Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Why the gently caress do people hold Monaco in such high esteem? It's a garbage race and the only interesting thing about it is the mystery of how Fraudberg won three times in a row there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

1500quidporsche posted:

Why the gently caress do people hold Monaco in such high esteem? It's a garbage race and the only interesting thing about it is the mystery of how Fraudberg won three times in a row there.

Tradition?

gently caress Rosburger

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

quote:

Better on-screen info graphics 29.8%

Admittedly the concept of permanent graphics is relatively new to F1 but I'd like to know what people had in mind. I also imagine this is roughly the third of people that haven't been watching since the dawn of time. I grew up in the era of big yellow boxes and gosh darn it they told me all I needed to know.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Monaco is all about the qualifying and it's loving ridiculous driving those cars around the tiny streets, it's quite the spectacle.

Remember, a lot of these fans are old, Monaco is glamorous to them. Jet set life style and all that.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

Half the questions are equivalents of "Which of the following have you heard of?". Though its amusing to think the two Manor drivers are the most hated

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

HJB posted:

Admittedly the concept of permanent graphics is relatively new to F1 but I'd like to know what people had in mind. I also imagine this is roughly the third of people that haven't been watching since the dawn of time. I grew up in the era of big yellow boxes and gosh darn it they told me all I needed to know.

The Hungary GP is the first F1 race I've watched and as a new viewer of the sport I think there should be a permanent picture in picture of Maldonado at all times

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

1500quidporsche posted:

We've had better races at Bahrain than at Spa recently too tbh

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Monaco is only really good if there is massive attrition, and that really doesn't happen anymore. It's a poo poo circuit. Frankly I'm surprised Hungary is that high.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Monaco is great becuse the right way to do the season as a difficult engeneering challenge is putting the same cars in wildly different settings. (With common sense modifications like a better steering rack for monaco). I'm all for old hockenheim and monaco sharing the same calendar. Hungary is more often than not a fun race (isnt it really rare for a pole sitter to win there?)

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Brainwrong posted:

I've said it before, but F1 fans are awful. They are the LAST group of people who should have a say in the sport's future.

I was just reporting. Besides, I know they are awful, these people want refueling and are against qualifying races.

But like was said, we all don't give a gently caress about Red Bull.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
queen fans are the second most annoying group of people after metal fans

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Please take note how the first four most liked drivers are all current or previous McLaren drivers, proving once again that McLaren is the best team of all time.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

I was surprised Maldonado came in so far down the list. after all he tries so hard to keep races interesting with his buffoonery.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
In time people will warm up to him. People eventually respected Andrea De Cesaris as well.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

poo poo Farm posted:

Queen fans are the second most annoying group of people after metal fans

ftfy. no need to thank me.

:colbert:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
How can somebody not like Queen? Did you hit your head?

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

poty posted:

How can somebody not like Queen? Did you hit your head?

I mean, since you asked it is in that "Poison/RATT" catagory of odd 80s bands before the 90s put rock back on track, with a dash of leftover progressive rock. Normally i keep this to myself because i know how beloved they are. I suspect queen would have faded by now if it werent for AIDS and "The mighty ducks".

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I mean, since you asked it is in that "Poison/RATT" catagory of odd 70s bands before the 90s put rock back on track, with a dash of leftover progressive rock. Normally i keep this to myself because i know how beloved they are. I suspect queen would have faded by now if it werent for AIDS and "The mighty ducks".

ftfy

Are you on crack? The 90's killed rock with manufactured poo poo destroying all talent.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

ftfy

Are you on crack? The 90's killed rock F1 with manufactured poo poo destroying all talent.

ftfy.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Music, much like F1, died along with Ayrton Senna.

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Formula 1 2015: What's formula one discussion?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I mean, since you asked it is in that "Poison/RATT" catagory of odd 80s bands before the 90s put rock back on track, with a dash of leftover progressive rock. Normally i keep this to myself because i know how beloved they are. I suspect queen would have faded by now if it werent for AIDS and "The mighty ducks".

what

i don't even particularly like queen but you are out of your loving mind comparing them to ratt and poison. what the loving poo poo.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Also 90s rock loving sucks so shut up.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Maldonado; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDcBKVKQizg

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
People only remember and cherish Queen because of:
  1. AIDS
  2. A lovely Disney sports movie, starring Charlie Sheen's big brother.

Hmm.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Something something something Nickelback sucks, if ya know what I mean fellas :v:

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Cubey posted:

what

i don't even particularly like queen but you are out of your loving mind comparing them to ratt and poison. what the loving poo poo.

Sorry, i forgot music is objective. I dont want to downplay his amazing skill. I put him by far and away the greatest rock vocalist of all time.

*sigh* even with a record, or nearly record-number of races there are too many long gaps.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jul 29, 2015

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Matt you're really good at saying really stupid poo poo.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

RALF posted:

1. AIDS

Hmm.

You're so wrong.

They made the soundtrack of the beloved cult movie Flash Gordon.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

FLASH!

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

willcrouch posted:

Formula 1 2015: What's formula one discussion?

Norns posted:

Nope, still clearly the Worst Thread. And since I technically started this derail I can stop it too, as follows

This man's team just double podiumed.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Anything is better than another Merc podium.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

willcrouch posted:

So, the fan survey results are out.

Here is Autosport's article on them:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120142

Here are some interesting ones:
And there is more I haven't cover like reverse grids, customer cars, two tier event with spec, etc

Reminder that this survey took like an hour to fill out so only hardcore f1 fans would have bothered and anyone under the age of 25 wouldn't have had the attention span.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

RALF posted:

1. AIDS

Hmm.

Barry Sheen?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Norns posted:

Matt you're really good at saying really stupid poo poo.

this:

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I put him by far and away the greatest rock vocalist of all time.

...is not really stupid poo poo.

I won't hear a bad word said about Queen and/or Freddie :colbert:

Anyway, what's this nonsense I've heard today that Jenson is rumoured to be one of the new top gear co-hosts? I'm not sure how I feel about this but suspect it's a load of bullshit anyway. Here was me hoping for just one more season in F1 after 2015.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I wasn't referring to that particular comment.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

serious gaylord posted:

Reminder that this survey took like an hour to fill out so only hardcore f1 fans would have bothered and anyone under the age of 25 wouldn't have had the attention span.

I'm a hardcore f1 fan and over 25 and I still can't bother to fill out a goddamn one hour survey

Only huge gay spergs took that survey

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012
F1 fans are stupid. News at 11.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Norns posted:

I wasn't referring to that particular comment.

I.. oh.

:(

...when's the next race again? :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Four weeks til the next race. See you guys then.

• Locked thread