Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Goo Roy scum team.

Someone should probably do something about it. *shrugs*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

OmegaGoo posted:

The other thing I'd like to clarify is that lynching people who are talking a lot on D1 doesn't sit well with me. Once again, regardless of alignment, a person who talks more is a hell of a lot more useful in long run than someone who doesn't talk at all. That is the main reason King should not be lynched (I also think he's town, but that's a different point).

And for the love of all that is good and moneymaking, Keane, explain that vote!

Also, my bet on Roy is the main bit in our interaction here, I could ask the same questions of Narc and QPQ. Did it look like they were actively trying to win?

Someone's awfully concerned about a vote on them.

Feeling feelings is scummy IMO.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!

CCKeane posted:

Someone's awfully concerned about a vote on them.

Feeling feelings is scummy IMO.

I'm awfully concerned about a vote on me because of my Hated status, rather than any other reason.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

OmegaGoo posted:

I'm awfully concerned about a vote on me because of my Hated status, rather than any other reason.

Nope, I don't think that is the case.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Birdstrike posted:

I don't think you get to question anyone's intent to win after you sat in the corner after picking up an item key.

right?
you picked up a key and pretty much walked off. at least i explained why i did what i did.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

OmegaGoo posted:

Segur does not hate you because he knows bad bets happens.

I do not think either vote is particular worth it. Keane seems to be just playing into his flavor which is always going to draw ire. Goo seems to be on the up and up.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pinterest Mom posted:

Because you're obstinately refusing to engage with the game.

But somehow you make one post that's not an obvious shitpost and ANarc decides you're in the clear?

I'll be very intimate with you and answer any possible questions you have of me. I'm actively engaging you

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Roydrowsy posted:

right?
you picked up a key and pretty much walked off. at least i explained why i did what i did.

My comment wasn't directed at you it was directed at QPQ because I was salty he took my key.

I don't feel analysing the effort in the challenge is conducive to scum hunting, I will look more at some of the slap fights we have had so far.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Birdstrike posted:

My comment wasn't directed at you it was directed at QPQ because I was salty he took my key.

I don't feel analysing the effort in the challenge is conducive to scum hunting, I will look more at some of the slap fights we have had so far.

no... i know... those comments are for QPQ as well.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Sorry, I haven't posted much yet.

I am a fairly low post count player combined with being away from my computer all day.

In the Murmur Twin-King Burgundy spat I side mostly with Murmur.
I feel KB's posts don't follow from what he quotes Murmur.

He claims Murmur's reasonings have been inconsistent, but I don't think that's true.
Murmur's suspicion of King Burgundy began from an agreement of a bad argument and that opinion hasn't changed.

Either KB has been misreading Murmur consistently or he is intentionally misinterpreting Murmur to try and shake suspicion.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Next time bet on the right person.

As the champion, I take exception to Roys attitude towards the challenge. You shouldnt enter a challenge for items or glory. You enter because the challenge is there and the challenge needs to be won!

Playing for a consolation prize does not please Segur!

I would like to apologize for this post! Although I do not fight for items or glory, I need to recognize that others do. Roy was right to go get the key and win his prize at that time. I thought he was QPQ who seemed to have gone missing after getting a key in the middle of the challenge.

I believe you were in part of that early melee with imgay, ecco and anarc. Segur is pleased with your actions in the challenge and feels you fought well!

Segur is pleased with all the combatants from the challenge!

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Yuming asked if anyone felt Ecco was scummy, but I don't know why.

Rereading Ecco I didn't notice anything that jumped out at me, so I don't know if it's a meta-read or just gut feelings or what.
I don't like that Yuming hasn't posted since (not that I can really talk there).

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

garthoneeye posted:

Sorry, I haven't posted much yet.

I am a fairly low post count player combined with being away from my computer all day.

In the Murmur Twin-King Burgundy spat I side mostly with Murmur.
I feel KB's posts don't follow from what he quotes Murmur.

He claims Murmur's reasonings have been inconsistent, but I don't think that's true.
Murmur's suspicion of King Burgundy began from an agreement of a bad argument and that opinion hasn't changed.

Either KB has been misreading Murmur consistently or he is intentionally misinterpreting Murmur to try and shake suspicion.

Which do you think it is?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

King Burgundy posted:

Which do you think it is?

I'm not sure yet. My first guess is misinterpretation. I don't get a scum vibe from you.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Sorry, i meant misreading.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I don't like QPQ's vote on Roy.
Roy's posts read very stream of consciousness to me and I think QPQ is reading the posts as if they are structured arguments.

I also feel that some of QPQ's posts feel like what he accused Roy of: posting for the sake of posting without having anything to say.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Murmur set up a case on Keane (who I'll get to soon) that she admitted selectively editing for the purpose of having people misread it and then used people misreading it, like she intended, as a basis for scum reads.

That whole line of arguments was just poor.

Also yuming, I reread Ecco and my take is she threw out a bunch of unsupported votes and was mainly joke posting. I understand that people can see that as scummy but not me I am from the wrong hemisphere. She voted opop because he joke posted I think, the whole thing doesn't make sense to me.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
It bothers me that with so much ink spilled on CCKeane so far about hiding through flavour posting, the Bartleby act and the possibility that he is invested in the game nobody has really noticed this:

CCKeane posted:

##vote: Goo

All those arguments about feelings and whatnot were pretty but voting a Hated player for no reason is the scummiest act I have seen today. ##vote CCKeane

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I agree with PMom that Opop seems to have a weird fixation on his posts.

I got the impression that PMom was throwing out gut reads from the immediate conversation and Opop reacted as if they were arguments that needed clarification.

PMom's posts only don't make sense if you read them without the context of the previous posts.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

It bothers me that with so much ink spilled on CCKeane so far about hiding through flavour posting, the Bartleby act and the possibility that he is invested in the game nobody has really noticed this:

All those arguments about feelings and whatnot were pretty but voting a Hated player for no reason is the scummiest act I have seen today. ##vote CCKeane

Why shouldn't I vote a player I think is scummy?

Vote me all you want, no skin off my nose.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Goo is hated which means what about their alignment?

Please tell me, Birdstrike, maybe it will pique my interest.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

CCKeane posted:

Goo is hated which means what about their alignment?

Please tell me, Birdstrike, maybe it will pique my interest.

I'm pretty sure that Birdstrike's point is that votes on hated players make it easier for scum to get a mislynch.
It looks like a particularly bad vote when you don't give a good argument for it.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

Why shouldn't I vote a player I think is scummy?

Vote me all you want, no skin off my nose.

You should vote and if you have a good reason that you share with town they can support you an hopefully vote out a scum.

Without saying anything though it looks like an opportunistic vote on a player that's -1 to lynch.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Come on, birdstrike.

We're all friends here.

Tell me why Goo is town.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

OmegaGoo posted:

Trying to keep 16 different people's posts straight has been rather difficult.

Opop is seeming scummy to me for the same reason as in WIFOA... which means he could be town. I know for a fact my scumdar needs work, so as of right now that's a null-leaning-town there.

MMT is doing that thing that promotes discussion. Regardless of alignment, that's a pro-town thing. Null-leaning-town there.

I want my question to Roy answered. Nothing yet there.

KingB is town.

Considering my track record on betting, this might not be saying much, but I'll bet that one of Pmom or Keane is scum. Nothing solid there yet, so no vote from me yet.

TMM, aside from the glory, why did you want to win the challenge?

This is a post that a scum would make. Nothing meaningful is said and everything is qualified heavily. The strongest statement is a declaration that KingB is town, which they immediately walked back when questioned.

OmegaGoo posted:

Can anyone be 100% sure?

My reasons are that his case against MMT is pretty good and founded in sane logic. To be fair, a followup look will be required. The main point is that King makes no sense as a D1 lynch.

Goo is also very defensive when I voted him:

OmegaGoo posted:

The other thing I'd like to clarify is that lynching people who are talking a lot on D1 doesn't sit well with me. Once again, regardless of alignment, a person who talks more is a hell of a lot more useful in long run than someone who doesn't talk at all. That is the main reason King should not be lynched (I also think he's town, but that's a different point).

And for the love of all that is good and moneymaking, Keane, explain that vote!

Also, my bet on Roy is the main bit in our interaction here, I could ask the same questions of Narc and QPQ. Did it look like they were actively trying to win?

This is not a response that I would expect from a town player, particularly as I am currently the only vote on him. Yes, Goo is hated, but being -1 to being voted off is near meaningless day one.

OmegaGoo posted:

... Seriously? I'm not for OMGUSing, but you are seriously scummy man.

##vote Keane

They say that it isn't an OMGUS, but it clearly is. I would counter accusations that I voted without reason by pointing out that I voted Goo for the exact same reason that they claim to be voting me: that they think I am scummy.

In conclusion, I don't really care too much, vote me off, whatever.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

ANarc"s posting is weird.
She attacks Imgay for shitposting which is Imgay's MO, but then seems to let him off the hook for his first semi-game related post.

When called out on it, she then tries to act as if she wasn't implying that Imgay had started to contribute.

I don't know how to feel about her post about Murmur.
She defends a terrible case and then tries to act as if the resulting posting about said case somehow validates her defence.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

garthoneeye posted:

ANarc"s posting is weird.
She attacks Imgay for shitposting which is Imgay's MO, but then seems to let him off the hook for his first semi-game related post.

When called out on it, she then tries to act as if she wasn't implying that Imgay had started to contribute.

I don't know how to feel about her post about Murmur.
She defends a terrible case and then tries to act as if the resulting posting about said case somehow validates her defence.

Murmur is fine.

Narco isn't.

My ennui is okay I guess.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

CCKeane posted:

This is a post that a scum would make. Nothing meaningful is said and everything is qualified heavily. The strongest statement is a declaration that KingB is town, which they immediately walked back when questioned.

This makes sense to me. I no longer have a problem with your vote. I'm still not sure if Goo is scum, but i buy your reasoning.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

Come on, birdstrike.

We're all friends here.

Tell me why Goo is town.

I won't because I'm not convinced that he is.

garthoneeye posted:

This makes sense to me. I no longer have a problem with your vote. I'm still not sure if Goo is scum, but i buy your reasoning.

Pretty much this ##unvote

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

I won't because I'm not convinced that he is.

Pretty much this ##unvote

So you're not convinced that he is, but you seem pretty defensive of somebody voting him.

Baring in mind that, with my vote and his hated status, it would have taken 7 more votes to off him, why the concern? I just can't fathom caring about such a thing.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

So you're not convinced that he is, but you seem pretty defensive of somebody voting him.

Baring in mind that, with my vote and his hated status, it would have taken 7 more votes to off him, why the concern? I just can't fathom caring about such a thing.

My concern wasn't so much about OmegaGoo as about you, and my read has gone from "potential opportunistic scum voter" to "having a case more solid than the Murmur/KB/AnonNarc circus."

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Someone cares about you Keane even if you don't care about yourself. :monar:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
birdstrike I'm finding it hard to break into this game, but I am getting the Towniest Town read from you, so I am going to blindly trust you all game.

who should I vote for???

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EccoRaven posted:

birdstrike I'm finding it hard to break into this game, but I am getting the Towniest Town read from you, so I am going to blindly trust you all game.

who should I vote for???

Hey Ecco I am now freaked out and I feel I am doing something wrong.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

Hey Ecco I am now freaked out and I feel I am doing something wrong.

Well you quoted an ecco post, so now they get to eat your eyes, sorry about that.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

Well you quoted an ecco post, so now they get to eat your eyes, sorry about that.

drat I was just starting to love them.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!

CCKeane posted:

In conclusion, I don't really care too much, vote me off, whatever.

So it takes someone other than me asking you to justify your vote to justify your vote? That's obnoxious and doesn't help anyone but yourself.

It irritates me that in one post you've basically tripled the content you've contributed.

As for the OMGUS, it sure as hell isn't one. You voted me without cause, refused to interact with anyone, then, when I asked you to explain yourself, proceeded to ignore me until asked by Birdstrike. You are scummy as gently caress.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

Never love anything, that's my motto.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Birdstrike posted:

if you disagree say so.

well, I guess the eyes have it

birdstrike I think we should vote for... I like keane's case on goo. Do you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Never love anything, that's my motto.

Can I love the thrill of battle?

• Locked thread