Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Article by E/N superstar Enhydra lutis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Lizard Wizard posted:

Could you provide an expanation? This is in German, you see.

The headline is "9 Nintendo characters that everybody knows except for me, the editor"

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Nintendo characters everybody should know, even!

I checked the url and this is what greeted me:

For "Strange things men do with their erections"

Quality reporting all around.

EDIT: Sadly, online the pics correspond. NOW. But a user commented that he laughed about their mistake and that they should have asked the readers before printing.

Simply Simon has a new favorite as of 12:09 on Jul 22, 2015

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
Devon man charged with robbery from woman's vagina

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Was he robbing things that were stashed in the vagina or, was she his partner and would smuggle him in her vagina after which he would jump out and shout "This is a robbery!"

I don't want to click the link, since I imagine reality can't measure up to either of these.

e: couldn't resist, and it was the first one! (I think, they don't make it clear whether she actually had money up there, or if he only *thought* there was money up there)

quote:

charged under section 1(1) of the Criminal Attempts Act for the offence of attempting to rob a woman of money of a value unknown from her vagina on June 17 in Torquay.

That's written like there's specific wording that addresses this very act.

Proteus Jones has a new favorite as of 13:33 on Jul 22, 2015

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

flosofl posted:

That's written like there's specific wording that addresses this very act.

Not only that, but it is Section 1, Paragraph 1.

Like it was the first thing they thought of when writing the act.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
And the fact that there's no sexual assault charge suggests that she was fine with him getting all up in her business until she realized he was trying to steal her stash.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

pookel posted:

And the fact that there's no sexual assault charge suggests that she was fine with him getting all up in her business until she realized he was trying to steal her stash.

Perhaps she was a biggin and was just happy that someone was paying attention to her, even if it was in the process of robbing her?

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

drgnwr1 posted:

Perhaps she was a biggin and was just happy that someone was paying attention to her, even if it was in the process of robbing her?

What the gently caress is this bullshit.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

pookel posted:

What the gently caress is this bullshit.

He's calling her fat

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
Yeah, it was the "lololol, fat girls are ugly and desperate" thing I was calling bullshit on. It's like he's 12 and we're in 1985 or something. Geez.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Fatty spotted

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Cacafuego posted:

Fatty spotted

Stop triggering me you fatphobic shitlord.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

spog posted:

Not only that, but it is Section 1, Paragraph 1.

Like it was the first thing they thought of when writing the act.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble...

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/47/section/1

quote:

If, with intent to commit an offence to which this section applies, a person does an act which is more than merely preparatory to the commission of the offence, he is guilty of attempting to commit the offence.

schadenfraud
Nov 19, 2010

From this month's Fortean Times

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

pookel posted:

Snatched

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

schadenfraud posted:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

schadenfraud posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90yCst7jRr4

schadenfraud
Nov 19, 2010

You can always count on the Star

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2015/07/24/Mystery-pooper-targeting-holes-of-Norwegian-golf-course/2881437763634/

sout
Apr 24, 2014

any hole's a goal.
"Our idea is that it could be someone who, for unknown reasons, hates the game of golf. Alternatively, the person may have a fetish or suffer from mental problems," said Steinar Floisvik, managing director of the Stavanger Golf Club.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The poos are too massive to be from a woman?

Wow, nice sexism. As if a woman couldn't take a giant dump.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
I thought of this thread the other day while I was listening to Sklarbro County. It's a podcast hosted by the Sklar brothers and their friend Dan Van Kirk. It's shorter than their regular podcast, Sklarbro Country, and it doesn't have the sports theme that Country has. It's mostly just the three guys (and usually a guest) talking about crazy news stories, many involving people from Florida.

One of the recent episodes had a brawl at a wedding reception that started after a woman told another woman that her 14-year-old son shouldn't be drinking beer. The second woman then punched the first one in the face. The husband of the second lady had something like 3 knives on him when the cops searched him, because you don't want to be unarmed when you're going to a wedding reception. Another story from a few weeks back was about a "pedal bar" getting shot up... by kids with squirt-guns (a pedal bar is pretty much what it sounds like - a mini bar with bicycle pedals that the patrons ride around the city while they get drunk). They also talked about the Chinese funeral strippers a few weeks back, and how there's now a guy in England who's hiring out fake mourners for funerals, to make the deceased seem more popular.

http://www.earwolf.com/show/sklarbro-country/ (that's the main page for both shows, but the County episodes should be easy enough to find).

Fifty Farts has a new favorite as of 04:53 on Jul 27, 2015

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I entertain at kids parties and the other day I did a party where a dad was letting his 2 year old drink beer. 2!!

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

In a science/astronomy video I saw a while ago it was mentioned that the earth and moon could be argued to be orbiting each other, so technically not incorrect I guess?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Taeke posted:

In a science/astronomy video I saw a while ago it was mentioned that the earth and moon could be argued to be orbiting each other, so technically not incorrect I guess?
Bodies are usually only said to orbit eachother if the barycenter is above the surface of the larger body. The Moon does cause Earth to wobble a bit (which we mainly notice as ocean tides) but the barycenter is still within Earth's radius.

Pluto and Charon orbit each other though, and in fact the Sun and Jupiter does too.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Collateral Damage posted:

Bodies are usually only said to orbit eachother if the barycenter is above the surface of the larger body. The Moon does cause Earth to wobble a bit (which we mainly notice as ocean tides) but the barycenter is still within Earth's radius.

Pluto and Charon orbit each other though, and in fact the Sun and Jupiter does too.

Cool, learned something new today. :science:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I draw attention to the latest reports on gull activity:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I entertain at kids parties and the other day I did a party where a dad was letting his 2 year old drink beer. 2!!

Wisconsin? Cause that's kind of a thing here. It's kind of like the cold version of Florida once you leave the major metro area.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

CzarChasm posted:

Wisconsin? Cause that's kind of a thing here. It's kind of like the cold version of Florida once you leave the major metro area.

Yeah, we're pretty terrible about alcohol in this state. The biggest city is Brew City (Milwaukee), and even the smallest unincorporated farm towns have at least one bar (and most have at least one church). I remember tasting my dad's beer when I was a little kid (it was awful, probably because I was a child, but more likely because it was Schlitz), but it was basically only enough for me to make a disgusted face and spit it out.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

CzarChasm posted:

Actually it was in a relatively upper middle class neighborhood in NY. Which is why I was so surprised.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

What's "hippy crack"? Nitrous?

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

What's "hippy crack"? Nitrous?

Or bath salts

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

What the gently caress is any of this gibberish trying to say? You Brits so abuse the language of English, my goodness.

Obligatory:

Also, for a more on-topic contribution:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Collateral Damage posted:

I remember learning in my last year of grade school that planets actively tilt back and forth on an axis throughout the year rather than just having a static tilt all the time (meaning a planet like Venus completely flips over on every revolution). The teacher even visually demonstrated this with a globe that she spun and tilted while walking around the room. Then in first year middle school science we had an astronomy unit test where that information came up, and a bunch of students got it wrong and we all had to protest because our own school system had taught us the wrong information a year before.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

What the gently caress is any of this gibberish trying to say? You Brits so abuse the language of English, my goodness.

'Seagulls mug dole spongers' = seagulls steal food from people we assume are on benefits, and if they are it's purely because they are work-shy layabouts
'Britain's 3 weeks on the lash' = A hilarious play on words! Being on the lash means going out and getting shitface drunk, but lashing also means raining a lot, which is what is happening here at the moment. How unusual!
'Home of the page 3 girl' = Page 3 traditionally has a large picture of a woman with her norks out, because y'know why not

British slang is so ugly

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Actually it was in a relatively upper middle class neighborhood in NY. Which is why I was so surprised.

You should be surprised he wasn't letting the kid have a sip of his whiskey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Oh, wow, I live in that county. I thought nothing cool ever happened here.