Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

We discussed this in the mason group, it depends on when wins was recruited. Punt investigated wins n1, wins could have been investigated recruited n2.

The worst part of all this is that we get nothing resolved in terms of figuring out sanity.

Also Amoeba, what is your role? Because clearly wins knew something about you, being a rolecop and all.

ftfy

And now that I am catching up, no it sounds like that is not the case...

Hmm...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Max posted:

This game has also been kinda frustrating for me, because I think I've picked up on a lot of people hanging around and watching but actively not participating. That usually screams scum at me, but it turns out there are a million loving mason docs or something where people are chatting with each other, and not actually posting in this thread.

I doubt there's any more. People being sideshow spectators like WWM who's just defensive posting mostly are still scummy weirdos.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.

EccoRaven posted:

Player List:
  1. a worthy uhh 100YrsofAttitude Replaced in, has been active-ish, wins vote was kind of bandwagony, but I don't see the sort of waffly language and inconsistencies I'd expect from a scum. Likely town
  2. Amoeba102 Question your role, don't trust it, posting has also been more of you questioning people than actual scumhunting. Would vote.
  3. fiery_valkyrie Town cop, sanity unknown. Scum re: merk, town re: me, has been more active in the mason thread. More likely town, but if Spoonsy flips scum I will be suspicious
  4. Gamerofthegame Apparently a town mason twin thing? Questioned you earlier, still don't think your play has been great but apparently you're confirmed so w/e
  5. Hal Incandenza Do not trust, you've made little snipey joke posts all game with not a whole lot of content, you had a bandwagon vote on Walrus which is the exact thing I'd expect from a scum member. Would vote
  6. Max Lol are you kidding me, a "cult that wins with the town"? Yeah those don't exist, I won't vote you today but obviously if it's getting close to endgame I have no qualms about lynching you.
  7. merk Town paranoid cop
  8. Quinquereme Acting more townie lately, questioned earlier but I like some of the points you are making, and you bring up a good case on Amoeba
  9. Spoonsy Town cop, sanity unknown, of the 4 cops, the one I suspect is scum
  10. The Ninth Layer chaoslord Holy poo poo are you even in this game? Lurker, post a case or get yourself replaced.
  11. WHICH WAY MADNESS
Town cop, question naive?

Replacements:
- UP

:s:
Night 0: Somberbrero, Jocasta Vellus, Head Chef (town-aligned doctor), died.
Day 1: WalrusWhiskers, Constance, Corrupt Servant (mafia-aligned goon), executed.
Night 1: yuming, Aldonza, Servant (town-aligned vanilla), died. CCKeane, Sebastianus Aris, Sous Chef (town-aligned white mage), died. QuoProQuid, Jobert, Corrupt Groundskeeper (mafia-aligned dayvig), died.
Day 2: Squiggly, Julianus Bäte, Butler (town-aligned governor), executed.
Night 2: Puntification, Nathanael, Housekeeper (town-aligned cop), died. Quidnose, Bourde, Servant (Clarent-aligned ??), died.
Day 3: wins32767, Laurence, Elder Son (Clarent-aligned rolecop), executed.
Night 3: Nth Doctor, Auguste, Gamekeeper (town-aligned roleblocker), died. zzyzx, Semir, Servant (town-aligned vanilla), died.

So that's where I'm at.

Town:
100yrs
Gamer
merk
Quinque
WWM

Scum:
Hal
Amoeba
Spoonsy

??:
Max
chaoslord
fiery

##vote Hal

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

I doubt there's any more. People being sideshow spectators like WWM who's just defensive posting mostly are still scummy weirdos.

What are you even on about here?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

It's a loving mason-"cult" those exist all the time.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Look, I'm just going to say it because I can see things going in that direction: Hal is also a Clarent recruit, so he's not part of the scum team. I don't know when he was recruited.

Honestly, thinking about it, I want to go for Amoeba today. It's weird to be bulletproof and not know it, and honestly I don't believe that. Likely responsible for the beast kills.

##vote Amoeba

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm sure the rest of the Clarent group is none too pleased with me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

So that's where I'm at.

If I were in a proper cult and became anti-town, I'm not sure I would really participate anymore because that idea is actually pretty repulsive to me as a player, but I'm not going to really try and convince people of the group's motivations.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

It's a loving mason-"cult" those exist all the time.

Every cult I've ever seen has had a different wincon, pardon me for not implicitly trusting everything I hear at face value.

Also you're kind of being a prick.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Max posted:

Also, as a final note, I was recruited into the Clarent group last night. I'm not super happy about having my alignment change mid-game since I was perfectly happy with what I had (VT) but them's the breaks The win condition has remained the same, but from what I can understand, it comes with an additional condition that one of the original members of the group must be alive by the end of the game in order for us to win now, so it's a weird masonry-survivor group that only wins with the town. Honestly, the message I got wasn't super clear.

I do know who else is in the group, but I can personally only talk to the person that recruited me. I'm not going to out anyone else from the group because that is their decision to make, but I honestly see no reason in hiding this information since the win condition still aligns with town.

This makes sense. In one my previous recent game there were a couple of scum teams and couple of town teams.

Also, the idea of a SK being Amoeba makes enough sense considering I've seen other players who've been outed with strange roles react in such a way. I had to go to work so I'm going to keep re-reading! I may have to stop to make and eat dinner but I'll get through it all before going to sleep and will stick around for a q&a session.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

It was The Misery of Madriu. I was part of the 'official' scum team versus the official town team. There were then another town team with a recruiting mechanic that we (as scum) let get out of hand and it lost us the game. We also pretty much decimated our Scum B team not knowing they were hunting the recruiters; it made us seem more town each time we caught scum. No team knew of the others' existence.

So yeah this stuff isn't unheard for Ecco.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It was The Misery of Madriu. I was part of the 'official' scum team versus the official town team. There were then another town team with a recruiting mechanic that we (as scum) let get out of hand and it lost us the game. We also pretty much decimated our Scum B team not knowing they were hunting the recruiters; it made us seem more town each time we caught scum. No team knew of the others' existence.

So yeah this stuff isn't unheard for Ecco.

I was the recruiter of the other mason team.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

In France AD 42(?) I was both on the official Scum team and was secretly part of another scum-survivor team, and both teams mutually won at the end, so yes, I am in agreement that this is not an unheard of thing for Ecco to have multiple town/scum teams.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm a complete idiot. For some reason when WW flipped, I had read it as mafia aligned godfather. The possibility of a godfather still being around on the scum team makes all that dethy stuff a lot more difficult to parse.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Max posted:

FV, what was your theory on Wins yesterday? I'm interested in your thoughts since there isn't much here in the thread that you've shared. Chaoslord too, I suppose.

If you're asking "Would I have voted wins?", yeah, I would have. F_V's case and WWM's post about wins being the right move for the day had me sold. Doubly so when the only thoughts about zzyzx were gut reads. I would have preferred to wait for wins to come back but that didn't end up happening. If that's not what you were asking, then try asking again, ha.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Max posted:

We have a nightkill that looks and smells like a werewolf and now we have a player that is bulletproof but they don't know it with apparently a strange result from a role-cop (I am not happy wins did in fact have a result but didn't come back to explain it, but maybe something came up in his life or something.) I don't think it would be a stretch to think that Amoeba is the one responsible for the werewolf-looking kill. I don't know how much I believe their claim that they didn't know about being bulletproof, but whatever.

Oh, also, I don't think Amoeba is the werewolf. Granted, it's speculation on my part, but I think there's a much better explanation around. (Quote this post and laugh at me when I'm wrong)

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Honestly, I don't even know what to make about the Clarent aligned thing but I feel like it's going to end up being just another big distraction for me. I'm getting way too tripped up on all these extra speculations so I'm gonna go back to what I feel is right outside of those things

##vote Spoonsy

Looks like Amoeba's pinging a lot of people, re:secret abilities, which is strange as hell, but I don't remember anything outside of that. I'll reread them when I have more time.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

chaoslord posted:

Oh, also, I don't think Amoeba is the werewolf. Granted, it's speculation on my part, but I think there's a much better explanation around. (Quote this post and laugh at me when I'm wrong)

Is your speculation just "I don't think Amoeba is the werewolf?" Because that isn't really just speculation, that's just a baseless assumption. My better explanation for "Amoeba doesn't know about their powers" is that Amoeba is just lying about that part. Serial killer being bulletproof fits though.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Every cult I've ever seen has had a different wincon, pardon me for not implicitly trusting everything I hear at face value.

Also you're kind of being a prick.

It's recruiting mason+ guy, not a cult.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I mean, it did give me an extra win condition, and essentially turned me into a faction specific survivor.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

By that I mean, we can't win with scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

By that I mean, we can't win with scum.

Yes, this. Also as far as I can tell the faction has no killing power unless they have been lying to me, I can't talk to anyone except the recruiter directly so I have no idea.

##vote Amoeba Pretty sure this is the right thing to do.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

chaoslord posted:

You know who is bulletproof? Werewolves!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yes, this. Also as far as I can tell the faction has no killing power unless they have been lying to me, I can't talk to anyone except the recruiter directly so I have no idea.

Sorry for outing you, but I saw the train starting up and decided to head it off at the pass.

Also, yes, I'll reiterate that I can also only talk to the recruiter.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Unless someone has a silver bullet.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

I'm sure the rest of the Clarent group is none too pleased with me.

Nah it's cool, I think you did the right thing.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't think we're being lied to, and sending the kill to Amoeba while also having Wins role cop them doesn't make sense.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
For whoever asked earlier, my theory was that wins was a scum tracker and saw Amoeba performing a kill.

As a role cop instead Amoeba could still easily be a SK. I'm not convinced by Amoeba claiming to not know what his powers were. It seems fairly obvious to me that wins learnt something about his role. Why would a rolecop be told more than the player themselves about their role?

Additionally, if Amoeba was the one performing the fireball kills, he would know that his action failed N2 and could claim it was targeted at him instead.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Max, Hal, it just occurred to me. What did wins know about Amoeba?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Max, Hal, it just occurred to me. What did wins know about Amoeba?

The recruiter didn't tell me. I just sent a PM, because I was curious about that as well. Hal has been in the group longer, so maybe he knows.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

fiery_valkyrie posted:

For whoever asked earlier, my theory was that wins was a scum tracker and saw Amoeba performing a kill.

As a role cop instead Amoeba could still easily be a SK. I'm not convinced by Amoeba claiming to not know what his powers were. It seems fairly obvious to me that wins learnt something about his role. Why would a rolecop be told more than the player themselves about their role?

Additionally, if Amoeba was the one performing the fireball kills, he would know that his action failed N2 and could claim it was targeted at him instead.

I kinda think Amoeba is more likely to be the werewolf kill, but I hadn't thought about Amoeba possibly being responsible for the fireball kill.

I think it's one or the other, but more likely werewolf.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Max posted:

Is your speculation just "I don't think Amoeba is the werewolf?" Because that isn't really just speculation, that's just a baseless assumption. My better explanation for "Amoeba doesn't know about their powers" is that Amoeba is just lying about that part. Serial killer being bulletproof fits though.

No. Admittedly, it is flavor speculation, but if there is one mod that makes games that I'm comfortable to flavor speculate for it's Ecco. I have a specific alternate candidate in mind for it and they are town. That said,

fiery_valkyrie posted:

This is a good point and I could see Amoeba being the fireball killer.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I have to disagree. Amoeba used specific words that Nth did too when his action failed ("locked door" etc) which leads me to believe it was a jailor of some sort or a recruit attempt or something like that. Ecco might have counted it as triggering the bullet proof reveal just to be nice.

I don't think he's the fire killah. I also think the firekiller was a two shot, as there hasn't been any since.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I don't really think he's some flavor of serial killer either cuz why would he announce he's bullet proof? That seems townie to me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmm, did the locked door block Nth from doing their action?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

##unvote

Now I really want to know what wins found out.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Max posted:

Hmm, did the locked door block Nth from doing their action?

Yes.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
I'm going to go to the Wet Hot American Summer NYC premiere and in all likelihood a hammer is going to occur while I'm there. So with that in mind, ##vote Amoeba.

Wins saw something. Otherwise he wouldn't have outright asked for a claim, which we still haven't received, when he did. He flipped town-aligned. I want to see what he saw.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

From what I know, no one tried to recruit Amoeba. Reminder that the role cop investigated Amoeba that night, so they wouldn't risk a recruitment at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Well if

Then Amoeba can't be the werewolf kill.

• Locked thread