Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

AirRaid posted:

I finally got around to finishing up my latest dumb stunt video!

Featuring a lot more multi-goon involvement this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqr8kWVhcX0

Welcome to the GTA car spawning system! :v: It's infuriating as gently caress sometimes. Happens to every type of car though, pretty equally.

That satellite dish trick was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.

AirRaid posted:

Welcome to the GTA car spawning system! :v: It's infuriating as gently caress sometimes. Happens to every type of car though, pretty equally.

I'm honestly curious about the Alannah Myles soundtrack.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Wee Bairns posted:

I said we should never speak of it again. Now look at what you've done!

Good times, profitable heist.

I'm just going to leave this right here...

https://youtu.be/f04UZFHzuSc

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Oh no :ohdear:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

CDX posted:

I'm honestly curious about the Alannah Myles soundtrack.

I like the song. Which can't be said for 99% of the radio tracks in GTAV.

And it was kinda dull without music. I might end up dubbing music post-edit iin the future.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Oh wow that's... wow. Harsh.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jul 26, 2015

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

I had almost repressed that memory.

Almost.
Thanks is a lot, jerkface!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

AirRaid posted:

This was phenomenal.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

AirRaid posted:

Count the Sultans!

Just in traffic near the Alta street apartment.

"Rare". :v:

Do you own a Sultan? I've been thinking going into your garage might effect car spawns.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Maybe cut all the random bad landing solo jumps next time. I guess you needed filler to max out the song but that just means you need more hydra bridges.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Corzaa posted:

Do you own a Sultan? I've been thinking going into your garage might effect car spawns.

Nope.

Zigmidge posted:

Maybe cut all the random bad landing solo jumps next time. I guess you needed filler to max out the song but that just means you need more hydra bridges.

Yeah there's a couple filler bits in there. The problem with doing stunts with goons is that you kinda need goons willing to do it for long enough to get good takes. Shouts to User and Falken for being awesome pilot buddies and having lots of patience.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

AirRaid posted:

This is a thing of beauty :golfclap:

If you ever need willing stunt dummies to do dumb poo poo for one of these, let me know. I'm always up for shenanigans :v:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

User and I already have ideas and plans for a new video... We'll definitely need help, and multiple people will make it way more awesome.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

:lol:

Missing is the four of us trying to use golf clubs and baseball bats to beat the boat back into the water.

DerVerrater
Feb 19, 2013
WHATEVER HAPPENED ON DISCORD, I WAS NOT INVOLVED
Im kind of stuck not playing in the hopes that i can get my cars restored in GTA online, it is crushing me the fun i am not having just now.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Doing some heists on ps4 right now! Send a message to Woodshelf and we only need two more to get going

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Sultans are a super-common spawn in the parking lot at the docks by Simeon's export garage.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

DerVerrater posted:

Im kind of stuck not playing in the hopes that i can get my cars restored in GTA online, it is crushing me the fun i am not having just now.

Rockstar are usually good with this kind of thing. They'll either restore your cars or more likely give you lots of money to buy more cars with.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

FuturePastNow posted:

Sultans are a super-common spawn.

FTFY.

The Phoenix also spawns in that car park with decent frequency.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I went there last night to get a Phoenix and literally every car in there was a Phoenix.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Kelly posted:

:lol:

Missing is the four of us trying to use golf clubs and baseball bats to beat the boat back into the water.

Yeah, we tried everything except explosives. Heh

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

I am completely underwhelmed given the amount of time we spent on this.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Haha, the timing of Lester's voiceover just makes it.

Also I'd like to give a huge shout-out to c0updeville, hellfaucet and Jose_Mengelez for their assistance the other day with the Prison Heist, even though c0up hosed off before we did the finale. I still haven't done the finale so we can finish the whole thing together.

Watching Pants On Head Retarded now and holy poo poo the Panto is so good for stunting.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Moreau posted:

Definitely no NOOSE. The bank tellers aren't setting any alarms that I'm aware of, as I keep the Initimidation maxed the whole time. We've been taking two bikes and heading north. I've been watching some vids on Youtube, looks like we might be better off going east instead. We've essentially wasted 5 hours on this motorcycle segment, so I'm trying to think of anything that would help my team get it done.

Don't get in any car unless it's an armored Kuruma, do not double up on the bikes. If you pair on bikes the bikes handle much worse and go slower, and the cops can ram you far easier. Also if two people are on a bike it's much, much harder to do the parachute jump at the end because there is a bug that can kill you when you jump off the bike in mid air.

Really all 4 people need to not suck rear end at riding bikes. It's far more important to not crash than to go balls out the whole way. With one person on each bike and following the checkpoints there will never be a police roadblock anywhere except right before the tunnel in the mountain, and you can drive straight through that one. Slow down instead of hitting cops. Drive around them.

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

AirRaid posted:

User and I already have ideas and plans for a new video... We'll definitely need help, and multiple people will make it way more awesome.

I'm totally down to waste time helping out. Sean_Face in game. Lemme know.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Edit: ^^^ Thanks for suffering through Fleeca with me earlier today! :)

UserErr0r posted:

I am completely underwhelmed given the amount of time we spent on this.

Welcome to the world of producing content. Video, games, music, it all feels this way.

Not A Bear
Nov 4, 2009

Aperture Priority posted:

I'm totally down to waste time helping out. Sean_Face in game. Lemme know.

Yeah sign me up for any shenanigans as well - that looked great, cant believe cars can survive some of those landings! Rather inspired to buy a Panto and rip poo poo up now :dance:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Not A Bear posted:

Yeah sign me up for any shenanigans as well - that looked great, cant believe cars can survive some of those landings! Rather inspired to buy a Panto and rip poo poo up now :dance:

Yeah I was fully expecting the landing off the Maze tower to result in an explosion.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

BitBasher posted:

Don't get in any car unless it's an armored Kuruma, do not double up on the bikes. If you pair on bikes the bikes handle much worse and go slower, and the cops can ram you far easier. Also if two people are on a bike it's much, much harder to do the parachute jump at the end because there is a bug that can kill you when you jump off the bike in mid air.

Really all 4 people need to not suck rear end at riding bikes. It's far more important to not crash than to go balls out the whole way. With one person on each bike and following the checkpoints there will never be a police roadblock anywhere except right before the tunnel in the mountain, and you can drive straight through that one. Slow down instead of hitting cops. Drive around them.

Thats what I was a'feared of. They are all terrible on bikes, and never remember to 'lead' the cops, so the cops swing the opposite way. Okay. I think I'll need to create a few Lectro locked obstacle races and run them through that.

And we did encounter the parachute bug, but we put it down to the player. He will be happy to be vindicated 😊

Most of them have minimal strength - does that impact damage when coming off the bike?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Yeah strength affects damage reduction.

Not A Bear
Nov 4, 2009
How on earth do you increase strength btw? I think my guy is down the fragile end of the spectrum and I end up having to be incredibly careful on hard mode missions :ohdear:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Not A Bear posted:

How on earth do you increase strength btw? I think my guy is down the fragile end of the spectrum and I end up having to be incredibly careful on hard mode missions :ohdear:

Punching buses is good I hear.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Not A Bear posted:

Play Golf, repeated instances of single holes (since you get the same strength boost from doing the full 9 as doing a single hole)

You can also do tennis, but then have to play a minimum of 6 games in a row and it takes ages even if you have a partner or yourself that intentionally refuses to even try so that it's straight up serve-score.

Not A Bear
Nov 4, 2009
Brilliant thanks - I'll get on that, its not bad since I actually quite enjoy the golf game in GTA for some reason :hfive:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Moreau posted:

Thats what I was a'feared of. They are all terrible on bikes, and never remember to 'lead' the cops, so the cops swing the opposite way. Okay. I think I'll need to create a few Lectro locked obstacle races and run them through that.

And we did encounter the parachute bug, but we put it down to the player. He will be happy to be vindicated 😊

Most of them have minimal strength - does that impact damage when coming off the bike?

The last time we ran this the Kuruma bug still worked.

One person in the group needs an armored Kuruma and the mid-level apartment that's right next to the motorcycle checkpoint. The apartment owner can enter their apartment, though you may have to run around the marker a few times before it will let you in because you're wanted. Once in, they invite everyone to the apartment through the quick menu.

Once the whole group is in the apartment, the owner takes everyone to the garage with the "take everyone to garage" option that will pop up at the door. Everyone piles into the Kuruma and you can take the 101 to the riverbed instead of following the checkpoints.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Not A Bear posted:

The Panto is actually pretty fun, especially when upgraded a bit. It's not a good distance car (low top speed) but it's great to hop around in. It was my daily for a while.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
The panto can take on everything.

Not A Bear
Nov 4, 2009
Yeah I'm definitely going to have to get one now - I'm currently dailying either the Mesa or Warrener at the moment, gotta get me a lil stickerbombed beast next! :getin:

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
I can't do heists with pubbies anymore. Good god. But I'm a little confused with everything on the front page. Easiest way to get going with some goons?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Moreau posted:

Strength doesn't have anything to do with this AFAIK. The easiest way is to let off on the gas a little when approaching a cop and head a little bit to his right or left side. When the cop car commits and swerves toward you, just gas it and change direction passing him on the side he didn't swerve to. That's all there is to it. This will over and over ad nauseum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Wee Bairns posted:

I've been whining about wanting this since GTA V was announced!
I would legit pay 3 million funbux for it.

Goddamn, to think it was *2002* when I saw a picture of this car in Game Informer and lost my poo poo over Vice City coming out.

• Locked thread