Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

apparently i've been screaming in my sleep a lot and i'm not sure what to do about that. suggestions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D3nJ6R0E2Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

Get rid of the mirror above your bed.

i guess last night i sat up and screamed 'I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU'

which would make sense then

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Yeah whiskey is really expensive. Or at least it can be. I don't buy it.

I also saw Night Vale! I was really thrilled when they actually came to Paris to put on a show. It was a lot of fun.

Somberbrero posted:

I don't regret seeing Night Vale in Chicago at all, but I felt done with it afterwards. I was into the spooky scary bits, once it became more about continuity and tongue in cheek humor I was less interested.

This is kinda how I felt? Like it was super neat to see, but after that, I'd try to catch up and just end up kind of tuning out. I think for me part of it was that I fought for eight months to get a play written by Fink & Cranor onstage at the theatre I worked with, then spent three months doing preproduction planning and five months directing it and it finally went up and I cried basically the whole weekend that it was onstage because there were so many tech issues that were totally out of my control and so few people actually came to see it, but we still made money on it and the acting was perfect and basically everyone who did see it thought it was fantastic.

And then I just kind of stopped listening to Night Vale because the writing in that play was so perfect for where I was at the time that having basically the whole thing memorized after having read it no less than five hundred times during the year that I was working on it kind of burned me out on anything from them that wasn't the play -- the tongue-in-cheek stuff started getting to me and I missed the more profound thoughtful bits that were what pulled me into the series. Also once it started to get super winky toward internet subculture (references to tumblr and snapchat etc) it just completely lost me. Maybe the more recent stuff is better but it kinda just feels like they began running out of ideas and fell back on making it into a stable fandom.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Look Under The Rock posted:

This is kinda how I felt? Like it was super neat to see, but after that, I'd try to catch up and just end up kind of tuning out. I think for me part of it was that I fought for eight months to get a play written by Fink & Cranor onstage at the theatre I worked with, then spent three months doing preproduction planning and five months directing it and it finally went up and I cried basically the whole weekend that it was onstage because there were so many tech issues that were totally out of my control and so few people actually came to see it, but we still made money on it and the acting was perfect and basically everyone who did see it thought it was fantastic.

And then I just kind of stopped listening to Night Vale because the writing in that play was so perfect for where I was at the time that having basically the whole thing memorized after having read it no less than five hundred times during the year that I was working on it kind of burned me out on anything from them that wasn't the play -- the tongue-in-cheek stuff started getting to me and I missed the more profound thoughtful bits that were what pulled me into the series. Also once it started to get super winky toward internet subculture (references to tumblr and snapchat etc) it just completely lost me. Maybe the more recent stuff is better but it kinda just feels like they began running out of ideas and fell back on making it into a stable fandom.

Is the play online anywhere?

That's a good way to put it. I don't begrudge them any success, I'm super happy that they've found a sustainable and commercially viable way to do what they do, I just don't think it's for me anymore. I was introduced to some neat music through the weather.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I don't get cliquey about it but I've always like the surreal humor, they elicit some good laughs from me now and again. Though I agree the more profound bits were always the strongest, they've moved on since then. I really like the voice work in the series it's always really very good.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

Is the play online anywhere?

That's a good way to put it. I don't begrudge them any success, I'm super happy that they've found a sustainable and commercially viable way to do what they do, I just don't think it's for me anymore. I was introduced to some neat music through the weather.

oh yeah totally, there are a few weather songs I listen to all. the. time.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I hate all music except for the sounds of children crying.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

CCKeane posted:

I hate all music except for the sounds of children crying.

I just sent keane a b-side from my brother's band called Babyworld about how everyone on Facebook posts a shitload of pictures of their babies. It features a "cry solo" by my brother in the middle and is basically unlistenable and it will now be Keane's favorite song

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

merk posted:

At least Taste has de-evolved back to trolling Taste. We've come full circle.

After careful viewing of hulk hogan's sex tape, why do you hate black people?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
hey Mithross's bullshit game only needs two more people
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3731796&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

After careful viewing of hulk hogan's sex tape, why do you hate black people?

cuz he is way into cucking, and black dudes have that niche well carved out already

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Allen Wren posted:

Oh man, if only I had those sorts of problems. I just got mine back out of the shop, the clutch face-plate and rollers needed to be replaced, along with the drive belt that they destroyed in their failure. That's $740, on top of the $300-plus I just paid for new tires a month or two before.

Meyer suggests a vintage Yamaha CP-35 or -25 so you become accustomed to weighted keys and back-breaking labor trying to move the loving thing. Also for giving kitty a place to be tall from.

You live in dc right? I could fix it for the price of parts

Edit: Wait you're no ecco

Edit 2: I suck at reading. As usual ignore all my stupid posts

Magnus Gallant fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jul 24, 2015

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You moving north mags?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

You moving north mags?

Who knows what life will bring but I don't have any plans for that right now.

I'm planning on travelling up to Long Island to see family in either sept or oct. I'm planning on driving so that would probably be a perfect way to meet up with some of yall northern goons.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Mar 27, 2020

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Magnus Gallant posted:

Who knows what life will bring but I don't have any plans for that right now.

I'm planning on travelling up to Long Island to see family in either sept or oct. I'm planning on driving so that would probably be a perfect way to meet up with some of yall northern goons.

Ecco and I will be in southern va in October :twisted:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

my roommate got high without me :mad:

this relationship just isn't going to work out.

D.A.R.E.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

Ecco and I will be in southern va in October :twisted:

Word, what are you guys doing down there?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

a very goony spy vs. spy

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Our annual tryst

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

taste is the black spy, obviously.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

taste is the black spy, obviously.

Racist

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

I'm going to be doing everything in my power NOT to have to talk to tremendous taste, don't worry.

Pinterest Mom posted:

a very goony spy vs. spy

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

I'm going to be doing everything in my power NOT to have to talk to tremendous taste, don't worry.

Sounds like what most people do when he's playing a game.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'll even call you that fake name you sent me ec~

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

And I figure it probably is from Victoria, because you can (probably?) see the US from your house and Seattle is just across the (bay? strait? sound?), but I'd like to know if there's actually frequent or convenient enough transit before I pull the trigger on tickets to a show on a Wednesday night.

Yeah, just take the clipper

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Yeah whiskey is really expensive. Or at least it can be. I don't buy it.

The only whiskey I'll buy is fireball because it's cheap and it doesn't resemble whiskey whatsoever

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm leaving tomorrow for Scotland to taste scotch but for real.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
i love me some bourbon and scotch. picked up the habit while living in colorado, then moved back to WA and ughghghg everything is like 30% more because of highest tax in the country.

so i drink beer mostly. gin and tonics now and then.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Mafia thread, I am helping my bestie pay her tuition by co-running a huge two day bake sale. One of the options I want to offer is a really awesome vegan breakfast bar I know how to make. However I feel like "really awesome vegan breakfast bar" is maybe too much name for the thing. What sort of name would motivate you to buy a vegan breakfast bar?

Also if any of y'all have ever wanted to buy cookies from me now's the time to speak up, we accept paypal

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Break'n Bar.
RAVBB.

Or just Breakfast Bar and then write "Vegan!" underneath.

Or just Breakfast Bar and wait for the vegans to inevitably tell you they're vegan and then point it out to them

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mafia thread, I am helping my bestie pay her tuition by co-running a huge two day bake sale. One of the options I want to offer is a really awesome vegan breakfast bar I know how to make. However I feel like "really awesome vegan breakfast bar" is maybe too much name for the thing. What sort of name would motivate you to buy a vegan breakfast bar?

Also if any of y'all have ever wanted to buy cookies from me now's the time to speak up, we accept paypal

The spam filter.

You're welcome.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

"Doc Scroggins' Magic Secret"

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Compassion Log

Max
Nov 30, 2002

After Scotland I am traveling to Iceland. Should I do anything / eat anything / drink anything exciting while there?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Max posted:

After Scotland I am traveling to Iceland. Should I do anything / eat anything / drink anything exciting while there?

YES

http://www.cntraveler.com/stories/2014-08-21/the-one-dish-to-eat-in-iceland

this is not a joke. even obama visited this hot dog cart when he was there. it's that landmark-ish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

EccoRaven posted:

what is in a vegan breakfast bar?

the vegan chicken nuggets I get are called "chick'n" so maybe something like that? you know, trick people into it.

Banana, oatmeal, flaxseed, dried cherries, chopped walnuts, vanilla, a little coconut oil