Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

EccoRaven posted:

I mean really merk, Anon uses a power that (hypothetically please do not feel the need to clarify either way, keane!) gives keane a one-shot BP. if keane were to say so and then die at night, bam, Anon is probably scum, easy vote.

and that's the difference between a public and private power! if keane posted day 2 saying "oh someone gave me a thing that says I am 1-shot bp but idk who," and then he died that night, we'd go "oh hm well that sucks, I wonder who did it?"

A public role is always accountable for their actions and until we see the items are obviously bunk it doesn't feel right to vote her despite it. It especially doesn't seem right to completely and totally dismiss that aspect of her role as if it's totally comparable to a private power when it's just not.

yes exactly.

Yeah I am with ecco on this, I think.

I'm not writing Anon off entirely, because I do think her play has been scummy, but based on role and such I think she is not a good pick for today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Re: why I did not give an item on day 1, I didn't want to make myself a target by claiming. Today I felt I didn't have a choice.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

How the gently caress is it scummy to prevent a no lynch? I didn't vote her before then because I didn't think she was scum. And oh, look, I was right.

Working in read through now.

My time zone stuff might be messed up, did this vote come in right at deadline or an hour before?

If it was right on deadline, than it makes sense. If it was an hour early, it makes a little less sense. Plus inventor role doesn't seem like a scum ability.

Read through continues.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm not liking pinmom or KB

pinmom is just tunneling in on narc, who honestly is pretty much like this in every game.

pinmom also isn't giving very good reasons for it either he just hopped on on day 1 with a fairly weak thing about bolding words being cases and hasn't jumped off since.

##vote pinmom

Also KB is being lurky and acting like scum KB would act.

I've been scum with him a few times now, that's all just gut though with him.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

pinmom is just tunneling in on narc, who honestly is pretty much like this in every game.

pinmom also isn't giving very good reasons for it either he just hopped on on day 1 with a fairly weak thing about bolding words being cases and hasn't jumped off since.

##vote pinmom

Started a new job this week. Flew out to Utah last night to meet my new team this week. On my phone at the moment while I wait for someone to install the proper version of visual studio on my virtual box but chances are high that I won't be around much except at night this week. And Thursday night I fly back home so not even at night that day except for at the airport.

As someone who has been scum with me should know by now, activity is not a scum tell for me. In most games as scum I've been top poster or near that. So I'm super curious how you figure that is indicative of scum kb. I'd love some examples because that seems made up to me.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

OmegaGoo posted:

Roy isn't the only one who got an item. Everyone who had a key at the end, including TMM, got an item. Keep that in mind.

--------

So for the yuming bandwagon:

Merk had his case.

The next three votes were "I agree with this case, and will vote yuming."

The next three were "Well, it's either yuming or narc, and I think yuming is scummier."

QPQ trusted merk's gut.

Narc and Garth hammered.

Merk seemed to be the only one to actually put any thought into that case. I thought it was a pretty weak case.

MMT was not on the bandwagon, but had she been here around the deadline, I believe she would have voted for yuming, so consider her on the bandwagon.

Based on what we see here, I find QPQ's vote the scummiest, although I am not fond of opop's vote either.

In retrospect,

Birdstrike posted:

I disagree with this. I think scum would be spread on D1 at least in case the role that yuming could be used against them.

I also don't like you trying to clear everyone not on the lunch yesterday, as well as your telling people you think I'm town.

I like you for town but to imply that scum would know or be able to predict yumming's ability is silly.

That being said, it is likely for scum to spread out early... D1 kills are usually done by momentum than scum manipulation.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Re: why I did not give an item on day 1, I didn't want to make myself a target by claiming. Today I felt I didn't have a choice.

So you were potentially going to go the whole game without giving away items to not out yourself if you didn't have to? Or am I misunderstanding?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

Narco, please claim.

The rush of four votes right in a row and the demand to claim doesn't sit will. I have more to read, but it seems like less of a scum hunt than a manipulation to reveal a claim.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

that was a strong thing, tyvm

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Pinterest Mom posted:

that was a strong thing, tyvm

Nah

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

explain it back to me.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

As someone who has been scum with me should know by now, activity is not a scum tell for me. In most games as scum I've been top poster or near that. So I'm super curious how you figure that is indicative of scum kb.

It's the way you are posting plus gut , not really the inactivity.

Which I explained already.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Pinterest Mom posted:

explain it back to me.

weak

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CPig, he wanted you to describe his case, not himself.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

CPig, he wanted you to describe his case, not himself.

Oh pardon me the case can be described as follows

:bravo2:

blah blah blah bolded words

blah blah blah terrible cases

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'll back off of my argument because Keane said that the item doesn't make any sense as scum. Ecco, your analysis of this is really suspect though. We wouldn't know whether the item didn't do what Keane thought it did unless Keane told us what it said it would do and somehow we found out it didn't do that thing. That's the point I'm making. Your assumption that we would immediately lynch Narc if Keane died requires that we know what Keane was told the item would do X, he used it at night, and it failed to do X. We wouldn't have that information. If we did, the scum could play around it anyhow.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Goo

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

I'll back off of my argument because Keane said that the item doesn't make any sense as scum. Ecco, your analysis of this is really suspect though. We wouldn't know whether the item didn't do what Keane thought it did unless Keane told us what it said it would do and somehow we found out it didn't do that thing. That's the point I'm making. Your assumption that we would immediately lynch Narc if Keane died requires that we know what Keane was told the item would do X, he used it at night, and it failed to do X. We wouldn't have that information. If we did, the scum could play around it anyhow.

Jesus Christ man, can you draw this in a flow chart?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Merk is scum, I watched him kill the English language.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I said the item could be a one-shot protection that doesn't actually protect.

Ecco said we would immediately lynch Narc if that was the case.

I say: How would we know? Even if we do know, couldn't the scum just play around it?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

King Burgundy posted:

So you were potentially going to go the whole game without giving away items to not out yourself if you didn't have to? Or am I misunderstanding?

No I was just hoping to get a read on who seemed townie to make sure the items go to the right people. Although with the challenge thing, it is a bit of a crapshoot, but at least that person would have a good chance of ending up with it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

bye

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cya

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm totally lost
Sorry I haven't been giving this game my full attention :(

Birsdstrike please tell me who the bad guys are.

Stuff like this is why I don't like CPig in the game.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

CCKeane posted:

Merk was completely true to his word, which does speak well of him here.

Yes, and I think there is something to be said for turning down items of protection. The only ones who NEED it are scum, the rest have nothing to fear.

That being said, were merk scum, he wouldn't need a one time bullet proof and he could earn town trust by giving it away.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Roydrowsy posted:

Yes, and I think there is something to be said for turning down items of protection. The only ones who NEED it are scum, the rest have nothing to fear.

That being said, were merk scum, he wouldn't need a one time bullet proof and he could earn town trust by giving it away.

What?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Birdstrike posted:

Romani Ite Domum

##vote QuoProQuid

I don't recall playing with them before, but their

CCKeane posted:

Yeah I am with ecco on this, I think.

I'm not writing Anon off entirely, because I do think her play has been scummy, but based on role and such I think she is not a good pick for today.

In particular, if she has more items to give, which can be use of town.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Roydrowsy posted:

I don't recall playing with them before, but their

In particular, if she has more items to give, which can be use of town.

Stupid awful app didn't delete a thought I started and didn't finish. It wasn't an important thought... Just that qpq at times posts highly detailed posts, which could serve as good cover, but if need to reread them to get a feel of they are good or not.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Roydrowsy posted:

he wouldn't need a one time bullet proof and he could earn town trust by giving it away.

Who said that this was the item?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

CapitalistPig posted:

##vote pinmom

This. Feels more useful.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

merk posted:

Who said that this was the item?

Making assumption based on "shield"

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Roydrowsy posted:

##vote yumming

re-reading their game play.. there is just so little to it.

their "best read ever" lacks anything along the lines of substance.

AnonymousNarcotics hasn't been playing radically better, but they've had a little bit more to offer in terms of discussion

##vote Roydrowsy

This is the entirety of your scum hunting this game. Who do you think is scum and why?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You have four (three now) more posts than me and about 2% of my content.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I am on my phone almost out the door.

Didn't she throw out a shield?
Shields are typically items of protection.
Which one could assume either lynch proof or bulletproof, unless there is another type of protection out there.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

merk posted:

##vote Roydrowsy

This is the entirety of your scum hunting this game. Who do you think is scum and why?

It was an idea... I post things I think of when I think them.

You got real defensive over a notion.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Roydrowsy posted:

You got real defensive over a notion.

Defensive?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

merk posted:

Defensive?

I though you quoted a different post. Trying to sneak posts without getting yelled at for being on my phone.

I'll get another chance to post and respond to thoughts in about thirty min.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Roydrowsy posted:

I am on my phone almost out the door.

Didn't she throw out a shield?
Shields are typically items of protection.
Which one could assume either lynch proof or bulletproof, unless there is another type of protection out there.

Why would the scum need protection and town not?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

EccoRaven posted:

- murmur made a jokevote on you and then here tried to say it was super townie of her to do so, but then backs away as soon as someone calls her out on it. if she double-downed on her initial "it's so pro-town to make obvious joke cases!" I'd believe it was something she genuinely believed but she didn't, she immediately said "oh well it's just something I've been doing lately" (and later admits she's done it as scum before, too).

It seems like you're trying to make it look like I was heavily invested in using the Keane Case to prove my towniness, and that I was somehow foiled into admitting that I've done it before as scum, thus catching me in a contradiction? I feel like my point of view was consistent throughout the entire exchange.

To address the links you use, I was (a) responding to PMom/CPig calling me scum for making said vote on Keane, (b) explaining to Roy why I made said vote (to facilitate discussion, not to drop a cheap "gotcha!"), and (c) responding to yuming who felt my play was suspicious because she's seen me do it recently as scum.

EccoRaven posted:

- she made a post here that seems townie at a glance, since she's calling a poster scummy and engaging them with questions, but despite goo responding MT never follows up on it. just a hit-and-run kind of suspicion, much like she has against me later.

In the case of OmegaGoo and KB, I saw posts that I felt were scummy, questioned them about my suspicions, and was satisfied with their answers enough to move on to other suspects. I feel like that's a natural progression on D1 with the lack of concrete information.

EccoRaven posted:

- she votes me here and left it there for the deadline, but when day 2 begins (and throughout all of day 2 for that matter) she never followed up on it. she asked me to clarify my suspicions on opop and, again, I do so but she never engaged with me about it.

Regarding my throwing a vote on you on the day of deadline and not being around in the hours leading up to it: My bad.

Regarding my not casing you on D2: I wasn't around during the yuming/Anon push, but went back and read ANarc and felt that the cases on her had merit. I cased ANarc, she cased me back, somewhere in all of that I noticed that Merk was (in my opinion) acting suspicious, and so my attention was focused there. Also of note is the fact that Merk made the case that got yuming dunked, and ANarc (the other vote leader) directly benefitted from it.

EccoRaven posted:

- here points against anon here are actually really bad? like if you actually read them they're not "anon is scum for her posts" points, it's half "merk did weird things" + "anon didn't pursue QPQ" (which is lol considering the above) and then "she said one thing about my jokevote and then said it later!" (which is like, recontextualizing is totally a thing).

No kidding recontextualizing is a thing! I feel like this whole bulletpoint is basically rephrasing my earlier case, but using dumbed down language to give it less validity.

That she didn't pursue QPQ and that she changed her mind about my alignment based on my casing her are absolutely "anon is scum for her posts", and my point is that they're indicative of her not believing the things she's saying. And regardless of how fair/correct it may be, the timing of Merk's cases / his waffling on an opinion of her are suspicious to me and are shaping my reads, and I'm not going to not share that just because they're not open-and-shut cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If I was Vegas, I'd give the odds of Ecco being scum here at about a 2:3 payout.

• Locked thread