Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

merk posted:

You called the case really bad. If it was really bad, where were you to point out its flaws? Why did that case win the day over Narc? If it was really bad why aren't you analyzing the players that supported it?

The question isn't whether the case on yuming was good or bad - it was a good case. That doesn't necessarily mean anything - it might have been because you're town who had a good scumread that was wrong, or it might be because you're scum who knew he could persuasively case the best.

Pinterest Mom posted:

I think merk and ANarc are likely scumbuds, but I'm not going after merk until anarc flips.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Wow I guess if I don't quote people I'm scum. Because it's really hard to go look at someone's post history.

Here are some good merk posts

merk posted:

OmegaGoo also irked me earlier today when he said the Yuming case was weak after the fact without analyzing how that statement advances scum hunting discussion today.

merk posted:

This post. If you thought it was a weak case where were you yesterday trying to get us to lynch someone else? What does the weak case say about alignment? How can you say QPQ made the scummiest vote and then not vote him?

This dude isn't scum hunting.

merk posted:

I think it is incredibly more scummy to play hindsight cop on the d1 lynch when you were here to actually persuade people to vote who you want to vote than anything Narc has done. I was really only voting Narc because I thought the post-me-going-to-bed stuff looked scummy, but I think what you, PinMom, and OmegaGoo are doing now is above that.

I swear if because of this post someone calls me scum for "town hunting" instead of scum hunting, I'm replacing out.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I did some revision from the perspective of AnonNarc being scum, it would make me more comfortable about Ecco being town. I think Keane is town anyway.

If AnonNarc flips scum it makes garth's last minute switch into town yuming look worse.

imgay's posting does not give me hints as to his alignment.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm trying to put myself in ANarc's shoes here if I were asked that question. If I were town and telling the truth about my read on imgay, I feel almost certain I would have quoted his effortpost specifically and further explained why I felt the way I did.

ANarc's answer (which had me confused because after reading the exchange I still didn't know to what she was reffering) didn't have that vibe. She doesn't quote it, nor does she particularly seem to want to talk about it. The guarded feel I get from her response is that she was fabricating an opinion on imgay that she couldn't defend.

Mmt that is complete bullshit because as soon as I was asked about it, I posted the quote with my reasoning. Your case is completely made up bullshit lies

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Pinterest Mom posted:

Please point out where imgay has tried to contribute, ty.

He made one actually decent post. Which isn't much but does refute my point of him hiding behind flavor posts.

imgay posted:

Having a good case when we have zero information really falls flat for me. Building up early rhetoric just seems to be a town thing for some people. Most games I've played usually at least one scum is seen to be accepted as town for these kind of dumb reasons

But tbh I'm used to imgay shitposting in every game and it's a null tell for me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Wow I guess if I don't quote people I'm scum. Because it's really hard to go look at someone's post history.

Here are some good merk posts

I swear if because of this post someone calls me scum for "town hunting" instead of scum hunting, I'm replacing out.

Please don't take offense! It's all a game. Can you understand how it might be suspicious that (a) both Merk cases came at times when you were under pressure, (b) the one on Omegagoo caused him to flop on his previous scum-read on you, and (c) you then rewarded him with an item for seeming "most town"?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Mmt that is complete bullshit because as soon as I was asked about it, I posted the quote with my reasoning. Your case is completely made up bullshit lies

I didn't see you refer to his post! My bad.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
So mmt way to jump on a bandwagon with completely fabricated content. Scummy af

##vote mmt

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I still stand by my assessment that your declaring Merk towniest combined with the timing of his cases / flopping opinion of you is suspicious. Regarding imgay, I retract what I said about you not explaining your information (but still question if his single post warranted that comment) and apologize if it seems like I was trying to fabricate something.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Murmur Twin posted:

I still stand by my assessment that your declaring Merk towniest combined with the timing of his cases / flopping opinion of you is suspicious. Regarding imgay, I retract what I said about you not explaining your information (but still question if his single post warranted that comment) and apologize if it seems like I was trying to fabricate something.

MMT you are too polite, I think you're lying.

Lying about liking the Red Sox.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

No Red Sox fan has ever apologized for anything.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CCKeane posted:

MMT you are too polite, I think you're lying.

Lying about liking the Red Sox.

I'm going to watch and heckle them Wednesday night. Joe Kelly sure is a good pitcher!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote mmt

CCKeane posted:

No Red Sox fan has ever apologized for anything.

Also, the fact that I'm a Red Sox fan in 2015 shows that I don't jump on bandwagons :downsrim:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

Also, the fact that I'm a Red Sox fan in 2015 shows that I don't jump on bandwagons :downsrim:

Unlike the 1986 Red Sox, that was well played.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Birdstrike posted:

I did some revision from the perspective of AnonNarc being scum, it would make me more comfortable about Ecco being town. I think Keane is town anyway.

If AnonNarc flips scum it makes garth's last minute switch into town yuming look worse.

imgay's posting does not give me hints as to his alignment.

I flipped because I thought a no-lynch would have been worse for the town and there was no way ANarc was getting lynched by that time.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Oh that's right, it's pinmom ##vote pinmom

What makes you say pmom?

##vote mmt

What is your read on QPQ? You voted for him but never cased him.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Are we reading the same game? I never voted qpq. I can go look at his posts though and see if anything stands out

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CCKeane posted:

Merk was completely true to his word, which does speak well of him here.

I disagree. What's he going to do, publically lie to you and hang on to the item while he's got some heat on him?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Opopanax posted:

I disagree. What's he going to do, publically lie to you and hang on to the item while he's got some heat on him?

I would have, tbh.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I would have lied to merk and if he believed me I would have spiked the football so hard.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Some of you were there so correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't scum merk encourage Ecco to daycop him in the TNG game?

merk is a standup guy and all but it doesn't make him town.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I would have been like, "HEY MERK REMEMBER WHEN YOU BELIEVED ME, CCKEANE, KNOWN TRICKSTER AND SCOUNDREL?!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
QPQ's only contribution today is to vote AnonNarc and then encourage her to claim. No thoughts on the game except an "ugh."

I think all but one of the votes currently on AnonNarc are from people who didn't vote yuming yesterday, so I can see some consistency there. QPQ did lynch yuming though and I don't know why he's on AnonNarc now.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Romani Ite Domum

##vote QuoProQuid

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

QuoProQuid posted:

Uuugggghhhh.

##Vote: Narco

This is a scummy vote. It's not like it's down to the wire and you need to hammer. There aren't even that many votes on me. You haven't expressed any opinion on me before and now you're just jumping on the bandwagon.

This is what I was referring to when I asked that last question to ANarc. I should have said "called scummy" when I said "voted for" but didn't realize there was an actual vote - again, my bad.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Why MMT is Scum: A Case By ANarc

On day 1, she made a fake case against keane to see what people's reactions would be. Not knowing the case was fake, some people agreed with the case, others immediately said she was scum, others (like me) said it was a bad case, but it was pro-town that she was scum hunting. Now it is clearer that fake content is all she can come up with.

Obviously I don't agree with people who think I'm scum, but at least I can understand how some of my posts may come off scummy to certain people. However, MMTs "reasons" to vote me are all completely made up. I'm not going to quote every single post because most of this exchange happened on this exakt page (24). Here's the post that started the argument. Notice bolded parts.

Murmur Twin posted:

Uh...yes. That's exactly what I was saying. Off the top of my head, merk and keane were the ones I was thinking of. I also was suspish of imgay and cpig for the same reasons but looking back, they seem to have actually tried to contribute recently
This was the post in question that PMom called out. Specifically, regarding whether or not imgay had, near that point, been trying harder than before. I went back a few pages and didn't see anything game-relevant.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Please point out where imgay has tried to contribute, ty

He made one actually decent post. Which isn't much but does refute my point of him hiding behind flavor posts

I'm trying to put myself in ANarc's shoes here if I were asked that question. If I were town and telling the truth about my read on imgay, I feel almost certain I would have quoted his effortpost specifically and further explained why I felt the way I did.

ANarc's answer (which had me confused because after reading the exchange I still didn't know to what she was reffering) didn't have that vibe. She doesn't quote it, nor does she particularly seem to want to talk about it. The guarded feel I get from her response is that she was fabricating an opinion on imgay that she couldn't defend.

##vote ANarc

Uh wow I just saw the item thing so I'm going to react to that in another post.

This stuff is just made up to make me look bad, and I bet she's hoping no one will go back and actually look. When I called her out on the lies, she said:

Murmur Twin posted:

I didn't see you refer to his post! My bad.

However, my post that she quoted earlier HAD the imgay quote in it. So it's not like she could have just accidentally missed seeing a post.

The next thing she says to try and frame me is

Murmur Twin posted:

What is your read on QPQ? You voted for him but never cased him.

This is actually the complete opposite of what happened. I called qpq out for making a scummy vote, but I never voted for him.

MMT is trying to fabricate content to make me look like scum because the people who aren't on the Vote ANarc Bandwagon yet know that there is no case.

Vote MMT for Truth and Justice

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CCKeane posted:

I would have been like, "HEY MERK REMEMBER WHEN YOU BELIEVED ME, CCKEANE, KNOWN TRICKSTER AND SCOUNDREL?!

Sure, but you're keane and he's merk.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

On day 1, she made a fake case against keane to see what people's reactions would be. Not knowing the case was fake, some people agreed with the case, others immediately said she was scum, others (like me) said it was a bad case, but it was pro-town that she was scum hunting. Now it is clearer that fake content is all she can come up with.

Obviously I don't agree with people who think I'm scum, but at least I can understand how some of my posts may come off scummy to certain people. However, MMTs "reasons" to vote me are all completely made up. I'm not going to quote every single post because most of this exchange happened on this exakt page (24). Here's the post that started the argument. Notice bolded parts.

This was the post in question that PMom called out. Specifically, regarding whether or not imgay had, near that point, been trying harder than before. I went back a few pages and didn't see anything game-relevant.

##vote ANarc

Uh wow I just saw the item thing so I'm going to react to that in another post.

This stuff is just made up to make me look bad, and I bet she's hoping no one will go back and actually look. When I called her out on the lies, she said:

However, my post that she quoted earlier HAD the imgay quote in it. So it's not like she could have just accidentally missed seeing a post.

The next thing she says to try and frame me is

This is actually the complete opposite of what happened. I called qpq out for making a scummy vote, but I never voted for him.

MMT is trying to fabricate content to make me look like scum because the people who aren't on the Vote ANarc Bandwagon yet know that there is no case.

Vote MMT for Truth and Justice
[/quote]

Good to see a case from you. You think MMT is the scummiest atm?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Opopanax posted:

Sure, but you're keane and he's merk.

We are opposite sides of the same coin (I am the outside and he is the inside)

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Yeah I do. Ecco was my other top pick but he hasn't been around much today. I also definitely see merk's case on goo. I'll have to take a closer look at him.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yeah I do. Ecco was my other top pick but he hasn't been around much today. I also definitely see merk's case on goo. I'll have to take a closer look at him.

The case I had on Goo yesterday still applies today. You may wish to look there as well.

Or not, I don't care, *sighs wistfully*

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

This was your opinion when I first made the "case":

Hey, when everyone else is shitposting, one person making a case, no matter how fake or dumb it was, is scum hunting. She kick started the game basically. All I said was that she felt town to me for actually trying to play the game while the rest of us jerked around.

I never disputed that the Keane case was fake, nor did I try and keep up the illusion that that first case was scum-hunting. I find it suspicious that ANarc thought my posting was pro-town but then changed her mind when I started casing her.

quote:

My reasons for suspecting ANarc:

- I found ANarc's answer to PMom's case overly guarded :350:
- She declared Merk town, someone whose two main cases (yuming and Omega) have come at times when ANarc was under pressure
- The evolution of Merk's suspicion of ANarc into suspicion of Omega/PMom/CKeane feels like the play of a scumbro
- She voted for called QPQ "scummy" but showed no interest in following up on that hunch, which makes me think that opinion is fabricated
- She felt that my fake case on Keane seemed like scumhunting when I wasn't casing her, but decided it is scummy when I started casing her, which makes me think that opinion is fabricated

quote:

This stuff is just made up to make me look bad, and I bet she's hoping no one will go back and actually look.

---

It's not like I haven't replied to your replies, I've been addressing them as they come. The first point (that I thought you were guarded re: imgay) was because I didn't see you quote him in your answer. The second point (that you didn't vote QPQ) was simply me using the incorrect word and didn't change the actual point I was trying to make. If you think QPQ made a scummy vote, why not follow up on it?

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
I said I'd reread from the phonepost I made earlier, and then I ended up doing life things instead of rereading. Now that I've actually reread:

The case against Anarc when this whole poo poo started was basically Anarc going "Hey, I think MMT's D1 fakecasing was ok because it sparked discussion and was one of the only scumhunts at the time" and PMom jumping in and saying "Since when did bolding random words become scumhunting?" PMom then proceeded to tunnel Anarc the rest of d1.

I don't think Anarc's reactions are out line, seeing as how the accusations did, in fact, twist the meaning of her words, which she repeatedly pointed out. That, and with how neat and tidy the bandwagons were yesterday, it makes a lot of sense that both of the targets were town.

----

Being new to SA setups, how many scum can we expect in this size of game? 3~5?

----

Basically, I'm looking at the votes, and I can't seem to wrap my head around how many people dove onto the yuming vote without anything more than an "I agree!" QPQ's vote, in particular, had such strange timing with the explanation that it looks really scummy.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

OmegaGoo posted:

I said I'd reread from the phonepost I made earlier, and then I ended up doing life things instead of rereading.

Doing life things? So suss right now.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Murmur Twin posted:

This was your opinion when I first made the "case":

I never disputed that the Keane case was fake, nor did I try and keep up the illusion that that first case was scum-hunting. I find it suspicious that ANarc thought my posting was pro-town but then changed her mind when I started casing her.

My reasons for suspecting ANarc:

- I found ANarc's answer to PMom's case overly guarded :350:
- She declared Merk town, someone whose two main cases (yuming and Omega) have come at times when ANarc was under pressure
- The evolution of Merk's suspicion of ANarc into suspicion of Omega/PMom/CKeane feels like the play of a scumbro
- She voted for called QPQ "scummy" but showed no interest in following up on that hunch, which makes me think that opinion is fabricated
- She felt that my fake case on Keane seemed like scumhunting when I wasn't casing her, but decided it is scummy when I started casing her, which makes me think that opinion is fabricated

It's not like I haven't replied to your replies, I've been addressing them as they come. The first

point (that I thought you were guarded re: imgay) was because I didn't see you quote him in your answer. The second point (that you didn't vote QPQ) was simply me using the incorrect word and didn't change the actual point I was trying to make. If you think QPQ made a scummy vote, why not follow up on it?

You are still misrepresenting my words.

1. "I never disputed that the Keane case was fake, nor did I try and keep up the illusion that that first case was scum-hunting. I find it suspicious that ANarc thought my posting was pro-town but then changed her mind when I started casing her."

I never said your posting was pro-town and then changed my mind. I said the fact that you were scum hunting was pro-town. Based on your case on me today that is based on imaginary things, it leads me to believe you are faking content and not actually scum hunting.

2. "She declared Merk town, someone whose two main cases (yuming and Omega) have come at times when ANarc was under pressure"

Again, I deemed merk townie because he was actually casing people and scum hunting when no one else really was.

3. "The evolution of Merk's suspicion of ANarc into suspicion of Omega/PMom/CKeane feels like the play of a scumbro
"

I have no effect or control over merk. His votes and opinions are his own and it's unfair to say I'm scum because he isn't currently suspicious of me.

4. "She voted for called QPQ "scummy" but showed no interest in following up on that hunch, which makes me think that opinion is fabricated"

All I said was that he made a scummy vote. It wasn't necessarily a hunch. Does anyone else see why it's scummy? If they do, then it's not a fabricated opinion.

Your last bullet point I already addressed.

I really think you're scum just doubling down on this vote because I caught you out on your lovely tactics.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I think :350: is a more likely explanation. i hounded her the beginning of the game for what turned out to be mostly a misunderstanding as well, though. So I get it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Opopanax posted:

I definitely thought about it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Narc

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##unvote

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
^^Narc's recent posts have a ton that feels off, so my vote is going back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I am in a rush today and unfortunately did not have a lot of time to devote to posting over the weekend. I really didn't think she was scum yesterday, hence the "uugggghhhh," and I was hoping she would post something to alleviate some issues surrounding her.

I don't agree with merk's case on Goo. The guy has seemed consistently engaged with the game and I don't get the sense that he's not scum hunting. Haven't been able to do more than skim Narc's case on MMT, but it's certainly a dramatic shift from what I remember of her usual play style.

Getting off early today, so I will be back with more substantial contributions around 6:00 PM EST.

• Locked thread