Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

OH you mean the mona lisas duh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Byers replaces Opopanax

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

CapitalistPig posted:

Byers replaces Opopanax

What have I done?

Someone want to give me their rundown thus far while I make dinner? I'll read the thread through while I eat.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

##unvote

Opop's vote was sticking for some reason.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
wwm is scum

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I can't see Kleedrac as scum, just for voting a claimed 3p. It's not an optimum strategy, in my opinion, but it is a valid one.

And although I can see why people are skeptical of WWM's claim, I'm skeptical that a scum would try it. They would have to be scumbros, WWM would have to decide to protect Kleedrac openly when he only had three votes on him, and push like crazy.
That or, as scum, defend Kleedrac the townie when he had three votes, then continuously double down badly.

It wouldn't be a scumslip, it would have to be a scum-trip-down-a-flight-of-stairs

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Kleedrac posted:

Whelp if we're being honest I need 3 patches :P I don't really want to disclose which ones as I have a feeling that much like the card game town may have opposing goals for their timelines and I'd rather avoid town-fights if possible.

This rings false to me; if town goals mirror my own, the result of completing a goal is a power. It's only people who win on a goal completion that would want to keep them secret and spring them on the thread.

Opopanax posted:

I need the Ark of the Covenant so that'd be cool if you can give it to me so I can put it in a museum, where it belongs

This is true. It should be in a museum.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Mithross posted:

I can't see Kleedrac as scum, just for voting a claimed 3p. It's not an optimum strategy, in my opinion, but it is a valid one.

And although I can see why people are skeptical of WWM's claim, I'm skeptical that a scum would try it. They would have to be scumbros, WWM would have to decide to protect Kleedrac openly when he only had three votes on him, and push like crazy.
That or, as scum, defend Kleedrac the townie when he had three votes, then continuously double down badly.

It wouldn't be a scumslip, it would have to be a scum-trip-down-a-flight-of-stairs

I disagree. WWM could have been trying to gain cred by calling a player that was likely to get lynched town, so when they got lynched he could act like it was obvious, and we were scummy for lynching him. Then he got super called out for acting really weird around it so felt forced into making a claim that gave him a reason to know Kleedrac was town. Kleedrac does not have to be scum for scum WWM to defend him.

Sure the strategy makes no sense, because being wrong is not a scum tell ever, but you might be surprised how often scum try to do this, especially when they corner themselves by acting super scummy and start racking up votes.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

apostateCourier posted:

I love how wwm says I'm just following Jake's lead when I was the first one to vote for him :allears:

Vote, but not case. It's a valid point he made. Voting a claimed survivor isn't a scumtell, most SA players fall all over themselves to lynch claimed 3P. Unless things have changed dramatically while I was away?

aC and Kleedrac are the earlier people pinging me.

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

I'm a loving daycop. Kleedrac is town, I investigated him because he's always scummy. It's a 1-shot, but if I get the 3rd Mona Lisa it becomes permanent.

And now I don't know. Goals and missions give one-shots, but WWM got one for free?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

##vote WWM

This is based on my role PM and what I understand about the game; there seem to be no inherent power roles, just powers gained through play. WWM claimed an inherent one-shot.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Kleedrac, why do you feel that town goals should be kept hidden? That comment is really sticking out to me.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
wow byers just joined the game moments ago and has already voted scum, what an efficient player

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

JakeP posted:

wow byers just joined the game moments ago and has already voted scum, what an efficient player

Hey, JakeP, how have you been?

Also, as 3P can you tell us what your mission reward is?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Byers2142 posted:

Hey, JakeP, how have you been?

Also, as 3P can you tell us what your mission reward is?

My win condition is:

Goal: 1933 The Great Depression
1950 Zepplin factory opened in seoul
1962 World War 3

I leave the game if I acchieve this, but I also win by just surviving

I have No Mission

Because I do not have a mission associated with artifacts I may instead discard any artifacts and draw a patch/interter instead but i gave my artifact away to CL because I am content with winning by surviving, rather than actually learning how this game works

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Also I been good, its been a while, hope you are also doing well

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
There is one important thing to mention about JakeP's alternative win condition, if this game follows Chrononauts that closely: establishing WW3 negates everything on the timeline after it. They just don't exist. They aren't paradox, but gone. Which means while ww3 exists, any goals that require times after it are impossible.

With the timeline easier to repair/patch than the tabletop, it probably isn't a big deal, but it is something we should remain aware of as we go forward.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

That said, if we really does wish to win as a survivor, it won't come up, because we just won't play world war 3 if someone draws it.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

JakeP posted:

I disagree. WWM could have been trying to gain cred by calling a player that was likely to get lynched town, so when they got lynched he could act like it was obvious, and we were scummy for lynching him. Then he got super called out for acting really weird around it so felt forced into making a claim that gave him a reason to know Kleedrac was town. Kleedrac does not have to be scum for scum WWM to defend him.

Sure the strategy makes no sense, because being wrong is not a scum tell ever, but you might be surprised how often scum try to do this, especially when they corner themselves by acting super scummy and start racking up votes.

I don't know that I'm 100% sold on this explanation, but it's possible, and something I hadn't thought of.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Mithross posted:

I don't know that I'm 100% sold on this explanation, but it's possible, and something I hadn't thought of.

I think the main thing to consider is it seems that no one started the game with any powers, except WWM is claiming he did, and clearing a player who was being considered scummy and getting voted. He is also claiming infinite day cops if he acchieves his mission, whereas the people who have chimed in so far just get 1 shots for doing this.

His claim seems unlikely and was suspect to begin with

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
It really seemed pretty paniced, and I am not convinced him and kleedrac aren't both scum, that got put into a really bad spot because of WWMs claim

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

JakeP posted:

Also I been good, its been a while, hope you are also doing well

I'm better, yeah.

JakeP posted:

It really seemed pretty paniced, and I am not convinced him and kleedrac aren't both scum, that got put into a really bad spot because of WWMs claim

I could see it either way, either both scum or WWM white knighting with a fakeclaim made in a panic.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

mafia edit: That's both ways based on the claim, I'm leaning scum on Kleedrac because of his "keep it secret, keep it safe" approach to his goals.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

chaoslord posted:

How does lynching the claimed survivor help us win the game?

Said another way, every non-scum player that dies gets the remaining scum team closer to winning. You're effectively giving scum a free night kill.

If you believe Jake to be scum or a serial killer instead, that's one thing. But deciding that you believe his claim AND that he should be the lynch is choosing to avoid scum hunting and is acting against the best interest of town, IMO. It's a waste of a lynch if he is telling the truth because we are giving up the major tool we have to fight scum for ~policy reasons~.

This is actually very rational and I didn't think of this before. I really am concerned about the timeline in this game but if Jake is willing to survive and leave the timeline alone I'm fine with him staying;
##Unvote

Mithross posted:

I want to be clear: there isn't a "typical" survivor in Chrononauts, there is just a character who can win if the timeline is paradox'd out (because he owns a storefront outside of time.) I had anticipated him being the survivor.

That said, Squa Tront makes some sense, if you look up the reference. And it's obscure enough to make it less likely he's faking that part, at least.

This seems to be the scum alt-win condition.

Byers2142 posted:

##vote WWM

This is based on my role PM and what I understand about the game; there seem to be no inherent power roles, just powers gained through play. WWM claimed an inherent one-shot.

I'm still unsure on WWM - a game with an all vanilla town before conditions get met would favor the scumteam IMHO so I'm not overly shocked if some townies have powers - the idea of unlimited daycops seems brok-den though.

Byers2142 posted:

Kleedrac, why do you feel that town goals should be kept hidden? That comment is really sticking out to me.

If you wanna know my goals I'll spill but honestly it's just not overly amazo as far as rewards go. I'm not trying to hide it I just don't feel it's important. gently caress it my goal is;

1917 - keep the US out of the war
1918 - Europe economy wins
1950 - Seoul goes north

There - no more hidden info - happy now?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Kleedrac posted:

I'm less interested in what your goals are and more interested in why you assumed you should keep it hidden. The intention behind that statement.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Kleedrac posted:

If you wanna know my goals I'll spill but honestly it's just not overly amazo as far as rewards go. I'm not trying to hide it I just don't feel it's important. gently caress it my goal is;

1917 - keep the US out of the war
1918 - Europe economy wins
1950 - Seoul goes north

lol

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Byers2142 posted:

I'm less interested in what your goals are and more interested in why you assumed you should keep it hidden. The intention behind that statement.

I didn't want a townie slapfight over "But I wanted 1917 to stay as it was!" or "I wanted the other patch on 1950" or any other dumb poo poo. Does that make sense?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I'm leaving for work shortly, and it doesn't look like we have any sort of backup lynch. I never know if I'll be able to check in, and if I can check in, if I'll actually have time to make a post while I'm working (especially votes. phoneposting votes takes forever...)

##vote WWM

That's -1

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
I really wish I had been able to play this longer, oh well, teach me to white knight a townie.

##vote wwm

See you in hell! :v:

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
:redhammer:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Timecop HQ (Timeline D Subset L)

Sgt Danny Mac (Timeline S Subset Z) Triumphantly returns with a captured chaos being in tow.

"Good work Sarge!" Exclaims TimeCop commissioner J.T. Jenkins the 5th. "This one won't be bothering us again! Now to find the rest!"

But even in their triumph time was changing already things were out of place in the main timeline (A Subset A, or AlphaOne as it was commonly called)

What would the night bring?

Which Way Madness - Chaos Being - was captured on day 1!

WHICH WAY MADNESS

Role

Chaos Being 919g0

You are a simple cog in the chaos machine, merrily doing your job to cause the implosion of the universe. Yay!

You have a 2 shot Ninja

Mission

Mona Lisa Triptych

Someone has been traveling back in time and substituting forgeries of the Mona Lisa for the real thing.
In orger to put things right, you must track down all 3 versions of the famous painting.

To complete your mission you must own the following artifacts
The Real Mona Lisa The Excellent Forgery The Obvious Forgery

Upon completion you will gain a 1 shot of Roleblock

It is night 1!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

WHICH WAY MADNESS (9): apostateCourier, Puntification, Kumbamontu, Look Under The Rock, JakeP, JakeP, JakeP, Meinberg, Byers2142, Mithross, WHICH WAY MADNESS
Look Under The Rock (1): Quidnose
Quidnose (0): Look Under The Rock, Look Under The Rock
chaoslord (0): Meinberg, Meinberg
JakeP (0): Kleedrac, AnonymousNarcotics, Kumbamontu, AnonymousNarcotics, Kumbamontu, Kleedrac
garthoneeye (0): WHICH WAY MADNESS, WHICH WAY MADNESS
apostateCourier (0): Byers2142, WHICH WAY MADNESS, Byers2142, WHICH WAY MADNESS
Kleedrac (0): chaoslord, JakeP, apostateCourier, Meinberg, apostateCourier, chaoslord, JakeP, Meinberg

Not Voting (7): AnonymousNarcotics, chaoslord, garthoneeye, King Burgundy, Kleedrac, Poison Mushroom, Somberbrero

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 26th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 hours, 3 minutes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The streets of Brooklyn 1998 (Timeline H Subset L)

The Horsemen of the 155th Cavalry division were New York's Finest mounted warriors.
They were always the first to arrive at any crime scene to dole out justice.

This time they were stumped, a body just fell from the sky and landed in the middle of the street , whoever it was was wearing strange clothes and their insides were on the outside as if they exploded before impact.

This was going to be a long day.

Somberbrero - Yuri - Time aligned - was killed N1!

Role

Yuri

I Was Even Named After Gagarin

Rather than tamper with our own nation's history, my first mission was to prevent the assassination of an American president, in 1981. Ironically, this caused the collapse of the Soviet Union - and erased the Kazamastan Chronodrome from existence. So now I work for the Time Repair Agency, fixing paradoxes. (I'll get a promotion after ten...)

Goal 1969: Cosmonauts Orbit Moon
1991 Communism Reinvents itself
1995 Oklahoma City Bombing

Reward for completion 1 shot cop

You are Time aligned and win when you have eliminated all threats to the timeline!"

Mission
The Great Mysteries

With Time Travel, the great mysteries of the universe can be unraveled. For a sensation live international TV broadcast, you have been sent back through time to find the answers to these questions: How did they build those stone heads on Easter Island? What's really inside the Lost Ark of the Covenant? And of course, the ultimate question: what really happened at the beginning of the Universe?

To complete this mission you must own all three of the following artifacts
Rongo-Rongo Tablets Lost Ark of the Covenant Videotape of the Creation of the Universe

Upon completion you will become Loved and it will take one more vote than normal to kill you.

It is now Day 2!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (15): AnonymousNarcotics, apostateCourier, Byers2142, chaoslord, garthoneeye, JakeP, King Burgundy, Kleedrac, Kumbamontu, Look Under The Rock, Meinberg, Mithross, Poison Mushroom, Puntification, Quidnose

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 29th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 7 hours.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Let's try to have more than 20 posts by the end of this game day ok?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Ok, new card time.

I got a restore history, to turn red spaces back to green.

Anyone get one of the patches I need (Lincoln impeached or The Mild Recession)?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

If nobody is planning on patching one of the paradox's resulting from JFK living, I'm going to fix that. I'll wait a bit and give you guys time to respond/play a patch.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i got the WW3 card that I need for my win, but I won't use it because that would be 2 spooky and also why would anyone kill me im a good guy

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
also ##vote kleedrac

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
:ghost: sorry bye go town :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ok, I'm close to a mission being complete, just need one more item to come out and a little help getting them into my hand. So tomorrow, likely. I can't fix anything on the timeline right now.

• Locked thread