Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Gamerofthegame posted:

re:confirmed town tho, so it's not me.

I didn't mean you're a werewolf. I meant I figured you were a town vig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Amoeba102 posted:

Max. Or anyone really. If you got a serial killer result on someone, and you were town (or town+). What would you do?

Honestly, I wouldn't out them as a SK. If I had any allies with a killing power then I would have them target them in secret but otherwise I'd probably try to be coy about it while finding ways to build up a vote to it because I wouldn't want to reveal how I knew they were a SK. I don't like claiming until forced if I have a power role. If I'm vanilla I don't particularly care.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Amoeba102 posted:

Max. Or anyone really. If you got a serial killer result on someone, and you were town (or town+). What would you do?

Not sure, but I know I would be super wary about claiming Role Cop, since that is traditionally a scum role(!) I am keeping in mind the fact that wins is one of the people that would need to be alive at the end of the game for the group to win, so I can see not wanting to claim right out of the gate. I honestly do not know why he didn't return to the thread though.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Here are some usual options if you're a rolecop by themselves:
Claim and know you helped the town despite likely signing your own death warrant.
Build a case against them knowing it is a true case.

Options if you're part of a team:
Actually tell your team, not just say "I think they are a serial killer".
Get the group to build cases/votes to get rid of them without outing your result.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Honestly, I wouldn't out them as a SK. If I had any allies with a killing power then I would have them target them in secret but otherwise I'd probably try to be coy about it while finding ways to build up a vote to it because I wouldn't want to reveal how I knew they were a SK. I don't like claiming until forced if I have a power role. If I'm vanilla I don't particularly care.

So, you think the Clarents have a kill?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

100, did you just slip that you are a clarent and your team is responsible for the firekill?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

100 is not in the group.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I wish I were a Clarent. I like masonries. I don't think they have a kill or a janitor for that matter.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Amoeba102 posted:

Mod speculation but I doubt Ecco would basically re-run that game.

You would be wrong here. I played Ecco's last game and she re-ran a previous setup then. See post here where she confirms it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3723154&userid=61359&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post447167342

Another thing that is similar between this setup and Madriu is that in the previous game the recruiter was also an empowerer and we saw that Quidnose flipped as a unrevealed power role.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Max you're talking to the Clarent recruiter and 100yrs is the only one here. I dunno. I think you guys have slipped up.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

You would be wrong here. I played Ecco's last game and she re-ran a previous setup then. See post here where she confirms it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3723154&userid=61359&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post447167342

Another thing that is similar between this setup and Madriu is that in the previous game the recruiter was also an empowerer and we saw that Quidnose flipped as a unrevealed power role.

Well, guess I'm wrong then.

Let's see me wrong about everything in the end. But I'm still not convinced that I am wrong in this game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Amoeba102 posted:

Max you're talking to the Clarent recruiter and 100yrs is the only one here. I dunno. I think you guys have slipped up.

Nope. But now I'm pretty convinced you're anti-town.

When the Clarent people started flipping earlier in this game, I actually didn't think much of it because as a VT, I saw that the flavor said I was pretty much in their employ. It didn't make sense to me that I should help eliminate them as a threat as well, since flavor wise that would be just wrong.

I did realize that they would be an excellent distraction for Scum/SK to push as a narrative, which you did HARD at the beginning of the day, as did WWM, more than anyone else today.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

From my perspective, I went to bed last night not thinking Clarents were anti-town when I was still VT, so people pushing the narrative that they are is really suspicious to me.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Max posted:

Nope. But now I'm pretty convinced you're anti-town.

When the Clarent people started flipping earlier in this game, I actually didn't think much of it because as a VT, I saw that the flavor said I was pretty much in their employ. It didn't make sense to me that I should help eliminate them as a threat as well, since flavor wise that would be just wrong.

I did realize that they would be an excellent distraction for Scum/SK to push as a narrative, which you did HARD at the beginning of the day, as did WWM, more than anyone else today.

It would be reasonable to think Clarent was pro-town until zzyzx flipped to show that FV was definitely not Insane. I'm pushing this because it is a serious threat that is being overlooked and the game will be lost if we take it for granted. That you ignore the scum result on clarent-aligned just tells me more and more that you guys are actually cultists and it's not that you're being duped.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Puntification had to be insane ergo clarent is scum. It's simple.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

You can look at flavour, which is often meaningless to what happens in the game.
Or you can look at the information from the game. Scum result on wins. Wins acting scummy with respect to this role and him asking me to claim.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and ##vote 100yrsofAttitude

If we don't get of the recruiter today I don't think the game will be winnable.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Can someone who's not a cultist comment.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Amoeba102 posted:

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and ##vote 100yrsofAttitude

:shrug:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
yeah okay

#unvote
##vote Amoeba

Still eyeballing WWM/100yrs tho.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm neither a cultist or a recruiter! I'm around playing smash debating whether or not going to bed. You've posted enough to have me lay my vote down on you at this point.

Amoeba102 posted:

You're right about this. I don't think the game will be winnable for you.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm neither a cultist or a recruiter! I'm around playing smash debating whether or not going to bed. You've posted enough to have me lay my vote down on you at this point.

You're right about this. I don't think the game will be winnable for you.

Don't bother hammering me I'll do it myself.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Amoeba102 posted:

Don't bother hammering me I'll do it myself.

We have a whole day. I don't think we have to hammer. There's a lot of people who haven't said a thing all day.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

Amoeba102 posted:

You can look at flavour, which is often meaningless to what happens in the game.
Or you can look at the information from the game. Scum result on wins. Wins acting scummy with respect to this role and him asking me to claim.

OK you're not even paying attention anymore, Punt had a town result on wins.

##unvote
##vote Amoeba

Max
Nov 30, 2002

:redhammer:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The Clarent's are bad news. I can assure you of that. You'll see my flip and you'll know that if wins rolecopped me like he presumably did, then it makes no sense for a pro-town faction to act like they did.

If wins rolecopped me, he'd have told his team. They would have done far more than what they did.
Wins most assuredly would not "think Amoeba's the SK" if he rolecopped me.

Max has been playing it up to make the link. Clarent is most assuredly bad, and you're going to have likely 5 of them tomorrow - I guess they had a team of 3. Rolecop, killer, recruiter. And they have 2 recruits. They'll outnumber the town and win. Way to lose.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Punt was insane wwm.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

100yrsofattitude: Amoeba102
Amoeba102: Quinquereme, Max, Hal Incandenza, Max, Spoonsy, Max, WhichWayMadness
Hal Incandenza: WhichWayMadness,WhichWayMadness
Spoonsy: Chaoslord, fiery_valkyrie
Which Way Madness: GameroftheGame

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Never doing that again. loving hell that took AGES

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Ecco says my second power has activated. That is all.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

As in, that is all I have been told.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Never doing that again. loving hell that took AGES

it's really not difficult. you could also have just built it off ICR's votecount earlier in the day.

=======

The members of the town surrounded Amoeba, heckling and throwing stones at him. Amoeba shouted something about a cult, but, nobody would listen to him. Finally they dragged him to the gallows... only to find Amoeba had smuggled in a small knife. He slit the rope and rendered the noose useless (nooseless).
"Well... now we need a new rope, I guess?"
"Seems that way. Anyone know where we can get one?"
"There should be one in Auguste's shed, next to his cage. I can tie it into a noose, but it'll take a while."

The game is on hold! You are welcome to post and vote, however any executions will not be processed until 12 hours from this post at the earliest.

Current votecount, as a reminder:
:c: The Current Day 4 Votecount :c:

Amoeba102 (6): Quinquereme, Max, Hal Incandenza, -Max, Spoonsy, Max, Gamerofthegame, WHICH WAY MADNESS
Spoonsy (2): chaoslord, fiery_valkyrie
100YrsofAttitude (1): Amoeba102
Hal Incandenza (0): WHICH WAY MADNESS, -WHICH WAY MADNESS
WHICH WAY MADNESS (0): Gamerofthegame, -Gamerofthegame

Not Voting (2): 100YrsofAttitude, merk

:h: With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is July 23rd, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 2 hours.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I guess it was a stay of execution.

WWM, try and think harder. Punt is Insane, ergo getting "TOWN" means it is actually "SCUM". Maybe if you were paying attention, you'd get that.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

We have a short window to turn this around and not lose the game.

I wanna hear from non clarent people. I want someone who's not invested in selling the TOWN+ angle to analyse what I've been saying about it. FV, Gamer, Merk, WWM. Get in here and look at the facts. If I'm right about this, and then it'll be game over if I'm executed.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You must be the SK.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

We have a short window to turn this around and not lose the game.

I wanna hear from non clarent people. I want someone who's not invested in selling the TOWN+ angle to analyse what I've been saying about it. FV, Gamer, Merk, WWM. Get in here and look at the facts. If I'm right about this, and then it'll be game over if I'm executed.

So you are feeling like WalrusWhiskers was just a mafia aligned goon all on his own and had no teammates?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

So you are feeling like WalrusWhiskers was just a mafia aligned goon all on his own and had no teammates?

Hal, come on.

EccoRaven posted:

\
:s: QuoProQuid, Jobert, Corrupt Groundskeeper (mafia-aligned dayvig), was mauled to death night 1. :s:[/b]

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I am absolutely not the SK. This is it.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Mafia team and Clarent team, both scum. The mafia team isn't recruiting though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Amoeba102 posted:

I am absolutely not the SK. This is it.

When I see lynchproof/bulletproof, I see the definition of a SK.

• Locked thread