Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Did he actually say that? :magical:

Yeah, right after the third goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

lol Murphy you clown

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

This game is even worse than I feared.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Brown Paper Bag posted:

This game is even worse than I feared.

Carlton have delivered their Friday night masterpiece.

Think of how bad Carlton were last decade post salary cap sanctions. They never had a loss this big.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Doctor Cave posted:

Think of how bad Carlton were last decade post salary cap sanctions. They never had a loss this big.

to be fair, hawthorn is in pretty terrifying form after dishing out thrashings to the two other popular premiership contendors in consecutive weeks.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
Carlton had 30 tackles for the game, they were pathetic.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I'm tipping Richmond next week though.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Doctor Cave posted:

On this day I said that Carlton would be no good for a generation.

I still cop poo poo but at least I can say I predicted it.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Hawks are definitely the #1 side in the competition. They're miles better than Freo.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Im glad i was driving up the Hume the entire game. Topped up at Glenrowan when the siren sounded.

Looking forward to a weekend of snowboarding and not thinking about the footy though, at least falls creek has scorer more cm in snow this week than Carlton did tonight.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

welfare check on chrono

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Diet Crack posted:

Hawks are definitely the #1 side in the competition. They're miles better than Freo.

The Hawthorn West Coast game suddenly takes on so much more of a narrative.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Carlton are tanking in the hope that the Lions and GC win 1 more game this year. This game destroyed their %.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

drunkill posted:

Im glad i was driving up the Hume the entire game. Topped up at Glenrowan when the siren sounded.

Looking forward to a weekend of snowboarding and not thinking about the footy though, at least falls creek has scorer more cm in snow this week than Carlton did tonight.
Carlton are the new Melbourne?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Glad to say I spent the evening at the MCG watching Man lovely be somehow less inspiring than Carlton.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

That was the largest margin of the year for anyone playing at home.

The Eagles/Hawks game is definitely going to be interesting, though I don't really forsee us beating them. Their team defense is enviable.

Sir Charles
Apr 25, 2006
Can't...seem to...penetrate the fabric...must be...some kind of...polyester weave!
I had tipped 140 points and shifted it down to 126 to be "cautious"

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Carlton's got another one of these left.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

The Deadly Hume posted:

Carlton are the new Melbourne?

I wish i could afford a ski trip every weekend of the footy season.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Can't wait for the rematch in a few weeks time

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

It's in round 23, Hawthorn will need a rest coming into finals and could be playing for top spot, so another Friday night blockbuster is still on the cards!

Actually round 23 is shaping up to be pretty ordinary, only Adelaide v Geelong and Richmond v North look like they could be games which matter to both participants, the rest is tops versus bottoms.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jul 24, 2015

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Equalization working a treat

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I thought my margin of 73 was being a bit of a prick :stare:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Relegate Carlton to Conference.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I had the football on and it was 1 point 2 to, went and played a couple of games of table tennis and came back to see 8 goals to 0.

Even then, I didn't predict that scoreline. Ouch.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Worse loss in Carlton's existence. It was the perfect storm really, a red hot Hawks who want the win AND percentage, and a Carlton missing most of its senior players with the "new coach" smell well and truly wearing off.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I think the lid is well and truly off for the Hawks. In fact the lid was blown so hard off that it is currently orbiting the globe

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I really don't think last night should have any influence on the lid

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

You Am I posted:

I think the lid is well and truly off for the Hawks. In fact the lid was blown so hard off that it is currently orbiting the globe

A couple iffy games to Richmond and the Eagles and the lid comes back to earth.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

We managed to beat Richmond last year but they've had a pretty decent record against us over the last 3 or so seasons.

Carlton were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Solemn Sloth posted:

99,382 at the MCG for the soccer

The atmosphere is better at AFL games of 20,000 than it was last night with nearly 100k at the soccer.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Windmill Hut posted:

The atmosphere is better at AFL games of 20,000 than it was last night with nearly 100k at the soccer.

That won't stop the doomsday articles or KB aggressively using it to try and scrap the interchange bench

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
It was a one off boutique match between two of the biggest clubs in the world. Anyone who genuinely thinks it means soccer is taking over in Melbourne needs their head checked.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Windmill Hut posted:

That's cause soccer is boring.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

realbez posted:

It was a one off boutique match between two of the biggest clubs in the world. Anyone who genuinely thinks it means soccer is taking over in Melbourne needs their head checked.

True, but if enough people parrot that the sky is falling, the league might actually feel pressured to make some worthwhile changes for the good of supporters. The footy has been a monopoly in this city for so long that for a while there the powers that be felt they could do any annoying poo poo they wanted. If they actually feel pressured by a rival code (NRL lol), we might see a continuation of the baby steps that McLachlan started this year with ticketing prices and kick to kick. Boutique suburban stadium? Less onerous restrictions on crowd behaviour? Etihad stadium management sealed into a steel crate and then dropped in the Southern Ocean? Serious club equalization efforts?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Periphery posted:

That's cause soccer is boring.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Apparently there's no Messiah for Sydney according to Grandstand. How is GWS vs Geelong travelling? Cats ahead at this stage...

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

hiddenmovement posted:

Less onerous restrictions on crowd behaviour?

I feel you should CC George Brandis and Tim Wilson in on this, Rita Panahi and Andrew Bolt too

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

It's an open game with a lot pressure but silly decision making from both sides. Not bad at all to watch and the ground is 100% full.

So much better than last weeks blight of a game v Bulldogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

I feel you should CC George Brandis and Tim Wilson in on this, Rita Panahi and Andrew Bolt too

Have you seen the way the security staff behave at the mcg and etihad?

• Locked thread