Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

Why even make a distinction. The fact that you have to point out your bonus isn't spectacular seems like you're trying to deliberately downplay whatever you have.

This is a trap. If he hadn't said anything about his bonus, someone would have asked, given how drastically different his requirements are. You even already speculated it was a vig of some sort.

Unless it is something great, and he's lying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Why even make a distinction. The fact that you have to point out your bonus isn't spectacular seems like you're trying to deliberately downplay whatever you have.

I don't want people tripping over themselves to get their artifacts to me. While I'll take them, I'd much rather they go to someone for who their usage would be more useful.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
wow u guyz makin game v easy for scums to vote on me

im glad at least that I gave away my valuable artifct before i will die, and anon narc can feel shame for voting me completely based on setup spec (or is scum who knows)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i will say anon narc vote on me is the worst but that isn't a alignment call she could be legit bad

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
whats y'alls favorite sea shanty?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
anyway this is my win condition:

1933 The Great Depression
1950 Zepplin factory opened in seoul
1962 World War 3

if i complete that i abscond and win, but i also win if i survive, since I dont understand my first win condition i just want to survive

im squa tront am war aligned, and something abouit Radiation: divine creator

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i have no mission so i dont need artifact cards and could have traded it for some other type of card but wanted to give my painting away as a sign of goodwill and also because i dont know what cards do

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i will now spend the rest of the day trashtalking anonomys narcotics

anonomys narcotics you are quite rude

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

JakeP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHtuOgtlUjg

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.

JakeP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGyPuey-1Jw

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

It seems like someone is eager to not get modkilled.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

JakeP posted:

wow u guyz makin game v easy for scums to vote on me

im glad at least that I gave away my valuable artifct before i will die, and anon narc can feel shame for voting me completely based on setup spec (or is scum who knows)

You're not town! I don't give a gently caress who's voting for you as you are not on my team! Stop trying to make it look like it's not a good play to get rid of you.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kleedrac posted:

You're not town! I don't give a gently caress who's voting for you as you are not on my team! Stop trying to make it look like it's not a good play to get rid of you.

lol im good with my vote look at this guy

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Tbf I didn't know that this game usually has a survivor role in it. Mithross' explanation was actually really helpful. ##unvote feel free to keep poo poo talking me if you want though. I'm cool with that.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
welp

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I'm stupid busy tonight but I should be around to sniff out scum tomorrow~

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Kleedrac posted:

Yeah, I don't like this. Kleedrac is leaning heavy into the "easy vote" of Jake, and drawing the lines a bit too strenuously.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Vote kleedrac for a better tomorrow Chrononauts!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

JakeP posted:

Vote kleedrac for a better tomorrow Chrononauts!

##vote Kleedrac

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Meinberg posted:

##vote Kleedrac

Both you and Anon have done your votes in separate posts as your cases, like they're an afterthought. I find that scummy.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
ya but kleedrac

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

JakeP posted:

ya but kleedrac

I don't see it, he always looks scummy day one, besides, I don't see him doubling down on the survivor vote when pressed as a scum.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

I don't see it, he always looks scummy day one, besides, I don't see him doubling down on the survivor vote when pressed as a scum.

I can't see a townie making that reaction, it looks like scum trying to act dug in on something so they don't have to play mafia for the rest of the day

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

JakeP posted:

I can't see a townie making that reaction, it looks like scum trying to act dug in on something so they don't have to play mafia for the rest of the day

I am wondering how much of the fact he is voting you factors into this, because you also seem dug in.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

I am wondering how much of the fact he is voting you factors into this, because you also seem dug in.

kleedrac scum buddy detected

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I hate this statement.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

##vote which way madness

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
same

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
id vote wwm

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Seriously this defense is scummy as hell.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

apostateCourier posted:

I hate this statement.
well it is true

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
maybe he should stop playing if he gonna be that big of an idiot all the time then

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I'm not used to agreeing with Jake without him calling me an idiot first.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

apostateCourier posted:

I hate this statement.

Hold on, let me do this right...

and...

:rolleyes::

There we go.

Apostate, your vote is a thinly veiled omgus vote, hidden behind your grossly exaggerated dislike of my meta reasoning for not voting Kleedrac.

Jake is delusional for thinking I would blatantly defend a scumbro. Bus them early and often, that's my motto.

For those of you playing at home, here's the truncated version:

Jake: :shrek: Hey I'm a survivor what's up
Kleedrac: :reject: NM, also we can't trust you, ##vote Jake
Jake: :shrek: Lol, seriously? ##vote Kleedrac
Apostate: :goonsay: Yeah, seriously? ##vote Kleedrac
WWM: :objection: Bad vote, also Kleedrac is a heat magnet ##vote Apostate
Jake and Apostate, in harmony: :shrek: "SCUMBROS" :holiday:

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

and...

There we go.

Apostate, your vote is a thinly veiled omgus vote, hidden behind your grossly exaggerated dislike of my meta reasoning for not voting Kleedrac.

Jake is delusional for thinking I would blatantly defend a scumbro. Bus them early and often, that's my motto.

Jake and Apostate, in harmony: :shrek: "SCUMBROS" :goonsay:

loving autocorrect

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

and...

There we go.

Jake and Apostate, in harmony: :shrek: "SCUMBROS" :holiday:

You have convinced me! ##vote WWM

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##unvote

Kleedrac posted:

Are you aware of what a survivor is besides that they are 3p?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
WWM that is a really really intense reaction to something really small.

Why do you care so much?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Look Under The Rock posted:

WWM that is a really really intense reaction to something really small.

Why do you care so much?

To be honest, this whole thing feels blown out of proportion. I think Kleedrac is misguided for voting a claimed survivor day one, but again, wrong =/= scummy. Jake voting Kleedrac based on the vote - alright, not great, basically omgus, but whatever. Apostate just hopping on like she did with her "that is a super lovely vote" looked worse to me. And now that I have defended Kleedrac by saying wrong =/= scummy, she's hopped over to me. Which really feels like an excuse to omgus vote me.

I wouldn't characterize my reaction as intense, more incredulous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

chaoslord posted:

Are you aware of what a survivor is besides that they are 3p?

They win with whoever right? Like am I missing something here? Why wouldn't we kill the guy who's not on our team?

• Locked thread