Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Hi. Formula 1 is having it's mid-season so the next race isn't for 24 days. Let's talk about Formula 1 in general in this thread.

It's run by this guy:

That's really there is all you need to know for now.

For more detail see the contents of this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706039

Keep it clean and refrain from badmouthing Freddie Mercury.

Wirth1000 fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Aug 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Did I just discover we're not having the Baku GP this year? That was to be the most anticipated race on the calendar, along with Sochi and Abu Dhabi. Greatest venue, greatest crowds. Depressing.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
The survey question about 'How much would you pay for streaming' was dumb as hell. Ofcourse people are going to want to pay as little as possible. Dumb rear end unrealistic answers like under 5 bucks or wouldn't pay set back F1 joining the 21st century.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

AgentJotun posted:

The survey question about 'How much would you pay for streaming' was dumb as hell. Ofcourse people are going to want to pay as little as possible. Dumb rear end unrealistic answers like under 5 bucks or wouldn't pay set back F1 joining the 21st century.

I don't know about that!!! Let me tell you about these 1.6L V6 Hybrid Turbos....

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
McLaren are poo poo.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Alain Post posted:

McLaren are poo poo.

For now, posting comrade. But they'll be back in style next season and Lewis will be pining to come back to Woking :cheerdoge:

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Why was the main thread closed?

Can't have been concerns over quality, surely?

tupacalypse
Jan 1, 2013

by Pragmatica

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Why was the main thread closed?

Can't have been concerns over quality, surely?

Not enough love for the Scud in the last thread probably

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
i like this one better anyway

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Did I just discover we're not having the Baku GP this year? That was to be the most anticipated race on the calendar, along with Sochi and Abu Dhabi. Greatest venue, greatest crowds. Depressing.

Between the Greece situation and the absence of the European Grand Prix, I'd say Europe is really taking it on the chin this year.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Don't worry guys, Ron knows the guy who drives the crane.

Sweet new thread.

I have already voted 1.

Edit: I have read every post in F1 threads since some point in 2005. Seriously.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Aqualung posted:

Sweet new thread.

I have already voted 1.

Edit: I have read every post in F1 threads since some point in 2005. Seriously.

lol if you didn't buy archives & read the 2004 thread as well

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Goetta posted:

Between the Greece situation and the absence of the European Grand Prix, I'd say Europe is really taking it on the chin this year.

Which is why the continued presence of Hungary vexes me.

I am terribly vexed.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Hungary is incredibly good.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Mercedes sucks

Hamilton sucks

Are Dan for moral F1 championship

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Don't worry guys, Ron knows the guy who drives the crane.

If by "Are Dan" you mean Brainwrong then I agree.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
When will F1 get "good" again?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Never. F1 has never been good.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Alain Post posted:

Never. F1 has never been good.

And its heading in to terminal decline with our Lord and Saviour Formula E set to save us from despair.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Bring back Formula Juan

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
Way to shut the old thread on someone who just joined (not me, some other dude who said Hungary was the first race he watched)

Anyway, Freddie Mercury is Good as well as the Best and so is my team the Scud and its Weltmeister Driving trio of Sebastian Vettel and the Ghosts of Jules Bianchi and Benito Mussolini :italy:

Forza Ferrari #KeepFightingMichael #No.#17

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I love Sebastian Vettel.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

aequalis posted:

Forza Ferrari #KeepFightingMichael #No.#17

Michael drove for the scumbag Mercedes. Toto planted the rock.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I know we are on a break but why shut the other thread down until the next race? That's just loving retarded.

You cant get rid of us that easily, because here we are in the Worst Thread as usual.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Jul 30, 2015

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Because OP of the other thread is a massive human being, that's why

edit: I kinda like the extended break, for a while I can pretend like I don't care about F1 whilst in reality I'm actually not missing any races. This is probably why I keep coming back for more. Stupid summer break.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Human GP's mid season team report

Ferrari:10/10
Williams, Mercedes, Toro Rosso, Sauber, Force India, Manor, Lotus: 7/10
Mclaren: 0/10
Red Bull: -16/10

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
I was thinking of starting a new thread after I saw that virgin keevo shut down the other one.

Then I forgot. So I am glad someone else did it because we hadn't finished discussing Michael Schumacher's fashion

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
Looks like Jenson Button's F1 days might be over. Various reports in last 2 days saying he has signed on to be one of the next hosts of Top Gear, and the rumours look to be strong as all betting on it appears to have been stopped.

Its very unlikely he can do that and still drive in F1 for Williams as was also rumoured.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

ukle posted:

Its very unlikely he can do that and still drive in F1 for Williams as was also rumoured.

With these month long breaks, sure he can

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I am a Formula 1 fan

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Tsaedje posted:

I am a Formula 1 fan

f1

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

ukle posted:

Looks like Jenson Button's F1 days might be over. Various reports in last 2 days saying he has signed on to be one of the next hosts of Top Gear, and the rumours look to be strong as all betting on it appears to have been stopped

Leaves a job worth at least 12 mill a year to co-present a tv show about cars. Yeah I TOTALLY believe that.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Top Gear with an actual good driver will be decent.

I like that Fifth Gear has Tiff Needle and Vicky Butler Henderson who are both far better drivers than any of the three amigos of the recent Top Gear team

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
When the other thread re-opens, lets just stay here and ignore the faggatory that is Keevo.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Well Top Gear is going to Amazon in some new "certainly, definitely not Top Gear" format. With all three presenters. So I can't imagine JB leaving F1 for a part time co-presenter job. Unless he has no choice.

Edit: Unless he goes to the new BBC car show. Which is NOT Top Gear!

Brainwrong fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jul 30, 2015

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It's not like he needs the money at this point and he's apparently mates with Chris Evans?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
It was a tactical lock by keevo, and I respect his decision.

ukle posted:

Looks like Jenson Button's F1 days might be over. Various reports in last 2 days saying he has signed on to be one of the next hosts of Top Gear, and the rumours look to be strong as all betting on it appears to have been stopped.

This was always going to be Jenson's last year as an F1 driver regardless. He's probably pissed around with Coulthard enough to catch the "Off the cuff presenter of a car-based TV show" bug.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
we shouldn't have to pay for streaming, it should be included in the tv package like HBO GO.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

HJB posted:

It was a tactical lock by keevo, and I respect his decision.

This was always going to be Jenson's last year as an F1 driver regardless. He's probably pissed around with Coulthard enough to catch the "Off the cuff presenter of a car-based TV show" bug.

Remember when the BBC did that "Looking back on Jenson's career" farewell segment last season.....then he re-signed at McLaren?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Brainwrong posted:

I was thinking of starting a new thread after I saw that virgin keevo shut down the other one.

Then I forgot. So I am glad someone else did it because we hadn't finished discussing Michael Schumacher's fashion

can we stop talking about button and talk about this important issue

• Locked thread