Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Soloing a Necromancer practically feels like dual boxing in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

I have no interest in playing Everquest PVP (let's be real, the game wasn't designed for or balanced around it), but I've got a serious alt problem on blue server that requires funding and I've heard 3:1 red to blue plat exchanges is the way to go.

I'm not 100% sure how the exp on red works but I've heard it's a big bonus - realistically how much playtime would it take me to level an enchanter or necro to ~50ish on red and begin farming my face off?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Aww yeah... Guess who's back? :frogc00l:

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
I left Unknown Guild to join Taken in preparation for Velious raiding. Probably won't do it for more than a few weeks after launch.

Also, WTB Spell:Lure of Ice, Midnight Mallet. Also if anyone has some resist gear they want to loan me, it would be appreciated. Gave away all my blue diamond stuff when I left last time.

hayden. fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 17, 2015

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
I am getting close to raid level on blue, any recommendations/comments (other than blue raid scene being terrible)?

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Ramulack posted:

I am getting close to raid level on blue, any recommendations/comments (other than blue raid scene being terrible)?

A couple of goons went to Omni to raid. They seem pretty cool.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dirt posted:

A couple of goons went to Omni to raid. They seem pretty cool.

Dirt, if you wanna move to Omni, I'd be fine coming with you. Might provide you a new social context for grouping and/or motivation to break out of the 30's and onto the really fun high level content.

edit: Also my necro has been banned so long that I forgot his actual name. It's Xeirak not Xeirath. :hurr:

mattmuffinman
Oct 13, 2008
Thought i would give this a shot again. Forgot my password so starting over. Can anyone make banded?!

Name is Flibbert, bard (blue)

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Siets posted:

Dirt, if you wanna move to Omni, I'd be fine coming with you. Might provide you a new social context for grouping and/or motivation to break out of the 30's and onto the really fun high level content.

edit: Also my necro has been banned so long that I forgot his actual name. It's Xeirak not Xeirath. :hurr:

I think you have to be like level 46 to join Omni. And you have to fill out some kind of application which is funny to me.

I'm sorta on a p1999 break at the moment. I'll be back eventually I imagine, going to checkout the EQ2 progression server next week... It already sounds like it's going to be a total poo poo show so I might not be there long haha.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

EQ2 is pretty terrible.

mattmuffinman
Oct 13, 2008
Rottenatomy sorted me out, thanks dude.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
I got back on this, not sure for how long. Sucks because I thought I had another account on here, somewhere around a 16 necro.

Thought I'd change things up this time since I usually go necro, so I went with shaman. Root rotting was always both stressful and boring at the same time on the necro, so why not try it full time on another class, I guess. I really want to do some groups though, so that's another reason I went with one of the solo priests. I used to play a cleric back in 2002-2005 or so, kunark and velious through luclin up to the release of PoP.

Name in-game is Kenbok - level 7, if anyone wants to give me some free handouts (though I'm normally happy as long as I can buy spells).

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Dirt posted:

I think you have to be like level 46 to join Omni. And you have to fill out some kind of application which is funny to me.

I'm sorta on a p1999 break at the moment. I'll be back eventually I imagine, going to checkout the EQ2 progression server next week... It already sounds like it's going to be a total poo poo show so I might not be there long haha.

Until you come back let me borrow all your int gear. My baby magician thanks you in advance.

- Steeks

Dirt
May 26, 2003

shirunei posted:

Until you come back let me borrow all your int gear. My baby magician thanks you in advance.

- Steeks

Mages are gross.

Also you really just need your Torch of Alna, you can buy all the parts for ~ 350 or less. Nothing else really makes any big difference.

All my sweet caster gear is Necro focused, meaning it's more +HP than +INT.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Gray Matter posted:

I have no interest in playing Everquest PVP (let's be real, the game wasn't designed for or balanced around it), but I've got a serious alt problem on blue server that requires funding and I've heard 3:1 red to blue plat exchanges is the way to go.

I'm not 100% sure how the exp on red works but I've heard it's a big bonus - realistically how much playtime would it take me to level an enchanter or necro to ~50ish on red and begin farming my face off?

Not very much. Experienced altaholics and people who get lucky with being in the right place at the right time can get 50+ in mere days. Protip: you can double box red and blue, which means you can be playing on the good, fun server while you afk tunnel baron and siphon funds across servers to yourself. I think technically it's not allowed to run auction alerts, but you could always just use 2 screens.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

Republicans posted:

EQ2 is pretty terrible.

Its like a shittier wow with none of the things about eq that made eq good

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Dirt posted:

Mages are gross.

Also you really just need your Torch of Alna, you can buy all the parts for ~ 350 or less. Nothing else really makes any big difference.

All my sweet caster gear is Necro focused, meaning it's more +HP than +INT.

Basically I meant come back soon and raid with Omni. EQ2 sucks as has been noted.

Alna is super easy with a decent alt though.

texasmed
May 27, 2004

texasmed posted:

Name in-game is Kenbok - level 7, if anyone wants to give me some free handouts (though I'm normally happy as long as I can buy spells).

I'm up to level 12 on the blue server, not quite sure where the server normally goes for exp spots since north ro looked pretty empty. Send me tells in-game if you want to partner up!

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Hexel you on at all today? I'm feeling the need to complete a certain item collection! :f5:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Siets posted:

Hexel you on at all today? I'm feeling the need to complete a certain item collection! :f5:

I'm online right now :shibe:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Hexel posted:

I'm online right now :shibe:

Just got home from a trip. I'm on the rest of the day!

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

texasmed posted:

I'm up to level 12 on the blue server, not quite sure where the server normally goes for exp spots since north ro looked pretty empty. Send me tells in-game if you want to partner up!

Befallen has been packed lately. From what I"ve seen people kinda scatter about in various outdoor zones but most people seem to chase after those ZEM modifiers in the dungeons.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
The general player base seems to follow:

Unrest -> Oasis -> Upper Guk / Mistmoore -> HHK Goblins / FM Giant Fort / Mistmoore Ect.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

texasmed posted:

/w all 10 14 is a good way to see where people are (replace 10 14 with whatever level range you want to look at). I personally do Kurns, Unrest, UGuk, Befallen, or Najena at that level because gently caress outdoor zone ZEMs. If you're looking to group you might as well hit up a dungeon so it goes faster.

Sounds like Befallen is worth a look since you're right in the neighborhood.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

I'm telling you guys befallen is where it's at right now - the ZEM there is insane and it's good from about level 7 all the way up to 16-17ish.

The only real problem is that CR can sometimes be tricky if you die past the keyed doors, but it's been so busy lately that it hasn't been a huge issue, and of course the PH for Paw of Opalla quest hangs out near the entrance and can be really high level.

Oh, if you're thinking about playing on red

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Someone should edit Ragebringer to be in his primary hand to make that image 100% accurate.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

If they had followed the RZ rules from classic that wouldn't be a problem because item loot meant nobody really wanted to risk that fungi

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
There is no way I would play on a full item loot server. That sounds absolutely terrible.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

RZ wasn't full item loot - early on you could loot weapons but they quickly changed that.

You could loot one equippable item if it wasn't NO DROP

This put a lot of value on NO DROP items. It sucked losing valuable stuff to some gank you didn't see coming, but people were quick to bag their stuff, and it prevented a lot of bullshit like fungi twinks.

Also because the item loss was such a big problem the population policed themselves. Rogue PKs were quickly KOS to the whole server, as were PK guilds. Looking back it was interesting how carebear RZ was - it was pretty much like blue, but you could resolve disputes with PVP instead of FTE nonsense.

oswald ownenstein fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 21, 2015

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Any of you jerks going to be on today?

I need to transfer a bunch of poo poo to Innernette.

I decided I'm too lazy to play on the EQ2 TLE sever, so Im going to play this stupid mage again.

Edit : I got helped out.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jul 22, 2015

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

Dirt posted:

Im going to play this stupid mage again.

My condolences

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

oswald ownenstein posted:

RZ wasn't full item loot - early on you could loot weapons but they quickly changed that.

You could loot one equippable item if it wasn't NO DROP

This put a lot of value on NO DROP items. It sucked losing valuable stuff to some gank you didn't see coming, but people were quick to bag their stuff, and it prevented a lot of bullshit like fungi twinks.

Also because the item loss was such a big problem the population policed themselves. Rogue PKs were quickly KOS to the whole server, as were PK guilds. Looking back it was interesting how carebear RZ was - it was pretty much like blue, but you could resolve disputes with PVP instead of FTE nonsense.

RZ was better, but I'm sorry red server is still better than blue server even if you just want to kill dragons. It's a lot more fun when things are settled with violence instead of variance and petitions. Yeah it's a topsided pvp server that's been stuck on kunark since forever, but for the most part bored people who play fungi pvp twinks are also lazy so they tend to stick to crushbone/mm/unrest. There's other places to level in Everquest.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

RZ was better, but I'm sorry red server is still better than blue server even if you just want to kill dragons. It's a lot more fun when things are settled with violence instead of variance and petitions. Yeah it's a topsided pvp server that's been stuck on kunark since forever, but for the most part bored people who play fungi pvp twinks are also lazy so they tend to stick to crushbone/mm/unrest. There's other places to level in Everquest.

Yeah, PVP* outside of the twinks in four or five leveling zones is pretty fun

*stalking people until you can safely murder them by surprise

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

ekeog posted:

Yeah, PVP* outside of the twinks in four or five leveling zones is pretty fun

*stalking people until you can safely murder them by surprise

It can admittedly be a bit discouraging when you're new to the server, until you figure out that hey even though I don't give a poo poo about PVP it's not a bad idea to walk around in magic resist gear.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Honestly red server sucks just because the population is toxic and the tiny

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
How large was the Red99 Goon guild when it was a thing? Just how large of a presence do they have in Red99?

I've been playing blue for months but every once in awhile I have the urge to try red. On one hand the leveling bonus and uncontested mobs is really appealing but on the other-hand I have concerns about not really knowing how I feel about PvP in a game never designed for PvP as well as being able to find / get to groups if I roll a group desired class (to take advantage of that bonus).

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Siets posted:

Started a monk on Red on Monday. Just dinged 30 with him today.

Guys, I think I have a problem. :shepface:

Continuing my rise to glory on Red...

:shepface:

Tagged with <TMO>, having a blast, rolling in my epic glowing gold like Goku, 100+ magic resistance and counting, and farming platinum like a beast. I... I don't know that I can go back to Blue you guys...

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Is that a whistling fist robe?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Hexel posted:

Is that a whistling fist robe?

That it is. 50 health, 10 MR, and the effect is a haste clicky that counts as spell haste (meaning it stacks on top of other haste items like FBSS and Sash of the Dragonborn.) My auto attacks fly at lightning speed now. It's really quite marvelous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt
May 26, 2003

While not as exciting as a pimped out Red Lizard Monk, I did finally manage to drag a character out of the 30's.

Now I totally have no idea what I'm doing.

• Locked thread