Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Sjonnar posted:

I count two ducks in this picture, which is two too many. Needs more lava.

I put a dart trap wired to a 1-second timer on the lakes near my base to autokill any and all ducks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Then aren't you just replacing constant quacking with the constant sound of the dart traps firing?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Internet Kraken posted:

Then aren't you just replacing constant quacking with the constant sound of the dart traps firing?

Sounds a million times better than quacking!

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Ashsaber posted:

So are there any inventory editors for the current version that I could download? I'm going to be away from Internet connections for the next couple weeks, and would like to have some way of adding building materials to my character.

TerrariaInvEdit works well for me!

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Cicadalek posted:

Yes, and it is an enormous pain in the rear end to gather and also to paint. I wish painting it made the light green too.

Yeah, it'd be pretty cool if glowing blocks would change the color they glow if you paint them. At least you can make non glowing blocks glow if you place a gemspark wall behind them.

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011
So I'm noticing, as Operation: Flood the World With Lava proceeds apace, that lava has a tendency to "stack up" in liquid duplicators due to the lava's slower flow. I'm experimenting with using slower timers to adjust the flow so as to achieve the optimal duplication rate. As i'm doing this, i notice that the lava tends not to flow properly if i'm around - as though the game were overwhelmed trying to render the liquid, it seems to stop in midair, leading to "floating" lava puddles. Seems to work fine when i'm offscreen.

Just some information for other goons who have expressed their desire to make lava lakes and such.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

If this doesn't work

Ashsaber posted:

Currently the only inv editor that I know of that works with the current versions is Terrasavr, which is a web based one, which I wouldn't be able to use without internet, unless-

-the way to do this is explained to me, as I am not technologically literate enough to figure out how to do this.

You can just save this link http://yal.cc/r/terrasavr/fl/Terrasavr.swf to have the SWF file for Terrasavr, which should work when you run it locally using your browser of choice. I haven't tested it though.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Nighthand posted:

If this doesn't work

You can just save this link http://yal.cc/r/terrasavr/fl/Terrasavr.swf to have the SWF file for Terrasavr, which should work when you run it locally using your browser of choice. I haven't tested it though.

Thank you, that works quite well. Thank you for helping a dumbass like me.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
It might work locally but still pull some stuff from the web, try it with your Internet off just to make sure. Anyway I'm pretty sure the other inventory editor works well.

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...
I'm curious if anyone knows an efficient way to trigger Nymph spawns? I'm having a hard time finding them and the one time they did they fell into lava and I lost the metal detector :(

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but any item of blue rarity or above (Seen most frequently with Crimson/Cyan Beetles) is lava-proof and can be retrieved. Granted, this means you need to lava-dive.

Otherwise, no, no means of triggering them. I read they spawn more frequently in Underground Snow (Possibly because of a smaller spawnlist), but my tunnel full of Water Candles yielded no spawns, but when I was strolling down to Hell for groceries I found one.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Apparition posted:

I'm curious if anyone knows an efficient way to trigger Nymph spawns? I'm having a hard time finding them and the one time they did they fell into lava and I lost the metal detector :(
Just pick up a monster detector from the travelling merchant and keep an eye on it while you're out and about. They're a low enough spawn rate that sitting around waiting for them is gonna drive you crazy.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
I'm up to 144 corruptors now, and I just want to say gently caress vitamins, and gently caress blindfolds

edit: seriously, I've sold about 5 so far, and I've got 3 more in my inventory. I'm only one goddamned item away from the ankh shield.

egg tats fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jul 31, 2015

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

Any advice on pre and post plantera equipment for yoyo users? Just killed her, thinking of going for an eclipse and hoping for an eye, but I'll probably at least dip my toe into the dungeon first.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
You can get a Kraken out of the Dungeon now that you've killed Plantera which isn't as good as an Eye but may be better than what you have now.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

tbh I randomly found a corruption key so got the scourge from the dungeon and haven't used my yoyo much since, poo poo's bonkers with all those homing persistent projectiles, especially for farming events like the eclipse. Eye is pretty easy to get though if you have a decent setup for farming it. Just go farm the jungle temple a bit, golems' super easy then you can farm all the eclipses you want.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Cicadalek posted:

I always told myself that when the next big update came I'd make a proper giant skybase, so now I'm making a start with an obligatory Way Too Big Tree

Still need to round out my critter and painting collection, but I'm mostly happy with it. I particularly like how the painter's little art project turned out.

I'm afraid you do not know the meaning of the word "way too big tree", my friend.

This fucker is 57 floors (not counting the basement roots). Made it that high specifically to accommodate that branch on the top left, which reaches up into a sky lake just a little off-screen.

The trunk isn't technically finished (no furnishings in place other than the chandeliers, and I should probably expand the top to look round or something, though the deal with the wall branches at the top made me feel artistic), and the tree as a whole is definitely not complete. This is a world project; it's eventually going to have branches containing minecarts going to all of the important places of the world, (like the dungeon), which is fairly easy, since minecarts almost literally build themselves, and once you have the minecart the branch does the same. Unfortunately, I'm also intending to make roots that go to all the important underground places (hellevator, temple), which is less easy since I have to also dig out the path for the minecart.

Am I crazy? Iunno. Seems like this kinda bullshit is what Terraria was made for. Surprisingly, it hasn't been all that long since I started working on it. Maybe 2 hours work thus far?

Know what drives me crazy? The sheer wood costs of this fucker. 13 thousand wood and counting. And I can't even use any other variety of wood.

For now, since Pinky suddenly spawned in droves, I'm going to take a break from giant god drat tree to build myself a bouncy castle.

Is there any way to make pink slime blocks more bouncy, because this isn't remotely as bouncy as I was expecting.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Aug 1, 2015

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Speaking of Minecart tracks does the auto cursor help build them faster? I built my tacks just holding the button down in front of the cart but going too fast would sometimes mess it up and I hadn't played around with the auto cursor too much back then.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Blackheart posted:

Speaking of Minecart tracks does the auto cursor help build them faster? I built my tacks just holding the button down in front of the cart but going too fast would sometimes mess it up and I hadn't played around with the auto cursor too much back then.

Only in the same way autocursor helps build anything else. Just find the speed you can build at indefinitely at coast at that forever.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Hooray, I beat the destroyer! Now, what should I make with these Hallowed Bars? Light Disks, a Melee weapon, a repeater? Should I rack up a few more defeats and go straight for the armor? I can get all of these things sooner or later, but which would you recommend getting first?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Definitely make the Megashark (unless you already have the Uzi).

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

"Supremezero" posted:

Is there any way to make pink slime blocks more bouncy, because this isn't remotely as bouncy as I was expecting.

Not for real, they're more to let you build big rear end drops/hellevators without worrying about the splat at the end.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
wait, you dont take fall damage when you BOUNCE? why didnt i think of that

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Verviticus posted:

wait, you dont take fall damage when you BOUNCE? why didnt i think of that

"Verviticus didn't bounc- Wait, dammit, he did bounce."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Supremezero posted:

Know what drives me crazy? The sheer wood costs of this fucker. 13 thousand wood and counting. And I can't even use any other variety of wood.

Edit yourself a full inventory of wood you crazy crazy man

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Cephalocidal posted:

Not for real, they're more to let you build big rear end drops/hellevators without worrying about the splat at the end.

it would be really fun and cool if they functioned more like bouncy dynamite, letting you bounce indefinitely at the same height

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

VineST posted:

it would be really fun and cool if they functioned more like bouncy dynamite, letting you bounce indefinitely at the same height

See, this is what I expected. It's made from the same thing, why doesn't it function the same way!

Mexicat
Feb 1, 2013
that giant tree home is pretty as hell

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Mexicat posted:

that giant tree home is pretty as hell

The hive in particular is a great addition.

Stealing :keke:

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Ariong posted:

Hooray, I beat the destroyer! Now, what should I make with these Hallowed Bars? Light Disks, a Melee weapon, a repeater? Should I rack up a few more defeats and go straight for the armor? I can get all of these things sooner or later, but which would you recommend getting first?

light discs would be nice if they had the homing ability of a possessed hatchet, but they don't and are horrible because of that. if you don't want a megashark, there isn't much else to do with the souls. save the bars for armor (if you want, but frost armor is pretty much better), excalibur (for upgrading in the future), and/or pumpkin medallions for fun stuff in the future

Supremezero posted:

See, this is what I expected. It's made from the same thing, why doesn't it function the same way!

it would also make it super deadly, as falling down from a hellevator could launch you all the way up so you can't safely dismount it. sounds good to me though!

that ivy guy fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 1, 2015

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Finally done with my T-Edit Tree Houses.

That took a long drat time.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The highest form of flattery in Terraria is stealing other people's creativity because I have none

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I know I stole the "beehive on tree" idea from somewhere, possibly the showcase of stuff from the 1.2 beta server. Same with that spiral staircase design.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Megashark it is. One more thing: DO you need two yo-yos to make full use of the yo-yo bag or can I sell this second Amarok?

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Ariong posted:

Megashark it is. One more thing: DO you need two yo-yos to make full use of the yo-yo bag or can I sell this second Amarok?

It duplicates the one you're using.

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

Went to the dungeon, grabbed a Kraken, fooled around there for a bit, then went to the jungle for life fruit, chlorophyte, biome key, etc. After about 15 minutes, a solar eclipse spawns. I port back to base, plop a blue candle at my base, and end up fighting a half dozen mothrons, grabbing about 3 plain eyes plus a demonic one.

Awesome. So I head back to the jungle, and as soon as I arrive, another eclipse starts.

All in all, I got tons of eyes, scythe, the chainsaw... But only one broken sword. Oh well.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
On the subject of stealing designs, anyone have examples of stairs that traverse multiple levels that NPCs can use? I had a lot of difficulty designing my base because I wanted NPCs to move between floors freely. I found one design that worked by pure luck but if I were too build another base I'd want to do something else but have no idea what designs would actually work.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Already beat Duke Fishron and I don't think he has more drops that interest me, what is the simplest Frost/Pumpkin moon arena you can make? I have some traps I harvested from the jungle temple, do I just build a flat colosseum with a high central platform and a lot of traps? I guess I could make new worlds to get more temple traps... Since there's a lot of enemies and item drops I've read that heart statues won't really help much.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Trying to finish my run of Terraria by beating everything in an Expert Large mode from scratch. I'm at the Moon Lord and so far on three attempts I've died. What makes a good layout to fight the Moon Lord? I have an asphalt skybirdge and minetrack stretching the entire map, but the problem I am having is moon lord's sweeping laser. What's the best way to dodge it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

It doesn't penetrate blocks, so a roof over your head blocks it.
Switchable (actuated) shields may be useful.