Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Palpek posted:

Yeah, I did it like this and it works exactly like that.
Awesome.

In other sequence breaking news, w/r/t Novigrad mage persecution:
You can wait till after you rescue Ciri on the Isle of Mists to help Triss & friends escape to Kovir?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Judging by Zoltan's response in somewhat related event, it might be possible. Or it's there just to help you out in case you hosed up. I've always done her as part of regional clean-up.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Mr Newsman posted:

Just picked up TW2 after playing through 3 and wanting to go back. It's not bad so far, but I do miss a lot about TW3. Triss' voice acting in 2 is TERRIBLE. God drat woman.

Yeah, pretty much. I mean, look at this. In my opinion Phillipa's performance in Witcher 2 was one of the most enjoyable things about the game, but even she can't make a one on one dialogue with Triss non-cringeworthy.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

420 Gank Mid posted:

Surprise new DLC

Game really needs cosmetic armor slots so I can be fancy and still have good stats.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
So I finally went back and did the person in distress southwest of Mulbrydale, and just for fun, I followed the guy down the road after I set him free. he did in fact walk all the way to his permanent location. It turns out he's the blacksmith in Mulbrydale. Who was already there. Who I already beat at gwent.

someone is a doppler

(it's not spoilers, it's a glitch)

Beeez
May 28, 2012
It's nice to see you reunited the Blacksmith Twins of Mulbrydale.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone had any success on ps4 getting past the "Skellige's Most Wanted" glitch? Some people on pc have gotten past it, but I haven't found any people who said they got past it on ps4. It's really bumming me out because it's an interesting quest.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

So in Skellige, I was asked by Lugos to help his son at the Cave of Dreams, which I didn't get around to before Blueboy Lugos was eaten by Were-Bears. The quest hasn't failed though, there's just no objective marker for it. Is it just glitched out?

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Snak posted:

Has anyone had any success on ps4 getting past the "Skellige's Most Wanted" glitch? Some people on pc have gotten past it, but I haven't found any people who said they got past it on ps4. It's really bumming me out because it's an interesting quest.

I've heard some people fix it by deleting the DLC and reinstalling it. Didn't work for me, the werewolf dances into and out of his death throes forever.

Poolparty
Aug 18, 2013

I was sailing around Skellige at night and found a spooky ghost ship roaming the seas. Apart from the whales are there any other random sightings?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
The spookiest thing around Skellige is diving underwater with Cat active and seeing a whale far off in the distance just...hanging there.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I can't get the Contract of Eldberg (the contract you need to do before unlocking Cave of Dreams) to show up on the Arinbjorn board. Is this a glitch, or there another contract/quest I have to do first?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
You guys see this disabled quest?
Spoilers if you haven't been past the Isle of Mist and dealt with UMA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48TXQOC53xc

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Oh man why don't we get to do that? :(

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Haha, that's great. Breaks the flow of the scene though. Witcher 4 should should be all about killing monsters and gathering strange ingredients for cooking.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I assume they decided it kills the momentum too much, but it's a shame, it's a cool scene.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Hmm, maybe you only see that scene if you didn't go drinking with your buddies? Which would explain why literally not a single player has seen it so far

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Make omelets for Yen, Gerald

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

jaete posted:

Hmm, maybe you only see that scene if you didn't go drinking with your buddies? Which would explain why literally not a single player has seen it so far

I didn't do the whole sequence on my first playthrough, bowed out before the "I have never" game, and I didn't see it.

Also it takes place after another cutscene we do get, and immediately before the one where Yennefer starts falling asleep, from the sound of it, so it's just cut.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

The Sharmat posted:

I didn't do the whole sequence on my first playthrough, bowed out before the "I have never" game, and I didn't see it.

Also it takes place after another cutscene we do get, and immediately before the one where Yennefer starts falling asleep, from the sound of it, so it's just cut.

I don't think he was being literal, my man

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I recently found out about a scene that no one ever talks about for a very similar reason though, so I wasn't sure.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Poetic Justice posted:

You guys see this disabled quest?
Spoilers if you haven't been past the Isle of Mist and dealt with UMA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48TXQOC53xc

That animation is so bad, I'm glad they cut it if they really did - they do have nice facial animations and expressions, but some things you should just hide if they can't be done right. Also eating an omelet with a spoon :lol:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
No doubt cut because they realized they needed an alternate ending if you make the omelette out of beer, candy, and wolf liver.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
Yeah, it ruins the emotional tenor of the scene. But it is awesome, a shame we didn't get it in elsewhere.

E: Geralt's monocle, that's the monocle I made for the Thaler quest, but last time I tried to use it (like, January) it wasn't working so I replaced it with the non-wearable version. At some point it must've gotten fixed without my knowledge. I'll try to get the monocle into the next patch so you won't need to use the console to wear it. I demand a monocle-geralt LP in return.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Yeah, it ruins the emotional tenor of the scene. But it is awesome, a shame we didn't get it in elsewhere.

E: Geralt's monocle, that's the monocle I made for the Thaler quest, but last time I tried to use it (like, January) it wasn't working so I replaced it with the non-wearable version. At some point it must've gotten fixed without my knowledge. I'll try to get the monocle into the next patch so you won't need to use the console to wear it. I demand a monocle-geralt LP in return.

Just how late in the process do you guys do stuff like re-writes, cuts, and re-recordings (not that that was required for an apparent late cut, here)?

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

The Sharmat posted:

Just how late in the process do you guys do stuff like re-writes, cuts, and re-recordings (not that that was required for an apparent late cut, here)?

It depends on a lot of stuff, some things can be altered at the last minute, like quest structure. VO is probably one of the biggest expenses we have, at least in terms of production (no idea about actual $$$ cost). Once a line is recorded, if it's one of our main actors, we will usually have them back a few months later for pickups, but if they aren't available or we have no more pickups scheduled, we can't change it anymore. Plus, we localize into a ton of different languages, so that's an entire other pipeline that can cause trouble. If you need to change a line in EN, you may need to also re-write it in other languages, then after that gets localized it needs to get re-recorded in all those languages (at least the ones with VO). For that reason, story gets locked down a few months before everything else.

If you need to change anything after story is locked, you sometimes need to get creative. Right now I'm working on a quest where I *should* have Geralt say something to himself after he picks up a note, but I didn't realize I didn't have that line until after story was locked, so instead I'm adding a journal objective (no VO required) to read the note manually. It's not optimal, but it works.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

speaking of voice work, there's some occasions where geralt sounds very different (the scene where Yen uses the mask on Skellige, for example) wwhat's up with that? voice double? actor have a sore throat? recorded at a very different time?

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Attitude Indicator posted:

speaking of voice work, there's some occasions where geralt sounds very different (the scene where Yen uses the mask on Skellige, for example) wwhat's up with that? voice double? actor have a sore throat? recorded at a very different time?

Not voice double, but all the rest could easily be the case. Keep in mind how long this game was in production, so some of those lines might have been recorded up to a year apart.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
drat. That must be a scheduling nightmare. Looking at IMDB , many/most of the actors seem to be UK TV and stage actors, so I doubt they're just "on-call" for whenever you need them.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

The Sharmat posted:

drat. That must be a scheduling nightmare. Looking at IMDB , many/most of the actors seem to be UK TV and stage actors, so I doubt they're just "on-call" for whenever you need them.

Pickups are scheduled in advance, and our EN recording studio is in London, so it's not as bad as it sounds. It gets a little more difficult when you need to get someone who doesn't live in London. I've got a request for a somewhat well-known actor who lives in New York, and it's going to be a pain in the rear end to get him (but worth it).

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
So you're recording for Expansion stuff now?

Speaking of, trailers when?

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

The Sharmat posted:

So you're recording for Expansion stuff now?

Speaking of, trailers when?

I don't actually know when stuff gets recorded or what the schedule is.

Also don't know about trailers and even if I did... :)

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

CVagts posted:

I can't get the Contract of Eldberg (the contract you need to do before unlocking Cave of Dreams) to show up on the Arinbjorn board. Is this a glitch, or there another contract/quest I have to do first?

Go wander into Arinbjorn's tavern.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Sweet, thanks! I'm going to do an alchemy based build my second playthrough, using medium or heavy armors. Time to go make some Ursine armor and find some recipes!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I think my favorite little thing so far is that you can hang that one painting you get as a quest reward in Dandelion's. I wish I could decorate it more!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

drat, I only now watched the 'Night to remember' CG trailer. I've seen all the previous trailers and I didn't know there was an extra one made just for the release. It's also really nice.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I want a CG Witcher series done by these people pretty bad, I have to admit.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I'd like to see somebody working with HBO pick up the books and make a high budget series out of them like GoT. There's so much material for that and a good mix of action vs politics vs protagonist's personal story.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
This series is very poorly suited for live action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

The Sharmat posted:

This series is very poorly suited for live action.

You just need to find a director/producer who knows how to mix character drama and intrigue with monster-of-the-week action.

Joss Whedon presents The Witcher, only on FOX!