Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I don't really like all the flavor posts going on. Seems like an easy way for scum to hide in plain sight by posting but not saying anything.

Do you think it is probable that scum are avoiding content via flavor?

Is there anyone in particular that you are referring to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

QuoProQuid posted:

Uh...yes. That's exactly what I was saying. Off the top of my head, merk and keane were the ones I was thinking of. I also was suspish of imgay and cpig for the same reasons but looking back, they seem to have actually tried to contribute recently.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

QuoProQuid posted:

You asking that made me remember I wanted to ask about that post as well.

While it's true that flavor posts can be used by scum to hide, isn't also a little odd to complain about flavor posts in a game that is supposed to have some flavor (which we personally created)? I mean sure, at a certain point flavor is probably going to get put on the back burner, but that isn't on D1.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I also was suspish of imgay [...] but looking back, they seem to have actually tried to contribute recently.

Please point out where imgay has tried to contribute, ty.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

QuoProQuid posted:

Getting a greater sense of "flailing" from KB than Murmur because KB is doubling down on a lovely joke case that literally no one likes. Get the sense of trapped scum trying to divert attention to another member of their bandwagon after the experiment goes sour.

Interesting. And you feel the same way after my most recent posts on the subject?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

QuoProQuid posted:

Cool. Please elaborate.

He's not backing up anything he says, trying to participate in the conversation the minimal amount with the minimal amount of words, etc. This seems like scum PinMom to me. But he's not my first choice.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Nothing ANarc or Opop have said feels sincere to me. Opop keeps mischaracterizing my posts in a way that feels agenda-driven, and Anarc keeps giving weird opinions ("Murmur is scum hunting", "imgay is contributing') that have no basis in reality.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Pinterest Mom posted:

Please point out where imgay has tried to contribute, ty.

He made one actually decent post. Which isn't much but does refute my point of him hiding behind flavor posts.

imgay posted:

Having a good case when we have zero information really falls flat for me. Building up early rhetoric just seems to be a town thing for some people. Most games I've played usually at least one scum is seen to be accepted as town for these kind of dumb reasons

But tbh I'm used to imgay shitposting in every game and it's a null tell for me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Nothing ANarc or Opop have said feels sincere to me. Opop keeps mischaracterizing my posts in a way that feels agenda-driven, and Anarc keeps giving weird opinions ("Murmur is scum hunting", "imgay is contributing') that have no basis in reality.

I agree with you on the imgay comment. That is pretty weird.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

He made one actually decent post. Which isn't much but does refute my point of him hiding behind flavor posts.

But tbh I'm used to imgay shitposting in every game and it's a null tell for me.

Mafia edit:

His flavor posting is a null tell because he shitposts in every game.

I worded that weirdly.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo, Goku's new super saiyan form is called Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Pinterest Mom posted:

Hey, when everyone else is shitposting, one person making a case, no matter how fake or dumb it was, is scum hunting. She kick started the game basically. All I said was that she felt town to me for actually trying to play the game while the rest of us jerked around.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

That's not an actual game related post. You can paste that post into any game and it's exactly as relevant as it is here. Why do you like it?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Pinterest Mom posted:

That's not an actual game related post. You can paste that post into any game and it's exactly as relevant as it is here. Why do you like it?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Anarc is scum making town reads on players who are acting semi-shady. Let's kill her. Thank you and god bless.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!

QuoProQuid posted:

you are just mad because i ate you

and my point is, "why defend yourself for something that doesn't need to be defended?" Saying "oh noooooo, i didn't really want to win" just comes off as superficially townie to me imho.

I actually asked a question similar to that of you:

OmegaGoo posted:

Also, my bet on Roy is the main bit in our interaction here, I could ask the same questions of Narc and QPQ. Did it look like they were actively trying to win?

Mind you, it was horribly indirect, so I understand if you missed it.

My question is thus: "Why didn't you try to win?"

Same to you, Anarc.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
So I'm confused here. Do you think me and imgay are scum together?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

So I'm confused here. Do you think me and imgay are scum together?

No.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I did try to win and I was drat close. I definitely wouldn't have wasted 4 hours on a challenge to not try and win.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

But you said he's acting shady?

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

I did try to win and I was drat close. I definitely wouldn't have wasted 4 hours on a challenge to not try and win.

That's what I wanted to know, and I figured that was the case. Apologies for making a minor accusation without information.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

But you said he's acting shady?

Yes, and I think you're scum making town calls on townies who are acting badly.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why am I shady Pmom?

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

garthoneeye posted:

I think Merk is face Hogan and not heel Hollywood Hulk Hogan.

Has this guy actually posted much of anything?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Segur appreciates your efforts in the challenge last night. He knows you grew irritated and is pleased that you toughed it out. A true combatant!

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Yeah, so I'd vote for Yuming, Merk, or Garth, just based on amount of content. (Yeah yeah, replacements and such, but still).

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Segur appreciates your efforts in the challenge last night. He knows you grew irritated and is pleased that you toughed it out. A true combatant!

The more you do this, the more certain I am that betting on you the future is a good option!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

imgay posted:

Why am I shady Pmom?

Because you're obstinately refusing to engage with the game.

But somehow you make one post that's not an obvious shitpost and ANarc decides you're in the clear?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

okay.. i have some time to go over this stuff. Evidently I have a handful of votes... I'm not sure why yet...

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Roydrowsy posted:

okay.. i have some time to go over this stuff. Evidently I have a handful of votes... I'm not sure why yet...

Mine's a joke vote, so ##unvote. :)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Mine's a joke vote, so ##unvote. :)

Oops.

##unvote

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

So, for D1 votes, is the appearance of substance without actual substance usually a tipoff?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't really like its a mischaracterization to ask you to explain your posts.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Pinterest Mom posted:

Because you're obstinately refusing to engage with the game.

But somehow you make one post that's not an obvious shitpost and ANarc decides you're in the clear?

Holy poo poo stop putting words in my mouth. I never said he's in the clear, I never said he made any good posts. All I said, in a post about how people are using flavor to obscure a lack of content, is that it looked like he was beginning to try to engage with the game.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

I have a massive headache right now, but there's something that reads as tonally off about Roy's post here. I'm not entirely sure how to articulate it, but I get the ~~~vibe~~~ of someone that wants to post, but really has nothing to say. I find it odd that Roy doesn't provide any substantive content until Murmur provides him with an easy target (1).

Does anyone else get this vibe?

in regards to this..what exactly, of substance, took place in this game before the first challenge? Murmur was really the point where actual things started to happen. Should I have attempted to make a serious inquest into the scumminess of somebody based on their ability to pun?

OmegaGoo posted:

Also, my bet on Roy is the main bit in our interaction here, I could ask the same questions of Narc and QPQ. Did it look like they were actively trying to win?

not sure if that was answered yet, but it seemed like for the most part, they were. Three people with keys were heading to the finish line. I was nowhere near it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

OmegaGoo posted:

The more you do this, the more certain I am that betting on you the future is a good option!

You shall do as you wish. I fight. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose and someday someone will kill me. But until then, I fight.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

OmegaGoo posted:

The other thing I'd like to clarify is that lynching people who are talking a lot on D1 doesn't sit well with me. Once again, regardless of alignment, a person who talks more is a hell of a lot more useful in long run than someone who doesn't talk at all. That is the main reason King should not be lynched (I also think he's town, but that's a different point).

And for the love of all that is good and moneymaking, Keane, explain that vote!

I don't care to.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
CCKeane is Bartleby the Scrivener.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

Feeling much better! Let's begin again.

Upon revisiting this post, I think I can better explain why it set me off. The first three lines strike me as defensive. There's no reason for Roy to distance himself from Goo, nor any reason to explain his motives in last night's challenge. While claiming "it was never my intention to win the game" appears to be pro-town, it doesn't make sense on second thought. What sort of player would not play to win? Protection from the lynch is protection from the lynch. Saying that you had no intent to win is defending behavior that needs no defending.

And then there's this post, which is just repeating objections that were previously raised in a slightly different packaging before doubling back. It's meaningless and meandering. I don't know what Roy's position actually is, and her following posts leave me even further confused as to what her position actually is.

damnit i typed a response and it deleted itself.
First part....

Saying I had no intent to win is just me being honest about what happened. I have explained this. The contest was a 1 in 8 shot to win a prize i had a 1 in 17 chance of needing.
I could play those odds, or go for the 1 in 4 shot of winning a 'mystery prize' I looked at the odds, and chose the better odds.

Second part..
I have tried to make my posts meaningful, but I have been trying to make sure that my count went up so I didn't get replaced, as I saw that my posting was a bit short at the start of the day.

But, here is another thing that I have already explained in this game.

I don't know how other people put their posts together, but here is my process.
I read a bunch of stuff. I click the button to reply. Then I type as I think through it all. I attempt to type and publish all of my ideas. I will point out, as best I can, the things I do and do not like. Just because I don't like something does not mean I have made the decision that it is scummy. If you are unsure about my position, feel free to ask. Typically, I don't throw my votes around all that much. I'm not much for voting to put pressure on people.

my Goo vote is a joke so ##unvote

There are things I need to review before I try and post a new vote.. I am still going over everything from the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

CCKeane posted:

I don't care to.

... Seriously? I'm not for OMGUSing, but you are seriously scummy man.

##vote Keane

• Locked thread