Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone know any good beginner resources for wordpress?

I don't really want to do any programming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

Bills 2015 schedule
Sep 13 IND L
Sep 20 NE L (if with Brady, otherwise, tossup)
Sep 27 @MIA L
Oct 4 NYG. W
Oct 11 @TEN. W
Oct 18 CIN L
Oct 25 @JAX W
Bye
Nov 8 MIA. L
Nov 12 @NYJ L
Nov 23 @NE L
Nov 29 @KC L
Dec 6 HOU. Tossup, depend on who Hou can scrape up for a QB
Dec 13 @PHI L
Dec 20 @WSH W
Dec 27 DAL L
Jan 3 NYJ. W

The Bills have sucked for a decade, Rexy isn't going to change that in one season.

Whenever I hear "a decade" like this my first assumption is that it is a reference to the 90s and then I get sad.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
.com or .org? are you making your own website or do you just want a no-hassle blog on their servers?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I am a very old man mafia thread.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BottleKnight posted:

.com or .org? are you making your own website or do you just want a no-hassle blog on their servers?
I don't know, it's hosted on something already, it's through university thing, supposed to be a blog/website

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

bowmore posted:

I don't know, it's hosted on something already, it's through university thing, supposed to be a blog/website

That would be .org. It really depends on what you're looking for. You can do a lot of things right in the CMS but if you are looking for resources on like editing css and really customizing the site you'd be good just looking for guides on google.

You should really just set up a premade, easy theme for the layout you're looking for and go from there. The backend of Wordpress really does make it pretty easy.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

CCKeane posted:

I am a very old man mafia thread.

Ugh mom why does grandpa have to live with us, he smells funny

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You could have just said yes fam

The ghost of Kyle Orton took q worse team in every major position to a winning record against a considerably harder schedule

I'd run a ban bet on 8-8 or better

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
quote this post with a photo of your username written in your casual handwriting and I will hand write a short poem dedicated to you. (I've been practicing my cursive and want more practice + excuses to write something.)

submissions will be accepted for 24 hours from this post.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

quote this post with a photo of your username written in your casual handwriting and I will hand write a short poem dedicated to you. (I've been practicing my cursive and want more practice + excuses to write something.)

my handwriting is always terrible but I've learned to like it.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

EccoRaven posted:

my hand is v casual

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Mar 27, 2020

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

:) I like my poem ecco. I'm planning a 40-page critical analysis of it as we speak.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
I don't have a way to take/share a photo at the moment but ecks have you looked into italic as a handwriting system? It's way more flexible and easier on your hands than cursive.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

I wrote on an envelope featuring a part of my address. Now you know which town I live in! That's my dad's hand-writing. Both my parents write very nicely, if a bit blocky, my own handwriting improves if I do it regularly but it's usually pretty bad. I had a good thing going with a sort italicized version of my handwriting but... there you go.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Does anyone else watch Bojack Horseman? I just finished season 2 while nursing a hangover (thankfully I am better now) and it's put me in a bit of a melancholic mood but it's a really good show. It's funny and with a good touch of reality that I find missing in a lot of tv somehow. Just real (rich) people dealing with real problems and not really managing it all too well.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Does anyone else watch Bojack Horseman? I just finished season 2 while nursing a hangover (thankfully I am better now) and it's put me in a bit of a melancholic mood but it's a really good show. It's funny and with a good touch of reality that I find missing in a lot of tv somehow. Just real (rich) people dealing with real problems and not really managing it all too well.

I watch it, I am on season two now.

It is very good at switching being goofy and serious.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Yeah it's a good show for sure

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I think the actors are all really good.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I just started watching the first season recently, and it is a difficult show to binge watch. It is really good in small doses (so far).

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

EccoRaven posted:

Cursive is an important skill.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

Cursive is an important skill.

I loving agree that motherfuckibg cursive is important as poo poo in all forms of communi loving cations.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

I got distracted.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

CCKeane posted:

I loving agree that motherfuckibg cursive is important as poo poo in all forms of communi loving cations.

i am glad we can agree on these things keane

lets talk about cursive

i feel that the school taught versions of "H," "K," and "F" lack fluidity and are inconvenient to use. when i write, i tend to use the following designs, as they only require the minimal number of strokes and look less stilted:

there are people who prefer printing, which is entirely fine, but i find it time consuming. (i also like pretty letters)

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

your F looks like my J

almost exactly

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Ernie. posted:

your F looks like my J

almost exactly

thats because i am you ernie

look in the mirror

we are each other's sockpuppet

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

i am glad we can agree on these things keane

lets talk about cursive

i feel that the school taught versions of "H," "K," and "F" lack fluidity and are inconvenient to use. when i write, i tend to use the following designs, as they only require the minimal number of strokes and look less stilted:

there are people who prefer printing, which is entirely fine, but i find it time consuming. (i also like pretty letters)

Oh no I hate script, I just like cursing.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

jimminy cricket!

darn you keane

darn you to fudging heck

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
*clutches pearls* gosh golly molly

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Love BH. The BH stands for Boreanaz's House.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

QuoProQuid posted:

thats because i am you ernie

look in the mirror

we are each other's sockpuppet

over the years i also noticed that the way most people write is annoying because it's visually inconsistent, so i've made a concerted effort that all capitalized letters would take as much space as possible, which gives my capitlization this ... drop-capsy look.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My hand writing has been described as "serial killer axe murderig writing" so I prefer typing

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Well I lost my hands in a tragic hand-losing accident, so my cursive is pretty bad.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I've broken my fingers/hands a few times and my handwriting is terrible.

I mean my handwriting was terrible before I broke my hands but I find that saying that first makes people a lot less likely to say goddamn bullshit.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I am halfway through season 2 and it's probably my favourite show currently 'airing'.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Mar 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i don't know how many computer nerds we have in the house

but i'm trying to set-up internet access to a home server i'm running and THE ENTIRE MORNING i've been scratching my head because the port is forwarded properly and the firewall on the computer has an exception configured

and i just could not connect no matter how many times i re-checked everything

turns out i forgot to configure a static network IP for the computer running the server :downs: