Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

I was reading the Killdozer thread back in Gee Bee eSs when it dawned on me....we need a Killdozer in GTA. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZbG9i1oGPA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taters
Jun 13, 2005

http://imgur.com/OFtaLXL
cruisin

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

So I had a benevolent hacker encounter and now I've got 2mil to blow (would have more but I got shot in the cash dogpile and spawned too far out to get much more) and just got a third garage to fill. I've got these:
Rhapsody
Akuma
Sultan
Fugitive
Dominator
Sabre
Elegy
Jester
Mesa
Zion
Dukes
Sadler
Monroe
Entity
Buzzard
Anybody seeing a large hole in there I can fill? I'm more than happy with my Entity still so I don't think another supercar is a wise investment (unless those two new ones are a lot faster) but I'm kinda weak in the offroad department I think, and I'm sure there are a couple other good cars I'm missing.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The new Brawler is fun times.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Tommychu posted:

So I had a benevolent hacker encounter and now I've got 2mil to blow (would have more but I got shot in the cash dogpile and spawned too far out to get much more) and just got a third garage to fill. I've got these:
Rhapsody
Akuma
Sultan
Fugitive
Dominator
Sabre
Elegy
Jester
Mesa
Zion
Dukes
Sadler
Monroe
Entity
Buzzard
Anybody seeing a large hole in there I can fill? I'm more than happy with my Entity still so I don't think another supercar is a wise investment (unless those two new ones are a lot faster) but I'm kinda weak in the offroad department I think, and I'm sure there are a couple other good cars I'm missing.

stirling GT

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Yeah, sell off the Monroe and replace it with the Stirling.

Happy with your Entity or not, the T20 is the jiggling tits. At least find someone who has an upgraded one and try it out. I got something like $1.25 million when I sold my Osiris which took some of the sting out of the price tag.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

titties posted:

the T20 is the jiggling tits.

1. Ha
2. I've only heard this saying in Biloxi.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
I made a gimmick post for Dryerlint's thing, but people might not get the joke if they haven't seen my car, which is hardly visible in the exterior screenshot.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Tommychu posted:

Rhapsody
Akuma
Sultan
Fugitive
Dominator
Sabre
Elegy
Jester
Mesa
Zion
Dukes
Sadler
Monroe
Entity
Buzzard

Everybody needs a custom Sanchez. Also an Insurgent.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
Can anyone please tell me if the cars in the extended OP (best race cars) are still accurate with all the releases? If not, where can I find this list, thank you.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

itsjustdrew posted:

Can anyone please tell me if the cars in the extended OP (best race cars) are still accurate with all the releases? If not, where can I find this list, thank you.

Nope, no longer accurate.

changes (off the top of my head)

best sports classic is now the Stirling GT
best super is now T20 or the Osiris
best compact is the rhapsody, though the blista compact is still very competitive IMO. The weeny issi is straight up inferior to the rhapsody.
best racing bikes now includes the Hakuchou, which will annihilate both the Akuma and the Bati801RR on tracks with long straights, but is not competitive at all on tighter tracks, as it turns very poorly.

sigseven
May 8, 2003

That was heavy.

itsjustdrew posted:

This list seems pretty accurate to me: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1nQND3ikiLzS3Ij9kuV-rVkRtoYetb79c52JWyafb4m4/htmlview?sle=true

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

This has only been tested on one track though, so it's not the be-all and end-all. The track it was tested on is small and full of tight corners, so quite a few cars end up getting unfair scores.
If you follow this spreadsheet, you will not do well on tophat's grand tour track, as it's the polar opposite of the track used to get these results.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

Yep.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

you're a legend. Much love.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

All the Vehicles from the Humane Labs Raid are now half price.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

Corzaa posted:

All the Vehicles from the Humane Labs Raid are now half price.

Hydra for 1.5m? Merry christmas to my alt.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Get the Coquette Blackfin and get rid of the top. Its a beautiful car.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
My plan is to buy the best car in every class and fully upgrade it. So far I've stolen a dominator, fully upgrades (minus armour) bought and upgraded a Bati RR and also the Elegy. Now I just need to make enough money to buy a supercar :(

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

itsjustdrew posted:

My plan is to buy the best car in every class and fully upgrade it. So far I've stolen a dominator, fully upgrades (minus armour) bought and upgraded a Bati RR and also the Elegy. Now I just need to make enough money to buy a supercar :(

Don't worry! The 2 best supercars are only 2... million.. dollars... :v:

Though the Zentorno performs a tiny percentage worse than those 2 and is only like 800K so, there's that. If you don't mind the Zentorno being an ugly piece of poo poo.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

AirRaid posted:

Don't worry! The 2 best supercars are only 2... million.. dollars... :v:

Though the Zentorno performs a tiny percentage worse than those 2 and is only like 800K so, there's that. If you don't mind the Zentorno being an ugly piece of poo poo.

I've seen a few nice Zentornos, but I think it was a wing I liked. I'll just race to 2 million, then I'll need to race another few hundred to upgrade it :(

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

itsjustdrew posted:

I've seen a few nice Zentornos, but I think it was a wing I liked. I'll just race to 2 million, then I'll need to race another few hundred to upgrade it :(

It's ~$165,000 to performance upgrade a Super. Plus whatever cosmetics you want.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

Jesus H loving CHRIST.

FLY ABOVE THE ENEMY CHOPPERS, GUNNER HAS LIMITED MOBILITY AND CAN'T LOOK UP. IT DOESN'T HELP WHEN YOU DO A 360 DEGREE TURN TO FACE THE CHOPPER EITHER, JUST TURN TO THE LEFT A LITTLE, MORON.
ALSO DON'T TRY AND OUTRUN THEM, DUMB IDIOT BITCH.

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.

Cute as heck posted:

Jesus H loving CHRIST.

FLY ABOVE THE ENEMY CHOPPERS, GUNNER HAS LIMITED MOBILITY AND CAN'T LOOK UP. IT DOESN'T HELP WHEN YOU DO A 360 DEGREE TURN TO FACE THE CHOPPER EITHER, JUST TURN TO THE LEFT A LITTLE, MORON.

This a million times.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Splode posted:

Nope, no longer accurate.

changes (off the top of my head)

best sports classic is now the Stirling GT
best super is now T20 or the Osiris
best compact is the rhapsody, though the blista compact is still very competitive IMO. The weeny issi is straight up inferior to the rhapsody.
best racing bikes now includes the Hakuchou, which will annihilate both the Akuma and the Bati801RR on tracks with long straights, but is not competitive at all on tighter tracks, as it turns very poorly.

Yeah I need to update it. Might get to it this weekend.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Is heist completion order tracking just totally broken or what the gently caress? I want the bonus, but now Prison Break setups are giving me warnings all of a sudden.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Yeah, I think something is wrong. It broke for me straight after Fleeca as well.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Cute as heck posted:

Jesus H loving CHRIST.

I had a good do this and it made me sad.

I was waiting by the chopper with my anti-air rockets ready. I figured he would just get in the chopper to start the enemy helicopter spawn, touch back down, and wait for them to come to us. Instead he began monotonously telling us to get in, as though he was so weary of this level of ineptitude and was done with our poo poo forever.

When we finally got in he never put us into a firing position and spent a good few minutes trying to outrun them. I don't ragequit on heists but I did that time.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

titties posted:

I had a good do this and it made me sad.

I was waiting by the chopper with my anti-air rockets ready. I figured he would just get in the chopper to start the enemy helicopter spawn, touch back down, and wait for them to come to us. Instead he began monotonously telling us to get in, as though he was so weary of this level of ineptitude and was done with our poo poo forever.

When we finally got in he never put us into a firing position and spent a good few minutes trying to outrun them. I don't ragequit on heists but I did that time.

I had a guy get in by himself, and fly away. He tried to outrun the helos, realized he was a dumb idiot bitch, flew back towards us, and crashed.

I'm so loving done.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Trying to find people so I can actually complete Prison Break and move on to the other heists is a real pain.

Hopefully I can coerce some of the PC goons to give me a hand later on today.

edit: Joined a Humane Raid finale a little while ago before giving up for the morning because we breezed right through it and I was almost done with the underwater tunnel when the pilot quits. Heist failed. :argh:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Can you seriously not quit when Quick Job dumps you in your own heist? I had to kill the game from task manager.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

There are a few places where you're not allowed to quit that are kind of mind boggling.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

I was reading the Killdozer thread back in Gee Bee eSs when it dawned on me....we need a Killdozer in GTA.

The first time I found a Dozer, I got in it and drove it (very slowly, for a very long distance) to a Pay & Spray, hoping I could armor it up and have my own Killdozer.

I almost cried when the game told me no.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Hexenritter posted:

Trying to find people so I can actually complete Prison Break and move on to the other heists is a real pain.

edit: Joined a Humane Raid finale a little while ago before giving up for the morning because we breezed right through it and I was almost done with the underwater tunnel when the pilot quits. Heist failed. :argh:

What's ur social club on PC
I'll prolly be on around 6 CST and will be down to help w/prison break

PC social club c0upedeville

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

FuturePastNow posted:

The first time I found a Dozer, I got in it and drove it (very slowly, for a very long distance) to a Pay & Spray, hoping I could armor it up and have my own Killdozer.

I almost cried when the game told me no.

I'm also sad we can't customize Pegasus vehicles. They're a lot of gimmicks anyway, let me fiddle with them! I would like more customization in general. I'd kill for a decal system where I could free-form slap stickers on my cars.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Hexenritter posted:

If I can't hook up with my friends this evening I'm most definitely down to help you and anyone out with heists. You also want coupe to help out, he's a stand-up guy.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Zigmidge posted:

You also want coupe to help out, he's a stand-up guy.

source your quotes
:classiclol:

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Splode posted:

This has only been tested on one track though, so it's not the be-all and end-all. The track it was tested on is small and full of tight corners, so quite a few cars end up getting unfair scores.
If you follow this spreadsheet, you will not do well on tophat's grand tour track, as it's the polar opposite of the track used to get these results.

He should change his testing: do lap times for vehicles in a race with lots of tight turns, and then lap times on a long point-to-point track with minimal-to-no turns, where it's possible to reach and maintain top speed for more than two seconds. Then have separate ranks for both lap times. By the way, is his scoring done by average or best lap time?

But this isn't Need for Speed, so just buy whatever vehicle you think is fast enough and looks pretty.

mutata posted:

I'm also sad we can't customize Pegasus vehicles. They're a lot of gimmicks anyway, let me fiddle with them!

I think a solution to that would be to create a warehouse interior, perhaps for the Port of Los Santos building next to the Merryweather dock, that contains all of your Pegasus vehicles, with terminals to change paint schemes or add performance boosts, among other things.

Or they could create a Pegasus Account website (on the phone) that lets you order in customizations there. Not on the iFruit app though - I've been waiting 5 days now for a custom plate order to process.

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jul 24, 2015

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

UserErr0r posted:

I think a solution to that would be to create a warehouse interior, perhaps for the Port of Los Santos building next to the Merryweather dock, that contains all of your Pegasus vehicles, with terminals to change paint schemes or add performance boosts, among other things.

They need to make a mod shop for flyers and boats. There's be a lot less to code than a big enough building to hold all my planes. Even if there was only one, it would be totally worth flying to an airstrip I normally don't use to visit the mod shop.

Finally I'd have an excuse to land instead of parachuting too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

coupedeville posted:

source your quotes
:classiclol:

I loving love you. Want to grind some missions/Humane Labs tonight homey? Source'd.

• Locked thread