Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
YMIW live today at JFL MTL co-hosted by Moshe Kasher, with Jamie Lee, Ian Edwards, Neal Brennan, and Margaret Cho. Pretty great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

Piquai Souban posted:

YMIW live today at JFL MTL co-hosted by Moshe Kasher, with Jamie Lee, Ian Edwards, Neal Brennan, and Margaret Cho. Pretty great!

Came for Dead-After talk, stayed for the Apple talk.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Keegan-Michael Key on you made it weird was loving hilarious.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Man, Brett Gelman is a profoundly unfunny person.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Irish Joe posted:

Man, Brett Gelman is a profoundly unfunny person.

I'm just gonna pretend you got banned for this post.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

I'm not sure I'm digging this new release schedule.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Not super happy about it myself. But holy crap Sally Fields! It's really weird hearing Hardwick on Comcast commercials though. He is getting married and it seems Jonah at least has a ton going on. I miss the interviews when they were all together. So at this point I'll take what I can get. It feels like a lot of the shows I listen to regularly are on the wane which makes me sad as hell but hey I did discover a law and order svu podcast haha.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
What's the SVU podcast called? Who does it?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I miss the volume of shows as well but I can sympathise with chris having a crazy timetable.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I don't listen to this podcast but saw the newest episode had Iggy and Josh Homme on it, and holy poo poo is it good. Iggy is just a living storybook, and both him and Josh are loving hilarious. Great listen.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

GonSmithe posted:

I don't listen to this podcast but saw the newest episode had Iggy and Josh Homme on it, and holy poo poo is it good. Iggy is just a living storybook, and both him and Josh are loving hilarious. Great listen.

Have you listened to Homme's other episode? He has a hilarious running story about Steve Perry from Journey.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

my first instinct was to make it's own thread for this because i am so loving baffled by it, but aaron rodgers is on the new episode of you made it weird

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
The nick vatterott episode of you made it weird was fantastic, both he and pete and fire all the way through. Check it out if you haven't.

Halbey
Dec 9, 2009

cams posted:

my first instinct was to make it's own thread for this because i am so loving baffled by it, but aaron rodgers is on the new episode of you made it weird

UFOS and Rob Bell and conspiracy theories - not exactly what I expected but wasn't surprised, either. He is a cat that has a lot going on besides football.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
edit - wrong thread

Jippa fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Aug 21, 2016

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
This episode with Norm MacDonald was great. Up until a guy who obviously doesnt look into this poo poo began to go real deep into religion and morality and began to dog on confessional comics who use comedy and their personal tragedies for sympathy...

Dude, you totally just slammed Tig Notaro, and as much as I like your comedy, maybe chill a little. And don't start waxing philosophic on religion when you have no idea what you're talking about. The older comedy stories ruled. Hearing old white guy talk about these darn kids, not so much.

Also, why does Hardwick always need to make such a big deal out of not being into sports? Katie goes to plug a sports podcast and he HAS to shout I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SPORTS!, or someone mentions drinking and he goes "I DONT DRINK!" I get it. We get it. You chill out too.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I absolutely loved the first part of the interview. The guy is hilarious.

Recommending people with cancer keep it to themselves and not "burdening" their families is crazy. Please ignore that. That isn't "courage".

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jippa posted:

I absolutely loved the first part of the interview. The guy is hilarious.

Recommending people with cancer keep it to themselves and not "burdening" their families is crazy. Please ignore that. That isn't "courage".

EXACTLY

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

rotinaj posted:

Also, why does Hardwick always need to make such a big deal out of not being into sports? Katie goes to plug a sports podcast and he HAS to shout I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SPORTS!, or someone mentions drinking and he goes "I DONT DRINK!" I get it. We get it. You chill out too.
I complained about this before in here; it completely ruined some really good and interesting narrative stuff from Jonah Keri among others. Just let the more sporty people talk and try to relate to it another way, jeez.

Related to this, I'm loving baffled at how Nerdist now hosts at least two sports shows: Jonah Keri Show (mostly baseball) and Puck Soup with Greg Wyshynski and Dave Lozo. How the gently caress did this happen if Hardwick has such a dimwit boner about sports-disliking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Because Chris Hardwick is a nerd and nerds don't sports. Sports are for jocks, you'd know this if you were a true nerd.

Man screams Nerd nerd nerd nerdy nerd nerds!! Makes a fortune.
The Chris Hardwick Story

• Locked thread