Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Gorgolflox posted:

I'd like to know this as well, the total play time in the character menu says I've played for 7 days so far which seems a little high to me.

Mine says 7 days and change, too, and it hasn't seemed to shift from that in a while despite how much I've played lately.

Then again, maybe I have done 180 hours or whatever. Seems high for only level 27 now though, having just finished Battle at Kaer Morhen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

The Lone Badger posted:

I wish there was a cosmetic slot for armor.

Also, I automatically side with witcherbros whenever I meet them. Racism goes both ways assholes.

Except for Jad Karadin. He is a race traitor and must be eradicated.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Palpek posted:

I found a favorite armor:

Too bad it has garbage stats but it's fashion that counts the most anyway.

Seems to be the case with all of the best looking armor. At least I finally hit the stage where most of it doesn't either look like a burlap sack or clown suit, like they all seemed to for the first 50 hours of the game.

Speaking of armor, what is the difference between armor types beyond weight and stats? I'm at the point where I'm finding heavy armor all over the place and it doesn't seem to slow Geralt down at all, so why make the distinction?

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jul 27, 2015

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Palpek posted:

I found a favorite armor:

Too bad it has garbage stats but it's fashion that counts the most anyway.

What armor is that?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

NESguerilla posted:

Seems to be the case with all of the best looking armor. At least I finally hit the stage where most of it doesn't either look like a burlap sack or clown suit, like they all seemed to for the first 50 hours of the game.

Speaking of armor, what is the difference between armor types beyond weight and stats? I'm at the point where I'm finding heavy armor all over the place and it doesn't seem to slow Geralt down at all, so why make the distinction?

The only major distinction is related to the unique 1 point talents you can get that give bonuses the more of one type of armor you wear. Light Armor (Cat) increases critical and fast attack damage. Medium Armor (Gryphon) increases sign potency and stamina regen. Heavy Armor (Bear) gives strong attack damage and hit points.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh excellent. Thanks. Guess I need to lay off the heavy armor since I'm all about that light attack.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Is there something I'm missing about igni? People in here sing it's praises, but to me it seems to do very little damage at all and even the armor reduction aspect of it is barely noticeable. I've tried putting points into all the igni stuff, using alt mode, sledding for sign intensity on medium armor, just seems like a waste of stamina, which is a bummer cause it's the only real direct damage sign.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

cams posted:

Is there something I'm missing about igni? People in here sing it's praises, but to me it seems to do very little damage at all and even the armor reduction aspect of it is barely noticeable. I've tried putting points into all the igni stuff, using alt mode, sledding for sign intensity on medium armor, just seems like a waste of stamina, which is a bummer cause it's the only real direct damage sign.

I don't remember if it was because of alternate mode or for some other reason but the dot from Igni is percent health based so it wrecks really big scary stuff.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Use alt igni, and leave guys burning while you hit other guys. Try doing a witcher contract 10 levels above you with just alt igni.

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

Doesn't light/medium/heavy armor affect your Stamina also?

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Use alt igni, and leave guys burning while you hit other guys. Try doing a witcher contract 10 levels above you with just alt igni.

I remember reading that alt Igni was needed pretty hard in 1.07 -something about it not stun-locking burning targets anymore. Is that the case now?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

chami posted:

I remember reading that alt Igni was needed pretty hard in 1.07 -something about it not stun-locking burning targets anymore. Is that the case now?

Ahh - that would be a good change. I haven't played since the patch came out.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

chami posted:

Seems to be.

Is there ever a reason to use strong attack?
Yrden lets you get behind things and it's easy to stack crit damage. I can regularly just stay behind things that are slowed and wreck them with fast attacks. To the point where I'm wondering why I'd ever do anything else. I'm not on Death March though (the one before it, whatever the name is).

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Han Nehi posted:

Doesn't light/medium/heavy armor affect your Stamina also?
+10%/+0%/-10% stamina regen, iirc.

Spite posted:

Yrden lets you get behind things and it's easy to stack crit damage. I can regularly just stay behind things that are slowed and wreck them with fast attacks. To the point where I'm wondering why I'd ever do anything else. I'm not on Death March though (the one before it, whatever the name is).
Archgriffin decoction makes your strong attack stupidly powerful, and on some enemies, you've only got time for one swing before you want to be rolling away. Might as well be a strong attack.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Why thank you NPC in Novagrad! I'm very thankful for this schematic for a sword with a level Requirement of 42. Just 29 more levels to go!

Last time I beat the game I was like... 30 or so I believe. Whats with the random items with nutty level requirements? Anyone actually reached level 42?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I assume you'll be hitting those kinds of levels in the expansions.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Snak posted:

What armor is that?
Undvik armor. It's from the Skellige armor DLC. I've only seen it available for purchase directly from the armorer on top of Kaer Trolde. He also has the Undvik horse set that is as good as the Zerikanian (except for one piece giving 5 points fewer) that imo also looks better:

Now I'm reading that there's also level 41 version of it which is one of the best armors in the game so :toot: looking forward to that one when I get to that level.

That said I still can't talk to the Kaer Trolde blacksmith that stands right next to the armorer and it's apparently a bug that still hasn't been fixed with 1.07 which additionally makes some side/mission not possible to be finished.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jul 27, 2015

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Just busted out laughing after a Novigrad guard shouted NO LOLLYGAGGIN' right in my face. I'm level 25 and have about 50 hours played, how have I never heard this before :psyduck:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Orv posted:

Nearly all of my favorite dialogue scenes in 3 are ones where entire back and forths are just expressions, even if it's somewhere where another game would just have a quick throwaway line, and it's a quirk of an eyebrow answered by a shrug or something. They're almost all really well done.

Geralt and the tabby cat.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Palpek posted:

Undvik armor. It's from the Skellige armor DLC. I've only seen it available for purchase directly from the armorer on top of Kaer Trolde. He also has the Undvik horse set that is as good as the Zerikanian (except for one piece giving 5 points fewer) that imo also looks better:

Now I'm reading that there's also level 41 version of it which is one of the best armors in the game so :toot: looking forward to that one when I get to that level.

That said I still can't talk to the Kaer Trolde blacksmith that stands right next to the armorer and it's apparently a bug that still hasn't been fixed with 1.07 which additionally makes some side/mission not possible to be finished.

What type of item is that considered? There isn't a slot for full horse armor? Are there other full sets like that in the game?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is Cracht going to be offended if I tell him I've got more legendary swords than I can carry and he really should keep it

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
There should be an option to put reward items like swords on a wall display thing in the persons house to give it back to them.

Or go full Skyrim and have a player house with weapon displays and manequins you can put extra armors on.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
It'd be great to have a spot for displaying all your trophies, except that they're literally rotting severed heads :gonk:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

webmeister posted:

It'd be great to have a spot for displaying all your trophies, except that they're literally rotting severed heads :gonk:

Roach should get a wagon he pulls behind him. You can display all your loot / monster heads there.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Palpek posted:

SSX to the bottom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti1ovTj8xng

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

NESguerilla posted:

What type of item is that considered? There isn't a slot for full horse armor? Are there other full sets like that in the game?
I'm only calling it a set because the the items have the same 'Undvik' name before them. It's not green like the Witcher sets or anything.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Yeah, that't exactly it, you can do that from a high mountain and steer a bit like an actual snowboard. You can also try jumping and rolling on top of curves as a sort of trick but that's risky business because if Geralt doesn't roll on landing he's dead.

Somebody should make a snwoboarding map that spawns you on top of some gigantic mountain and gives you checkpoints to ride through.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Palpek posted:

Yeah, that't exactly it, you can do that from a high mountain and steer a bit like an actual snowboard. You can also try jumping and rolling on top of curves as a sort of trick but that's risky business because if Geralt doesn't roll on landing he's dead.

Somebody should make a snwoboarding map that spawns you on top of some gigantic mountain and gives you checkpoints to ride through.

Plant some trees and spawn a cyclops or something too, for Ski Free simulation

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Palpek posted:

I've done everything in the game other than some of the smugglers caches in Skellige (gently caress that) and I'm level 35. I really have no idea how you'd get to level 41!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Pyromancer posted:

Plant some trees and spawn a cyclops or something too, for Ski Free simulation

This will be glorious when the modding tools come out.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Spite posted:

There's a special strong attack in the skill tree which is pretty nice when you're fighting against a single enemy and don't want to Whirl into the air like stupid.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Lawnie posted:

Hey Comte, I'm a spergy shithead about typos and stuff, and I notice quite a few in subtitles, etc. if I started tracking what I've noticed, would you be interested in it to patch in the correct dialogue?

This is by no means a complaint about the game. It owns and I just want to see it a bit more perfect.

This goes for everyone who has spotted bugs you want fixed: please report them on the official forums. I skim this thread (at best) and it's not my job to write bugs up anyway, I have other stuff to work on. Any bugs you submit are *greatly* appreciated.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Guys, could you start sharing skill tree builds? Especially people doing good on Death March. There's a nice skill calculator that lets you link your build.

Just remember to also put the skills you're using into active slots on the right and recreate your actual in-game builds atm because you can use 100 points in that calculator and that's obviously unrealistic.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Dammit Roach not right now, I'm kinda busy

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

It still cracks me up when you approach some random blacksmith and he starts talking about his grief after his son died and you're like 'Oh, that story is tragic and I'll let you finish but do you fancy playing some Gwent first?"

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Palpek posted:

It still cracks me up when you approach some random blacksmith and he starts talking about his grief after his son died and you're like 'Oh, that story is tragic and I'll let you finish but do you fancy playing some Gwent first?"

I love the fact the Geralt handles it with the straightest fuckin face ever.

I also like when he says "yeah I'm not gonna buy poo poo but let's play some cards."

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Palpek posted:

Guys, could you start sharing skill tree builds? Especially people doing good on Death March. There's a nice skill calculator that lets you link your build.

Just remember to also put the skills you're using into active slots on the right and recreate your actual in-game builds atm because you can use 100 points in that calculator and that's obviously unrealistic.

Level 35, 323% sign intensity.
It doesn't seem to save the last three slots, just imagine Quen Discharge, Griffin School, and Synergy in there.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

GrossMurpel posted:

Level 35, 323% sign intensity.
It doesn't seem to save the last three slots, just imagine Quen Discharge, Griffin School, and Synergy in there.
Nice, so zero points put into the melee tree? That's interesting, do signs just melt everything instantly or what?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Palpek posted:

Nice, so zero points put into the melee tree? That's interesting, do signs just melt everything instantly or what?

Alt Igni fully upgraded with 200% sign intensity or more will basically melt anything. From lvl 15-20 (depending on how many places of power you visit) onwards you could probably beat the game on DM using only that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NESguerilla posted:

The only one I have found so far that I think you have to kill was the one in the Master Armorer quest. He was already aggroed but I was not thrilled about having to kill him.

Just did that quest and happily I was able to avoid killing him by having him come after me on one side, then running all the way past him, up the stairs and out the tunnel to the ledge where the goats are hanging out, causing me to drop out of combat. I went around the ledge, came in the other tunnel on that side and was able to get down and loot the chest before he aggroed again.

No trolls will die on my watch if I can help it. :)

"What is light as a feather, but a troll can't hold it?"
".......piss? :downs:"