Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My main problem with the challenge is that it took way longer than expected, I thought it wouldn't be more than half an hour. I really got upset when I logged in this morning and people were calling me a baby for falling asleep. Its really upsetting since I'm a grown man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

imgay posted:

My main problem with the challenge is that it took way longer than expected, I thought it wouldn't be more than half an hour. I really got upset when I logged in this morning and people were calling me a baby for falling asleep. Its really upsetting since I'm a grown man.

I just took it as that I broke your spirit.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

imgay posted:

There. There. It'll be OK.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

imgay posted:

Sounds like baby needs his burping!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
ok my saltiness has subsided and now I am just thirsty.

thirsty... for scum.

##vote opop

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Look at how Pinmom continued to refuse to defend his case, got really flippant about it, and jumped onto something else in the same page. How the hell am I getting votes when someone that scummy is scumming up the joint?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:angel:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I need a break from this thread after all this harassment. I'll go watch the :woof: :woof: :woof: :woof: :woof:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

imgay posted:

I need a break from this thread after all this harassment. I'll go watch the :woof: :woof: :woof: :woof: :woof:

My Girlfriend bought a bag of trail mix the other day and it made me think of you because it had fake m&m's in it.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That is something Kewpuh added after he force changed my avatar because it was too big

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

imgay posted:

That is something Kewpuh added after he force changed my avatar because it was too big

it still made me think of you.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!

Murmur Twin posted:

Did I miss where you placed a bet? With whom / on what / for what?

OmegaGoo posted:

Ugh. I appear to have misplaced my bet.

EXAKT Science posted:

OmegaGoo is now Hated and requires one fewer vote to execute!

I didn't have a lot of time to get my bet in, so I picked whomever was closest to a key at the time. Great job Roy!

Roydrowsy posted:

I think Goo is the gambler from "Kenny Roger's The Gambler"

Yeah, pretty much.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!

Roydrowsy posted:

Why would Goo want me to win? What are you talking about Goo?

Also, it was never my intention to win the game, it was my goal to finish with a key in hand and get an "item" as a result.

I did what I had intended to do. If you were invested in my victory, you might have wanted to say something.

So what was your reasoning here? I understand items are nice, and hell, they might help town in general, but why not try to actually win?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Roydrowsy posted:

I am not above posting things to seek out reactions fro. Which to make judgement, but typically I ask for people to try and clarify and summarize information.

This feels more like a "trick" which puts you in a position to label people scummy for not having seen through your trick, it leaves things too open to your interpretation.

I don't know if I find it scummy, but i don't like it.

I feel that the whole goal of Mafia is to take things that are open to interpretation and to draw correct conclusions from them. Jokephase (and the challenges) don't necessarily give anything to analyze, so recently I've been opening games with bad cases to see what happens.

King Burgundy posted:

My opinion on this is consistent. This looks like flailing to me.

My vote wasn't based on your changing your opinion of Keane, it was based on your liking a bad case that supported your opinion (which made me think it may be fabricated). While I'm not sure what you mean by "flailing", I admit the vote is as flimsy as D1 cases usually are.

Opopanax posted:

Look at how Pinmom continued to refuse to defend his case, got really flippant about it, and jumped onto something else in the same page. How the hell am I getting votes when someone that scummy is scumming up the joint?

I kind of feel like you're doing to PMom what you're accusing PMom of doing to me? He voted on me for making a bad case, but I don't think it would make sense for him to go all-in on it given that it was the only case that had been made at the time.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

EccoRaven posted:

ok my saltiness has subsided and now I am just thirsty.

thirsty... for scum.

##vote opop

This is super scummy

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

This is super scummy

oh ok sorry

##unvote

##vote anon

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Murmur Twin posted:

I feel that the whole goal of Mafia is to take things that are open to interpretation and to draw correct conclusions from them. Jokephase (and the challenges) don't necessarily give anything to analyze, so recently I've been opening games with bad cases to see what happens.

My vote wasn't based on your changing your opinion of Keane, it was based on your liking a bad case that supported your opinion (which made me think it may be fabricated). While I'm not sure what you mean by "flailing", I admit the vote is as flimsy as D1 cases usually are.

I kind of feel like you're doing to PMom what you're accusing PMom of doing to me? He voted on me for making a bad case, but I don't think it would make sense for him to go all-in on it given that it was the only case that had been made at the time.

If you don't want to answer my question about Narco, I don't really care, but I think it could be helpful.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

oh ok sorry

##unvote

##vote anon

That, didn't really make it less scummy ecco.

in fact it makes you seem MORE scummy.

##vote Ecco

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
25 posts is a lot :/ I don't think I have that much to say.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

yuming posted:

25 posts is a lot :/ I don't think I have that much to say.

Tell me about it, it is hard to get motivated sometimes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
As the champion of the first challenge, I'd just like to say that all this posturing pleases me.

I fought in the challenge for the thrill of it and now I'm getting a thrill from watching everyone else fight.

I shall be reading closely and enjoying it all.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I thought we'd be able to see what happened in the challenge? I feel left out.

Murmurs case is scummy still reading.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Murmur Twin posted:

No, I actually have reasons and am talking about them

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

My reason for voting Keane was exactly the same as yours minus some words. You didn't think it was worth a vote initially. But now you do. To me that looks like you are trying anything to get out of the pressure you were under since I hadn't actually done anything new. Aka flailing.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

It's Anarc, Opop, and KB. Thank me after the game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Opopanax posted:

No, I actually have reasons and am talking about them

I also agree with Opop on this. Pmom is prolly scum.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Do you have a case on me besides OMGUS?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh that's right, you don't discuss your cases

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Heh nice. Quoting this so I can laugh at you after the game is over.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Murmur just did the same thing as scum in the last game we played and that makes me suspicious.

Ecco is also giving me ~vibes~

Did anyone do anything scummy during the challenge?

I'm gonna ##vote Ecco because of the feeling her posts give me.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Opopanax posted:

Oh that's right, you don't discuss your cases

This thing you're saying about me. It's not true!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I agree on Ecco, looks like a smokescreen to defend Pmom against me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

yuming posted:

Murmur just did the same thing as scum in the last game we played and that makes me suspicious.

Ecco is also giving me ~vibes~

Did anyone do anything scummy during the challenge?

I'm gonna ##vote Ecco because of the feeling her posts give me.

I didn't see anything scummy but I wasn't really looking. Pig and I were having our own honorable battle and that it where I was focused.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm not scum it's just their "irrational ecco fear" taking hold, it happens all the time don't worry TMM.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

ty for coming to my rescue ec, I was really feeling the heat

(Opop do not read this post!)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I care about you pmom, you are my best and only friend in mafia and if you died I would be alone and hated by everyone who knows me.

--- tremendous taste

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

ty for coming to my rescue ec, I was really feeling the heat

(Opop do not read this post!)

Too late!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

I care about you pmom, you are my best and only friend in mafia and if you died I would be alone and hated by everyone who knows me.

--- tremendous taste

:glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
eh that last post was unnecessary and in bad taste. it was a dumb post and I shouldn't have made it. if this were a normal thread I'd have edited it out by now, just take this as my preemptive mea culpa.

• Locked thread