Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Twitter, forever answering the question, Yes, there is in fact a worse fan than the one you think of. It tumblr and TV tropes have made filtering poo poo opinions so much easier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

quote:

I personally think you take any major match, and add a 3rd guy, hell even a 4th guy, and 7 times out 10 it would make it better.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Well I mean that depends on what you mean by "major match" and who the third and fourth guys are. Adding Misawa and Kobashi to the average TNA main event probably wouldn't hurt.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Onmi posted:

Twitter, forever answering the question, Yes, there is in fact a worse fan than the one you think of. It tumblr and TV tropes have made filtering poo poo opinions so much easier

I think it's a post from TNA Mecca, which makes it even worse than Twitter.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

dsriggs posted:

I think it's a post from TNA Mecca, which makes it even worse than Twitter.

Yup, one of the two moderators in fact.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I Before E posted:

Well I mean that depends on what you mean by "major match" and who the third and fourth guys are. Adding Misawa and Kobashi to the average TNA main event probably wouldn't hurt.

Even in their current states.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Someone on The Board rightly pointed out that BigDawg is from the UK and could not possibly have purchased a TNA PPV even if he wanted to.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Onmi posted:

you already said this five posts earlier and it was a bad enough post the first time

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Dr. rear end posted:

you already said this five posts earlier and it was a bad enough post the first time

that time Twitter wasn't included (even though nobody mentioned Twitter in between the two posts). In any case we can no doubt expect the post to recur and expand every time Omni thinks of another website where they saw an opinion they found laughable

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Dr. rear end posted:

Yes it was a repition of a previous post, not unlike many "Mods please change my name to X" posts, with the website changing and then being added to the list, the ultimate end goal would be to just put "Something Awful" because ultimately every website has the worst fans.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

mods please change my name to X

because I'm gonna give it to ya

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Onmi posted:

because ultimately every website has the worst fans.

Did not know you posted on every website, please list your usernames

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mob posted:

mods please change my name to X

because I'm gonna give it to ya

loling hard

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
mods change my name to Yes it was a repition of a previous post, not unlike many "Mods please change my name to X" posts, with the website changing and then being added to the list, the ultimate end goal would be to just put "Something Awful" because ultimately every website has the worst fans.

edit: please

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Mods ban everyone please, tia

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

make me mod

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

mods change my name to oatgan and oatgan's name to mine tia

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I Before E posted:

mods change my name to oatgan and oatgan's name to mine tia

this but switch their avatars also

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Mods please take their faces...off

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I don't know where to look for these things, but are there legions of Hulkamaniacs and/or white supremacists flooding the internet to defend Hogan?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

I don't know where to look for these things, but are there legions of Hulkamaniacs and/or white supremacists flooding the internet to defend Hogan?

The Board (I'm not kidding)

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I mentioned in the Hogan Fired thread but I saw a lot of people on Twitter call WWE petty and hypocritical for getting rid of Hogan when they've done storylines like the Booker/HHH title feud, DX in blackface mockng the Nation of Domination, and Cryme Tyme.

Like, would it really be so much better for WWE to keep Hogan on after this story broke, would you praise them for sticking to their principles?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

http://www.tnamecca.com/2015/07/time-to-get-it-together.html?spref=tw

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

These reads exactly like a desperate plea to an abusive spouse

Aesop Poprock fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jul 24, 2015

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
MisterTNA has spoken...

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

triplexpac posted:

If you're American you can check the Facebook page for any of your local CBS/NBC/ABC/FOX news affiliates and if they have a story about it you will be rewarded. I sure was.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mob posted:

If you're American you can check the Facebook page for any of your local CBS/NBC/ABC/FOX news affiliates and if they have a story about it you will be rewarded. I sure was.

this is from one of my local papers

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

DynamiteKidd posted:

I mentioned in the Hogan Fired thread but I saw a lot of people on Twitter call WWE petty and hypocritical for getting rid of Hogan when they've done storylines like the Booker/HHH title feud, DX in blackface mockng the Nation of Domination, and Cryme Tyme.

Like, would it really be so much better for WWE to keep Hogan on after this story broke, would you praise them for sticking to their principles?

The point is that they shouldn't have done those things hope this helps

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

triplexpac posted:

@nasboat found a ton of them eariler today if you check out his account.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

but enough about Farmers Only profiles, share some from the news

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Michael Hayes twitter sockpuppet account spotted.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
wrong twitter thread n/m

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Presented without comment.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

ShootaBoy posted:

That right thur's a comment my friend

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

ShootaBoy posted:

Signed Jeff Jarrett.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Not sure where the best place for this is, but it's definitely about Stupid Opinions so this is as good as place as any.

I was at a PROGRESS Wrestling show in London on Sunday, and it was excellent as always. The champion was a guy named Jimmy Havoc, who's been the nastiest most evil loving bastard of a heel for two years. Everyone wants to see him lose the belt, but every time he manages to hold onto it. Havoc turned heel by attacking the babyface promoter Jim Smallman, and since then he's been taunting and tormenting the guy by not only holding onto the belt but forcing Smallman to count his pinfalls just to rub salt in the wound.

At the same time they've been building up this high-flyer called Will Ospreay. He's young, good looking, the most babyfacest babyface in the world. About a year ago he went to the top rope to do a 630 and ended up hurting himself, and since then they've done this angle where he's too scared to do the move so he does other finishes instead. Ospreay had a couple of shots at the belt before last weekend, but he either got screwed by Havoc's minions or got tripped up when he hesitated hitting the 630. At the last show he won a 16 man tournament to win another title shot, and every single person in the crowd was dying to see him win at last.

Like I said the show was great, and it ended with Ospreay hitting the 630 for the first time since his injury and Smallman counting the pin. Everything made sense, it was built up perfectly, and when Smallman counted 3 the roof came off the place. It was a perfect moment.

The reason I'm writing this here is because the first half of the show was ruined for me by this loving guy standing right behind me, who spent the first few matches talking very very loudly about how he books his own promotion, and how he could do certain things better than PROGRESS, and how he knows Vince Russo. Turns out Russo actually works with this guy and gives him booking advice. He said that while the beloved babyface beating the hated heel to send everyone home happy would be the expected ending, both he and Russo agreed that it would be better to do something unexpected to ~~swerve~~ the fans. The idea that these intellectual titans came up with was a double turn, with the heel-turned-face beating the face-turned-heel to retain the belt, and continue the chase for another few months with the roles reversed. The only justification he gave was that people wouldn't see it coming, and so it was intrinsically better. Plus even though fans said they wanted to see Havoc lose, they fact that they kept coming to shows proved they didn't really want that at all (???). There was no hint of a double turn before the match, there's no shades of grey in either guy's character, no-one wanted or would have appreciated a double turn in that match.

When I asked the guy whether he'd be worried that fans would get pissed off with that finish and stop coming to shows, his response was that since the show had sold out quickly they could afford to lose a couple of hundred fans (out of 700 there that night) because there'd always be plenty more to take their place. I was literally speechless. This guy is responsible for trying to draw as many fans as possible, and he's telling me it's ok to drive a significant proportion away for no real reason. A businessman who fucks up the simplest most elementary aspect of business.

I've occasionally asked myself what kind of idiot would hire Vince Russo in 2015. Now I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Russo has never had a booking idea that wasn't "book the heels as faces, book the faces as dumbos"