Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Kawalimus posted:

This one I keep seeing now is a car commercial some stupid family singing "Buddy Holly" by the band Weezer. I've seen three iterations of this sort of commercial and every one of them is completely cringeworthy. The other two were families singing "Sweet child of mine" and "Crazy Train".

What annoys me is that no person under 20 is probably going to know who Weezer is nowadays. And then the Grandpa chimes in and no person over 60 is probably going to know who Weezer is.

That commercial made me realize that Weezer is loving Dad Music now and it made me feel old even though the Blue Album came out when I was like nine.

Sneeing Emu posted:

The newest TV spots for Ex Machina explicitly show scenes from the end of the movie and it's goddamn infuriating. They also promote the movie as "SEXY ROBOTS" when it's so much more than that stupid tag line.

Ex Machina is a good movie with terrible marketing. I was going to skip it until a friend told me that it was one of the better sci-fi movies he's seen in a while. The marketing made it seem like something completely different than what it is.

Vanderdeath fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jul 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

This one I keep seeing now is a car commercial some stupid family singing "Buddy Holly" by the band Weezer. I've seen three iterations of this sort of commercial and every one of them is completely cringeworthy. The other two were families singing "Sweet child of mine" and "Crazy Train".

I'm guessing whoever came up with the Sweet Child o Mine one has never seen Step Brothers.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Henchman of Santa posted:

I'm guessing whoever came up with the Sweet Child o Mine one has never seen Step Brothers.

Haha you know what...I wonder if I'm just remembering that, and that one wasn't a commercial at all!! Funny.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
This is a new one that's been airing for about a month, now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmuwxUnKOlI

"Buy a Subaru. The perfect car for taking your dying dog on a bucket list vacation."

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The commercials for Trainwreck claiming that it's the best movie ever made has made me hate it without even seeing it.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I just saw a Nissan commercial where it was apparently some great feat that the car was faster than a schoolbus.

They didn't really think that through, did they?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

PT6A posted:

I just saw a Nissan commercial where it was apparently some great feat that the car was faster than a schoolbus.

They didn't really think that through, did they?

Did the kids on the bus marvel at the car out the bus windows?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Timett posted:

Did the kids on the bus marvel at the car out the bus windows?

No, the bus driver looked miffed that he'd been beaten, though.

The Worst Car Commercial.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kawalimus posted:

I have to dive for the remote to mute the tv or change the channel whenever that Buddy Holly commercial comes on so it doesn't ruin the actual song for me.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgVINhAqGtk

Did your sun go nova? Buy our sunglasses!

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

Gonz posted:

This is a new one that's been airing for about a month, now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmuwxUnKOlI

"Buy a Subaru. The perfect car for taking your dying dog on a bucket list vacation."

They added a shot of a note that says "birthday bucket list" at the beginning of it. They probably got a lot of calls from people just bawling.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I feel like Dodge's latest ad campaign is a step or two removed from this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqLt_CW8sr4

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Even more commercial/infomercial GIFs!

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider

Until I noticed it was pantyhose for your arms I was puzzled as to how the old white lady dancing a little had anything to do with a product to disguise yourself as a black person.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

That tape measure one is pretty accurate, if you're using one of them little bitty ones that only has a quarter inch wide tape that can't support its own weight.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What magical product that will make you popular is this for?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

A personality. And at 5 easy payments of $19.95 its a steal.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
They've overselling it, but this one's not unreasonable. Mattresses are unwieldly, floppy sons of bitches.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What's the product though? Something that has to support a mattress seems like it would be unwieldy itself.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

What's the product though? Something that has to support a mattress seems like it would be unwieldy itself.

Maybe it's those straps you can hook to the bottom of furniture to hold it steady/lift easier. If so, that commercial would involve the two guys going overboard along with the mattress.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Sash! posted:

That tape measure one is pretty accurate, if you're using one of them little bitty ones that only has a quarter inch wide tape that can't support its own weight.

Please stop using tools of any kind if a simple tape measure folding over on itself causes you to fall down like epileptic in an earthquake.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

DrBouvenstein posted:

Please stop using tools of any kind if a simple tape measure folding over on itself causes you to fall down like epileptic in an earthquake.

You clearly missed the part where its razor sharp edge delivered a fatal wound

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I kind of like the new Match.com commercial where they make fun of other dating sites, like how eHarmony focuses on getting married.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Vanderdeath posted:

Ex Machina is a good movie with terrible marketing. I was going to skip it until a friend told me that it was one of the better sci-fi movies he's seen in a while. The marketing made it seem like something completely different than what it is.

Really? I'd been avoiding it for the same reasons. I'll check it out tonight.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Hey, DirecTV, your new series of "I'm (celebrity) and I'm (alternate universe celebrity)" suck. You shot your wad with Rob Lowe.

Stop it now.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Aphrodite posted:

A 9mm.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Aphrodite posted:

Hot Stampz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciwUJrUe07g

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I saw this the other day on the internet. Seems like a good place for it over here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U3Rh9mxcoU&feature=youtu.be

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I fell asleep with the TV on the other night and woke up in at like 3am to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sSwgTG5XjU

I thought at first that I'd fallen asleep with Adult Swim on again, but much to my chagrin it was Comedy Central and was a real commercial.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

So apple has a new commercial out. What are they going to advertise their quality of their camera? Maybe something new or something? Nope, the only thing they can muster is their apps. Pretty much the same apps you can find on android and they make a commercial about it.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

raditts posted:

I fell asleep with the TV on the other night and woke up in at like 3am to this:

I thought at first that I'd fallen asleep with Adult Swim on again, but much to my chagrin it was Comedy Central and was a real commercial.

My friend bought one of those on a lark and they work surprisingly well.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

Vanderdeath posted:

My friend bought one of those on a lark and they work surprisingly well.

But don't you end up with random piles of salt in places (especially your food)?

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

raditts posted:

The product and commercial both own super hard.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Reminds me of toy commercials in the eighties in the best way.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Has that talking pizza add for breath freshener or whatever the gently caress it is popped up itt yet? Because that commercial is a perfect shitstorm of creepy, annoying and racist stereotypes all at once. :arghfist::stare:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

mr. mephistopheles posted:

God loving dammit, it doesn't ship to Canada! I must have it!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

TontoCorazon posted:

So apple has a new commercial out. What are they going to advertise their quality of their camera? Maybe something new or something? Nope, the only thing they can muster is their apps. Pretty much the same apps you can find on android and they make a commercial about it.

They're just doing the same thing Coke or McDonalds or whoever is doing. Product doesn't change much/if at all and everyone knows who they are but there's noticeable dips in sales if they stop advertising.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Tupping Liberty posted:

But don't you end up with random piles of salt in places (especially your food)?

Doubles as a ghost/demon repellant gun!

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Tupping Liberty posted:

It's not a ton of salt per shot but still enough that you need to clean it up along with the fly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you use sugar instead then ants will take care of it for you.