Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##unvote

Actually Mith, are you even the SK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:ghost: Good luck town! :ghost:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Is it possible there isn't a serial killer?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

chaoslord posted:

##vote Roy

Congrats Mith

It's not me

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

chaoslord posted:

##vote Roy

Congrats Mith

For... losing? Town is done no matter what, as far as I can tell, so why would I lie at this point? I'm town. You are either town or godfather. I don't care which nontown wins, I'm not going to play god, so I'm just going to follow your lead.

##vote Roy

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
##unvote

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Is it possible there isn't a serial killer?

That hadn't occurred to me

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Mithross posted:

For... losing? Town is done no matter what, as far as I can tell, so why would I lie at this point? I'm town. You are either town or godfather. I don't care which nontown wins, I'm not going to play god, so I'm just going to follow your lead.

##vote Roy

Still not me

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Sorry for scattered posts, I'm on my phone sneaking mafia time at work.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Mithross posted:

Sorry for scattered posts, I'm on my phone sneaking mafia time at work.

I am chicken meatloaf, vanilla town.

Chaos, it will be important to look at Mithross and kashuno

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Try to give the game to the SK and they don't want it. Goodness. Ok, I'm out and about, I'll read when I get home

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Everyone needs to claim though. I'm VT as well.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Crust less quiche, vanilla town.

Seriously, if it were 2, 1, and 1, town has lost. There's no harm in sk claiming.

If it's 2 and 2, game should have ended.

If it's 3 and 1, I'm very confused.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Vanilla town over here.

So far the only people I'm positive about are myself and chaos. If there are two non-town factions, it doesn't really matter at this point. Lynch or not, the game is over for us

If there is only one non-town faction, it's safe to assume there's 1 scum and 3 town, so we need to be extremely careful here. Chaos my question from before jake ended himself is still there; what're you thinking for today?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

My original thought was Roy for scum and Mith for SK. I debated whether or not Somber was a mod kill but dismissed it because those are usually tagged as such. That's what it's starting to look like, though. Need to read when I get home

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Vanilla town over here.

So far the only people I'm positive about are myself and chaos. If there are two non-town factions, it doesn't really matter at this point. Lynch or not, the game is over for us

I dont necessarily believe this is the case, but chaos could be the godfather. So look as closely at him as you do everyone else.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh right, he would show up innocent to cops.

So this may be a sorta out there suggestion, but what if we no lynch today? If it's split 2/1/1, we could end up surviving if we are lucky and they get each other. If it's 3/1, then they kill someone at night and town gets one more day to make a case. For town, that seems the best plan to me. We don't have any way at this point to be sure who isn't town aligned, and at best we guess and it happens to be the right one. At least with one more day we increase the odds.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mithross posted:

I dont necessarily believe this is the case, but chaos could be the godfather. So look as closely at him as you do everyone else.

I understand why you're saying this but if I were scum I would not have unvoted and would already have won haha.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

Oh right, he would show up innocent to cops.

So this may be a sorta out there suggestion, but what if we no lynch today? If it's split 2/1/1, we could end up surviving if we are lucky and they get each other. If it's 3/1, then they kill someone at night and town gets one more day to make a case. For town, that seems the best plan to me. We don't have any way at this point to be sure who isn't town aligned, and at best we guess and it happens to be the right one. At least with one more day we increase the odds.

Been toying with that idea too. I think, though, if it's 3/1 scum would hold off the night kill and forcing us to make a decision.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

chaoslord posted:

I understand why you're saying this but if I were scum I would not have unvoted and would already have won haha.

That's why I said I didn't necessarily believe it. It would be a weird, silly play, and super unlikely.

Mostly I said it so kush would remember the possibility in future games.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Sure what the hell. I can't make heads or tails of things yet anyway.

##vote epsilon plus

going back over.. rereading what everybody has done.

Chaos, you asked Kash if they would be willing to switch votes, it is was very casual for them to do so. This is really weird.

For somebody who "couldn't make heads or tails" of what was going on, they had no problem casting numerous votes, and I'm not talking about joke votes.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Not really much to explain. I didn't have a real read on anyone and more just did it for fun.

also woops I didn't know watcher is a role and I look like a serious jackass for not knowing that :(

Just lynching people "for fun" does not sit well with me.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Kashuno posted:

I still don't think I have a great understanding of how things work, but I can definitely say after how the later part of d1 and the early part of d2 turned out, I got a lot more insight into things. I think I've made it clear already that I'm not confident enough in my votes to go out and try and convince others by myself or even lead the train on anyone yet.

Once again, pretty sure if I was being coached I would be making better plays. Especially d1.

I don't quite get what Madman was talking about when he was saying that it felt like Kashuno was being coached.

But there is this argument of "making better plays" but the thing is, Kash hasn't really made much along the line of plays. They have been heavily influenced by others... casting a vote to lynch "for fun" because they were told to.

The thing that keeps me from saying KASH must be scum, is that in between these votes, they tend to say things that are pro town. But they are things that are really, really safe, and have at times been said by other individuals.

Kashuno posted:

Alright well with 35 min to go and Uranus at -1, I'm heading to bed. I guess I'll see the outcome in the morning.

People have lives outside of mafia, but 35 min isn't a lot. It seems a little weird at such a tense time they would just walk off.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
We've gone over this. Hell it was even gone over d1. First day of my first game, my gameplay sucked I had no idea what I was doing or how to read people well or anything; might as well go where things seem to be going. We are almost 30 pages in at this point if I didn't get the hang of the game by now I would've been gone d2, especially toward the end pressure was built on me hard.

As for "walking off" 35 minutes early, lol dude I went to bed that's quite a stretch there.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

That mostly wraps up things on Kash.

To sum up.. that vote for fun doesn't sit will with me.
They play the rest of the game really, really safe.

Kashuno posted:

You're making a ton more sense today than you did yesterday. I can actually follow your train of thought and everything you're saying makes sense. I think I believe your claim.

##vote JakeP

Their vote on JakeP feels good though.
Being the second one in and all.

Here is the thing. I think Jake voted himself for a strategic reason... something worth thinking about.
If JakeP didn't vote himself... it means that either Mithross or I would have cast the vote.
If Mith is scum.... and he doesn't vote, then it leaves him standing alone.
Putting the vote in before I could (which I would have done had I been around) puts Mith and I in the same boat. People have doubts about me.. so by putting Mith and I into the potential scum pile... odds of hitting scum reduced?

The downside of that argument is that I suppose that works both ways....

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Kashuno posted:

We've gone over this. Hell it was even gone over d1. First day of my first game, my gameplay sucked I had no idea what I was doing or how to read people well or anything; might as well go where things seem to be going. We are almost 30 pages in at this point if I didn't get the hang of the game by now I would've been gone d2, especially toward the end pressure was built on me hard.

As for "walking off" 35 minutes early, lol dude I went to bed that's quite a stretch there.

I am just going over stuff and posting my thoughts.
My head is on the block here too, so I might as well try and make sure the right person gets killed.
Looking everything over... I feel much better about you.

I've not gone over all the Mithross stuff again yet.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Roydrowsy posted:

I am just going over stuff and posting my thoughts.
My head is on the block here too, so I might as well try and make sure the right person gets killed.
Looking everything over... I feel much better about you.

I've not gone over all the Mithross stuff again yet.

Gotcha. I posted that before your second analysis came out. I'll wait and read them.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

HiipFire posted:

yeah please point out potential soft claims so that scum can spot power roles good one

Looking at Hiip's time here...

This is in response to GG putting together a list of flavor claims. While the response might look town at first, people are saying poo poo like "I'm chicken meat loaf" "I'm fish tacos" so perhaps they were pushing a little too hard to look town alligned?

Other than that Hiip's posts are rather benign. Stuff about undoing the jokeposts, stuff like that. No strong convictions overall, but posting enough to be noticed, just not really stand out.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Asiina posted:

Asiina was still cooking her pot roast because it takes 8 hours and it's only been 4, but she was hungry waiting for it to cook, so decides to have some lunch. There's not much in the fridge, but she digs around back there until she finds a pan wrapped in tinfoil. What could this be? Is it delicious and nutritious riced cauliflower? Peeling back the tinfoil she looks into the pan and sees gooey orange noodles. Oh god, Mac and Cheese! Mac and Cheese is delicious but the carbs and the calories are insane! No, this has to go. She scoops the food into the garbage and instead has a scrambled egg and a babybel. Much better.

JakeP, Mac and Cheese, scum-aligned ninja was thrown out D3.

It is now N3. Actions as quick as possible please.

This flavor stuff suggests that scum were likely given fake claims for food items...not super relevant, but still..

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I wonder if Mith so that Chaos had unvoted before they cast their vote.

They were split on the page.
They did provide some explanation, but that explanation was pretty much "I'm just going to do what you do"

That vote and unvote look weird to me... like they lost their nerve when they saw Chaos undid their vote.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

otherwise... Mithross has also played a fairly safe and noncontroversial game. Limited contributions to what was going on.

I wish I had something stronger than that at this time, but there really just isn't much of substance to work with.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

how do we explain the two kills in one night? is there a theory beyond SK?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Roydrowsy posted:

how do we explain the two kills in one night? is there a theory beyond SK?

The only other option is "Mod kill" involved somewhere but we still have an unexplained visit to Somber with everyone claiming VT so it has to be a SK surely.

Mithross had to be the one to visit Somber because Somber was convinced that the person who visited him was town and thought you, Roy, were scum.

I'm back to where I started on the night and thinking me and Kash are town and you two are scum + SK.

The interesting thing is which is which? Until now I assumed the person who visited Somber (Mith) was the SK, but what if the scum tried to take out somber and the SK nailed the doctor? That would make Roy the SK and Mith the Scum.

Fun to think about.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

No, probably not. Scum had a ninja kill so they likely had Jake kill the doctor because they knew it couldn't be watched. Meanwhile, the SK saw it as an opportunity to take out the watcher (or try to anyway) because that's the one person who could catch them in the act. Too bad the doc was on them.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

It essentially boils down to this: if you think there is a serial killer and a scum, we should no lynch. The only way we can win in that scenario is if the two hit each other (even if sk is bulletproof, we have a shot. If they're both bp, we lose anyway)

If you think there's just the one scum left, we should find and lynch him. It's possible this was a game with two scum, who had an extra night kill or something. I like roy best for a single scum scenario, but honestly none of you stand out. All three of you have done things that would be inexplicable if you are scum

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

If we are truly 3 town 1 scum, no lynch is the best option. Maybe they take the opportunity to kill, maybe they don't, but either way might as well make a chance. IF scum acts, I'll probably be the one to go since I have the cop result on me.

That said, I am 100% convinced there is a Serial Killer. If Ninja Jake didn't kill the doctor I might just quit mafia forever because this game has broken me from all the :psyduck: things that happened. So why does scum also visit somber? Honestly, in an 11 person game with a ninja scum, I feel like the other scum has to be vanilla. And then that makes the setup 9 town 2 scum?

If not SK, that means the second scum was either a 2x nightvig, which, at that point go ahead and just make a SK role, or they had a 1x nightvig and also some other ability that lets them visit.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

chaoslord posted:

[b]And if no SK/b] then that makes the setup 9 town 2 scum?

Mafia edit

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I need to think this over and there is no rush, but the only condition I'll consider a no lynch on is if I am the hammer vote so that if it really is scum + SK the final vote cant be "Vote, also Scum claim I'm gonna target [x] SK please target [y] so we draw :hfive:"

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

chaoslord posted:

I need to think this over and there is no rush, but the only condition I'll consider a no lynch on is if I am the hammer vote so that if it really is scum + SK the final vote cant be "Vote, also Scum claim I'm gonna target [x] SK please target [y] so we draw :hfive:"

If you need to be the hammer vote, I am ok with that. That said, scum loses vs sk under most mods anyway, even if the scum is a bp godfather (not 100% sure about asiina), so it wouldn't draw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Well, I don't think we lose anything if we no lynch today. In the 2/1/1 split, we have the possibility of them killing each other. We also have the possibility one kills the other, and one holds their kill hoping the other will too, resulting in a better chance for town. If they both hold their kill, we are in no worse shape than we are now.

If it's 3/1 and scum takes the kill, we go from a 25% to a 33% chance of getting them. If they hold, we are in no worse position than we are now.

• Locked thread