Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Welp I don't really think yuming is scum but let's not no lynch. ##vote yuming

thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Welp I don't really think yuming is scum but let's not no lynch. ##vote yuming

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
The first day of the tournament begins to draw to a close. A heated argument begins to form, centered around two of the combatants. Accusations are shouted back and forth, each accusing the other of cheating to win the tournament. Eventually, it comes to a head, and blades are drawn. When the melee finally breaks up, one of your number lies dead on the flagstone of the sleeping quarters.

yuming, Seohyun, Town Diviner, has been executed day 1.

quote:

You are Seohyun. You are a gentle person, and prefer the art of healing to the art of warfare. However, you come from a poor family, and your sister suffers from an affliction that is difficult to treat. You have entered the Tournament of Heroes so that you can use the winnings to afford the magic needed to cure her.

You are a Town Diviner. Once per game, during the day, you may ##ask the spirits in-thread and reveal the number of Scum-Aligned players on the previous day's dunk. You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Twilight until I close the thread! Post to your heart's content!

EXAKT Science fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jul 24, 2015

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

yuming (10): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, merk, King Burgundy, CapitalistPig, TMMadman, Opopanax, Birdstrike, Roydrowsy, QuoProQuid, AnonymousNarcotics, garthoneeye
AnonymousNarcotics (5): Pinterest Mom, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, yuming, garthoneeye, imgay, CCKeane, EccoRaven, garthoneeye
imgay (1): Birdstrike, Birdstrike, OmegaGoo
EccoRaven (1): Birdstrike, Birdstrike, CapitalistPig, yuming, yuming, Murmur Twin, CapitalistPig
Roydrowsy (0): TMMadman, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, imgay, QuoProQuid, TMMadman, imgay, QuoProQuid
CapitalistPig (0): EccoRaven, EccoRaven
merk (0): EccoRaven, Opopanax, EccoRaven, Opopanax
Opopanax (0): merk, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, merk, EccoRaven
King Burgundy (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Pinterest Mom (0): Opopanax, Opopanax
Murmur Twin (0): Pinterest Mom, CapitalistPig, Pinterest Mom, CapitalistPig, King Burgundy, King Burgundy
OmegaGoo (0): Roydrowsy, CCKeane, Roydrowsy, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, CCKeane
CCKeane (0): King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, King Burgundy, OmegaGoo, Birdstrike, Birdstrike, OmegaGoo

Not Voting (0):

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 24th, 2015 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Well that's a lovely role to lose day 1

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I don't think I need a diviner to tell me there were a shitton of scum on her execution.

I don't care.

I'm going to bed.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Twilight is over! Night actions please! Thread will open no later than Midnight Eastern Time Tomorrow

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Hey, I still need a number of night actions. As soon as I have everything, I can reopen the game!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
The sun dawns on the second day of the tournament, and you all head from your quaters to the arena's mess hall to break your fasts in anticipation of another day of combat and skilled displays. All of you slowly filter down from your bunks and begin to eat and chatter amongst yourselves. However, by the end of the meal, you notice that one of your number has not come down to eat. You quickly finish your plates and head up to the rooms to check. Sure enough, the door to one of the rooms is ajar, and there is a red puddle behind it. Inside the room, you find the bodies of a man, and a tiger.

TMMadman, Silenec and Segur, Town Combatant has been brutally slain Night 1.

quote:

You are Silenec and Segur. You grew up as an orphan on the streets, and fought to keep yourself alive. One day, while fleeing from the city guard, you ran into the jungle and stumbled upon an injured tiger cub, with its mother nowhere to be found. You nursed it back to health, and it has been your loyal companion ever since. The tiger likes fighting as much as you do, and told you to enter the Tournament of Heroes. You were more than happy to oblige, as the thrill of combat is like no other thrill in the world.

You are a Town Combatant. You are a trained pit fighter and have entered into the Tournament of Ages to win fame, glory, and gold. You are vanilla town and have no powers; your weapon is your vote. However, your training does grant you a slight edge. If you have no items and take part in a challenge, you will get a slight bonus in that challenge. You win when all threats to town are eliminated

Day 2 Begins!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

AnonymousNarcotics (5): Pinterest Mom, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, garthoneeye, imgay, CCKeane, EccoRaven
EccoRaven (2): Birdstrike, Birdstrike, CapitalistPig, Murmur Twin
imgay (1): Birdstrike, Birdstrike, OmegaGoo
Roydrowsy (1): EccoRaven, EccoRaven, imgay, QuoProQuid, imgay
Opopanax (1): merk, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, EccoRaven
Pinterest Mom (1): Opopanax
CapitalistPig (0): EccoRaven, EccoRaven
merk (0): EccoRaven, Opopanax, EccoRaven, Opopanax
King Burgundy (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Murmur Twin (0): Pinterest Mom, CapitalistPig, Pinterest Mom, CapitalistPig, King Burgundy, King Burgundy
OmegaGoo (0): Roydrowsy, CCKeane, Roydrowsy, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, CCKeane
CCKeane (0): King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, King Burgundy, OmegaGoo, Birdstrike, Birdstrike, OmegaGoo

Not Voting (4): AnonymousNarcotics, Birdstrike, King Burgundy, Roydrowsy

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 24th, 2015 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

My vote for today shall be on Narco, for her hammer was scummy, as was her content.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

votefinder posted:

Ignore this please, I clicked buttons in the wrong order.

CORRECT COUNT:
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (15): AnonymousNarcotics, Birdstrike, CapitalistPig, CCKeane, EccoRaven, garthoneeye, imgay, King Burgundy, merk, Murmur Twin, OmegaGoo, Opopanax, Pinterest Mom, QuoProQuid, Roydrowsy

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 28th, 2015 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 17 hours.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

CCKeane posted:

My vote for today shall be on Narco, for her hammer was scummy, as was her content.

How the gently caress is it scummy to prevent a no lynch? I didn't vote her before then because I didn't think she was scum. And oh, look, I was right.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I can't think of any reason for the night kill, I reviewed his posts.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CCKeane posted:

I can't think of any reason for the night kill, I reviewed his posts.

Well, there was that event he won

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

How the gently caress is it scummy to prevent a no lynch? I didn't vote her before then because I didn't think she was scum. And oh, look, I was right.

This is another scummy post. It is emphasizing very much that you really didn't want to vote timing and that you were forced into it by circumstance, but this is a great deal of protest and it seems like a show. In your last three posts you expressed regret at having to hammer yuming because you thought she was town, a post about how it was a bad role to lose, and now a post about how right you were that timing was town.

This is scummy behavior.

I also very much don't like that there was a swing onto yuming developing off the back of a lousy case, especially since yuming is regarded highly for her town prowess.

All is dust, I shall look to the sky with apathy.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Opopanax posted:

Well, there was that event he won

Didn't that just make him LP for the day? If anything Roy and his mystery item would be a greater threat.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't know there were like 200 posts when I came in after that so I didn't pay much attention

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

Didn't that just make him LP for the day? If anything Roy and his mystery item would be a greater threat.

Everyone who had a key got an item, including TMM.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

Everyone who had a key got an item, including TMM.

Gotcha, that is much more sensical, aif I cared to express an emotion it would probably be gratitude.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
Roy isn't the only one who got an item. Everyone who had a key at the end, including TMM, got an item. Keep that in mind.

--------

So for the yuming bandwagon:

Merk had his case.

The next three votes were "I agree with this case, and will vote yuming."

The next three were "Well, it's either yuming or narc, and I think yuming is scummier."

QPQ trusted merk's gut.

Narc and Garth hammered.

Merk seemed to be the only one to actually put any thought into that case. I thought it was a pretty weak case.

MMT was not on the bandwagon, but had she been here around the deadline, I believe she would have voted for yuming, so consider her on the bandwagon.

Based on what we see here, I find QPQ's vote the scummiest, although I am not fond of opop's vote either.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

I also very much don't like that there was a swing onto yuming developing off the back of a lousy case, especially since yuming is regarded highly for her town prowess.

Players who voted for yuming:
merk, King Burgundy, CapitalistPig, TMMadman, Opopanax, Birdstrike, Roydrowsy, QuoProQuid, AnonymousNarcotics, garthoneeye

...though technically Anon hammered.
It was weird that Anon didn't vote for yuming sooner. You'd think when it became perfectly clear it was her vs. yuming she'd go with yuming for preservation.

I got strong town feelings on Birdstrike, TMM was town. Neutral on almost everyone else there, except Opop who I like for scum. Merk made the yuming case and has been kind of a non-entity so far, I wouldn't be surprised if he was scum, but it's merk so it's always an ordeal with him when you case him, so if someone else wants to take the reins go ahead.

In the terms of timing, when I voted Anon it put her one vote behind yuming, but QPQ, who voted a minute after me, put yuming ahead. I think ultimately it was QPQ's vote that made the yuming momentum unassailable. If Anon is scum, QPQ is the first person I'd look at.

Hmmmm.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

OmegaGoo posted:

Roy isn't the only one who got an item. Everyone who had a key at the end, including TMM, got an item. Keep that in mind.

--------

So for the yuming bandwagon:

Merk had his case.

The next three votes were "I agree with this case, and will vote yuming."

The next three were "Well, it's either yuming or narc, and I think yuming is scummier."

QPQ trusted merk's gut.

Narc and Garth hammered.

Merk seemed to be the only one to actually put any thought into that case. I thought it was a pretty weak case.

MMT was not on the bandwagon, but had she been here around the deadline, I believe she would have voted for yuming, so consider her on the bandwagon.

Based on what we see here, I find QPQ's vote the scummiest, although I am not fond of opop's vote either.

Can you explain your logic re MMT?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Let's assume Anon is town though. That means scum could relax and vote for whomever they liked without fear of dying. The votes then would be pretty chaotic, there wouldn't be any kind of coordination since none would be needed.

Hmmm.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Can you explain your logic re MMT?

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm getting a scum vibe on yuming. If she was town I'd expect more of an effort to actually confirm/explain what it is about Ecco that she finds scummy; this seems more like an attempt to visibly have an opinion for the sake of not arousing suspicion.

In MMT's posts, she never once mentioned a scum vibe from Narc, but she did have the read on yuming.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

Let's assume Anon is town though. That means scum could relax and vote for whomever they liked without fear of dying. The votes then would be pretty chaotic, there wouldn't be any kind of coordination since none would be needed.

Hmmm.

If that was chaotic voting, I find it interesting that mine was the only one (minus MMT, see previous post) that wasn't on one of the two bandwagons.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

Hmmm.

I'm not convinced that Anon is town, however if a better case develops I don't care so much about this one that I would refuse to move.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

OmegaGoo posted:

If that was chaotic voting, I find it interesting that mine was the only one (minus MMT, see previous post) that wasn't on one of the two bandwagons.

well if it was chaotic it's more that we'd expect about equal number of scum on both votes, since scum hate all voting for the same person for some reason. But looking at the Anon voters they read to me as fairly townie; I guess I'm neutral on imgay but I got an okay feeling about the rest (and that Ecco player is incredible in every way! beautiful, intelligent, persuasive, and kind but just! would that we were all like Ecco).

maybe MMT (or you goo) could be lazy scum who just wasn't around at deadline, and most of the remaining scum just happened to fall on yuming, but, I dunno, it doesn't feel right.

I like the idea of Anon being scum though since that makes a number of the yuming voters look really bad, but, that doesn't make Anon scum.

I am kinda tired and haven't eaten yet so I'm gonna ruminate on this for a while more.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The case isn't that yuming wasn't scum so Narco must be, the case is that Narco is posting in a scummy matter.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

The case isn't that yuming wasn't scum so Narco must be, the case is that Narco is posting in a scummy matter.

I know but I'm looking at it from the perspective of how scum would have voted knowing what they knew. If Anon was scum we'd expect all the scum piling onto yuming and never letting Anon be a real candidate (which feels like what happened).

I'm supporting the argument Keane.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

I know but I'm looking at it from the perspective of how scum would have voted knowing what they knew. If Anon was scum we'd expect all the scum piling onto yuming and never letting Anon be a real candidate (which feels like what happened).

I'm supporting the argument Keane.

Ecco I don't care what you have to say Chicago style pizza isn't real pizza.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EccoRaven posted:

If Anon was scum we'd expect all the scum piling onto yuming and never letting Anon be a real candidate (which feels like what happened).

I disagree with this. I think scum would be spread on D1 at least in case the role that yuming could be used against them.

I also don't like you trying to clear everyone not on the lunch yesterday, as well as your telling people you think I'm town.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Birdstrike posted:

I disagree with this. I think scum would be spread on D1 at least in case the role that yuming could be used against them.

I also don't like you trying to clear everyone not on the lunch yesterday, as well as your telling people you think I'm town.

I can say from personal experience that when a scumbuddy is on the line scumbuddies don't bus if they can help it. They vote for the townie and hope momentum takes hold.

I am not trying to clear everyone not in the vote, I'm just saying I don't personally get scum vibes from Keane or PMom and I'm quite neutral on imgay and garth, whereas I do think Opop is quite scummy.

I think you're town how dare I

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

Why would the scum expect yuming's role to exist in the game?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote merk Sorry, can't deal with a racist in this tournament.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

Why would the scum expect yuming's role to exist in the game?

It's something I've come across before, I can't speak for the scum sorry.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm confused why yuming wouldn't claim. It's not like she wasn't here at the end. She could have easily turned the tide with that claim.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

imgay posted:

##vote merk Sorry, can't deal with a racist in this tournament.

Yeah, pretty rough news for the Hulkster. Guess I'm dropping the PR.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhwj_zb77fU&t=55s

##vote anarc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Yeah, pretty rough news for the Hulkster. Guess I'm dropping the PR.

Merk what are your thoughts on Anarc now?

Especially in light of yuming's read on her?

• Locked thread