Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

XMNN posted:

ive been to birmingham quite a lot recently and it is at least nicer than manchester although thats not saying much

It's definitely not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
I'm going to the park. Does anyone want any slurs written on the walls?

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

The Saurus posted:

I thought Manchester city center was meant to be nice thanks to the Irish Renovation Association's sterling work in the 80s and 90s?

by the way i really miss a good british style kebab, so if anyone gets a kebab can you please look at the salad in there and tell me what it is cause i've forgot. i know there's like purple stuff and onion and lettuce i think idk. also a recipe for that bangin chili sauce you get on them.

isnt it pretty much just shredded lettuce, beetroot, onions, maybe a carrot or two with one of those green chillis and some coleslaw? just make sure to leave the salad out in the warm sun for at least a day before serving to get the real authentic kebab shop taste.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
what kind of kebab comes with beetroot? its pickled red cabbage

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

urban pie in birmingham has been replaced by a burrito place. their veg burrito was well good tho so no hard feelings

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Jose posted:

what kind of kebab comes with beetroot? its pickled red cabbage

youre totally right

its early and all i remembered was red

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
This is looking like a nice day to sit in a cricket ground getting, here's to hoping its not as poo poo a performance as the last test.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

The Saurus posted:

If the United Kingdom was a state in the USA, it would come 50th in GDP per capita, with only Mississippi doing worse (Alabama has more money per person than the uk lol)

I don't want to be accused of going all D&D so I'll just say that this is incorrect.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

DrWrestling69 posted:

I'm going to the park. Does anyone want any slurs written on the walls?

carve "Taff <3 Fluo" into a tree

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

XMNN posted:

ive been to birmingham quite a lot recently and it is at least nicer than manchester although thats not saying much

birmingham is poo poo id rather go to coventry and thats saying something

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

its funny that they added "pride of" to all the signs at coventry train station so it looks like that shithole is the pride of the city

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

my experiences are birmingham these days are just from changes at new street. i'll snoop around the bullring if i can navigate my way out of the station. nice work down their bozza network rail

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

i cant wait for the new john lewis to open so i can go in there and not buy anything

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Phoon posted:

its funny that they added "pride of" to all the signs at coventry train station so it looks like that shithole is the pride of the city

pride of "scuse me mate af ya got 20p"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
birmingham new street is the worst train station in the country based on having my train get cancelled there one christmas coming back from uni

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Birmingham has some nice pubs and the mailbox area is nice too

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Jose posted:

birmingham new street is the worst train station in the country based on having my train get cancelled there one christmas coming back from uni

It's been what, 5+ years being constructed? There's still sections of it boarded up inside and it still looks like a holding cell for human beings in some weird cheap sci-fi film.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Phoon posted:

i cant wait for the new john lewis to open so i can go in there and not buy anything

I like to look around their home department

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

88h88 posted:

It's been what, 5+ years being constructed? There's still sections of it boarded up inside and it still looks like a holding cell for human beings in some weird cheap sci-fi film.

2 years or so ago i was trying to find the way out and i walked for ages along a corridor to come to a dead end featuring nothing but a tesco express. is it being built ironically?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

freelop posted:

Birmingham has some nice pubs and the mailbox area is nice too
yes

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Fraction posted:

Oh hello I found you
hi how is the job going

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

I like to look around their home department

im going to browse haberdashery and think about curtains

E: i have it on good authority new street will be very nice when it reopens in a few months but i miss the featureless white tunnel that took about three times longer to walk down than ought to be possible

Phoon fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jul 29, 2015

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
i work at john lewis, the discount card is nice but i dont like the customers very much

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Phoon posted:

hahah that is funny, no wait, its not that funny.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
theres literally no reason to live in coventry when leamington is so close by

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

poverty

E: taff your new avatar has made you surly and sarcastic

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Phoon posted:

poverty

E: taff your new avatar has made you surly and sarcastic

Ive always been surly and sarcastic, I thought thats why we got on so well

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Shirley Crabtree posted:

i work at john lewis, the discount card is nice but i dont like the customers very much
john lewis customers are all self satisfied daily mail reading twats smugly lording their brief moment of power over anyone unlucky enough to have to serve them

i cant imagine anything worse than having to face those shits every day

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

The Big Taff Man posted:

Ive always been surly and sarcastic, I thought thats why we got on so well

*tibs bedora*

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

john lewis customers are all self satisfied daily mail reading twats smugly lording their brief moment of power over anyone unlucky enough to have to serve them

yeah they pretty much expect you to drop whatever you are doing or whatever customer you are with to be their personal butler while they make their loving minds up and god help you if you dont have the right shade of cushion you basically ruin their life

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
smother them with the wrong cushion imo its kinder that way

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Bobby Deluxe posted:

So thats why theres no mirrors in your house

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

XMNN posted:

smother them with the wrong cushion imo its kinder that way

ive been tempted on many occasions, this is what im up against according to yougov profiler which pretty much nails it what a loving bitch...

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
I just moved from nowhere, BC, Canada to York

Please use this precious time to inform me of all the reasons I have made an incredibly good decision or at least tell me what the best pub is in town

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Superterranean posted:

Please use this precious time to inform me of all the reasons I have made an incredibly good decision or at least tell me what the best pub is in town

you should go to the stonegate area for drinking, theres a really good little underground live music bar/club there called satano's next to kennedy's. pivnis is amazing for beer.

in the summer you wont move for tourists but the shops are nice and quirky, the surroundings are gorgeous and the designer outlet is great for shopping. also theres a ton of great restaurants, go to ambiente for the best tapas outside of spain and luccias is a great italian place (also stonegate area) that turns into a decent club at night.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Superterranean posted:

I am a fan of House of Trembling Madness though it gets busy as fuckkkk.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

followed a few of you jerks on twitter. help a noob out.

also why do i have so many chinese people following me?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

88h88 posted:

I am a fan of House of Trembling Madness though it gets busy as fuckkkk.

yeah the problem there is you have to always queue to get in and its tiny as gently caress so you can be queueing for a loooong time

i dont like the idea of queuing just for what is essentially a pub thats not really any better than all the others around it but its one of those places where people think it must be good because look at that queue

e: the habit is good too and the duchess sometimes has some decent live bands a lot of the time these are throwbacks from the 90's + 00's i saw toploader there for a fiver for instance. the stone roses is the bar with the most character in york just dont go there on a student night.

Shirley Crabtree fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jul 29, 2015

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Shirley Crabtree posted:

ive been tempted on many occasions, this is what im up against according to yougov profiler which pretty much nails it what a loving bitch...

lol @ bird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Shirley Crabtree posted:

yeah the problem there is you have to always queue to get in and its tiny as gently caress so you can be queueing for a loooong time

i dont like the idea of queuing just for what is essentially a pub thats not really any better than all the others around it but its one of those places where people think it must be good because look at that queue

e: the habit is good too and the duchess sometimes has some decent live bands a lot of the time these are throwbacks from the 90's + 00's i saw toploader there for a fiver for instance. the stone roses is the bar with the most character in york just dont go there on a student night.

There's a newish joint called Nevermore or something, used to be where Fibbers was years ago. Super dark inside and is more club than pub but the cocktails are so good and they serve fresh pizza... A winner in my book.