Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pvt.Scott posted:

It happened years ago and he went through specious therapy. Sure he wasn't punished by the law due to actions of family and friends, but don't you think those people that survived the tower collapse have suffered enough? Why reopen old wounds over ancient history?
Yes, why should we reopen old wounds over ancient history?

Now please open your true historical record of what happened in ancient times and see how we should hate the gays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

CannonFodder posted:

Now please open your true historical record of what happened in ancient times and see how we should hate the gays.

Look at this shameful post you made, dude.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

Wow... Whoa.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

When is congress going to take a vote on sterilizing quiverful and Mormon cults with crop-dusters? Im not talking about the main Mormon church, they suck and have retarded doctrine but they usually don't gently caress their kids.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

The Skeleton King posted:

When is congress going to take a vote on sterilizing quiverful and Mormon cults with crop-dusters? Im not talking about the main Mormon church, they suck and have retarded doctrine but they usually don't gently caress their kids.

Are you kidding? That whole group of people's ability to reproduce is the only thing keeping the Republican party from rightly disappearing from history and being replaced by some capitalist group unencumbered by hatred for cheap Mexican labor

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

VideoTapir posted:

The funny thing is that the conversations in the Duggar household in the last couple months would have made the best television ever.

Capturing the Friedmans but with more Jesus.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

That Beijing-like smog dome over Salt Lake City will get em sooner or later

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Minimalist Program posted:

Have not read last 125 pages of the thread but did anyone say: looks like those whores got Duggared?!

yes we did :D

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lodin posted:

My Little Jim Bob: Duggaring Is Magic

Dammit Josh, leave the fillies alone!

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Captain Yossarian posted:

Are there people that did/currently believe this?

God sets it as a hard limit in Genesis 6:3.

"Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.”

Of course, now that we have people living longer than that, the Apologists are cobbling together shaky explanations for why yet another Bible verse means the exact opposite of what it actually says.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Noice :D

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

The Bible posted:

God sets it as a hard limit in Genesis 6:3.

"Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.”

Of course, now that we have people living longer than that, the Apologists are cobbling together shaky explanations for why yet another Bible verse means the exact opposite of what it actually says.

If by "now that we have people living longer than that" you mean one person. Then yes, Bible Apologists are really worried about that particular verse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_verified_oldest_people

The Bible is full of some really terrible explanations for a lot of things, but they actually managed to inexplicably nail the maximum human lifespan due to cell reproduction and degradation.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pvt.Scott posted:

It happened years ago and he went through specious therapy. Sure he wasn't punished by the law due to actions of family and friends, but don't you think those people that survived the tower collapse have suffered enough? Why reopen old wounds over ancient history?

I wish this were a real post

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Krispy Kareem posted:

If by "now that we have people living longer than that" you mean one person. Then yes, Bible Apologists are really worried about that particular verse.

The Bible is full of some really terrible explanations for a lot of things, but they actually managed to inexplicably nail the maximum human lifespan due to cell reproduction and degradation.

Lol

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Krispy Kareem posted:

Maybe that one old lady had no soul. Her flesh was animated by a demon or something. :ms:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Krispy Kareem posted:

Stopped clock is right twice a day, throw enough poo poo against the wall and some of it is bound to stick, etc. etc.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

I'm going to assume that's the esteemed Rev. Moon. I've never seen a picture. Regardless, I support his assertion.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Its been a couple weeks for me, so just let me get this out of my system: Jim Bob

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Are you there, God? It's me, Josh Duggar.
A charming coming-of-age novel for all of those young teenage men wondering whether or not they should finger-gently caress their baby sister

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Geoj posted:

Stopped clock is right twice a day

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Pvt.Scott posted:

I'm going to assume that's the esteemed Rev. Moon. I've never seen a picture. Regardless, I support his assertion.
that's some fascist from japan I think. The rev moon was way more glam

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Jo'Lawnduhrder :doink:

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
Who are we to question what pops off in the cider house

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Jim Bob

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

What the gently caress?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

This *cannot* be real :staredog:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Scyantific posted:

This *cannot* be real :staredog:

it's not, she has all of 4 tweets, all related to that tweet over a 2-day period

I'm going to go ahead and assume it's some white frat bros making fun of black people or something

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

Entertainment Tonight posted:

Looks like a Duggar romance is not actually ending with a trip down the aisle.

After four months of courtship, 18-year-old Josiah Duggar has split with 17-year-old Marjorie Jackson. Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar broke the news on Wednesday on the family's official Facebook page, attributing their son's breakup to "the Lord's will."

"A few weeks ago Marjorie and Josiah agreed to end their courtship, keeping in step with what they believe the Lord’s will is," they wrote. "Both are thankful for the time getting to know each other, and their families continue to enjoy each other’s company and close friendship. As parents we are very pleased to see two young people searching out their futures with God's will as their first priority!"

"Both Josiah and Marjorie have enjoyed getting to know each other and to build their friendship over the past months," they added. "We are so grateful that they each are seeking the Lord's will for their future."

Josiah officially entered into a courtship with Marjorie on April 6, after getting to know her through taking Spanish lessons with her mother, Analucia. "It's been going very well," he told People at the time. " ... I was very impressed with the way she was with her siblings and her love for the Lord."

Later that month, Josiah and Marjorie made their debut as a couple in a joint video for TLC. "Courtship is like dating with a purpose," Marjorie explained. "It's getting to know each other better in group settings, along with our families and just really asking those tough questions and getting to spend more time together along with family and friends."

In the video, Josiah's older brother, 27-year-old Josh Duggar, gives advice to him about courting.

TLC officially canceled 19 Kids and Counting last month, after the series lost numerous advertisers and sponsors when it was revealed that Josh molested several underage girls -- including his sisters -- when he was a teenager.

http://www.etonline.com/news/169378_josiah_duggar_and_marjorie_jackson_split_after_4_months_of_courtship/

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
lol how much yhou wanna bet it's the spanish lessons that turns middle america against them

Buh
May 17, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

lol how much yhou wanna bet it's the spanish lessons that turns middle america against them

Nah that'll be the inevitable gay kid

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Buh posted:

Nah that'll be the inevitable gay kid

Josiah just broke up with his girl because of "the Lord's will" and I bet the Lord is pointing him towards dudes now.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

The Lord is pointing him towards dudes that are also into dudes who have successfully turned themselves straight.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i said a jim bob jimmy jimmy to the jim jim bob you don't stop the josh with the bang bang duggar

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I may not agree with the Jim you Bob, but I'll defend to the death your right to Duggar.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
In the video, Josiah's older brother, 27-year-old Josh Duggar, gives advice to him about courting.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
probably broke up because the girl's family knew that kid wouldn't be able to power through enough times to pop out another dozen kids

alas, poor duggar. i knew him, joratio. a fellow of infinite vests, of most fabulous fancy.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
gayest duggar finds spine to break up with arranged beard after gay marriage legalized, family oddly religious in explanation for breakup

hes totes gonna be the one who writes a tell-all down the line

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Holy gently caress their house looks like it was decorated at a motel surplus sale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Even if he's not actually gay it's possible she realized "you have no education, no skills, and your family's gravy train is over. How are we supposed to make a living?"

But hey, congrats on using your freak show family to destroy innocent lives and then write off your awful choices as God's will.

• Locked thread