Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Player gathers the ball on his knees, then crawls forward to headbutt the tackler in the chest. Free paid for high tackle.

Multiple melbourne players tackled the second they get the ball, free for holding.

St Kilda player drives forward with his head and drops the ball in the tackle. Play on.

Consecutive forward 50 entries with noone within 20 metres of Nick Riewoldt.

Dawes costing us 3 goals in the opening 10 minutes through his kicking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

tnimark posted:

Darcy Moore's 5 goals have taken a lot of the sting out of this loss to be honest. I'm just excited about him. When Cloke comes back, send White to the VFL.

Eh, he was playing against a defense with only one player about 190cms. Wait until he gets matched up against someone remotely close to his size.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Heard franklin's a late out, hoooo boy

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Testekill posted:

Eh, he was playing against a defense with only one player about 190cms. Wait until he gets matched up against someone remotely close to his size.

True, but if you're a Collingwood fan you'd be mad keen on him right now. He's likely going to get beaten 1-on-1 against more experienced similar height defenders this year but he showed a lot in this game beyond just "take mark kick goal".
Beyond which his competition is White and Cloke so lets not pretend he's not already a huge upgrade.

tnimark posted:

When Cloke comes back, send White to the glue factory.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Thought for the day: Melbourne are not good at this football caper. These entries into the attacking 50 have been atrocious

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Also how has Riewoldt keeping getting mismatched in defence. Its not like people don't know who he is ffs

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Write down the date: Dawes kicks an important goal

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
All that play and we're up by two kicks.

Not often you see the members stand fuller than the general admission. Also gently caress me it's cold.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Umpires paying everything they can today.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Next time someone craps on about bad crowds ask them if they have been outside yet this week

Sir Charles
Apr 25, 2006
Can't...seem to...penetrate the fabric...must be...some kind of...polyester weave!

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Heard franklin's a late out, hoooo boy

Carn you eagles. Quietly confident now that our midget defence will handle the swans

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
This is the most poorly umpired round of football in AFL history IMO

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I can't actually remember the last time I enjoyed going to the football. There have been some times where it feels good afterwards when we won, but actually enjoying being there throughout the whole thing without this overarching sense of dread of whatever the next possession by some incompetent moron could bring? No idea.

I'd imagine some time in the Daniher tenure.

edit: Actually that's a blatant lie, I really enjoyed going to one of the easter monday games between hawks and geelong, I think it might have been the final easter game in geelongs streak.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

hiddenmovement posted:

Next time someone craps on about bad crowds ask them if they have been outside yet this week

Yeah, it was apparently 8 degrees at Etihad.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Good coaching move: all defenders forward. All forwards back. It seems to be working.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Solemn Sloth posted:

I can't actually remember the last time I enjoyed going to the football. There have been some times where it feels good afterwards when we won, but actually enjoying being there throughout the whole thing without this overarching sense of dread of whatever the next possession by some incompetent moron could bring? No idea.

I'd imagine some time in the Daniher tenure.

edit: Actually that's a blatant lie, I really enjoyed going to one of the easter monday games between hawks and geelong, I think it might have been the final easter game in geelongs streak.

You could just switch clubs, and if anyone accuses you of being plastic just hand them a transcript of your last 8 years of posts

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

snaeksikn posted:

Good coaching move: all defenders forward. All forwards back. It seems to be working.

Ah yes the ol' Auskick tactic.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Sounds like the entire MCG is booing the umpires

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

hiddenmovement posted:

You could just switch clubs, and if anyone accuses you of being plastic just hand them a transcript of your last 8 years of posts

I'll see if one of the free psychs at uni will write me a note

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

ewe2 posted:

Sounds like the entire MCG is booing the umpires

The umpires outnumber them so I doubt they're worried

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

hiddenmovement posted:

Now I'm confused. Is Solemn Sloth Gough?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Periphery posted:

Now I'm confused. Is Solemn Sloth Gough?

obviously i need to pick up my game

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Its the sudden use of grammar and capitalisation that's thrown people

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

monolithburger posted:

Ah yes the ol' Auskick tactic.

They can't be a worse set shot than Dawes anyway

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

what a surprise, riewoldt allowed to mark in the forward 50

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Oh good. Rain will improve the quality of this game.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

WHY ARE WE SO BAD AT WET WEATHER FOOTY JESUS loving CHRIST

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Melbourne defend just fine but they have no idea how to attack with any speed or fluency. If they introduce zones next year I'm betting they will return to Mark Neeld tier.

St.Kilda on the other hand might push for the finals.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

mcdonald can't get a free when he is literally bleeding from the eye due to high contact in a marking contest

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Lol Hogan looks a bit guilty about that one

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

WHY ARE WE SO BAD AT WET WEATHER FOOTY JESUS loving CHRIST

yes, its definitely the wet weather that is making us bad at footy

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

lol, pay a mark for a 5 metre kick, well done champ

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

make the umpires wear an oculus rift to impose rangefinders on their vision imo

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

hahahaha weak as piss 50 metres you fuckstain

any player who holds his feet after any sort of contact when taking the mark is an idiot because umpires are loving moronic shitheads who are liable to pay 50 metres anytime your knees hit the ground.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

yes, its definitely the wet weather that is making us bad at footy

My point is that wet weather footy lowers the importance of good skills and we somehow manage to get worse when it rains

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Riewoldt making a joke of 2 Dees defenders this game, marking on one leg. Doesn't help that they're fumbling every other hand pass.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Smellbourne.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

ewe2 posted:

Riewoldt making a joke of 2 Dees defenders this game, marking on one leg. Doesn't help that they're fumbling every other hand pass.

how can you "make" a joke of anything to do with melbourne?

that's like saying that their national conference sure is making a joke of the ALP

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

This is going the same way as the GWS game last year - stayed in until it started raining then lose by nearly 10 goals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

This is going the same way as the GWS game last year - stayed in until it started raining then lose by nearly 10 goals

the only reason we stayed in is because st kilda couldn't kick.

• Locked thread