Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
Set it to follow you or set it to passive. On passive it will just sit there when attacked so make sure you don't let it die. When set to follow you it will freak out till you kill what attacked it than it will return to you.

The birds are much better since they will kill what attacked them instead of freaking out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I set my ptero to passive which means he won't fly around if he gets attacked, but I also have to defend him so I can't ever leave him too far away.

If he ever does start freaking out tell him to follow you (J) that way no matter how much he is whizzing around he won't leave a certain radius from you.

When I am collecting rocks on the beach for example here is what I do:

- Land ptero (spacebar) and press U a couple times to make sure he doesn't wander off
- Start collecting rocks
- If I hear combat music or notice him getting ant'd run back and save him, but otherwise ignore him
- Once I get ~50ft away whistle J for him to follow
- When I hear his wingbeats getting close double U again to make sure he doesn't start flying on top of me (which makes me get on him when I'm trying to press E to get a rock, or rather using the script to get it)

He is set to passive the whole time.

e: beaten

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Speaking of crazy mounts, my raptor has decided it will collect all corpses as he sees fit, corpse collection setting be damned. Has anyone seen a bug like that before and if so is there any way to fix it? All I've tried is toggling it on and off a billion times.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
My pteranodon is set to passive but I had a couple of incidents in the last week where as soon as an ant attacked him, he just disappeared. And I mean literally - he was right in front of me, sitting on the ground and then he wasn't there anymore. Both times I had to get a mate to come and search - he'd teleported a few hundred yards away. I assumed it was either lag or magic ants. :v:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

TheDK posted:

So are pteranodons just schizo for everyone? I'll fly mine up to a drop or something, an ant or fly will show up, and my ptera just goes CRAZY and starts flying around at crazy speeds and away from me. Whistling doesn't have any effect most of the time. Seems like a real pain in the rear end. Are all flyers like this? What happens is I'll try to do something with the ptera, he'll start freaking out, then I'm spending the rest of the night begging people to loan me their flyer so I can go find mine in the woods.

Setting it to passive will help, and you can try to bring up the whistle spiral and whistle for "all follow" before he runs too far off.

But yes, pteros are assholes

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Rhymenoserous posted:

The most yakkity sax moment in the game.

Thank god they didn't have traps implemented yet.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Anyone know if the Gearbox server got its 3x fixed? I have a Dino hankering and the only cure is more dinos.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

Thank god they didn't have traps implemented yet.

I legitimately thought I was going to hack up a lung when you guys were explaining how you got locked inside.

"Well you see she ran outside of her base and ran around it and we chased her, she ran inside her base and we followed then she slammed the door and now we're stuck in here."

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Rhymenoserous posted:

I legitimately thought I was going to hack up a lung when you guys were explaining how you got locked inside.

"Well you see she ran outside of her base and ran around it and we chased her, she ran inside her base and we followed then she slammed the door and now we're stuck in here."

When we got inside we thought we would be goon champions! And then the sinking realization we'd starve to death set in. The funny part was she kept opening doors and we'd get to another room only to realize we were still locked in.

And the c4 bugging out and not being able to be set and detonated killed all hope. Wish I could have seen the dilo suicide bombing attempts.

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Internet Explorer posted:

Anyone know if the Gearbox server got its 3x fixed? I have a Dino hankering and the only cure is more dinos.

Noooooope.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Molothecat posted:

Noooooope.

Noooooo. Someone please fix it. :(

Huge Fucker Bitch
Jan 8, 2004

Internet Explorer posted:

Noooooo. Someone please fix it. :(

Fairly certain the admins have just abandoned it at this point. Can't get in touch on steam or here.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Huge Fucker Bitch posted:

Fairly certain the admins have just abandoned it at this point. Can't get in touch on steam or here.

I just sent a PM to ceebee. I'll see what he has to say. I offered to help admin it if he doesn't feel like it.

ceebee
Feb 12, 2004
Sorry guys been busy lately, I'll check out the ini tonight and hopefully get it back together.

edit: should be good to go

I may be taking the server down middle of next month, I don't have the time to admin it and at $50/month it's not really worth it if I don't have time to play or admin it. I will post the map and all your stuff saved here when the time comes so you can download it and start your own server with it or play it offline (I think?). I started the server initially for coworkers but honestly just not enough people playing for me to keep it going.

ceebee fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jul 25, 2015

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I'll host it and admin it when you're ready to bring it down. Just let me know.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

how did it even get in?

It's L21, does anyone know how many tranq arrows I would need to knock it out?

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

ok i'm officially tired of somebody busting up my house and stealing all my poo poo. how do i join the goon tribe on 82?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Any people running private PvE servers logged on today to find a massive amount of random tamed dinos just....missing? No packs to indicate death, can't find them anywhere.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

crabrock posted:

ok i'm officially tired of somebody busting up my house and stealing all my poo poo. how do i join the goon tribe on 82?

There's a thread in PGS with the join/mumble info.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Any people running private PvE servers logged on today to find a massive amount of random tamed dinos just....missing? No packs to indicate death, can't find them anywhere.

Did they all die because their big toe was stuck in geometry?

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
I saw some cats on our server hanging out in the ground so I know they were telling the truth about that much at least. There are some people making the same claims on the steam forums.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Azhais posted:

Did they all die because their big toe was stuck in geometry?

That's what we assumed, but they were all in a field. We just rolled back and updated again, all is well. Weird.

Dr. Jackal
Sep 13, 2009

crabrock posted:

get on mumble, get your house busted and all your poo poo stolen (by goons)

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Just what I always...wanted...?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Shame they aren't big enough to ride. But more wildlife is always nice.

Huge Fucker Bitch
Jan 8, 2004
Gearbox needs updating again lol.

Just putzing around with server82 goons in the meantime.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Is that what you call it... :lol:

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Huge Fucker Bitch posted:

Gearbox needs updating again lol.

Just putzing around with server82 goons in the meantime.

help, my hugbox server went down im upset :'(

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

This thread is getting pretty dumb with all the video game drama.

Huge Fucker Bitch
Jan 8, 2004

nightwisher posted:

I'm not sure what this means. This is a casual server for casual bros.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Pilchenstein posted:

Someone posted an autohotkey script a while back, with a vague warning that it had bugs. I made a fancier version here: http://pastebin.com/usuUEu7w

F1 to spam E (for harvesting plants), F2 to enable auto-walk and F3 to click 20 times. It should also automatically interrupt what it's doing if the game window loses focus (without checking several times a second like the old version did). Works for me on Win7, though the window focus stuff might not be supported on Win8.

As a bonus feature if you're running windowed or fullscreen windowed, you can put the icons from this rar file in the same folder as the .ahk and comment out the "return" on line 34 to have it show them in the top left of the screen when any of the functions are running. This won't work in regular fullscreen mode though.

This doesn't work for me. Is there something else I need to do? I get errors when I try saving this txt file as .ahk and running it.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
What errors do you get? It launches fine for me. I seem to have AHK version 1.1.21

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I get this:

http://i.imgur.com/mJ738wg.jpg

Maybe I did something wrong. I downloaded the file, renamed to .ahk and then tried launching it.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
Nothing looks wrong. I know there was some difficulty a while back with the Autohotkey site, where the project carried on but the people running it didn't have access to the original domain, leading to a lot of version confusion or some poo poo. It's possible you're running an outdated version, maybe?

Could also try throwing in my extremely basic no-frills version of the script that doesn't care what windows are up or draw any icons:
code:
#InstallKeybdHook

$e::
	SendInput,e
	KeyWait,e, T0.25
    If ErrorLevel 
	{                 			
		While GetKeyState("e","P")
		{
			SendInput, {e up}
			Sleep,40
			SendInput, {e down}
			Sleep,100
		}
		return
    }
    Else
    {

return
    }
return

$!w::
	KeyWait,w
	KeyWait,LAlt
	SendInput, {w down}
return

!LButton::
	KeyWait,LAlt
	KeyWait,LButton
	DllCall("mouse_event", "UInt", 0x02) ;click LMB down
return

kaxman fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 26, 2015

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I was on 1.1.13. I installed 1.1.22 or whatever that newest one is and it worked, thanks.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
That didn't take long, nude mods have made it to Ark. :gonk:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=487516323

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Found a cute red-and-green striped carnotaur with white legs, went back to fetch my bow. Returned and it was fighting ants, decided to wait till it was done, the ants killed it. :gonk:

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Clinton1011 posted:

That didn't take long, nude mods have made it to Ark. :gonk:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=487516323

ABOUT TIME :getin:

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

nightwisher posted:

Hahahaha. Brilliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Apparently my tribe is a bit miffed at me and I got a 'warning' because I discovered dyes and I spent all evening making the base into a rainbow hellhouse of colors and they didn't like it.

I painted the walls and ceiling and floor and everything in the room with the beds to be bright Pepto-Bismal pink, so when they die and wake up back as base they will know that they are home. :)