Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Can a cop clarify what targets were chosen N2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

Amoeba102 posted:

I personally wanted to investigate F_V since she was the only one with a scum result

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Did merk say who tried to investigate, or FV?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

Spoonsy posted:

I personally wanted to investigate F_V since she was the only one with a scum result

mafia: I investigated F_V, but was blocked

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Amoeba102 posted:

Merk never mentioned who he targeted, just that he was roleblocked. I tried to investigate Quidnose.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I was thinking if you went after the same target it could explain the roleblock in some way. There has to be some form of correlation we can get from it. Because there are not 3 more roleblockers beyond Nth since didn't target the cops at all.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I was thinking if you targeted Spoonsy, he might have been jailed. But that's a bust. I would say that maybe FV was jailed but WWM got a result on FV and merk wouldn't investigate FV twice.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

drat it. I thought I loving had it.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
You keep trying to talk this town in circles, maybe make them think they've got the wrong guy. Me, I'm happy with my vote right where it is.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm not trying to talk this town around in circles. I'm trying to save it.

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem
I'm at lunch and have about half an hour.

What is happening? Is the day extended and then Amoeba gets lynched, or is he lynchproof or something?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

AFAIK it's not a real executeproof.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Quinquereme posted:

I'm at lunch and have about half an hour.

What is happening? Is the day extended and then Amoeba gets lynched, or is he lynchproof or something?

Thats how I read it. So if he still has 6 votes at whatever point Ecco ends the day then he'll get lynched again.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

It's pretty bad how a bloc of players wants to turbo me on the flimsy of reasons.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I dare to question the intentions of Clarent and suddenly I'm up on the block waiting for a rope. How fitting.
What is it they say? "If you want to know who is oppressing you, look at those who you are not allowed to criticise".

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem
Amoeba, I'm really not into how you're going on and on about the setup. And as far as I can work out you haven't actually gotten anywhere with the setup spec either, you are just throwing around a lot of possibilities without any conviction except for being intent on painting the Clarents as mafia based purely on the fact cops maybe get a SCUM result on them.

Re wins:

Amoeba102 posted:

Max, I think you're being opportunistic here. If wins thought I was the serial killer from rolecopping me, he would have said it. he would have voted. That's absurd to believe a rolecop gets a serial killer result and then sits on it. If wins thought I was a serial killer it would be unrelated to any results he got.

Your use of language is giving you an easy out when I don't flip serial killer. "Wins thought" while defering to his role as a rolecop.

I think that's pretty weak. wins wouldn't have straight up asked you to claim unless he got a SK or scum role from rolecopping you.

The asking you to claim then never coming back as a plan doesn't make sense any way you look at it - if he found out you had a town role, why would he ask you to claim? If he was anti-town, and found out you had a town role but wanted to lynch you, why would he ask you to claim then disappear? Surely he'd have a better plan for getting you lynched then asking you to claim and then disappear as soon as you (as he'd expect) claim to not be SK/scum.

If he town-aligned, and found out you had a scum role (or SK), it makes sense he would ask you to claim, then after your claim tell us what he found out. This makes the most sense to me. Since he never reappeared I'm going to guess something came up because it makes no sense to me otherwise.

And re Max - if I'm reading right Max has indirect access to the other Clarents via the recruiter. So then isn't it kind of obvious why he'd know what wins thought?

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem

Amoeba102 posted:

No I broke the rules on purpose because WWM said I wasn't paying attention when it is clearly WWM who has not been following along. I thought I was gone and I was angry. What was the mod going to do, mod-kill me for breaking the rules when I was already executed?

Amoeba you seem too nice to break the rules like this. Even when we're accusing you directly you haven't seemed particularly angry to me.

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem

Spoonsy posted:

I'm going to go to the Wet Hot American Summer NYC premiere and in all likelihood a hammer is going to occur while I'm there. So with that in mind, ##vote Amoeba.

Wins saw something. Otherwise he wouldn't have outright asked for a claim, which we still haven't received, when he did. He flipped town-aligned. I want to see what he saw.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

The day has barely even started. Why are you putting votes down on players because that is where the thread is going, instead of trying to hunt scum?

##vote Spoonsy

f_v this doesn't make sense to me - Spoonsy is clearly voting Amoeba because he'll be gone for a while and wants his vote down in case he's not back by the time the day ends. He is voting Amoeba because he also believes that wins had good reason for what he did. Why would you say Spoonsy is only voting based on where the thread is going?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Quinquereme posted:

Amoeba, I'm really not into how you're going on and on about the setup. And as far as I can work out you haven't actually gotten anywhere with the setup spec either, you are just throwing around a lot of possibilities without any conviction except for being intent on painting the Clarents as mafia based purely on the fact cops maybe get a SCUM result on them.

Re wins:

I think that's pretty weak. wins wouldn't have straight up asked you to claim unless he got a SK or scum role from rolecopping you.

The asking you to claim then never coming back as a plan doesn't make sense any way you look at it - if he found out you had a town role, why would he ask you to claim? If he was anti-town, and found out you had a town role but wanted to lynch you, why would he ask you to claim then disappear? Surely he'd have a better plan for getting you lynched then asking you to claim and then disappear as soon as you (as he'd expect) claim to not be SK/scum.

If he town-aligned, and found out you had a scum role (or SK), it makes sense he would ask you to claim, then after your claim tell us what he found out. This makes the most sense to me. Since he never reappeared I'm going to guess something came up because it makes no sense to me otherwise.

And re Max - if I'm reading right Max has indirect access to the other Clarents via the recruiter. So then isn't it kind of obvious why he'd know what wins thought?

Working from the bottom up. Yeah I got that Max was talking to the recruiter. My point is the specific language "Wins thought". If Wins KNEW i was a SK from a rolecop, he would have said that. It's couched language. It's leaving the reader to make the jump between what wisn thought and wins being a rolecop and going "Oh, wins thought SK, wins is a rolecop, Amoeba must be an SK". If "Wins thought Amoeba was the SK", he would not have a rolecop result on me. I am not an SK.

If wins was town, asking me to claim and then disappearing while thinking I was the SK makes no sense. If he told his recruiter, they could have also done something more. Wins got something weird as a rolecop - I don't know what role name is going to flip with all these secret powers - and I figure he thought he could get leverage for a bad execution. It didn't work so he disappeared while the dethy chat took over.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Quinquereme posted:

Amoeba you seem too nice to break the rules like this. Even when we're accusing you directly you haven't seemed particularly angry to me.

I am usually nice but WWMs hammer while I was making a post did make me mad.

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem

Amoeba102 posted:

I dare to question the intentions of Clarent and suddenly I'm up on the block waiting for a rope. How fitting.
What is it they say? "If you want to know who is oppressing you, look at those who you are not allowed to criticise".

Amoeba, if you're really town, shouldn't you be looking for scum or the SK instead of still going on about what is most likely a pro-town group?

Amoeba102 posted:

I'm getting a little overwhelmed, but my gut says Quin and Hal are bad guys. Sad to say it.

Amoeba102 posted:

I just get a gut feeling she is Clarent aligned and evidence to me in the game points to Clarent being bad for the town despite what the flavour would lead yopu to believe.

Do you actually think I'm scummy? You think I'm connected to the Clarents and based on your setup spec Clarent is scum and therefore I must be scum if I'm Clarent, but that is the basically the whole case right?

This is why I don't like all the setup speculation - based on what people have said about Ecco's games the setups are very unique, so it seems a bit pointless to me compared to how each person reads.

Having thought about the dethy and Clarent stuff a bit - what if Clarent is pro town and the cop results say they are scum to make town suspicious of each other? Maybe to balance having a group of townies who are all confirmed to each other? There are at least two confirmed masonries so that's a lot of confirmed town if they can be confirmed by cops. Or I could be completely wrong - there are so many ideas Ecco could have come up with. So once again, this is why I think claiming an entire faction is anti-town just based on the cop result saying scum (and I don't think this is even confirmed with all the sanity possibilities, right?) is wrong.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.

Gamerofthegame posted:

Alright.

I think the scum are WWM and 100yrs.

Spoonsy hasn't really done anything one way or another. He doesn't strike me as egregiously scummy and I think a lot of the heat that he's been getting has been latent "hmm he's kinda scummy!" poo poo as well as the dethy speculation. He's still considered suspicious after a few days of would-be votes, yet we've gone after other folks instead and he's just that one last scummy dude.

Amoeba... alright, I don't think it's Amoeba. Nothing to it there.

On the flipside, we have these two. WWM voted on the scum Walrus, but it was the third to last vote and votefinder claimed it was -2. A pretty standard "oh no better look like town!" vote when the hammer's coming down; nothing else to do.

Here we have the vote post, trimmed of some irrelvant stuff. He shits on Walrus at the very end with no posts suggesting that opinion until the end, most of it being directed at me instead due to the early game Max vote. Nothing to weird there. However, he reads Hal as town and pretty much immediately spins his view point around the next day. In fact, he does the same with Quin and merk, basically pointing out anyone potentially agreeing with each other and crying scum. Lazy, "nothing" scum hunting at best.

Looking through his history, most of WMV's posting is either discrediting cases or pointing random pairs as scummy and then immediately dropping it. It's a lot of whitenoise for discussion to try and make things fizzle, all the while trying to get cases pushed on "acceptable" targets. Especially on the Clarent "cult."

He's in the cop group, but he's looked at Squiggly - who then got lynched and he didn't so much as redirect it elsewhere - and FV, both pretty safe bets. It makes him look creditable. His posting grew a lot more defensive after Merk outed the cop doc, which makes me think of a scum who's seen as town and will try and keep it that way tooth and claw.

But that's not all!

In his sweeping town/scum/idunno post he makes 100yrs as town. The two haven't engaged each other at all this game and even when prompted it was very vanillia, "Yeah they're alright, look at these good posts here." Screams like a scum duo trying to not be associated with each other to me. He's pushed on just townies thus far, but this post seems particularly bad to me;

ha ha gang wow lots of mess ups well best keep at it!

Also this, especially weird after he made a case on her.

Further more, the two are leading the charge on "Clarent is second scum!" despite not making sense in regards to the ~~~flavor~~~ and Max saying otherwise. Yet they're not harassing Max. At all. Once again, sounds like they're trying to bring chaos and confusion to the town by discrediting mason+ team, while not... actually doing anything with 'em.

That's my take.

##vote WWM, first things first.

I posted about ww in the mason doc, agreeing with merk on his impression of the post ww made. Regarding Hal, there was a succession of my thoughts in my post history where I had gut town -> needs to post more -> suspicious. It wasn't a "spin" like you're portraying.

Also, protip, it's bad form to link players who haven't flipped.

Your case is poo poo, try again.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Quin. Maybe you're right. Maybe I've just let this all get away from me. I can't get over the idea that Clarent is a cult. Maybe I should just let it go.

##unvote

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem

Amoeba102 posted:

You've said something like this before. Yeah, there was a whole day left till deadline. But wins last post was asking me to claim on Jul 18, 22:22, I voted on Jul 20 22:20. So in those 48 hours wins couldn't come in and say anything? You'll excuse me if I got bored waiting for him to elaborate.

Yeah I get that it's boring to wait when you really want to know the flip, but if it's already been two days a bit longer wouldn't have hurt. I think I didn't post for almost as long because of a few really late work nights, then getting our house stuff sorted. It's conceivable that something could have been keeping wins really busy but he could have come back on the third day. I don't blame you guys for not wanting to wait more but I wish he'd had a bit more time since he could have come back with his results.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

It was boring waiting because we were in a wins or zzyzx dichotomy at the time.

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem

Amoeba102 posted:

Quin. Maybe you're right. Maybe I've just let this all get away from me. I can't get over the idea that Clarent is a cult. Maybe I should just let it go.

##unvote

I think you're a nice person and I'm sorry we're on different sides - I still think you are either the fireball or the mauler so I'm not going to unvote.

Actually, if you had no idea what your secret powers are as you claimed, couldn't you be the fireballer or mauler without knowing it?

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem

Amoeba102 posted:

And congratulations on the house. Sydney prices suck so I hope you still have at least one limb remaining.

I don't know if it still counts as Sydney when it's a whole hour out :(
But it's a nice house so there's that :)

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Quinquereme posted:

I don't know if it still counts as Sydney when it's a whole hour out :(
But it's a nice house so there's that :)

With Sydney traffic, that's the Inner west :v:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Amoeba102 posted:

With Sydney traffic, that's the Inner west :v:

The good thing about living in Brisbane....

oh wait, there is no good thing.

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem

chaoslord posted:

Oh, also, I don't think Amoeba is the werewolf. Granted, it's speculation on my part, but I think there's a much better explanation around. (Quote this post and laugh at me when I'm wrong)

Hey chaos can you please elaborate on this - what do you think would be a much better explanation? And are you referring to an explanation for wins' actions here or for Amoeba's weird role or something else entirely?

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem

fiery_valkyrie posted:

The good thing about living in Brisbane....

oh wait, there is no good thing.

Are we all Aussies lunchtime posting? :hfive:

I miss living in Tasmania :(

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Quinquereme posted:

I think you're a nice person and I'm sorry we're on different sides - I still think you are either the fireball or the mauler so I'm not going to unvote.

Actually, if you had no idea what your secret powers are as you claimed, couldn't you be the fireballer or mauler without knowing it?

Technically I could be the mauler. Unless I fireballed myself. The crux is that I could be secret killer, unknown by myself. I think the zzyzx kill was too deterministic to be at random or some other mechanic. It feels like a town vig, seeing as we figured one of zzyzx or wins had to be scum due to cop sanities. I would have, and certainly anyone else, taken Clarent-aligned to be pro-town at the time. Meaning that zzyzx would be scum. It feels like a targeted kill, not some secret random killing. It's really only zzyzx's flip and an extension of the dethy that makes me say Clarent is scum. hence all of what's happened today in thread.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm work posting. Don't tell anyone.

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Ignore this completely. I am a ninja.

I'm really curious :(

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

I just opened my item, and apparently this thing is a 1-shot BP.

WWM I don't think that was a good idea, if you are town you could have kept quiet and possibly tanked a scum kill, fireball or mauling but now that's not going to happen :(

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem
Ok way past my lunch time now, need to get back to work sorry guys!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

WWM is scum, by the way. I'll keep "Clarent is a cult" in my back pocket for post-game to either eat crow or be all "i told you so".

##vote WHICH WAY MADNESS

I don't buy his "slow phone" hammer. It was to cut the day short no doubt. The item + BP is a bluff to avoid being killed. There isn't enough spare players floating around for there to be someone giving out items.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Quinquereme posted:

Are we all Aussies lunchtime posting? :hfive:

I miss living in Tasmania :(

Yes.

My sister lives in Tasmania. I went there once and ate lots of food. It was good.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

WWM is scum and making up their results; so FV probably got Jailed so Spoonsy got "blocked" because they couldn't complete their action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

How am I supposed to drink my beverage when I don't have a straw? You've grasped them all.

• Locked thread