Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

EccoRaven posted:

nah I'm not scum, sorry yuming. you should vote for opop instead since he is actually scum for the following reasons:

- pinging my gut
- jokes around rather than takes the game seriously
- this post is pretty bad just read it in context.

I read Opop's post and don't understand what's scummy about it - can you explain further?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Saying I'm scum for joking around is like saying I'm scum for using the letter E

The last time I said you were scum for joking around, I was correct. :colbert:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't want to dunk Goo today. His reads are self-conscious, but they don't read like scummy self-conscious.
I agree with this post.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm getting a scum vibe on yuming. If she was town I'd expect more of an effort to actually confirm/explain what it is about Ecco that she finds scummy; this seems more like an attempt to visibly have an opinion for the sake of not arousing suspicion.
Except I am going to and just posted before you made this comment that I was going to explain further.

~priorities~

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

yuming posted:

Except I am going to and just posted before you made this comment that I was going to explain further.

~priorities~

Fair enough - I was just reading over the thread and posting thoughts as they came, I'm sure my read will evolve as the game continues.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Murmur Twin posted:

I mean you can make that case, but I mean last game I played with you, you were dead-set on me being scum as town. So its not a real consistent thing to say.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Pinterest Mom posted:

Anarc is scum making town reads on players who are acting semi-shady. Let's kill her. Thank you and god bless.
I also find her scummy and would vote.

The initial flavor accusation post Anon made pinged me because it was non-specific, and then the clarification here--

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Uh...yes. That's exactly what I was saying. Off the top of my head, merk and keane were the ones I was thinking of. I also was suspish of imgay and cpig for the same reasons but looking back, they seem to have actually tried to contribute recently.
Why don't I like this?

Because it is a hella easy case to make and she doesn't even vote with it. It's content to look busy but with no teeth and that is scummy.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm not seeing Opop at all, frankly.

I'm sticking to my guns with Goo, but I would be okay with Anarc, Ecco, Garth or TMMadness.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Anon has 28 posts and hasn't voted.

Look it's easy-- ##vote Anon

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

I'm sticking to my guns with Goo, but I would be okay with Anarc, Ecco, Garth or TMMadness.

Segur is curious. Why me?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CCKeane posted:

What do you think of Ecco's vote along with your casing citing "I'm being Decisive" ?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Segur is curious. Why me?

Plus you realize you can't actually vote me right?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

yuming posted:

What do you think of Ecco's vote along with your casing citing "I'm being Decisive" ?

Ecco isn't providing any actual insight and is leaning on the cases and reads that other people are providing. It's not a good look.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Plus you realize you can't actually vote me right?

I don't care!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

EccoRaven posted:

I agree w/pmom about opop.

##vote opop

I would also and have vote(d) for Good re: the keane case.
It's fine to agree but this is really hollow.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

yuming posted:

I'm okay with this.

I won't be around too much at deadline (can't be bothered) so unless y'all are convinced I am right I will shift to Narco.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

imgay posted:

I mean you can make that case, but I mean last game I played with you, you were dead-set on me being scum as town. So its not a real consistent thing to say.

It was mostly tongue-in-cheek anyways; the last time I cased Opop for joking as scum I was 100% bussing him.

imgay posted:

I'll be very intimate with you and answer any possible questions you have of me. I'm actively engaging you

Has anyone in this game stuck out to you as potentially scummy thus far? Who and why?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Opopanax posted:

Yes. I omgused Ecco by saying they were scummy the day before they voted me. I'm a precog, it's how I'm so good at this.
I don't find Opop scummy (as a preface to my upcoming Ecco post because Ecco talks a lot about Opop woo~)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

I don't care!

Segur hopes that you will learn to care again by the time this tournament is over.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

King Burgundy posted:

Hi Yuming. You mentioned having nothing to talk about, but this is something you could totally talk about. Tell us the story of Ecco as scum. What are the things that make you think she is scum? Can you point out specific posts?

Also, there is a fair amount of other stuff floating around right now that could be commented on. Any opinions on any of that?

EccoRaven posted:

nah I'm not scum, sorry yuming. you should vote for opop instead since he is actually scum for the following reasons:

- pinging my gut
- jokes around rather than takes the game seriously
- this post is pretty bad just read it in context.
The top two reasons she gives are the same reasons I was initially suspicious of Ecco.

She voted Goo based on Keane's case, and now is back on Opop.

Overall the impression I have of her posting:
- Throwing her vote around. She's in the challenge and complains about how it was modded. // Ecco is around but not advancing scum hunting.
- The votes she has made are easy. Omega specifically looks like an easy scum target to me: add pressure to a hated player and they could end up the only option if not enough people are around at deadline.
- ~bad feelings~

Would also vote here, obviously.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

yuming posted:

I think it's scummier to vote when you're not sure that person is scum. Of course I want to lynch someone today, but why put down an early vote if I'm not 100% behind it? I'm allowed to talk and make cases without voting. This is a weird post for you to make.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Omega comes across as townie to me. At least, I have no reason to think they are scum so~

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think it's scummier to vote when you're not sure that person is scum. Of course I want to lynch someone today, but why put down an early vote if I'm not 100% behind it? I'm allowed to talk and make cases without voting. This is a weird post for you to make.

:holymoley:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Except you didn't do that all you did was say "mmm flavor posters are weird" without even picking one until someone asked you. What you did was safe.

It's good to make cases early.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Pinterest Mom posted:

This is the first time you comment on opop, do you think his vote on Ecco is scummy?

No I just thought it was strangely timed. I think people tend to automatically OMGUS regardless of alignment. I actually agree with opop and think ecco has been p scummy.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

yuming posted:

Except you didn't do that all you did was say "mmm flavor posters are weird" without even picking one until someone asked you. What you did was safe.

It's good to make cases early.

:ironicat:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

No I just thought it was strangely timed. I think people tend to automatically OMGUS regardless of alignment. I actually agree with opop and think ecco has been p scummy.
Tell me more!

kk bbl thread~

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Murmur Twin posted:

Bet I used a lot of Es too

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
You have been actively posting. I made a vote on Ecco that was based on gut and asked others to look at her and have not been around much.

What did you hope to accomplish by posting this smiley? Please make an Actual Case instead.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Opopanax posted:

Bet I used a lot of Es too
Es are scummy lol

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

yuming posted:

- Throwing her vote around. She's in the challenge and complains about how it was modded. // Ecco is around but not advancing scum hunting.
I'm around a lot because I am bored but I'm finding it hard to break into the game. I'm also trying to not be the #1 Poster like I am in every other game since it inevitably draws negative attention to me regardless of alignment and I find it really tedious. I am throwing my vote around because I think it'll motivate me to feel more of a stake in the game.

quote:

- The votes she has made are easy. Omega specifically looks like an easy scum target to me: add pressure to a hated player and they could end up the only option if not enough people are around at deadline.
This is a silly suspicion yuming. All votes this early in the game are easy, and being worried nobody could show up at deadline on day 1 is absurd, that's when everyone is around for a deadline (barring the deadline being at like 6am EDT on a sunday or some other insane thing like that).

quote:

- ~bad feelings~
everyone has bad feelings about me regardless of how much I post, it is a trend I have noticed.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

yuming posted:

Es are scummy lol

I'll try to use more tildes

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Segur is amused by all these antics and has decided that D1 will forever be known as Waffle Day.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

So you agree with Opop's vote on Ecco, but you decided to call him out for OMGUS because

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm not voting Ecco, stop saying that.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh, sorry :shobon:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Pinterest Mom posted:

So you agree with Opop's vote on Ecco, but you decided to call him out for OMGUS because

I was just answering your question :sun:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

I'm around a lot because I am bored but I'm finding it hard to break into the game. I'm also trying to not be the #1 Poster like I am in every other game since it inevitably draws negative attention to me regardless of alignment and I find it really tedious. I am throwing my vote around because I think it'll motivate me to feel more of a stake in the game.

This is a silly suspicion yuming. All votes this early in the game are easy, and being worried nobody could show up at deadline on day 1 is absurd, that's when everyone is around for a deadline (barring the deadline being at like 6am EDT on a sunday or some other insane thing like that).

everyone has bad feelings about me regardless of how much I post, it is a trend I have noticed.

If you're bored town, wouldn't the solution be to engage others to help move the game forward and generate discussion? Your answer to yuming's case seems to basically be "I'm not taking decisive stances on anything because I want to avoid negative attention", which seems to be the definition of a scum game. ##vote Ecco

EccoRaven posted:

birdstrike I think we should vote for... I like keane's case on goo. Do you?

EccoRaven posted:

I agree w/pmom about opop.

##vote opop

Can you explain these cases in your own words?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Murmur Twin posted:

If you're bored town, wouldn't the solution be to engage others to help move the game forward and generate discussion?

I've been engaging others... I've been asking people's opinions and trying to break into the game. I have competing impulses though, I normally play in a very aggressive, always-posting-and-making-cases style, but it always draws a ton of negative attention to me because I am abrasive and rude, which results in me having to play on the defensive all game. I hate playing that way though, it's frustrating, and I have in the past tried to post a lot without being abrasive but I am incapable.

I'm not looking to coast, but I would like to not be the Leader this game. I want to just read the game at my own pace and not have to constantly defend myself. I guess that's a little scummy but so what? Lots of things are a little scummy, and it seems weird to think that I'm the scummiest in the game to multiple players right now.

quote:

Can you explain these cases in your own words?
Probably not well.

re: goo I mostly really liked Keane's point on this post. It was very hedging.

re: opop I've said my feelings on him before here. You asked about the post that I highlighted, it pings my gut as scummy because his post was dumb but designed to look like he was actually being sincere and scumhunting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

YOU WANNA KNOW SOMETHING MEAN GENE? WELL LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING BROTHER

LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT THE MANIA, MEAN GENE. WHEN I PRESSED TOP TIER TOM OVER MY HEAD IN A STADIUM WITH AT LEAST 50 PEOPLE WATCHING I KNEW I WOULD LIVE ON FOREVER IN THE MERKAMANIACS

I HAVE TO ASK YOU SOMETHING MEAN GENE? WHATS THIS YUMING SMOKING OVER HERE?

yuming posted:

Murmurs case is scummy still reading.

yuming posted:

Murmur just did the same thing as scum in the last game we played and that makes me suspicious.

WHERE IS HER VOTE BROTHER? THIS TYPE OF GARBAGE TIME THEATRICS LOOKS LIKE A HEEL TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO TURN OR A HEEL DISTANCING FROM A HEEL BROTHER
-----------------

yuming posted:

Ecco is also giving me ~vibes~

I'm gonna ##vote Ecco because of the feeling her posts give me.

yuming posted:

Does anyone else think Ecco is scummy? Take a look please.

WHAT DOES SHE WANT THE GAME TO LOOK AT BROTHER? SHE CANT FIND A WAY TO GET INTO THE GAME AND PIN HER OWN HEEL?

------------------

yuming posted:

I have a draft on Ecco but gtg now bbl~

yuming posted:

yuming posted:

The top two reasons she gives are the same reasons I was initially suspicious of Ecco.

She voted Goo based on Keane's case, and now is back on Opop.

Overall the impression I have of her posting:
- ~bad feelings~

Would also vote here, obviously.

YOU HAVE A DRAFT OF A CASE ON ECCO BUT CANT MAKE IT BECAUSE OF TIME? COME ON BROTHER. THE CASE YOU END UP MAKING COULD HAVE BEEN DONE IN TWO MINUTES

THIS IS A HEEL TRYING TO GET THE FANS TO TURN ON A WRESTLER ONLY TO COME IN AND PILE ON IF THE PILING ON IS PILING ON-ABLE, BROTHER. MEAN GENE.

##vote yuming

• Locked thread