Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

They are trusting that roof WAY too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

RIP Mack. You were a mack and now you are dead. I will miss your fat flips.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
the Mack, he dead

That was a hot match to start though, the beer spot was a blast and Mack did it perfectly

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
That is the most incredibly perfect curtain jerker, what a way to get the crowd hot as hell

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Caution is a word that I can't understand

StarkRavingMad posted:

Yeah, we're basically GDTing in here, even though some are watching at different times.

I can confirm that they aren't sweetening the audio here, from the cooler spot on the crowd was absolutely losing their poo poo

Thanks brother! I wanted to know if I should either avoid spoilers, and I also gotta switch TVs to watch the match and this thread live at the same time too.

Tho if i were in the west coast, I'd just wait 3 hours to open the thread if i didn't wanna see any spoilers :)

This Trios is gonna be AWESOME

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
a brief "You're not scary" "YES THEY ARE" duelling chant

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

New masks! I don't know if I prefer them though.

LU has the best title belts in wrestling. Every single one is drat awesome.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Hahaha his name is Barrio Negro.

The character designed to strike fear into the heart of a Hogan.

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Oh poo poo it looks like Ivelisse may have re-injured it already? I sure hope she's fake limping

It's definitely been more than 2 or 3 months since her injury right? (I don't know the taping schedule off the top of my head)

edit: OMG Angelico again! that mofo is nuts

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

eljackass posted:

Oh poo poo it looks like Ivelisse may have re-injured it already? I sure hope she's fake limping

It's definitely been more than 2 or 3 months since her injury right? (I don't know the taping schedule off the top of my head)

She's still in a cast (or hard boot here). This was taped back in April.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Angelico has a death wish and he included some fans in it too. The shot framed it perfectly to show him flying OVER THE CROWD

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Lean Ambrose jumping off of things is my favorite thing in this show.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

We are entering the darkest timeline.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Angelico has a death wish and he included some fans in it too. The shot framed it perfectly to show him flying OVER THE CROWD

watching it live, I thought he was dead

like he was laying over there with blood coming out of his mouth for a really long time with doctors checking on him. Even Vampiro got up to check. Then the next day he was tweeting about working some indie show.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
That's the worst I've ever felt about heels winning, I wanted those raggedy misfits to retain so badly

on the plus side, if we get a season 2 we're almost certainly going to see Angelico die on camera

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

My fears are coming to pass: Season 1 will end with Mil Muertes and Catrina standing tall over the Temple.

If we never get Season 2, the best wrestling show will end with the villains winning!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
hahah gif of that Angelico spot: https://twitter.com/LuchaElRey/status/626550972643282944

you can see him just flailing as he plummets

eljackass
May 19, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

She's still in a cast (or hard boot here). This was taped back in April.

Thanks again! It just looked like she was still in a lot of pain, esp. outside the ring even with crutches. (I didn't see the hard boot until after I submitted that post)

I was rooting for Team Havoc, but I see that end as a decent lead-up to next season!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Lucha Underground even made product placement enjoyable.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I see SRM!

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

goon spotted, go goon beat that rear end.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

THAT WAS ME

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

So was the stupid cross shirt just to cover the lovely tattoos?

BEAT THAT rear end, GOON HERO

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

And the tradition of wrestlers having crap tattoos continues.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
ahaha there I am taunting him

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Wait, which believer is the goon?!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Phenix Rising posted:

Wait, which believer is the goon?!

I'm the skinny dude in the red Lucha shirt with the goatee

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love seeing Hernandez attempting to stifle his smiles/laughter as the fans are whipping him. It seems like he's having a blast.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I really hope that a gif of that big guy in the red shirt wailing away on Hernandez. Laughed really hard at that.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
so the three dudes who caught Drago on that crucifix are the only crowd plants out there

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i feel bad for angelico. He jumped off the office one time and now he has to do it in every big match

eljackass
May 19, 2004

HAHAHHAA StarkRavingMad whack whack whack

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

eljackass posted:

HAHAHHAA StarkRavingMad whack whack whack

you can see me holding my hands up there at the end because he was yelling at me "DROP IT DROP IT" and holding his own strap and I wasn't 100% sure if he was about to clock me

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

SRM rocked those shots to the ribs nicely. Hernandez clearly expected everything to the back

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Oh my god dude, that shot to the ribs at the end was incredible. I love LU so much.

eljackass
May 19, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

you can see me holding my hands up there at the end because he was yelling at me "DROP IT DROP IT" and holding his own strap and I wasn't 100% sure if he was about to clock me

hahahhahaha too funny!

Were you there for Part 2 as a Believer as well? (tho not necessarily participating) ?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
So a few things about that match since I can talk about it now (some of this I said in the WWE Discussion thread):

We met with Hernandez, Drago, Chavo, and Chris DeJoseph before the match. DeJoseph and Chavo gave us the background that the fans hate Hernandez, he had stole a belt off a fan, etc. Hernandez told us that "the ONLY thing you can do that will piss me off is if you hit me like a fuckin baby," which actually gave me a lot of respect for him. And we were told to avoid the face and neck, and to be careful not to clip any fans in the stands. I don't think Drago speaks much English, he was mostly there nodding and working on his sick nunchucku skills. They gave us kind of the general structure of the match but it wasn't heavily planned out. Striker and Vamp also came through to briefly say hello.

After the match we followed Drago out via the stands and Chavo was backstage to shake everyone's hand and tell us we did great, which was really cool. Melissa the ring announcer also came over to high-five us and told us she would have been scared to hit Hernandez. It was a really insane experience, and everyone involved did a good job of making us feel comfortable with it.

eljackass posted:

hahahhahaha too funny!

Were you there for Part 2 as a Believer as well? (tho not necessarily participating) ?

Nope! This week and last week were taped together. I have no idea what goes down next week.

eljackass
May 19, 2004

That was a loving AWESOME match!

StarkRavingMad -- I'd read your post in the WWE thread, but I thought it was from the last episode, not this one.

Question -- did any of y'all see Hernandez after the match? Despite his pre-match instructions, he was probably in a load of pain and a lil pissed off !!

eljackass fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jul 30, 2015

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Did not see him post-match, but I don't think he was actually pissed. Like he was very cool about everything before the show and if he hadn't been really specific with us that we were to beat the poo poo out of him, we would have been scared and trying to do dumb poo poo like pull our punches. There's two exits out of the arena, and we went out one way with Drago while he limped out the other, that's typically how they do it after a match, so he just wasn't going our way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So jealous of you and that experience. It sounds completely insane and like so much fun. Congrats on getting to be a part of it!

• Locked thread