Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Asiina posted:

Okay fine.

##vote Zetsubou-san

I still think EXAKT is a boss. I'll probably investigate him tonight.

We should coordinate what my action and CPig's action is going to be; we don't know if it's just three Bosses. I knew there were Bosses, plural, other than myself, but not who they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina posted:

Hmm, maybe not. Finding bosses is cool, but the killer wouldn't want to kill his bosses I don't think.

Has anyone gone back to look for killer breadcrumbs since the killer would probably want to breadcrumb.

I was looking throughout, didn't see any.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Also, Kumba got back to me. The Killer would not be forced to suicide if only his name is submitted.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Ask if the killer can withhold the kill.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Zetsubou-san posted:

congrats byers, you jost got me interested! :toot:

I'm the (burger) King Boss, sent from higher up the pay-grade to keep a sharp eye out for bosses and their lackeys sent from other corporations that are itching for a hostile takeover. They want me to do it by using your methods against you, so I have to do the whole submit a list of names (only picks up bosses, though), send another name to a deaddrop by the buffet, you already know this story.

If all other Bosses die, what do you get?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
It's not a lie

clearly there are bosses of differing alignments, it wouldnt surprise me if the killer and the other boss are actually scum, you are 3p and I'm town.

I submitted you for the kill last night because I already discovered you were a boss, who did you submit?

beccause if it wasn;t who died I may be right and you know it.

##vote zets

lets test it.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina posted:

Ask if the killer can withhold the kill.

Kumba won't reveal more than that we can't force a suicide, as it would apparently reveal too much about his power. I asked i, in the event he didn't suicide, he would just not kill or would he be free to kill anyone and was told I wasn't allowed to know the full Killer mechanics.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Zetsubou-san posted:

I'm the (burger) King Boss, sent from higher up the pay-grade to keep a sharp eye out for bosses and their lackeys sent from other corporations that are itching for a hostile takeover. They want me to do it by using your methods against you, so I have to do the whole submit a list of names (only picks up bosses, though), send another name to a deaddrop by the buffet, you already know this story.

"I'm a boss but I'm the real boss kill the rest of the bosses but leave me alive"

At least Byers was honest enough to admit that town has no reason to consider him more safe than any other boss without adding some bullshit to it.

##vote Zetsubou-san

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

It's not a lie

clearly there are bosses of differing alignments, it wouldnt surprise me if the killer and the other boss are actually scum, you are 3p and I'm town.

I submitted you for the kill last night because I already discovered you were a boss, who did you submit?

beccause if it wasn;t who died I may be right and you know it.

##vote zets

lets test it.

I submitted PMom, I mentioned that before. I'm submitting from the bottom of the post list up, and skipped the new guy N1.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Byers2142 posted:

I submitted PMom, I mentioned that before. I'm submitting from the bottom of the post list up, and skipped the new guy N1.

I think I'm right then

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##unvote

I think we should have a discussion about night targets before this vote gets too far.

Bosses please list your bosseccocops.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina, you wanted to look at Exakt because you specifcally thought he was a Boss, right? I'll check him, and it leaves you free to look for other people, perhaps the Killer. CPig, if I look at Exakt, who do you want to look at? Also, who else did you look at? I assume you cleared two people N0 like me, which is how you were able to focus on just me N1?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Byers2142 posted:

If all other Bosses die, what do you get?

I get a new role.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

Asiina, you wanted to look at Exakt because you specifcally thought he was a Boss, right? I'll check him, and it leaves you free to look for other people, perhaps the Killer. CPig, if I look at Exakt, who do you want to look at? Also, who else did you look at? I assume you cleared two people N0 like me, which is how you were able to focus on just me N1?

:hf:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Zetsubou-san posted:

I get a new role.

Yes, and that role is? I get Survivor, CPig's claimed VT, and you get...?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I submitted byers and asiina n0
Got a positive

Submitted byers for the kill last night because i figured caviar would be the boss.

I submitted asiina and jedit last night and got a negative.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Got a positive

Submitted byers for the kill last night because i figured caviar would be the boss.

There we go, Asiina and jedit cleared as bosses.

Zets, who'd you submit both nights?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Byers2142 posted:

Vanilla scum, it makes perfect sense.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote Zetsubou-san
claiming boss stuff and lurking. I think he the best dude to see what sticks with this boss poo poo.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hmm, I may investigate Pig because the recipient gets town/not town then we can know if we can trust him.

I could just choose randomly from someone who isn't a boss and can still be the killer. I'm not sure.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Byers2142 posted:

I get a none-of-your-business. Bosses and the killer aren't the only threats to town. I submitted your name to the killer last night.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Vanilla scum, it makes perfect sense.

If that's true, we're missing a night kill.

Ok, on the off chance that the set up is more complicated than I thought, let's say that it's a scum boss, a 3P boss, and a town boss. Zet's flip will tell us if that's true, and if it's true as long as CPig and I are both alive we can control the Killer. That locks him down, and leaves the scum team.

So if Zet's flips 3P, we know that CPig likely lied and we're all 3P like I thought. If he flips scum, I get treated as a claimed Survivor who can help lock down the Killer. It's all on Zet's flip.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also if any of the boss want to include me in their investigations tonight, please do. I would like to be a confirmed townie. :)

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina posted:

Hmm, I may investigate Pig because the recipient gets town/not town then we can know if we can trust him.

I could just choose randomly from someone who isn't a boss and can still be the killer. I'm not sure.

That's not a bad move, but honestly you don't need to coordinate, you just need to know what CPig and I are doing and plan around it. If you announce and I'm wrong and there's a scum team and a missing N1 kill, they can scheme around your power. Also if scum flips on Zets, look at jedit as either the target or the scum making the nightkill.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

Also if any of the boss want to include me in their investigations tonight, please do. I would like to be a confirmed townie. :)

Doesn't work like that. We'd just know you're not a boss.

I'm submitting Exakt and one of my known not-bosses.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

That's not a bad move, but honestly you don't need to coordinate, you just need to know what CPig and I are doing and plan around it. If you announce and I'm wrong and there's a scum team and a missing N1 kill, they can scheme around your power. Also if scum flips on Zets, look at jedit as either the target or the scum making the nightkill.

Yeah, I also didn't consider that Zet's flip will tell a lot of things about whether CPig is telliing the truth, so it won't be worth it to use one of my likely limited investigations on him. As long as I know CPig's target I can choose from remaining unknowns.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

This rubs me the wrong way, if Zets flips scum. Feels like an attempt at being a fake confirmed town.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CPig, pick a target so that we can get on with lynching Zets.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I guess I didn't think about the possibility of there being scum aside from bosses.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:geno:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
who do you want me to investigate? whos left?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Byers2142 posted:

I wondered that; it's why I was trying to get him to claim an action for voting me. But why wouldn't he stick with the softclaim? That talked me out of it.

I didn't have a result. I wanted to see how you'd react because I thought you were scum for a good chunk of day 1. As it turns out, I was right!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
If zet flips 3p as well it really doesnt mean anything , I know what my role PM says.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I guess ill investigate Opop and one i already know isnt a boss

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Are you also a boss PM?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

I guess ill investigate Opop and one i already know isnt a boss

Sounds good. So tomorrow, we'll know if there's a scum team or not, we'll know if Exakt and Opop are bosses, and Asiina's results will be shared with someone even if scum take her out. I think that's the best outcome we could have hoped for, all things considered.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Byers2142 posted:

N0, I checked Ernie and Hal. N1, I checked Ernie and bowmore. None of them are bosses.

CapitalistPig posted:

Got a positive

Asiina, Ernie, Hal and Bowmore have been checked and are not bosses.

Pig, Zets and Byers have all either been investigated as or have claimed boss roles.

Of living players, that leaves:

SirSamVimes
Exact Science
imgay
Pinterest Mom
Opoponax
Robviously

As unknowns.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

Even without a scum team, you could be the Killer.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

assuming this all isn't a very elaborate lie by a scumteam of Pig/Zets/Byers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

assuming this all isn't a very elaborate lie by a scumteam of Pig/Zets/Byers

Which would be revealed when Zets flips.

• Locked thread