Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

QuoProQuid posted:

I am in a rush today and unfortunately did not have a lot of time to devote to posting over the weekend. I really didn't think she was scum yesterday, hence the "uugggghhhh," and I was hoping she would post something to alleviate some issues surrounding her.

I don't agree with merk's case on Goo. The guy has seemed consistently engaged with the game and I don't get the sense that he's not scum hunting. Haven't been able to do more than skim Narc's case on MMT, but it's certainly a dramatic shift from what I remember of her usual play style.

Getting off early today, so I will be back with more substantial contributions around 6:00 PM EST.

She referring to Narco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm cooling a little bit, I think.

##vote: Anon

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

I'm cooling a little bit, I think.

##vote: Anon

##unvote

Man, gently caress mornings.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
The next challenge will start at 7 PM tonight

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

AnonymousNarcotics (5): Pinterest Mom, CCKeane, merk, EccoRaven, QuoProQuid, merk, Murmur Twin, merk, CCKeane, CCKeane, CCKeane
imgay (1): OmegaGoo
Pinterest Mom (1): Opopanax
Murmur Twin (1): AnonymousNarcotics
QuoProQuid (1): Birdstrike
merk (0): imgay, imgay
OmegaGoo (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (6): CapitalistPig, CCKeane, garthoneeye, imgay, King Burgundy, Roydrowsy

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 28th, 2015 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I really think you're scum just doubling down on this vote because I caught you out on your lovely tactics.

We may need to agree to disagree here - given that we both seem to think the other is scum, fair enough.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

You are still misrepresenting my words.

1. "I never disputed that the Keane case was fake, nor did I try and keep up the illusion that that first case was scum-hunting. I find it suspicious that ANarc thought my posting was pro-town but then changed her mind when I started casing her."

I never said your posting was pro-town and then changed my mind. I said the fact that you were scum hunting was pro-town. Based on your case on me today that is based on imaginary things, it leads me to believe you are faking content and not actually scum hunting.

Why does my case on you on D2 change whether I was scum hunting on D1?

[quote="AnonymousNarcotics" post="448211963""
4. "She voted for called QPQ "scummy" but showed no interest in following up on that hunch, which makes me think that opinion is fabricated"

All I said was that he made a scummy vote. It wasn't necessarily a hunch. Does anyone else see why it's scummy? If they do, then it's not a fabricated opinion.
[/quote]

That's my point - all you did was say he made a scummy vote. Does this mean you think he's scum? If so, why not ask him more questions to follow up on your lead? If not, why bring it up at all?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm on board for Goo now.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

#1 - beginning of D2, Merk will vote Narc:

merk posted:

I will probably vote Anarc.

---

##vote Anarc

#2 - Merk decides the people casing ANarc are more suspicious than she is and declares he is most suspicious of Omega/PMom/Keane:

merk posted:

People who said the yuming case was 'pretty weak' or 'really bad' who didn't comment on the yuming case as it was gaining votes:
OmegaGoo
Pinterest Mom
CCKeane

I am lynching one of these people today. OmegaGoo feels the best right now.

---

I think it is incredibly more scummy to play hindsight cop on the d1 lynch when you were here to actually persuade people to vote who you want to vote than anything Narc has done. I was really only voting Narc because I thought the post-me-going-to-bed stuff looked scummy, but I think what you, PinMom, and OmegaGoo are doing now is above that.

#3 - still in D2, Merk switches back to ANarc:

merk posted:

##vote Narc

---

^^Narc's recent posts have a ton that feels off, so my vote is going back.

Merk: Can you explain the evolution of your reads on Keane/PMom specifically? Also what about Narc's posts caused your switch from #2 to #3?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote Goo

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CCKeane posted:

I'm on board for Goo now.

Why? Not saying you're right or wrong, just looking for the logic behind the switch.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

Why? Not saying you're right or wrong, just looking for the logic behind the switch.

Combination of the item being useless for scum and the recent uptick in posting and casing

I don't think Anon is cleared by any means, but I do think the preponderance of evidence weighs heavier on Goo.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Murmur Twin posted:

Merk: Can you explain the evolution of your reads on Keane/PMom specifically? Also what about Narc's posts caused your switch from #2 to #3?

Everything I want to say is already in the thread. That sounds snarky, but it isn't meant to be. I don't have anything to save over what I've already said.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will add that Narc's posts have a constructed tone to them. The two yuming empty quoted at end of day yesterday jump out, for example, and the most recent set of posts do the same. A Narc post doesn't fit the flow of the thread... I have to stop and read them slower, if that makes any sense.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I wanted to check in. The weekend has been busy so I've not had time to play much. I am going to try and find some time to read over everything and get caught up on posting.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hello! sorry I was gone yesterday.

I have now caught up though.

here are my thoughts:

1) KEANE don't say what it does but does the thing you got do good or is its benefit more ambiguous?

2) I think from a setup perspective anon's role doesn't make much sense for scum to have. Giving out items publicly is a huge anti-scum aspect (giving to scumbuddies is really obvious so they're incentivized to give to a townie), making them challengeable is another (can't even be sure who will ultimately receive it, scum would need to not look like colluding, etc.), and if the items actually seem to have a positive effect then that's a third reason. Scum would only ever use the power to prove they have it, which is a dumb since it'd mean actually helping the town each time they used it.

3) I know I voted for anon but a lot of it from the anon-voters are posting almost like it's a sort of inevitability? or something? which makes me think she's town and scum are hoping to apathy-vote her.

I dunno, something just feels really off about today.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

hello! sorry I was gone yesterday.

I have now caught up though.

here are my thoughts:

1) KEANE don't say what it does but does the thing you got do good or is its benefit more ambiguous?

2) I think from a setup perspective anon's role doesn't make much sense for scum to have. Giving out items publicly is a huge anti-scum aspect (giving to scumbuddies is really obvious so they're incentivized to give to a townie), making them challengeable is another (can't even be sure who will ultimately receive it, scum would need to not look like colluding, etc.), and if the items actually seem to have a positive effect then that's a third reason. Scum would only ever use the power to prove they have it, which is a dumb since it'd mean actually helping the town each time they used it.

3) I know I voted for anon but a lot of it from the anon-voters are posting almost like it's a sort of inevitability? or something? which makes me think she's town and scum are hoping to apathy-vote her.

I dunno, something just feels really off about today.

Objective good.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Part of me really doesn't like that murmur dropped her case on me in a hot minute. MT you voted me yesterday but then didn't even mention me at all today? I know I wasn't around yesterday but. It just doesn't feel like you're casing sincerely. Your points against Anon in this post are mostly garbage for instance.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

Objective good.

Keane how do you feel about murmur?

##unvote

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

Keane how do you feel about murmur?

##unvote

I'm still more town than not on her.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!

CCKeane posted:

That was grammatically ambiguous.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

OmegaGoo posted:

That was grammatically ambiguous.

I think Murmer is town at the moment. I don't think she is a good vote right now.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!

CCKeane posted:

I think Murmer is town at the moment. I don't think she is a good vote right now.

See, that makes more sense.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

As a linguist I approve Keane's earlier post.
Also pinmom is evil pass it on

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

Part of me really doesn't like that murmur dropped her case on me in a hot minute. MT you voted me yesterday but then didn't even mention me at all today? I know I wasn't around yesterday but. It just doesn't feel like you're casing sincerely. Your points against Anon in this post are mostly garbage for instance.

I still find you suspicious, but behind ANarc and Merk at the moment.

MurmurTwin posted:

My reasons for suspecting ANarc:

- She declared Merk town, someone whose two main cases (yuming and Omega) have come at times when ANarc was under pressure
- The evolution of Merk's suspicion of ANarc into suspicion of Omega/PMom/CKeane feels like the play of a scumbro
- She called QPQ "scummy" but showed no interest in following up on that hunch, which makes me think that opinion is fabricated
- She felt that my fake case on Keane seemed like scumhunting when I wasn't casing her, but decided it is scummy when I started casing her, which makes me think that opinion is fabricated

What about the above points do you think are "garbage"? I think the last two specifically are pretty rock-solid. Note that I removed the strikethrough parts of the post I quoted to reflect my current opinions after being corrected on my wording.

EccoRaven posted:

Can you cite a quote or two to explain what you mean by this? I'm having trouble following this logic.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

I'm really feeling her though!

Let me try to provide bullet points:

- murmur made a jokevote on you and then here tried to say it was super townie of her to do so, but then backs away as soon as someone calls her out on it. if she double-downed on her initial "it's so pro-town to make obvious joke cases!" I'd believe it was something she genuinely believed but she didn't, she immediately said "oh well it's just something I've been doing lately" (and later admits she's done it as scum before, too).

- she made a post here that seems townie at a glance, since she's calling a poster scummy and engaging them with questions, but despite goo responding MT never follows up on it. just a hit-and-run kind of suspicion, much like she has against me later.

- she votes me here and left it there for the deadline, but when day 2 begins (and throughout all of day 2 for that matter) she never followed up on it. she asked me to clarify my suspicions on opop and, again, I do so but she never engaged with me about it.

- here points against anon here are actually really bad? like if you actually read them they're not "anon is scum for her posts" points, it's half "merk did weird things" + "anon didn't pursue QPQ" (which is lol considering the above) and then "she said one thing about my jokevote and then said it later!" (which is like, recontextualizing is totally a thing).

I'm not really feeling anon anymore but I'm really feeling mt now! and I see in the preview that she's responded so me so I will respond to her now.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Murmur Twin posted:

I still find you suspicious, but behind ANarc and Merk at the moment.

okay but then why didn't you address this ever at all day 2? You end day 1 voting for me after I had given you some posting responding to your concerns, did you totally forget that happened?

quote:

What about the above points do you think are "garbage"? I think the last two specifically are pretty rock-solid. Note that I removed the strikethrough parts of the post I quoted to reflect my current opinions after being corrected on my wording.
They're garbage:

- Your first and second points aren't actually scummy unless Anon is already scum, in which case yeah merk is a very solid candidate for a scumbuddy. But it's not proof Anon is scum, it's just "there's some weird connection to merk, here."

- Your QPQ point is hardly rock-solid; she mentioned she found a vote QPQ made to be scummy, but she probably didn't pursue it too hard because QPQ has like no content this game, and because she was busy defending herself/doing her role stuff/etc. Not to mention it's a little hypocritical to call her out for posting suspicions but not following up on them when you've done that all game so far.

- People are more than allowed to change their opinions about posts as the game progresses. Plus I viewed her "she can only make fake cases!" thing as more rhetorical flourish than an actual indictment.

The QPQ point is the only one that's actually relevant to her posting imo but it's not a very strong point at all, and it's disingenuous for you to present them as "rock-solid."

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

What's your take on Merk, ecco?

This isn't meant to distract you from your posts on MMT, I am curious on Merk.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

What's your take on Merk, ecco?

This isn't meant to distract you from your posts on MMT, I am curious on Merk.

I thought merk's case on yuming day 1 was overblown, I agree that his interactions with Anon could easily be viewed as strange (but if anon is scum it makes me think it'd be really kind well obvious to give her first item to a scumbuddy?), I didn't like how he was a Secret Player for who knows how long (I could imagine Exakt making the role thinking it could last forever and merk not wanting to play with that gimmick). But those aren't damning by any means and also it's merk so any case against him is going to require a level of effort and mental preparedness I don't have.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
(for instance when I recently played a game with merk and got scummy vibes from him I didn't even once case him, I just used a daycop on him, because effort.)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm on a phone so effort-reply to will come later. Ecco - can you clarify your point regarding how people acting like Anon is an inevitable vote makes you lean town there?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm on a phone so effort-reply to will come later. Ecco - can you clarify your point regarding how people acting like Anon is an inevitable vote makes you lean town there?

oh! sorry. I mean like, even after Anon claimed nobody was really talking about the claim and how it fit in with her alignment. Merk mentioned "I've seen scum inventors before!" which, yeah, but the mechanics around her power are way different than I would expect for a scum inventor. Everyone else is just sort of talking around her claim rather than about it (QPQ for instance).

It's just a feeling, there aren't specific posts.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
To clear something up, I asked to be a secret player in the game when I signed up because I wanted to do a Hulk Hogan entrance. I don't think my role has anything to do with that request.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I don't agree that a public inventor is a townie role and am a bit concerned that someone with as much creativity in setup design as Ecco is relying upon that assumption. A public scum inventor has the same exact concerns as private scum inventor: items that don't do what they say they do, items that have negative effects, etc. I don't see why Anarc's claim has anything to do with Anarc's alignment.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Why didn't Anarc give out an item on day 1?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Why didn't Anarc give out an item on day 1?

This is a good question.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

I don't agree that a public inventor is a townie role and am a bit concerned that someone with as much creativity in setup design as Ecco is relying upon that assumption. A public scum inventor has the same exact concerns as private scum inventor: items that don't do what they say they do, items that have negative effects, etc. I don't see why Anarc's claim has anything to do with Anarc's alignment.

the difference between a public scum inventor and a private one is that a public one will always be held accountable for the stuff they give out. a private one can give good items to their scumbuddies and bad items to townies at their leisure, and never even have to claim it.

I mean if like tomorrow Keane posts "oh yeah the shield tried to eat me" or something Anon is an obvious vote, but as long as it's explicitly a "pro-town" item then it's really, really weird that it'd be public and also scum. proving its power means hurting the scumteam, and I try to avoid designing setups where scum have to hurt their own team by using their role. the biggest exception to that was Somber's daykill power in Arrentia but that's the only exception, and it was an extreme one.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

I mean if like tomorrow Keane posts "oh yeah the shield tried to eat me" or something Anon is an obvious vote, but as long as it's explicitly a "pro-town" item then it's really, really weird that it'd be public and also scum. proving its power means hurting the scumteam, and I try to avoid designing setups where scum have to hurt their own team by using their role. the biggest exception to that was Somber's daykill power in Arrentia but that's the only exception, and it was an extreme one.

Option 1:
Item says it will protect Keane from a night kill.
Item does not protect Keane from a night kill.

Option 2:
Item says that it will Roleblock someone.
Item only Roleblocks town, unsuccessful on scum.

Option 3:
Item says that you don't know what it will do.
Item tells your role to scum.

That took ten seconds of thinking. What the hell, Ecco?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

Option 1:
Item says it will protect Keane from a night kill.
Item does not protect Keane from a night kill.
We vote Anon then because we know her items are junk.

quote:

Option 2:
Item says that it will Roleblock someone.
Item only Roleblocks town, unsuccessful on scum.
We vote Anon because we know her items are junk.

quote:

Option 3:
Item says that you don't know what it will do.
Item tells your role to scum.
Keane said his item was "objectively good."

It's really, really different merk, and it's super flipping weird that you're not even willing to consider it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

My item could backfire but I think it would be obvious and town should know immediately if this is the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I mean really merk, Anon uses a power that (hypothetically please do not feel the need to clarify either way, keane!) gives keane a one-shot BP. if keane were to say so and then die at night, bam, Anon is probably scum, easy vote.

and that's the difference between a public and private power! if keane posted day 2 saying "oh someone gave me a thing that says I am 1-shot bp but idk who," and then he died that night, we'd go "oh hm well that sucks, I wonder who did it?"

A public role is always accountable for their actions and until we see the items are obviously bunk it doesn't feel right to vote her despite it. It especially doesn't seem right to completely and totally dismiss that aspect of her role as if it's totally comparable to a private power when it's just not.

CCKeane posted:

My item could backfire but I think it would be obvious and town should know immediately if this is the case.

yes exactly.

• Locked thread