Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn't stay awake long enough but did it seem like anyone was colluding during the event? I bet row is scum. I felt he was very crude to me. Kept editing my chat in the event too. Also exact gave him punching priority whenever we fought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

imgay posted:

I didn't stay awake long enough but did it seem like anyone was colluding during the event?
I could see anon's about-face towards the water and its key (which was MINE BY RIGHT) being colluding with TMM once I snatched the raft from TMM, but I'm not getting scum vibes from TMM's posting and neutral ones from Anon so probably not.

I just wanted to win. if I had won I could have relaxed!

I suppose my ideal role would be stump.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

imgay posted:

I didn't stay awake long enough but did it seem like anyone was colluding during the event? I bet row is scum. I felt he was very crude to me. Kept editing my chat in the event too. Also exact gave him punching priority whenever we fought

I don't think there was any colluding really. I was going to make an honorable deal with Pig that would get us to the crown and then we'd duke it out fairly with a best two of three fight. But then I realized that the first person to grab the crown wins. We thought about doing it just for the key but instead I tried to jump the pit a second time because it would have been an amazing feat.

Ecco, Segur is enjoying your posting so far and hopes you keep it up.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
##vote imgay

I've established my precedent for this vote.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OmegaGoo posted:

##vote imgay

I've established my precedent for this vote.

Solid benign voting

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Home. Going to go back and respond to some things.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

QuoProQuid posted:

Her case was never intended to be serious, and if you thought it was a good case then you clearly never read it.

I agreed with her case since it was the same as mine. I read it. It jived with my own stated opinion. Why are people having such a hard time seeing that? <---This is my thought process when I first read this post, but I'm caught up on the thread now and I think I see the problem, I'll address it in my response to Murmur.

QuoProQuid posted:

Also, lurker votes are baaaaaaaad.

I disagree with this entirely. Too often on SA Mafia, our scum are lurkers, holding this opinion is why scum win so many games here. I'm not saying it should be the driving force in our scum hunting, but it should definitely be considered.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

Ignoring that last quote that I changed, you read:

and thought that constituted proof that Keane isn't actually apathetic?

I finally see the problem. I understand now why we are talking past each other.

No. At no time did I think that you had provided "proof" that Keane wasn't actually apathetic. That wasn't the meaning I took from your post, but upon rereading I can see the issue. Yes, if I had focused on that part of your case, I would indeed have thought it was pretty dumb. My thought process was:

King Burgundy posted:

##vote Keane

His apathy is a mask for evil.

I think Keane is using this apathy thing as a way to remain disengaged in this game for scum reasons.

Murmur Twin posted:

On the surface, Keane would have us think that he isn't invested in the outcome. That, of course, begs the question: why enter a tournament that he doesn't care about?

Wow Murmur, I can't believe someone actually agrees with me on this. I hadn't even thought about the Tournament part, that is even stronger.

---

I read the rest of the post, but obviously didn't give it the weight you were giving it, it was mostly filler for me. Whereas you seem to be saying the whole thrust of your post was the nonsensical "gotcha". That actually removes the conflict in what I thought you had written about voting me, since as it turns out, I certainly didn't read your case the way you meant it. My bad.

##unvote

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

garthoneeye posted:

I don't think you have to explain your vote to the person you're voting for if they press you.

I find this opinion really weird and I don't agree with it, fwiw.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

The case I like the best is still the one on ANarc, so I'm going to go ahead and ##vote Anarc

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
LISTEN BROTHERS

THE MERKAMANIA CANT BE IGNORED

TAKE THE MIC

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

I'm not seeing Opop at all, frankly.

I agree with this.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

King Burgundy posted:

I find this opinion really weird and I don't agree with it, fwiw.

I worded that really inelegantly.

I mostly meant that I don't see a refusal to engage with your vote target as inherently scummy.

CCKeane's ignoring Goo's request for a vote explanation didn't ping me as scummy, particularly when he did respond to other's questions.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

merk posted:

YOU WANNA KNOW SOMETHING MEAN GENE? WELL LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING BROTHER

LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT THE MANIA, MEAN GENE. WHEN I PRESSED TOP TIER TOM OVER MY HEAD IN A STADIUM WITH AT LEAST 50 PEOPLE WATCHING I KNEW I WOULD LIVE ON FOREVER IN THE MERKAMANIACS

I HAVE TO ASK YOU SOMETHING MEAN GENE? WHATS THIS YUMING SMOKING OVER HERE?

WHERE IS HER VOTE BROTHER? THIS TYPE OF GARBAGE TIME THEATRICS LOOKS LIKE A HEEL TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO TURN OR A HEEL DISTANCING FROM A HEEL BROTHER
-----------------

WHAT DOES SHE WANT THE GAME TO LOOK AT BROTHER? SHE CANT FIND A WAY TO GET INTO THE GAME AND PIN HER OWN HEEL?

------------------

YOU HAVE A DRAFT OF A CASE ON ECCO BUT CANT MAKE IT BECAUSE OF TIME? COME ON BROTHER. THE CASE YOU END UP MAKING COULD HAVE BEEN DONE IN TWO MINUTES

THIS IS A HEEL TRYING TO GET THE FANS TO TURN ON A WRESTLER ONLY TO COME IN AND PILE ON IF THE PILING ON IS PILING ON-ABLE, BROTHER. MEAN GENE.

##vote yuming

This is the case of the game. Slam Dunk.

##vote Yuming

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

This is the case of the game. Slam Dunk.

##vote Yuming

I agree

##vote yuming

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CapitalistPig posted:

I agree

##vote yuming

More scummy than Ecco?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

code:
 (•_•)
<)   ) ANarc
 /    \

\(•_•)
 (   (> is
 /    \

(•_•)
<)   )>  scum
 /    \

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Birdstrike posted:

More scummy than Ecco?

yes

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Segur agrees with the loud, large blonde man. He thinks that loud man seems to be a mighty warrior with a worthy case.

I agree with Segur.

##vote yuming

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Kill me I'm in a bad mood and I don't care.

Anarc is scum, she didn't make a case, look at her posting.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Like this is legit one of the best d1 reads I've had lately. I was hoping she would've posted more scummy stuff I could expand my case with but she hasn't so you should look at what she's done ok thanks.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

and now that you've chided me for not understanding your positions, would you please tell me your positions

because my previous post about not understanding your positions was intended to get you to explain those positions, not explain to me that you can explain those positions.

thx

what is it you wish for me to comment on?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Roydrowsy posted:

As stated earlier, Murmer's move doesn't sit very well with me. The move feels really contrived, and designed to serve as a trap to conveniently trap somebody for a silly reason. That being said, with everything else that is going on, I don't see the point in trying to pursue a Murmer lynch at this point.

I agree that Bird seems pretty town.

I like Garth and Madman, I get town vibes from them so far.

I've played with Goo before, and Goo's play seems currently consistent with how they have played town so far.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've never played with yuming before so in interest of making a lynch today ##vote AnonymousNarcotics

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

yuming posted:

Like this is legit one of the best d1 reads I've had lately. I was hoping she would've posted more scummy stuff I could expand my case with but she hasn't so you should look at what she's done ok thanks.

With you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote Narco

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Roydrowsy posted:

i have to read more before talking about Ecco and Yumming

but it bothers me that both made the statement about having a hard time "breaking into the game"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

imgay posted:

I've never played with yuming before so in interest of making a lynch today ##vote AnonymousNarcotics

CCKeane posted:

##vote Narco

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I find it strange that both yuming and CPig switched from Ecco to AnonNarc.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
wait that didn't happen

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

code:
 (•_•)
<)   ) ANarc
 /    \

\(•_•)
 (   (> is
 /    \

(•_•)
<)   )>  scum
 /    \

This is beautiful.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Birdstrike posted:

I find it strange that both yuming and CPig switched from Ecco to AnonNarc.

hosed up if true

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
yuming switched from Ecco to AnonNarc, CPig switched from Ecco to yuming.

I find the switches off Ecco strange.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pinterest Mom posted:

hosed up if true

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

AnonymousNarcotics (5): Pinterest Mom, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, yuming, garthoneeye, imgay, CCKeane
yuming (4): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, merk, King Burgundy, CapitalistPig, TMMadman
imgay (1): Birdstrike, Birdstrike, OmegaGoo
Roydrowsy (1): TMMadman, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, imgay, QuoProQuid, TMMadman, imgay
EccoRaven (1): Birdstrike, Birdstrike, CapitalistPig, yuming, yuming, Murmur Twin, CapitalistPig
Opopanax (1): merk, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, merk
Pinterest Mom (1): Opopanax
CapitalistPig (0): EccoRaven, EccoRaven
merk (0): EccoRaven, Opopanax, EccoRaven, Opopanax
King Burgundy (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Murmur Twin (0): Pinterest Mom, CapitalistPig, Pinterest Mom, CapitalistPig, King Burgundy, King Burgundy
OmegaGoo (0): Roydrowsy, CCKeane, Roydrowsy, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, CCKeane
CCKeane (0): King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, King Burgundy, OmegaGoo, Birdstrike, Birdstrike, OmegaGoo

Not Voting (3): AnonymousNarcotics, Birdstrike, Roydrowsy

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 24th, 2015 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 45 minutes.

The first challenge will begin TONIGHT at 10 PM EST

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

This is beautiful.

Segur is disturbed at how the eyes seem to move.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Birdstrike posted:

yuming switched from Ecco to AnonNarc, CPig switched from Ecco to yuming.

I find the switches off Ecco strange.

they switched off someone who wasn't getting dunked (ecco) to the two viable dunk candidates as deadline approached, why is that weird.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Pinterest Mom posted:

they switched off someone who wasn't getting dunked (ecco) to the two viable dunk candidates as deadline approached, why is that weird.

yuming in the space of three hours went from having "a draft on Ecco" to all aboard AnonNarc, and not that close to deadline.

CPig's vote seems opportunistic, I think there are scum on both wagons and my guess is that he is the scum on yuming.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

yuming in the space of three hours went from having "a draft on Ecco" to all aboard AnonNarc, and not that close to deadline.

CPig's vote seems opportunistic, I think there are scum on both wagons and my guess is that he is the scum on yuming.

I think you could be right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Birdstrike posted:

there is a lot about CPig's posting that doesn't feel right to me.
they have cast 4 votes in the game so far, and none of them comes with an real justification or reasoning, it is often in agreement or confirmation of things other people say. It's not like they're really playing the game, but they're still around and doing stuff.

• Locked thread