Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

fruitpunch posted:

Speaking of P4G is there any way to turn the battle chatter off because jesus loving christ :negative:

I love the music and I want to listen to it but Teddie is the goddamn worst

CHIE SAN IS POISONED HELP HER SENSEI

Well, keep with it and you don't have to worry.

just got to heaven, looks like I'm almost done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

theultimo posted:

50 more hours is not almost done.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

theultimo posted:

CHIE SAN IS POISONED HELP HER SENSEI

Well, keep with it and you don't have to worry.

When you get to a confrontation in a hospital room and Yosuke gets really mad, you might wanna look up the correct dialogue choices to not get the bad ending

You have got a good ten hours left to go if you want to get the best ending

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

did you never play Turok on N64, game had eh controls on the whole but it had a weapon wheel that worked fine iirc in like 1997-1998

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

LORD OF BUTT posted:

did you never play Turok on N64, game had eh controls on the whole but it had a weapon wheel that worked fine iirc in like 1997-1998

Turok 2 even had a quick wheel that I never used because I preferred the classic one

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I want to play Golden, but I don't want a Vita or a PSTV, please release on PS4 Atlus.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Even with balance limitations Halo's power weapons are all still too strong to be standard weapons, if you could use the rocket launcher or grav hammer with the same frequency as the assault rifle or battle rifle it'd degenerate the entire match. You'd have to nerf them into the ground or more likely just remove them all together in order to live up to your idea of balance

Honestly it just sounds like you're confusing your own personal tastes with objective game design, alot of people like having scarce power weapons in shooters; it rewards strong map awareness and makes it fun to cut lose with something you don't normally have access to. Getting the Grav Hammer in Halo 3 and murdering all my friends who don't have grav hammers was one of my favourite multiplayer experiences, Reach leant more in the direction you're talking about and I found the multiplayer was infinitely more boring for it

Wtf are you talking about? No one mentioned multiplayer. Multiplayer balance is its own thing, and it's always hosed and exploitable even with giant teams devoted to balance.

Also lmao, "the game were you can fly around with a jet pack was more boring than the game with worse mp balance and slow movement"

Like your specific point about the Grav Hammer is you saying you loved a lack of balance.

arcsig
May 29, 2015

Nasgate posted:

Wtf are you talking about? No one mentioned multiplayer. Multiplayer balance is its own thing, and it's always hosed and exploitable even with giant teams devoted to balance.

Also lmao, "the game were you can fly around with a jet pack was more boring than the game with worse mp balance and slow movement"

Like your specific point about the Grav Hammer is you saying you loved a lack of balance.
Multiplayer and single player balance are different, but some of the same methods can be used for each. What, in your eyes, makes limited power weapons totally okay for multiplayer but unacceptable for single player?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

corn in the bible posted:

I'm trying to find some other games with that sort of CYOA thing going on, like Alpha Protocol or Way of the Samurai. Any suggestions?

heavy rain

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Quest For Glory II posted:

Some games also put the weapon switch on dpad, but I guess console gamers are too stupid to know what the d-pad is anyway

We've fallen that far

no it was because the 360 pads dpad was so absolutely loving awful it couldnt be used for that

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Another example of Microsoft ruining video games....

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
its fine for what its used for at this point, which is attachments, killstreaks, whatever, stuff that you arent pressing constantly and a mispress doesnt kill you. hopefully ps4 taking the lead and having a solid dpad will help make devs happier to put stuff on there again

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I refuse to play Golden since they changed Chie's voice. :(

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
IDC about chie because I never played persona 4 and also Marie is mai waifu

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Grapplejack posted:

I got used to it, besides, the list of changes is woth it:

Two new Social Links. Both Social Links are capable of unlocking new story content — such as new dungeons, and additional scenes for every ending.

Marie, a Persona 4 Golden exclusive character, of the Aeon Arcana.

Tohru Adachi, of the Jester Arcana and the Hunger Arcana.

New Difficulty levels similar to Persona 3 Portable. On New Game+, the player can change and even customize the difficulty levels for individual game elements in the configuration menu. The pre-set levels of difficulty are:
Safety (Very Easy in NA Version)
Easy (Left untouched in NA Version, used to be called Beginner)
Normal
Hard (Left untouched in NA Version, used to be Expert)
Risky (Very Hard in NA Version)

Several new music tracks.

Additional voice over dialogue.

Chie and Teddie have new voices in the English versions.

New animated cutscenes.

More Personas, including new Ultimate Personas for the Investigation Team.

New areas, such as Shichiri Beach, and a ski resort. Okina City, which was only seen during certain Social Link scenes, is now accessible.

New events, such as a Halloween event and a skiing trip.

The player can now explore Inaba in the evening, when Dojima is not home. Places to visit are limited, just like Persona 3.
Yu and his friends now have motorized scooters to explore various areas.

Costumes are now available to buy at Croco Fur, in Okina City. Costumes have their own slot for equipment, and affects the Investigation Team's appearance, similar to Persona 3 FES and Persona 3 Portable. Costumes do not affect the party's stats.

New Garden and Bug Catching features.

Trophies.

The ability to choose which skills can be inherited by the persona the player is fusing. (However inheritance restriction still applies.)
T
he Vox Populi (Voice of the People) and SOS are new additions to the game, available while connected to the PlayStation Network.

The Vox Populi can be used to see what other players of Persona 4 Golden have chosen to do during the current day in the game.

The feature is also available in the Velvet Room to see what personas other players are currently fusing.

The SOS feature calls other online players for help in dungeons, allows you to send help to others, and is received as a gift of a minor amount of health and spirit. The amount restored by the SOS is very little and isn't restricted by the current health status of your party.
New scene skipping function.
If the player fulfills criteria for at least the good ending, daily activities are expanded to February 14, 2012, giving more time for events and social links.
New epilogue for the True Ending.
Changes to the requests of NPCs or the fox.

Some changes to the flow of battle:
Some shadows/enemies have changed their attribute (weakness/strength/null) or area spawn.

Shuffle Time has been revised.

Rebalanced characters.

Rise can now assist the Investigation Team in All-Out-Attacks.

Tag Team attacks.
Cavalry Attacks: Attacks from members of the Investigation Team that are not currently in the party. These usually are a follow up to

Weak/Critical attacks that down an additional enemy or two allowing for an All-Out-Attack.

Some spells has been reduced its usage cost (Megidolaon now only costs 38 SP and Morning Star costs 55 SP).

A new "TV Listings" menu, for displaying bonus content unlocked through the main game. Bonus content and the game itself are presented as television shows. The various shows are:
Song Battle 2012 - Various clips from Persona Music Live 2008 and 2009.
Mr. Edogawa's TV Classroom - Lectures on the various themes of the game and their relation to psychology.
Midnight Trivia Miracle Quiz - A Quiz show with questions regarding minor aspects of Inaba and the Shadow World. The character dialogue in this content is fully voiced.
Daily Personamations! - A hub for rewatching the game's animated cutscenes. Scenes are unlocked as they are encountered during play.
P4 Golden - The main game, this program serves as a link to return to the game.
Giants of P - A series that shows Persona 4 concept art with commentary on each piece. Additional pieces of art are unlocked as the story progresses.
HEE! HEE! HOO! Music King - An in-game music player for listening to previously encountered music. Additional tracks are unlocked through playing the game.
Persona Hits - This series shows various Japanese television commercials for Persona, Persona 3, and Persona 4.
What is P4 Arena? - Plays the P1 Grand Prix introduction video from the Persona 4 Arena story mode.
P4 the Animation! - A Japanese extended trailer for the Persona 4 anime, this content has the original Japanese audio and does not contain subtitles.
The Midnight Channel - A Minigame accessible only when the PlayStation Vita's clock is at Midnight until 1:00 AM. It features Teddie covered by TV static and can be manipulated with the device's touchscreen. Teddie is fully voiced in this mode.

The return of the Aeon Arcana and the introduction of the Jester/Hunger Arcana. Personas present in Persona 3 FES that were not carried over in Persona 4, such as Seiten Taisei and Lakshmi, as well as some brand new Personas like Baphomet and Kaguya Hime, have been placed in the Aeon and Hunger Arcana.

Floors and chests in dungeons reset by changing floors instead of leaving the dungeon and TV world or visiting another dungeon.

Bolded the best part, you really are missing the complete experience if you miss 1 voice actor.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

VideoGames posted:

Never played halo 3 because 1 was so boring. Tried to multiplayer it but it was just so boring and dull. I had been playing doom and quake for ages in LANs at that time so it offered nothing for me

So had I, got into UT99 and CS pretty hard too. Honestly coop vehicles with friends was just so fun it made the game, though the gunplay was p decent too. There is a place in my heart for all videogames, videogames

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Though, if I'm being honest, I had a poo poo ton more fun with Myth/Myth2 multi way back. Best Bungie multiplayer game.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Grapplejack posted:

the new voice is absolutely better in every single way

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Nasgate posted:

I would remove the rocket launcher from halo. Because it's the most boring rear end weapon in the game, and it takes up so much of the HUD.

That's it, hand over you gamer badge and gun

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

fruitpunch posted:

IDC about chie because I never played persona 4 and also Marie is mai waifu

Marie is a teenage emo girl, i suggest u hang out at the mall and also be under 18. wear a wallet chain and a slipknot shirt. say u play bass in a hardcore band.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

precision posted:

Marie is a teenage emo girl, i suggest u hang out at the mall and also be under 18. wear a wallet chain and a slipknot shirt. say u play bass in a hardcore band.

shutupyoujustdontunderstandmeandmypoems

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
everybody chill out an just shop at junes

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Stux posted:

its fine for what its used for at this point, which is attachments, killstreaks, whatever, stuff that you arent pressing constantly and a mispress doesnt kill you. hopefully ps4 taking the lead and having a solid dpad will help make devs happier to put stuff on there again

The xbone dpad is actually good. Best one since the snes imo

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Mak0rz posted:

I want some xbone controllers just for the PC, but I don't trust windows 10

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Broseph Brostar posted:

I want some xbone controllers just for the PC, but I don't trust windows 10

It works on windows 7 and 8 just fine :confused:

I played through F:NV and AC2 on my 8.1 computer and my gf is using it for skyrim right now on her win7 computer

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

do you have to use it wired if you don't have Windows 10?

Mak0rz posted:

its more than serviceable in comparison to 360 for sure. i hear tell its not very accurate at detecting quarter circles/diagonals in stuff like fighting games though.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

arcsig posted:

Multiplayer and single player balance are different, but some of the same methods can be used for each. What, in your eyes, makes limited power weapons totally okay for multiplayer but unacceptable for single player?

I never made that statement. Especially since limited power weapons imbalance multiplayer more than unlimited. One rear end in a top hat that memorized the map and guns for the best weapon is going to get more kills than his skill would get. Everyone having access puts everyone on equal footing.

As for the difference in mp balance vs sp. It's because the goal of balance should be for fun. In mp, one person having fun shouldn't ruin anothers. In sp, only the pc needs to have fun.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah dude they come with a standard micro USB cable just plug that fucker in and play!

E: oh apparently it doesn't come with a cable but whatever it's still a standard USB cable you find everywhere. We just use one that came with a phone charger lol

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 26, 2015

arcsig
May 29, 2015

Nasgate posted:

I never made that statement. Especially since limited power weapons imbalance multiplayer more than unlimited. One rear end in a top hat that memorized the map and guns for the best weapon is going to get more kills than his skill would get. Everyone having access puts everyone on equal footing.
Map knowledge is part of skill. And everyone is already on equal footing. The power weapons are just as available for you as they are for everyone else.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Real hurthling! posted:

its more than serviceable in comparison to 360 for sure. i hear tell its not very accurate at detecting quarter circles/diagonals in stuff like fighting games though.

The dpad is like sunken into the controller in a little groove so it's hard to press diagonals quickly. Still much better than the alternative which is the raised dpad that pressed diagonals unintentionally all the fuckin time

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Mak0rz posted:

it works, but the dpad on any sony or nintendo device is better. its not that good, still has issues with diagonals and goes soft and mushy with too much use for some reason. this is an issue gaming solved when the nes came out.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
also the xbone pad itself still develops stick drift like the 360 pad, and ont he older models has extremely bad bumper buttons. also the x button has a tendency to get caught under the shell every now and again. otoh the ds4 is gods gift to controllers.

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

Yeah, the DS4 is fantastic, fixes every problem with the DS3 which is a piece of poo poo.

The WiiU Pro controller is better though. But the DS4 surprised me with how nice it feels, still hate the segmented dpad

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

but stux what about the stick rubber on the first batch being defective? hmm?
and those sticks will never work with my asymmetrical lobster claw hands!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

fruitpunch posted:

still hate the segmented dpad

they break in really nicely though. i hated mine at first and now its like butter.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I love the segmented dpad much more than the nintendo one, personally

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
they're making a 10% lighter, 8% more energy efficient, matte finish glacier white PS4

but it's not got the new 1TB hard drive in it

sm god drat h

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

It's definitely the best of the lot, to be sure. I've only had mine a week so I guess we shall see.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The PS4 controller's L1/2 and R1/2 + the xbone controller's stick and button layout and controller design = my dream controller. gently caress the shoulder buttons on the xbone controller, all 4 of em are terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Best current gen controller atm is the mkx fightpad

• Locked thread