Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

tacodaemon posted:

Hey, what does that top commenter have against Kerry Sandusky? Just another one of those haters who can't stand midget-car racing?

They meant Jerry, not Kerry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Duggars favorite dragon age monster is the brood mother.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
9/11 was a Jimside Bob

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Are those sort of facial features common in that part of the world or is Josh related to his wife by blood?

Yes.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

but i poop from there.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

http://www.people.com/article/duggars-heartbroken-over-tlc-cancellation?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

quote:

The source says the evangelical Christian family, who often discussed their religious faith on their TLC show, is "heartbroken that they've now lost that platform."

"The Duggars want to return to TV because they truly believe it was part of God's plan for them to spread the word about their faith," the source says.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
New show name:

Duggering the Nation

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Spread their seed into their sisters' pee-pee holders, more like.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

LOL

Breaking Bad exists, and this dumb oval office only watches 19 Kids and Counting

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I, too, am saddened by the repeated rapes of multiple children and the subsequent coverup to protect the rapist.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

SpeedGem posted:

but i poop from there.

not right now ya don't

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

quote:

The source says the evangelical Christian family, who often discussed their religious faith on their TLC show, is "heartbroken that they've now lost that platform."

"The Duggars want to return to TV because they truly believe it was part of God's plan for them to spread the word about their faith," the source says.
How come they don't think that it's God's plan to stop them from spreading the word about their faith? They got shut down pretty decisively, I don't think God could be any more obvious about wanting them to shut the gently caress up.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

lol at the goons who think it's hypocritical of the Duggars to allow this

the bible had Lot offering his daughters up for rape so that the angels wouldn't get Duggared

get your poo poo straight goons

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Bim Job

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Dangerous times, indeed!

First they came for the street preachers, but I didn't speak out because I wasn't a street preacher. Next they came for the pedophile apologist reality TV family, but I didn't speak out because I wasn't part of a pedophile apologist reality TV family. Then they came for me...

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

the bible had Lot offering his daughters up for rape so that the angels wouldn't get Duggared

Hospitality is the highest virtue

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Axolotl posted:

How come they don't think that it's God's plan to stop them from spreading the word about their faith? They got shut down pretty decisively, I don't think God could be any more obvious about wanting them to shut the gently caress up.

They keep talking about how Michelle gets pregnant because it's "God's plan" even though her last two children were a miscarriage and a premature baby respectively and her next pregnancy risks killing her as well as her unborn child. They just do whatever they want and justify it with GOD'S PLAN but their interest in God's opinion is mysteriously absent whenever they fail at life and have to be bailed out.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Clochette posted:

They keep talking about how Michelle gets pregnant because it's "God's plan" even though her last two children were a miscarriage and a premature baby respectively and her next pregnancy risks killing her as well as her unborn child. They just do whatever they want and justify it with GOD'S PLAN but their interest in God's opinion is mysteriously absent whenever they fail at life and have to be bailed out.

Jim Bob

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Clochette posted:

Gods plan includes science helping her barren field support life.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Jim Bob.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

Indeed. They only hypocrisy here was in either not forcing Josh to marry the sisters he molested, or in not stoning them to death after the fact.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

The Bible posted:

Indeed. They only hypocrisy here was in either not forcing Josh to marry the sisters he molested, or in not stoning them to death after the fact.

Question: "Why did God allow incest in the Bible?"

Answer: There are numerous examples of incest in the Bible. The most commonly thought-of examples are the sons/daughters of Adam and Eve (Genesis 4), Abraham marrying his half-sister Sarah (Genesis 20:12), Lot and his daughters (Genesis 19), Moses’ father Amram who married his aunt Jochebed (Exodus 6:20), and David’s son Amnon with his half-sister Tamar (2 Samuel 13). It is important to note, however, that in two of the above instances (Tamar and Lot) one of the parties involved was an unwilling participant in the incest.

It is important to distinguish between incestuous relationships prior to God commanding against them (Leviticus 18:6-18) and incest that occurred after God’s commands had been revealed. Until God commanded against it, it was not incest. It was just marrying a close relative. It is undeniable that God allowed incest in the early centuries of humanity. If Adam and Eve were indeed the only two human beings God created, their sons and daughters would have had no other choice but to marry and reproduce with their siblings and close relatives. The second generation would have had to marry their cousins, just as after the flood the grandchildren of Noah would have had to intermarry amongst their cousins. The reason incest is so strongly discouraged in the world today is the understanding that reproduction between closely related individuals has a much higher risk of causing genetic abnormalities. In the early days of humanity, though, this was not a risk due to the fact that the human genetic code was relatively free of defects.

It seems, then, that by the time of Moses, the human genetic code had become polluted enough that close intermarriage was no longer safe. So, God commanded against sexual relations with siblings, half-siblings, parents, and aunts/uncles (Genesis 2:24 seems to indicate that marriage and sexual relations between parents and children were never allowed by God). It was not until many centuries later that humanity discovered the genetic reason that incest is unsafe and unwise. While the idea of incest is disgusting and abhorrent to us today, as it should be, we have to remember why it is sinful, that is, the genetic problems. Since this was not an issue in the early centuries of humanity, what occurred between Adam and Eve’s children, Abraham and Sarah, and Amram and Jochebed, should not be viewed as incest. Again, the key point is that sexual relations between close relatives must be viewed differently pre-Law and post-Law. It did not become “incest” until God commanded against it.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Clochette posted:

How completely unlike most megachurchers, how odd

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

SpeedGem posted:

Answer: There are numerous examples of incest in the Bible. The most commonly thought-of examples are the sons/daughters of Adam and Eve (Genesis 4), Abraham marrying his half-sister Sarah (Genesis 20:12), Lot and his daughters (Genesis 19), Moses’ father Amram who married his aunt Jochebed (Exodus 6:20), and David’s son Amnon with his half-sister Tamar (2 Samuel 13). It is important to note, however, that in two of the above instances (Tamar and Lot) one of the parties involved was an unwilling participant in the incest.

It is important to distinguish between incestuous relationships prior to God commanding against them (Leviticus 18:6-18) and incest that occurred after God’s commands had been revealed. Until God commanded against it, it was not incest. It was just marrying a close relative. It is undeniable that God allowed incest in the early centuries of humanity. If Adam and Eve were indeed the only two human beings God created, their sons and daughters would have had no other choice but to marry and reproduce with their siblings and close relatives. The second generation would have had to marry their cousins, just as after the flood the grandchildren of Noah would have had to intermarry amongst their cousins. The reason incest is so strongly discouraged in the world today is the understanding that reproduction between closely related individuals has a much higher risk of causing genetic abnormalities. In the early days of humanity, though, this was not a risk due to the fact that the human genetic code was relatively free of defects.

It seems, then, that by the time of Moses, the human genetic code had become polluted enough that close intermarriage was no longer safe. So, God commanded against sexual relations with siblings, half-siblings, parents, and aunts/uncles (Genesis 2:24 seems to indicate that marriage and sexual relations between parents and children were never allowed by God). It was not until many centuries later that humanity discovered the genetic reason that incest is unsafe and unwise. While the idea of incest is disgusting and abhorrent to us today, as it should be, we have to remember why it is sinful, that is, the genetic problems. Since this was not an issue in the early centuries of humanity, what occurred between Adam and Eve’s children, Abraham and Sarah, and Amram and Jochebed, should not be viewed as incest. Again, the key point is that sexual relations between close relatives must be viewed differently pre-Law and post-Law. It did not become “incest” until God commanded against it.

So.... God isn't perfect? He intentionally designed our DNa to get all hosed up if we diddled with close relatives? Gods a loving monster. To punish the children of such a union with unbearable defects is heinous.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

LingcodKilla posted:

So.... God isn't perfect? He intentionally designed our DNa to get all hosed up if we diddled with close relatives? Gods a loving monster. To punish the children of such a union with unbearable defects is heinous.

Hey man, maybe god had a bad day, maybe he was remembering the angle rebellion and creating hell in a drunken haze. Gods just a frat boy. With a car dealership.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

God just wants to watch some Goddamn tv after a hard day's work now quit your Goddamn yapping

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

SpeedGem posted:

Hey man, maybe god had a bad day, maybe he was remembering the angle rebellion and creating hell in a drunken haze. Gods just a frat boy. With a car dealership.

Well if you put it that way I guess pobodys nerfect. Who do I write the check to in order to guarantee my salvation?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
God is whatever I say he is at the moment

The Bible
May 8, 2010

SpeedGem posted:

Then who did Cain marry after he was kicked out into foreign lands? Where did all those people come from?

SpeedGem posted:

In the early days of humanity, though, this was not a risk due to the fact that the human genetic code was relatively free of defects.

[Citation badly needed]

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

The Bible posted:

Then who did Cain marry after he was kicked out into foreign lands? Where did all those people come from?

probably dinosaurs. who knows.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

SpeedGem posted:

Ok, I'm convinced now.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

The Bible posted:

Ok, I'm convinced now.

well you see when a man loves a dinosaur, floods happen so.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

SpeedGem posted:

I would have also accepted "satan" or "liberals" as an answer.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Jesus, guys, we went over this poo poo like 75 pages ago. Keep Up!

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Pvt.Scott posted:

Jesus, guys, we went over this poo poo like 75 pages ago. Keep Up!

Well you see the timeline got a bit messed up on facebook, happens.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

The Bible posted:

His younger brothers and sisters that Adam and Eve had after Cain and Able. The same siblings who inexplicably moved away, had children of their own, and built cities while Cain and Able stayed behind.

When everyone has a lifespan of 900+ years it's easier to work out the logic. Cain could have married a younger sister or even a niece over the hill in the land of Nod. The thing is, as far as I can tell people still aged mostly the same. You weren't a child for 100 years - yet Cain apparently had no interest in raising a family of his own until after he killed his brother. And none of the other kids stayed with Adam and Eve, not even to form a little village. So essentially Cain and Able were really immature man-children who never left home.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
The Jews were created separate from the Gentiles in order to provide an example of holiness to the world. Cain simply went and hosed some godless heathens.

Man's genetic code allows mutations and imperfections due to sin corrupting god's perfect creation.

One of those is my personal interpretation and the other is a relatively mainstream American Protestant apologetic view. I'll let you guess which is which.

E: hint. It's the one that blames the victim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Pvt.Scott posted:

The Jews were created separate from the Gentiles in order to provide an example of holiness to the world. Cain simply went and hosed some godless heathens.

But Godless heathens that never actually killed anyone, since Cain was supposed to represent the first murderer. Thereby separating morality from religion

Then there were the divine beings that were wandering around and having demigod children. The Old Testament was so awesome with it's incest and plagues and sacrificing. I'm going to wager Jim Bob skips the Lott stories at the evening Bible study, though.

• Locked thread