Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Kelp Plankton posted:

You should be feeding duplicates to the same ones you have to power up their super moves FYI

Wait, what? How do you tell the power of the super move?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I lucked out on an SSR Vegeta as well

A/c is 876377108

Esroc posted:

Someone should tell the devs that in-app purchases only work if you give the player incentive. Because after about 50 stones the best I've gotten is an SR Chiaotzu, and if that's the kind of drop rate they want to offer I'm not at all compelled to spend real money on their game.

I've noticed this with OPTC as well. I'm happy to spend a couple of bucks on the game but the drop rates are so low, even during rate up events, that it's not paying real money to roll. There's also not much you can do with the gems/jewels so there's little incentive to buy anything at all.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Kegslayer posted:

I've noticed this with OPTC as well. I'm happy to spend a couple of bucks on the game but the drop rates are so low, even during rate up events, that it's not paying real money to roll. There's also not much you can do with the gems/jewels so there's little incentive to buy anything at all.
I'm not down for digging through NeoGAF's OPTC megathread atm but there was infamously a meltdown by someone who dropped $500 trying to roll a Whitebeard when he first became available

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Finally rolled my third SR - Mr. Satan, Goku, and now Vegeta.

Which is great, because all my R's leveled to SRs are capped at 60. :(

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Webbeh posted:

Wait, what? How do you tell the power of the super move?

Here's Goku! He's a Z-awakened SR, but his Super Move is at level 1 because I've never found another one of him.

Here's his best buddy Krillin! He's a Z-awakened R, but I've found 3 of him and crammed them all together, so his Super Move is 3.

When you combine two identical characters, it bumps up their Super Move on the Training screen.

This makes their super do a lot more damage. That Krillin is a loving beast.

Hope this helps :)

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

Hope this helps :)

Holy poo poo, I've been playing this game the wrong way the entire time.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Listen to this nice man explain how to level up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPM5u8ugg9Q

Also everyone should get a Super ATK 10 Chinese Gohan.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
New event coming up this evening:

quote:

The event will last the next nine days, starting today. We'll initially get 5 Dragon Stones & 5 Mr. Popo medals. Each day, players will receive 1 Senzu Bean item and 53,000 Zeni.

Keep a watch on your giftbox starting today at 16:00 PDT.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'll crosspost from the Android thread, as suggested.

My main team is Saiyans/Ginyu/a robot featuring the event SR Vegeta, the R Pilaf Fusion Machine the SR Burter (AGI), Recoome (PHY), Nappa(TEQ) and the R Jeice (STR). Jeice is REALLY good Z-Awakened. +1000 attack if he goes first and even better if I get Burter to go first. Tough as Nails and Brutal Beatdown tie Nappa and the Pilaf Robot in with the Ginyu guys. Almost any set of 3 here has good links. I wish the SR AGI Goku I had fit in better, but he has no Saiyan links, so he's basically stuck on Z-Warrior teams, which is lame since he was my starter pull.

I also built a respectable World Tournament Reborn team. This is led by a R AGI Videl that I Z-Awakened, with the Z-Awakened N Hercule (INT), Jewel (TEQ), Killa (STR), and Pintar (AGI). Also that PHY Recoome because I needed a PHY guy and why not Recoome? Z-Awakening's type modifications cover a lot of the gap left by these guys being mostly R*.

Really, I feel like Z-Awakening Rs is the way to go at least in the mid-game. The Super and Extreme <attribute> bonus is really nice. That World Tournament team should be junk by all reckoning, but they hold up okay. My only decent INT fighter is that Pilaf Robot, too, so I'm focusing on getting them up to snuff with a Z-Awaken.

I've spent too much money, but oh well. I need Captain Ginyu and Guldo, then poo poo can get REAL.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm having a really hard time getting INT people that don't suck.. I wonder if their stats are all weighted funny. I had an INT SR Zarbon, but I already use a different Zarbon on my team, so I let a INT SR Dr. Gero eat him. I'm not too fond of him either, but meh.. unless I get Piccolo or Gohan, I guess I'm stuck with him.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Listen to this nice man explain how to level up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPM5u8ugg9Q

Also everyone should get a Super ATK 10 Chinese Gohan.

How do you go about getting more than one Gohan? I just re-played the final mission and got nothing.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

How do you go about getting more than one Gohan? I just re-played the final mission and got nothing.

You get one every time you clear the last stage on Normal. You don't get it on hard or z-hard.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Echophonic posted:

You get one every time you clear the last stage on Normal. You don't get it on hard or z-hard.

Wow, that seems like a bit of an oversight... oh well. That attack of his is insane.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

Wow, that seems like a bit of an oversight... oh well. That attack of his is insane.

The event tells you that's how it works. The Goku event doesn't even have a fight in Z-Hard if you re-do it, so it's intentional.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Echophonic posted:

So after getting Gohan initially you can then just grind the lowest difficulty for infinite Gohan's to max one out with? Because if so I know how I'm spending my stamina today. Kid Gohan is a drat beast and is easily the hardest hitter on my team right now.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Esroc posted:

So after getting Gohan initially you can then just grind the lowest difficulty for infinite Gohan's to max one out with? Because if so I know how I'm spending my stamina today. Kid Gohan is a drat beast and is easily the hardest hitter on my team right now.

I've been grinding for the SR Tao to no success, so I might as well try this.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, it took me like two solid days of grinding to get Vegeta, I doubt Tao will be any different. At least I have a drat good set of AGI guys to pound on him with.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Are you guys going for 1 of each type, or some overlapping types and using a color as a "wildcard", or what is your strategy?

I was attempting 1 of each type, but ended up with overlapping Blues and Greens.. I keep flip-flopping my Int/Phy slot because I don't have anyone great to fill that niche. I was using a R Z-awakened Chi-Chi until I landed a bunch of Krillins, which upped his Super enough for him to be more viable than her. If I found an SR+ Str, I'd replace him pretty quickly..

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

Are you guys going for 1 of each type, or some overlapping types and using a color as a "wildcard", or what is your strategy?

I was attempting 1 of each type, but ended up with overlapping Blues and Greens.. I keep flip-flopping my Int/Phy slot because I don't have anyone great to fill that niche. I was using a R Z-awakened Chi-Chi until I landed a bunch of Krillins, which upped his Super enough for him to be more viable than her. If I found an SR+ Str, I'd replace him pretty quickly..

Really depends on what I'm doing, but I feel like I do better with a balanced team. I feel like having good links and at least having someone to take neutral or reduced damage most of the time is way better than doubling down on a good leader ability like Vegeta's. I was running three AGI guys and was getting rocked by any TEQ trash that came down the road and that's stopped while still leaving Vegeta and Burter to be my big special guys.

Now, Z-Awakened AGI guys obviate a bit of that need, so go whole hog if you have a bunch of AGI SR/SR*s and Saiyan Elite Vegeta or a 15 or 20% attack boost guy like Jeice (STR), Android 19 (PHY), or Gohan (TEQ).

Kid Gohan is a fantastic leader for a Z-Warriors team, for example. It's pretty easy to rack up at least R* Tien, Yamcha, and Chiaotzu and a Goku.

I've had a hell of a time finding a good INT character. I seriously have two. A R* Chaiotzu and my freshly SR* Fusion Machine Pilaf. Pilaf is pretty good, though, has the fantastic Brutal Beatdown link and a +1200 atk with a 5 Ki meter passive.

Edit: I am up to my neck in SR AGIs, dang. I have Vegeta, Burter, Goku, and now Piccolo. There's also a SR* Videl in there.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jul 24, 2015

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Anyone found a particularly effective way to grind awakening medals? Also I'm torn on spending stones for pulls but my team is kinda bad so I'm feeling like it's slowing my progress. Or am I better off waiting for a rate up event?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

vulturesrow posted:

Anyone found a particularly effective way to grind awakening medals? Also I'm torn on spending stones for pulls but my team is kinda bad so I'm feeling like it's slowing my progress. Or am I better off waiting for a rate up event?

Just stack up whatever you can that's strong against the type of medal you're getting, forget links and anything else. I.E. TEQ medals loving suck since nobody has any INT. One you start getting Z-Awakened characters of that type, they're good picks for the medal stages, too.

Also, just spend the stones on some pulls. That's all they're really good for, save a few for increases, but you need those Rs and SRs to get stuff done. Also there's no point in saving for a 50-pull, since there's no rare bonus or extra pull, so it's the same as 10 5-pulls.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 24, 2015

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Echophonic posted:

Just stack up whatever you can that's strong against the type of medal you're getting, forget links and anything else. I.E. TEQ medals loving suck since nobody has any INT. One you start getting Z-Awakened characters of that type, they're good picks for the medal stages, too.

Also, just spend the stones on some pulls. That's all they're really good for, save a few for increases, but you need those Rs and SRs to get stuff done. Also there's no point in saving for a 50-pull, since there's no rare bonus or extra pull, so it's the same as 10 5-pulls.

It's there a list somewhere of what levels have which medals? Also my hesitation on spending stones is from my PAD days.. :)

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Yeah, my Chinese Gohan has a Special Attack of 10, and regularly hits for up to 30k. It's ridiculous.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

vulturesrow posted:

It's there a list somewhere of what levels have which medals? Also my hesitation on spending stones is from my PAD days.. :)

If you want specific medals, they daily ones are really your best bet, same as any other gacha game. I'm pretty sure any other medals (or other capsule) for that matter are random among the rarity.

Seems like most things use the common medals and only differentiate when you get up to R.

I mean, I have no idea if they're going to do rate up events, but I look at it as "I can have fun now before I get bored" rather than "maybe I'll have a better shot of something cool later".

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jul 24, 2015

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

cptn_dr posted:

Yeah, my Chinese Gohan has a Special Attack of 10, and regularly hits for up to 30k. It's ridiculous.

Is 10 the highest it can go for any character?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

ChronoReverse posted:

Is 10 the highest it can go for any character?

Yeah, I think so.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, seems like it's 10. I can't add any more to Gohan from further Gohans.

Finally beat the stupid Ginyu Force level. It's very much a team variation check. Also if you have a Senzu Bean or a Dende because it's like 4 boss fights in a row.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, seems like it's 10. I can't add any more to Gohan from further Gohans.

Finally beat the stupid Ginyu Force level. It's very much a team variation check. Also if you have a Senzu Bean or a Dende because it's like 4 boss fights in a row.
Everything after that Ginyu level has been so much easier

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

It is actually probably worth saving your stones for one of the events that is sure to come soon, where the drop rates for rarer cards are increased.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
this dragonball poopin game is way more complicated that treasure cruise i barely know whats going theres so much UI

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I think I'm obsessed with this game. I can't stop.

Also, I had 10 stones or so saved up from going back through Hard mode, plus the event stones that we got today, and I did 3 rolls. I consider myself very lucky to this point, but goddamn that was some garbage. Jeice, Chiaotzu, and the Pilaf Gang robot. What a loving waste.

I got both R Nale and R Piccolo from a friendship roll.. also useless with my team. At least they're decent training fodder.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Jeice and the Pilaf robot really need links to shine, I think. I use both on my team and Jeice is a real beatstick, that +1000 atk for going second is drat nice. Even better if you get a Burter to pair with him, then he's one of my heaviest hitters.

The Pilaf robot has Brutal Beatdown with Nappa and Recoome, who generally seem to be pretty strong no matter the incarnation. I mean, if I ever get a Ginyu or Guldo it's gone, but seems solid enough for now, especially after a Z-Awakening, considering how few INT guys there seem to be.

Edit: Aww yeah, got Cyborg Tao.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 25, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Can I mention PAD in here? I've been playing PAD for 700 days. They gave me 10 stones last night for my 700th day.

I've also been playing Final Fantasy Legends: Toki no Suishō and now I'm going to try this dragon ball game. I think I need an intervention.

Allarion posted:

So is this thread gonna link up to the other gatcha game threads in Games? Admittedly there's a bunch of them.

Also I'm still hoping on Bamco to localize one of their Gundam gatcha games.

I used to play SD Gundam G Gen Frontier or whatever and I'll just say this about it: It was one of the best gacha games until recently. They introduced a new rarity into the game and started balancing towards it, which basically made rolling for anything else completely pointless and in turn, if you failed to get the latest one every month your team was almost useless for the rest of the month.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jul 25, 2015

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Chinook posted:

It is actually probably worth saving your stones for one of the events that is sure to come soon, where the drop rates for rarer cards are increased.

I ended up using a couple pulls and got an SR and an R. Team seems to be holding up much better now. Now I'll just just hoard stones PAD style.Is the Cyborg Tao event worth burning stamina on?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

vulturesrow posted:

I ended up using a couple pulls and got an SR and an R. Team seems to be holding up much better now. Now I'll just just hoard stones PAD style.Is the Cyborg Tao event worth burning stamina on?

Think it has about the same drop rate as the Vegeta event did. Depends on whether or not you need an SR Strength, I suppose

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Nuebot posted:

Can I mention PAD in here? I've been playing PAD for 700 days. They gave me 10 stones last night for my 700th day.

I've also been playing Final Fantasy Legends: Toki no Suishō and now I'm going to try this dragon ball game. I think I need an intervention.

There's a point where your cycle of gacha games never ends because by the time one energy bar is depleted, another has completely recharged. Even more so if it's a gacha game with decent playtime per energy, which I feel Dragonball does well with. I can only juggle approximately 3 games though and Dragonball's probably getting dropped when Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light comes out over here.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

I' laughed so hard at this; I am such a child.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/3dtkrx/was_bummed_i_only_got_another_rare_instead_of/

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Allarion posted:

There's a point where your cycle of gacha games never ends because by the time one energy bar is depleted, another has completely recharged. Even more so if it's a gacha game with decent playtime per energy, which I feel Dragonball does well with. I can only juggle approximately 3 games though and Dragonball's probably getting dropped when Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light comes out over here.

What are your gachas of choice then?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Allarion posted:

FFL is pretty good about it too. Is Super Light coming over for sure though? I played it in Japanese for a while but there was just way too much to keep up with and not enough of it was stuff I could translate and I deleted it out of frustration. Second I find out that's in English I'm grabbing it again.

Anyway I got Android 17 as my starter and I see there's a Freeza/Cooler machine and I kind of want to roll on it as soon as I get 50 crystals because I am a dork who likes the freezers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'm guessing the Cooler thing is in the Japanese version? U.S. Doesn't have any of that yet

Finally got my team entirely SRs(and a SSR leader) with full type coverage and good links. Doubled up on blue because Roshi has a kamehameha link with my SSR Goku and my Cell, and that's a real nice boost for all three of their supers, which come up frequently.

Can't decide between my SR orange options though. Got a Raditz who links with Goku and a Recoome who's much higher level. Going to try to use Raditz I guess?

I could really use another SSR though. Or any form of Vegeta. He's my favorite dude and I haven't gotten any of him.