Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Where did WWM claim Bulletproof?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

I just opened my item, and apparently this thing is a 1-shot BP.

Here it is. I guess I don't understand why you claimed what this was.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
whatever. ##vote amoeba

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Oh merk, just hammering it on harder. Still no executions till they come back with rope is just under 6 hours.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Merk I get that you aren't engaged right now, what with being busy and your role being pointless to you personally.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm going home. I aim to do some deathbed monologues before the embargo on executions ends.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

chaoslord posted:

I agree with f_v. It was such a lazy vote. "Wins saw something. Also I won't be around. Just gonna vote the voteleader." ...really? It's adding a vote without taking any responsibility for it. If Amoeba flips town? "Oh, well, hey, I thought wins had a result! Whoopsy!" They never mention Amoeba's alignment or any thoughts about them as a player. It's a complete vote of opportunity that has no downside for them because no matter the way it ends up they have an out. Which, of course, fits all their votes. Spoonsy has just been going with the tide the whole game.

More people should pay attention to this.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

chaoslord posted:

So gamer denied being it but my thought was that it made more sense for gamer to be the wolfman. Consider their twins flip:

Their twin was a gamekeeper that had been described as ancient. That word caught my eye because that's a word generally associated with more mythical things. It just made a lot of sense to me flavorfully, like the one twin became a gamekeeper to help control his brother (which is why his brother ends up town aligned). Gives town a nightkill, scum had their dayvig + normal nightkill, and then theres a 3p fireball guy out there.

Again, though, gamer said it wasn't him, so

You weren't seriously going to go with this were you?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Amoeba102 posted:

I dare to question the intentions of Clarent and suddenly I'm up on the block waiting for a rope. How fitting.
What is it they say? "If you want to know who is oppressing you, look at those who you are not allowed to criticise".

Well that sounds pretty revolutionary. To argue flavor maybe you're trying to overthrow the Lady in a whole other way?

Amoeba102 posted:

WWM is scum, by the way. I'll keep "Clarent is a cult" in my back pocket for post-game to either eat crow or be all "i told you so".

##vote WHICH WAY MADNESS

I don't buy his "slow phone" hammer. It was to cut the day short no doubt. The item + BP is a bluff to avoid being killed. There isn't enough spare players floating around for there to be someone giving out items.

When it comes to real life stuff I tend to give people leeway. However, the claimed BP and previous actions are weird. Is WWM part of the cop group?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Merk that's pretty weak. Amoeba is a pretty obvious vote that said you could look into other players. For actual scum I'm leaning Chaoslord and WWM.

Heck if Amoeba promises to kill one of those two with their next attack I don't see why we can't throw him a bone.

##vote Chaoslord

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

The game is on hold! You are welcome to post and vote, however any executions will not be processed until 12 hours from this post at the earliest.

I'm going to take this to mean that executions can still happen in this period. Now that I think it over. Just that they won't be processed. I'm pretty sure that means I am actually executed anyway and when Ecco wakes up the execution will resume. Will means I probably should shut up. Sorry.

Hal, I just want you to know I never lied about aspects of my role. I am not the Serial Killer. I was secret bullet-proof. I was secretly loved too. I was only informed when they triggered. Farewell and good luck.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I mean that in the next ~4 hours I will recount the votes and whoever has 6 or more is getting axed.

And by that I mean in 7 hours since I will be going to bed soon.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Amoeba102 posted:

I'm going to take this to mean that executions can still happen in this period. Now that I think it over. Just that they won't be processed. I'm pretty sure that means I am actually executed anyway and when Ecco wakes up the execution will resume. Will means I probably should shut up. Sorry.

Hal, I just want you to know I never lied about aspects of my role. I am not the Serial Killer. I was secret bullet-proof. I was secretly loved too. I was only informed when they triggered. Farewell and good luck.

Secretly loved meaning you need +1 more vote to be voted off, or do you mean in a general sense since you seem to be a genuinely fun person to play with?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

I mean that in the next ~4 hours I will recount the votes and whoever has 6 or more is getting axed.

And by that I mean in 7 hours since I will be going to bed soon.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Secretly loved meaning you need +1 more vote to be voted off, or do you mean in a general sense since you seem to be a genuinely fun person to play with?
Honestly confused now thanks to eccos clarification. I assumed the former, and thanks for the latter.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

To clarify, I got PM saying I had a small amount of time to survive. I asked for more info. I was told I was loved. I figured it was time sensitive, like loved for 12 hours. I didn't figure much would change in the vening as nothing really ever happens and that it would expire and I would be executed. Or I would hammer myself to speed it up. Guess it was just a stay of execution with a chance of survival if people unvoted. But, who's here? No one. You're all sleep as I would figure.

It's kind of fun getting secret bonuses but this one was quite ambiguous.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I was thinking about the fact that this was timed rather poorly for you, since discussion would likely dry up during the night.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Amoeba102 posted:

It's kind of fun getting secret bonuses but this one was quite ambiguous.

eh I wasn't 100% clear with what I wanted either, that's all me here. What I wrote in my mod doc ("loved delay if voted") was way more ambiguous than I am sure past-ecco intended it to be. We are all left debating what that strange person meant, knowing it is moot, since you are by this point under almost any interpretation quite, quite dead.

I am going to end it now because I am going to bed and I really don't see anything changing at all in the next two hours.

=========

:c: The Final Day 4 Votecount :c:

:redhammer: Amoeba102 (7): Quinquereme, Max, Hal Incandenza, -Max, Spoonsy, Max, Gamerofthegame, WHICH WAY MADNESS, merk
Spoonsy (2): chaoslord, fiery_valkyrie
chaoslord (1): 100YrsofAttitude
WHICH WAY MADNESS (1): Gamerofthegame, -Gamerofthegame, Amoeba102
Hal Incandenza (0): WHICH WAY MADNESS, -WHICH WAY MADNESS
100YrsofAttitude (0): Amoeba102, -Amoeba102

Not Voting (0):

:h: With 11 players alive, it took 6 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is July 23rd, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT.

===========

I am very tired. You all finally get a rope and kill Amoeba. He died at long last. He did not turn into a beast, there was no wizard hat in his room. He was just a humble conspirator, trying to murder Lady Clarent like everyone else.

:s: Amoeba102, Richard Villapond, Corrupt Steward (mafia-aligned godfather), was executed day 4. :s:

It is now Night 4.

Submit your actions soon!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
All the actions are in and are final! Processing now! I am dying my hair also though so that takes precedence.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The next morning blah blah blah. Honestly there are only so many ways to introduce the new day. The sun rises. The servants woke up. Horror was found. Are there other ways? No matter. I guess I could talk about the weather. It's raining today, as it often does in Vercy in the fall. It's been lightly drizzling all week, in fact. It'd probably be metaphorical if weather in this universe - as in ours - wasn't the result of chaos and random chance that cares little for what happens in the lives of the people on earth. But raining it is, and as often happens in the morning, there are bodies.

First is Hal Incandenza, a humble servant from Dromay. He was found a burnt cinder in his room, which in turn was burned from the inside with an intense heat. What little was left of him could be put into a small paper bag and sent to the Undertaker. His report confirmed what many suspected: he was in the personal employ of Lady Clarent's gang.

:s: Hal Incandenza, Florian, Servant (town Clarent-aligned vanilla), was burned to a crisp night 4. :s:

Inside Hal's room was also found a beautiful emerald; it miraculously survived the flames unscathed.

An ITEM is available! The first player to type ##grab EMERALD will acquire a magical jewel with unknown effects.

Also found was WHICH WAY MADNESS, the late Robert's personal valet. It was as if he was eaten by a large beast or series of smaller creatures, like famished weasels or rabid badgers. The Undertaker's report, however, revealed that his allegiances were far from loyal.

:s: Which Way Madness, Denis, Corrupt Valet (mafia-aligned traitor), was om-nom'd night 4. :s:

It is now Day 5!
:h: With 8 alive it takes 5 votes to execute.
:d: Day 5 deadline: Monday, July 27th, ~11PM EDT.

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem
##grab EMERALD :f5:

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem
Huh, so he was lying about being bulletproof then?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Quinquereme posted:

##grab EMERALD :f5:

You have acquired an EMERALD! It is beautiful and green and seems to glow internally, like a star. You may ##use it at night in lieu of other actions - if any!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I can't help but be amused by that.

What color you dying your hair Ecco?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What color you dying your hair Ecco?

auburn! I use henna with a tablespoon of lemon juice to bring out the red dyes, and leave it in overnight. I have a plastic bag wrapped around my head right now and a towel clipped around me like a toga, and once I go to bed I'll cover my pillow in a garbage bag.

e: it's pretty much like this, but since I've been doing it for over a year now I'm mostly getting my roots.

http://www.hairpediaclub.com/wp-content/uploads/Henna-Indigo-Hair-Dying.jpg

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jul 24, 2015

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

chaoslord posted:

Oh, also, I don't think Amoeba is the werewolf. Granted, it's speculation on my part, but I think there's a much better explanation around. (Quote this post and laugh at me when I'm wrong)

chaoslord posted:

Honestly, I don't even know what to make about the Clarent aligned thing but I feel like it's going to end up being just another big distraction for me. I'm getting way too tripped up on all these extra speculations so I'm gonna go back to what I feel is right outside of those things

##vote Spoonsy

Looks like Amoeba's pinging a lot of people, re:secret abilities, which is strange as hell, but I don't remember anything outside of that. I'll reread them when I have more time.

This one is easy guys. Chaoslord was the first person to not actually suspect Amoeba at all trying to play it off as something else. Also he keeps the trend of not believing Clarent aligned as pro town.

He's definitely scum.

##vote Chaoslord

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

auburn! I use henna with a tablespoon of lemon juice to bring out the red dyes, and leave it in overnight. I have a plastic bag wrapped around my head right now and a towel clipped around me like a toga, and once I go to bed I'll cover my pillow in a garbage bag.

That'll make an awful noise don't you think? But that's a nice color. I've never dyed my hair, same dark chocolate brown that it's always been. I don't like hair products but your dye seems pretty cool. I guess that makes it all-natural?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

100YrsofAttitude posted:

That'll make an awful noise don't you think? But that's a nice color. I've never dyed my hair, same dark chocolate brown that it's always been. I don't like hair products but your dye seems pretty cool. I guess that makes it all-natural?

eh the noise isn't so bad if you're like me and you only fall asleep when you are dead-exhausted. and yeah since it's natural it's actually really good for your hair - especially curly hair like mine. It coats it with a layer of protection, making it thicker and fuller. it's just wonderful. I do it every 4 months to touch up my roots.

though, I've always wanted to bleach my hair and dye it something funky like purple or green, but I know that's awful for your hair and I love my hair, I would never hurt it intentionally.

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem

100YrsofAttitude posted:

This one is easy guys. Chaoslord was the first person to not actually suspect Amoeba at all trying to play it off as something else. Also he keeps the trend of not believing Clarent aligned as pro town.

He's definitely scum.

##vote Chaoslord

Yeah absolutely agree.

I think he's either the last scum who fireballed Hal or the werewolf (I'm assuming om-nom is just another way of describing the mauling?).

##vote chaos

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Also it seems safe to say that the killer with the fire is the mafia. While our beast killer is the SK. And honestly I'm at a loss where to even begin to look for that threat.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

There is still the stabber. And yes, chaos lord must be the last mafia.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Or something. He's been actively lurking in a bad way.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

100YrsofAttitude posted:

He's definitely scum.

##vote Chaoslord

There's a difference in between deciding that I don't want to deal with trying to decide if this 3p group is town or not when I have what I felt was a good scum read outside of it and actively promoting Clarent as bad guys. Also, I was right about Amoeba not being the werewolf.

If you want to vote me, go for it man. I don't remember if you are Clarent or not, but assuming no, you and I are the only two folks who are not either Cop or Clarent (well, I guess gamer too, but he's confirmed town), so we're gonna be the two everyone looks at. And if you are, then I'm the obvious vote alone. But you don't have to make stuff up to get to your vote :P

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

chaoslord posted:

There's a difference in between deciding that I don't want to deal with trying to decide if this 3p group is town or not when I have what I felt was a good scum read outside of it and actively promoting Clarent as bad guys. Also, I was right about Amoeba not being the werewolf.

If you want to vote me, go for it man. I don't remember if you are Clarent or not, but assuming no, you and I are the only two folks who are not either Cop or Clarent (well, I guess gamer too, but he's confirmed town), so we're gonna be the two everyone looks at. And if you are, then I'm the obvious vote alone. But you don't have to make stuff up to get to your vote :P

The way I see it is that you don't have to try to decide whether or not Clarent is town or not. I mean you were actually in that Madriu scum team with me and saw how that went down. I'm surprised you would even in the slightest doubt the veracity of the claim this time around. The fact that you're in the slightest waffling about it is pretty indicative for me.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Was Whichwaymadness part of the cop/dethy group because that would supposedly exonerate the rest of them right?

Yeah so it's definitely Chaoslord for scum.

I have a theory for the SK.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The way I see it is that you don't have to try to decide whether or not Clarent is town or not. I mean you were actually in that Madriu scum team with me and saw how that went down. I'm surprised you would even in the slightest doubt the veracity of the claim this time around. The fact that you're in the slightest waffling about it is pretty indicative for me.

Yes, why would someone who has been in a game with a town+ and scum+ 3p faction be unsure right after a recruiting group 3p claim? I didn't rush out and pledge loyalty to the 3p group, oh no.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Was Whichwaymadness part of the cop/dethy group because that would supposedly exonerate the rest of them right?

Yeah, in a traditional dethy it would.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So I think our SK is Gamer. As unlikely as I found Clord's theory on the whole 'ancient' flavor behind Nth's death the fact that he was gamekeeper is pretty key especially if you notice that every one of the SK's death has been beastly in nature. They involved a mauling, another mauling, an evisceration, and an eaten player. So Nth's mason partner is clearly the 'game' that Nth was supposedly keeping.

Then in looking up what exactly a twin is/does I came across this definition:

quote:

Twin

Twins (or lovers) are usually two people who know each other's identity. They usually have no role, or a weak one, until one of the two dies. In traditional #fluodome mafia, the surviving twin always becomes killer. He stays aligned with the village if an evil side kills his brother, but if he is lynched at day; he becomes self-aligned, requiring every other player dead to win. The opposite variant also exists; the twins start with a role, but if one of them dies, the other loses his role, or even worse, his life.

If you're the first type of twin, you may want to get yourself killed just to make your partner more powerful or vice versa, or stick to what you are, and have all the pro's of a known partner. Always having a second opinion available is helpful, especially if you are a beginning player. No matter what you do as a twin, don't do anything your partner disapproves of.

Now this isn't from our own wiki page, that doesn't have a twin page, but it seems to imply that twins as a mechanic involve a killing role. I propose that Gamer was initially town and his alignment changed when his twin was killed to 3P. If it's not Gamer I have no idea who else it could be.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
For the record I got scum on WWM last night, not that it matters, but nice to see that I may in fact be sane.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

chaoslord posted:

Yes, why would someone who has been in a game with a town+ and scum+ 3p faction be unsure right after a recruiting group 3p claim? I didn't rush out and pledge loyalty to the 3p group, oh no.

It's one thing if they had just said "We're pro-town" or whatever, but they're flips put them as Clarent-aligned. I don't know how we're supposed to understand that otherwise.

chaoslord posted:

Yeah, in a traditional dethy it would.

Ok so these the people AFAIK that are confirmed somehow:

Cops: Merk, Fiery Valkyrie, Spoonsy

Clarent Aligned: Max

Twins: Gamer

I think that's everyone. That leaves 100yrs, Quin, and Chaoslord as the only options.

ninja: Correct me if I'm wrong about this and misplaced/forgot someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

100YrsofAttitude posted:

100yrs stealing my theory and then claiming it as their own :argh:

My "Gamer is the werewolf" theory included both "ancient" and the fact that he was a gamekeeper, even explicitly saying "a gamekeeper to help control his brother". So come on, give me some credit, don't just say I was only saying the word ancient was my entire thought.

• Locked thread