Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

But

We ARE legit and delivering goods! We don't have to act!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs7TxUI8A64

1. Obviously we trim the pixie hide cloak with elf skin, creating a wearable tapestry of genocide.

2. We take the WAR CARAVAN right to the front gate, music blaring and blood bag leading the way, and deliver the goods as promised like what we're doing is PERFECTLY NORMAL.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

1. Obviously we trim the pixie hide cloak with elf skin, creating a wearable tapestry of genocide.

2. We take the WAR CARAVAN right to the front gate, music blaring and blood bag leading the way, and deliver the goods as promised like what we're doing is PERFECTLY NORMAL.

Changing vote to this

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

1. Combine the swords
2. Equip our fancy clothes/armor
3. Walk on into Bilgeton like the cock of the walk.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This and combine the swords

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Solice Kirsk posted:

1. Combine the swords
2. Equip our fancy clothes

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

:drac:

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
This is a beautiful book.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Solice Kirsk posted:

1. Combine the swords
2. Equip our fancy clothes/armor

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Welp. Not going to buck this trend.

Make sure and paint your face so that the carriers of the dead know you're For Real, and Shiny.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
If anyone questions us we can start ranting about cultural relativity.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Plus combine swords.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Runaktla posted:

This is a beautiful book.

I just wish it was in better condition.

Ok, we're going to loot elfskin (the only part of the elf worth anything IMO) and combine it with the pixie cloak to create a filthy genocidal tapestry. We're going to combine the swords. Then we're going to roll on Bilgeton with our skeleton band like it's no big thing.

Gimme a little while and I'll scan in the pages.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gilganixon posted:

I just wish it was in better condition.

Ok, we're going to loot elfskin (the only part of the elf worth anything IMO) and combine it with the pixie cloak to create a filthy genocidal tapestry. We're going to combine the swords. Then we're going to roll on Bilgeton with our skeleton band like it's no big thing.

Gimme a little while and I'll scan in the pages.

If it's any consolation, I've found that the book has a very short half-life for being in good condition, after which something terrible happens to the owner and then the book is in bad shape.

How's you finger healing up?

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

i love this, but i think our elf skin trimming should include an elf skull cowl

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Epic High Five posted:

If it's any consolation, I've found that the book has a very short half-life for being in good condition, after which something terrible happens to the owner and then the book is in bad shape.

How's you finger healing up?

It's not healing at all, but thanks for asking. I think the glue used to bind these books also stops blood clots from forming or something. I just have to keep it bound up, but I'm doing everything left-handed nowdays.

Update

Combining our swords we (somehow) get the ultimate weapon:

And having picked up the elf skins we combine those with the pixie cloak to create:

Maybe that's no so impressive but it's a lot fancier and less likely to get us monstered if we actually do get into Bilgeton. It also allows us to slaughter defenceless creatures with far greater ease Since we mostly pick on defenceless things this is good news even if we now get an Elan penalty from potions.

Continuing from where we left off:

We go with 374 which is entirely in character. No matter how punishing this book can be, if you don't act like the Bastard Elf you get punished a lot worse. I think we made the right choice here. 374 :

And we're faced with another choice... and a damned broken scanner.

What now?

Adventure sheet:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

1. Explain that it obviously was your evil hairless twin that had caused all the mischief and that you're there to bring him to justice.
2. CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!!!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Tell the band to up the tempo and rush the gates

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yeah, I vote we make the case that we are, in fact, bringing the body of the actual culprit back for a reward.

Sorry all half-elves look the same to you Mr. Guardsman but that's clearly not me in the poster *strokes beard*

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
There is no way those posters were from after you achieved maximum manliness. In fact it's been made perfectly clear that nobody in their right mind would ever predict the results of your testicular consumption. Stride forth confidently and mock the guard for shooting at the body of the half-elf they seek to bring to justice, while pointing all the while at Blood Bag.

Between the Manly Hair and the Imposing Attire frankly this guard should be thanking us for even being in his presence.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jul 23, 2015

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Epic High Five posted:

Yeah, I vote we make the case that we are, in fact, bringing the body of the actual culprit back for a reward.

Sorry all half-elves look the same to you Mr. Guardsman but that's clearly not me in the poster *strokes beard*

This is the plan.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting
Alas poor half-brother...

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Epic High Five posted:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

There is no way those posters were from after you achieved maximum manliness. In fact it's been made perfectly clear that nobody in their right mind would ever predict the results of your testicular consumption. Stride forth confidently and mock the guard for shooting at the body of the half-elf they seek to bring to justice, while pointing all the while at Blood Bag.

Between the Manly Hair and the Imposing Attire frankly this guard should be thanking us for even being in his presence.

Exactly. And he should recognize or combined royal sword. I believe it bestows upon one the status of nobility if I recall correctly

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Where is our reward?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

+1 to informing these slackfucks that we're here to get paid.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

the_steve posted:

+1 to informing these slackfucks that we're here to get paid.

gently caress yeah

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

We did kill and bring a marauding half-elf to justice. I mean, geez, isn't that what these poeple want?

You all are being too diplomatic, though. Catapult plague ridden bodies over the gates and begin the siege. Every death liberates a skeleton for our army. You can't tell me that the necromancer hasn't planned for this possibility at least a LITTLE bit. She's a necromancer. Every necromancer has at least one "take over the city and show them the true meaning of fear" plan stashed away somewhere.

Besides, once the entire town is "terrified, helpless, disarmed, scared, or fleeing" we'll be able to mop up everyone inside it.The easy thing is to just make every single person in city one of those immediately.

Edit: also they fired on us first so we're just conducting this siege in self defense.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Whip out our dick while flipping off the bowmen.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Epic High Five posted:

Axolotl Atlatl
Mar 19, 2009

It's the truth, mang.
Just ask your pop.
Yes let's do that, because while we're picking up our reward from the mayor, we can casually mention that the prisoner said something about being a member of an elven terrorist organization run by some guy called Jeff.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Axolotl Atlatl posted:

Yes let's do that, because while we're picking up our reward from the mayor, we can casually mention that the prisoner said something about being a member of an elven terrorist organization run by some guy called Jeff.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Axolotl Atlatl posted:

*twirls mustache*

almost1337
Jun 14, 2013

The male likpatons turn around the nucleus formed of female boobons and neutral bolsterons

Axolotl Atlatl posted:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Axolotl Atlatl posted:

Jeff is the leader of ELFSIS

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Axolotl Atlatl posted:

Changing my answer from "charge the gate" to "bluff the everliving gently caress out of these chumps"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Anything framing Jeff more is fantastic. No matter what we do we have to do that.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

If I'm reading this right we're going to bullshit our way in, blaming Jeff where and whenever possible. We have the items that let us do this so it's probably a good idea to avoid fighting the army of the biggest city in this part of the world. I'll get the update scanned in as soon as I can get that evil scanner to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Update

We decided to bullshit our way past the guard, blaming everything on bloody Jeff. Here's yesterday's page, all scanned in:

We want 141:

And since we have two of those items (the shield and the armour - it's not necessary to have the armour equipped, just in the inventory), we can turn to353:

We lost the steed but I guess it's better than being shot with a crossbow or arrested. And we got paid at least for a job well done.

We've finally arrived at Bilgeton, the final stretch of this quest to find some place to crash.

Where should we begin our search?

Adventure sheet:

• Locked thread