Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I have other items to give out too. And I think merk is def towny. He's been scum hunting at least and making pretty good cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

he made a really bad case on yuming that ended up being wrong.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh that's right, it's pinmom ##vote pinmom

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I don't see what use a scum inventor would be since if they gave items to scum buddies it would be really obvious. Shrug.

##bestow shield on merk

I've seen Scum Inventors many times.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Pinterest Mom posted:

What was wrong with the yuming case? You were around yesterday when I made the yuming case. Why didn't you pick it apart if it was 'really bad?'

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

merk posted:

I've seen Scum Inventors many times.

Oh ok. I haven't. But I haven't played nearly as many games.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Pinterest Mom posted:

I agree with this. Personally I have no read on merk atm.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

I don't see what use a scum inventor would be since if they gave items to scum buddies it would be really obvious. Shrug.

##bestow shield on merk

AnonymousNarcotics has produced a shield from her bag of tricks and bestowed it on merk! Other players have ten minutes to attempt to ##challenge merk for this item!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EXAKT Science posted:

AnonymousNarcotics has produced a shield from her bag of tricks and bestowed it on merk! Other players have ten minutes to attempt to ##challenge merk for this item!

##challenge merk

Sorry buddy.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

I agree with this. Personally I have no read on merk atm.

You didn't even comment on the yuming case.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

You didn't even comment on the yuming case.

You are correct. I didn't.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
People who said the yuming case was 'pretty weak' or 'really bad' who didn't comment on the yuming case as it was gaining votes:
OmegaGoo
Pinterest Mom
CCKeane

I am lynching one of these people today. OmegaGoo feels the best right now.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

People who said the yuming case was 'pretty weak' or 'really bad' who didn't comment on the yuming case as it was gaining votes:
OmegaGoo
Pinterest Mom
CCKeane

Oh merk, dear.

You're scum, aren't you?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

So what happened to Nacro, merk?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

CCKeane posted:

So what happened to Nacro, merk?

Please for the love of god stop calling me that

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think it is incredibly more scummy to play hindsight cop on the d1 lynch when you were here to actually persuade people to vote who you want to vote than anything Narc has done. I was really only voting Narc because I thought the post-me-going-to-bed stuff looked scummy, but I think what you, PinMom, and OmegaGoo are doing now is above that.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Oh merk, dear.

You're scum, aren't you?

So you think OmegaGoo and PinMom are town? I don't understand this comment.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

I think it is incredibly more scummy to play hindsight cop on the d1 lynch when you were here to actually persuade people to vote who you want to vote than anything Narc has done. I was really only voting Narc because I thought the post-me-going-to-bed stuff looked scummy, but I think what you, PinMom, and OmegaGoo are doing now is above that.

You pull this pretty frequently when you are scum, where as soon as somebody challenges you you try to flip it around on them.

Anon and Goo are worse, but this is nonsense and you know it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

So you think OmegaGoo and PinMom are town? I don't understand this comment.

I think Goo is scum.

I think PMom is town atm.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think merk and ANarc are likely scumbuds, but I'm not going after merk until anarc flips.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

You pull this pretty frequently when you are scum, where as soon as somebody challenges you you try to flip it around on them.

Anon and Goo are worse, but this is nonsense and you know it.

What is nonsense about it?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

But, tell you what merk, why don't you make your case to me as to why you're the most townie person in the game?

Because you're town or you're scum, and if you're town and you go objective, you'll see pretty easily that you aren't particularly townie and can see that Anon would have given you an item simply because you have enough of a reputation that giving you an item could have boosted her status. You'll also note that she didn't just say "eh, I'll give it to merk" but specifically gave you an item saying you were the towniest player in the game.

If you're scum you can make fart noises for a while and then try to build a fake case on me before I'm able to get your number entirely.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

What is nonsense about it?

It's nonsense because yeah, we're all looking back in hindsight, but your case was bad because you leaned on gut and yuming was town. If yuming was scum, well then it'd have been a good case, but she wasn't.

Anon calling you town despite your one notable case being off base is bananas.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
No. Not only am I not the most townie person in the game (and I don't know who is), I don't play like that. I find scum.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
CCKeane has stepped forward to challenge merk for the shield!

Because this challenge has only two combatants, it will be settled by a round of Odds and Evens.

merk, as the challenged player, you get to choose between odds or evens. Then, each of you will PM me a number. If the sum of those numbers is odd, the player who chose odds wins, and vice versa. The winner of this challenge will receive the shield.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

No. Not only am I not the most townie person in the game (and I don't know who is), I don't play like that. I find scum.

Good, I'm glad you agree.

Then you agree that Anon did not do what she said she would do.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I was gearing up a scenario where AnonNarc donated a shield to a scumbro, but the mechanic being an open day action that other people can challenge, doesn't birdstrike me as particularly scummy.

Bring on the challenge.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

It's nonsense because yeah, we're all looking back in hindsight, but your case was bad because you leaned on gut and yuming was town. If yuming was scum, well then it'd have been a good case, but she wasn't.

Anon calling you town despite your one notable case being off base is bananas.

You called the case really bad. If it was really bad, where were you to point out its flaws? Why did that case win the day over Narc? If it was really bad why aren't you analyzing the players that supported it?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I don't want the shield. Keane I will pick evens and submit the number 1.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

You called the case really bad. If it was really bad, where were you to point out its flaws? Why did that case win the day over Narc? If it was really bad why aren't you analyzing the players that supported it?

I said I agreed with PMom, and that case won the day over Anon because she is scum and her buddies blew that way.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I didn't give merk the shield bc of his yuming case. I did it because he's one of the only people in this game actually casing people and scum hunting. I know I haven't done much of it either, but like I said the other day, I've been very busy so most of my posts are just responses to other people.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

merk posted:

I don't want the shield. Keane I will pick evens and submit the number 1.

Doesn't want the shield?Are you telling me it's not worth at least twenty shekels?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I didn't give merk the shield bc of his yuming case. I did it because he's one of the only people in this game actually casing people and scum hunting. I know I haven't done much of it either, but like I said the other day, I've been very busy so most of my posts are just responses to other people.

Okay, please show me the non-yuming case that you really liked, because merk has 30 drat posts and is well below average for activity in this game.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I guess you didn't actually read the post you quoted past the first 4 words

Ninja: past the first sentence

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Uh...yes. That's exactly what I was saying. Off the top of my head, merk and keane were the ones I was thinking of. I also was suspish of imgay and cpig for the same reasons but looking back, they seem to have actually tried to contribute recently.

This was the post in question that PMom called out. Specifically, regarding whether or not imgay had, near that point, been trying harder than before. I went back a few pages and didn't see anything game-relevant.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Please point out where imgay has tried to contribute, ty.

He made one actually decent post. Which isn't much but does refute my point of him hiding behind flavor posts.

I'm trying to put myself in ANarc's shoes here if I were asked that question. If I were town and telling the truth about my read on imgay, I feel almost certain I would have quoted his effortpost specifically and further explained why I felt the way I did.

ANarc's answer (which had me confused because after reading the exchange I still didn't know to what she was reffering) didn't have that vibe. She doesn't quote it, nor does she particularly seem to want to talk about it. The guarded feel I get from her response is that she was fabricating an opinion on imgay that she couldn't defend.

##vote ANarc

Uh wow I just saw the item thing so I'm going to react to that in another post.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I guess you didn't actually read the post you quoted past the first 4 words

Ninja: past the first sentence

Okay, cool, please pick out your favorite merk posts, since he has made 30 posts this game and you are full of LIES.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm totally lost
Sorry I haven't been giving this game my full attention :(

Birsdstrike please tell me who the bad guys are.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
merk chooses EVENS
CCKeane is given ODDS

merk submits the number 1
CCKeane submits 2

The sum is ODD!

CCKeane wins the shield!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EXAKT Science posted:

merk chooses EVENS
CCKeane is given ODDS

merk submits the number 1
CCKeane submits 2

The sum is ODD!

CCKeane wins the shield!

Merk was completely true to his word, which does speak well of him here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Ignoring intentions for a second, I'm looking at Merk's case on yuming and I feel that it was made at a point after ANarc was starting to get some momentum going towards her.

On day 2, as PMom and Keane continue building a case on ANarc, Merk changes his tune - first subtly, then directly:

merk posted:

I will probably vote Anarc.

merk posted:

##vote OmegaGoo

You seem pretty certain Anarc is town for no reason I can discern.

merk posted:

OmegaGoo
Pinterest Mom
CCKeane

Merk - what is your read on ANarc at the moment?

(geez this game moves fast, this post is coming a few behind whatever's current)

• Locked thread