Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
Bolded are the straight up copied lyrics by Drake. The rest are copied flow and cadence with changed lyrics.

Old ways, new women, gotta keep a balance
The girl of your dreams to me is probably not a challenge

I've been counted out so many times, I couldn't count it
Funny how now my accountant is havin' trouble tryna count it
To the people that think that I owe you poo poo
Payback's a bitch and you know that poo poo
Y'all niggas gettin' too old for this
Please don't think nobody notices
I've been up for way too many days
Y'all sleeping off of me anyway

Y'all don't be doin' poo poo anyway
Y'all are not true to this anyway
OVO, East End, Reps Up, we might just get hit with the R.I.C.O
Everyone home for the summer, so let's not do nothing illegal
I go make 50 million then I give some millions to my people
They gon' go Tony Montana and cop them some Shaq at the free throws
But they're from the way fam, there's not much to say fam
They told me to tell you you mans are some wastemans
And stay in your place fam
My dad is from Memphis, and I am the king
I should probably just move in to Graceland
Madonna’s a ting I know and I’m the king of pop
I’m building Never-Never Land
How he hate me when I never met the man
Woo! We might just get hit with the R.I.C.O

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
"OB my brother" as in OB O'Brien, Drakes OVO artist and well known long time friend and fellow Torontonian. Why would an unknown rapper from Atlanta go way back with OB unless he's supposed to be writing from the perspective of Drake?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
who gives a poo poo

other than you and meek mill

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

loving smh at Meek using The Undertaker's theme.

Drake gonna Fire back using Brock's theme now.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

gohmak posted:

"OB my brother" as in OB O'Brien, Drakes OVO artist and well known long time friend and fellow Torontonian. Why would an unknown rapper from Atlanta go way back with OB unless he's supposed to be writing from the perspective of Drake?

I don't think anyone with a brain actually thinks drake is writing his verses

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
LOL whataburger is roastin meek now

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

the_american_dream posted:

LOL whataburger is roastin meek now

drat lol

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
how about a palate cleanser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AokwT3igUY

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Tremendous Taste posted:

I don't think anyone with a brain actually thinks drake is writing his verses

Yeah but this busts the theory that QM is paid to spit a flow on a beat to inspire Drake but Drake ended up cribing whole lines and flows. If he's rapping from the perspective of Drake he is a ghostwriter not a "collaborator."

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Quentin Miller seemingly completely wrote the most quotable Bars and lines from If you are reading this...

Like Meeks track was garbage, and I won't defend it. But Meek and Flex are literally out here leaking Drake reference tracks. And Meeks getting ALL the slander?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I never really respected drake as an artist to the point this changed my opinion

Like I wouldn't be moved if I heard it about Selena Gomez either

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Dexo posted:

Quentin Miller seemingly completely wrote the most quotable Bars and lines from If you are reading this...

Like Meeks track was garbage, and I won't defend it. But Meek and Flex are literally out here leaking Drake reference tracks. And Meeks getting ALL the slander?

If Meek didn't do and handle this like a bitch he wouldn't be getting killed.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
I think the reason Meek's little tantrum backfired is because everybody already knew Drake was soft and probably didn't write all his own raps, but the dude puts out good music and sells squillions.

So Meek accusing him of poo poo most people already heavily suspected anyway doesn't really change anyone's opinion of Drake... Actually the fact that Drake's wiped the floor with Meek with his diss tracks means that if anything a lot of people's opinion of Drake has actually changed for the better. And Meek looks loving ridiculous :laugh:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

monkeu posted:

I think the reason Meek's little tantrum backfired is because everybody already knew Drake was soft and probably didn't write all his own raps, but the dude puts out good music and sells squillions.

So Meek accusing him of poo poo most people already heavily suspected anyway doesn't really change anyone's opinion of Drake... Actually the fact that Drake's wiped the floor with Meek with his diss tracks means that if anything a lot of people's opinion of Drake has actually changed for the better. And Meek looks loving ridiculous :laugh:

Flex Gotta drop the Back to Back reference track and end Drake.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Hahaha my dumb rear end didnt know who Norm Kelly actually was.

Thought it was random white dude chiming in rap beef for follows and lulls. Thats kind of cool for an actual politician

Edit: I can't recall ever seeing a man get roasted by his own peers politicians and corporate loving sponsors before. How does meek make it out of this

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jul 31, 2015

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
If drake somehow winds up with Nicki after this i will die i will be dead

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

gohmak posted:

Nobody loving cares. Rap dudes dgaf about Drake anyways so it doesn't matter to them if he's not writing poo poo. And as long as he can sing along to whatever words are being written for him and look pretty the women and children who make up Drake's fanbase don't care either. It's not like pop music has any consideration for authenticity or w/e. He's an actor, nobody cares.

And Meek looks like a goddamn clown, because this all started for nothing, and he went at dude in like the most irrelevant way possible. Everyone who cares about rap already knew he's 10x the rapper Drake is, so he's not making new fans, but he's probably losing some being a national punchline. I mean Drake got loving roughed up by Puffy, how you not gonna roast on him endlessly for that?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

We think of Drake as a pop rapper and pop artists largely don't write their poo poo. I just wonder how long as he been getting help. Since the start?

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

alansmithee posted:

Nobody loving cares. Rap dudes dgaf about Drake anyways so it doesn't matter to them if he's not writing poo poo. And as long as he can sing along to whatever words are being written for him and look pretty the women and children who make up Drake's fanbase don't care either. It's not like pop music has any consideration for authenticity or w/e. He's an actor, nobody cares.

And Meek looks like a goddamn clown, because this all started for nothing, and he went at dude in like the most irrelevant way possible. Everyone who cares about rap already knew he's 10x the rapper Drake is, so he's not making new fans, but he's probably losing some being a national punchline. I mean Drake got loving roughed up by Puffy, how you not gonna roast on him endlessly for that?

appearantly pissed on by one of TI's weed carriers too.

https://twitter.com/JuliaBeverly

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:

RBX posted:

We think of Drake as a pop rapper and pop artists largely don't write their poo poo. I just wonder how long as he been getting help. Since the start?

Probably since NWTS. That's when he started really switching up the flows, and the title makes more sense now actually.

Meek's track would have been 1000x better if it was a loop of him saying "You let TIP homie piss on you in a movie theater, we ain’t forget".

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
And drake writes for other people too so it's like the whole thing is completely irrelevant from meeks end

sum
Nov 15, 2010

alansmithee posted:

Maybe I'm reading too far into this but even if fans/dumbshits on twitter/whoever overwhelmingly side with Drake, Meek's still positioning himself as second to the biggest rap artist alive. It's like Pepsi taking on Coke, Meek's not trying to win, he would be just fine being #2. The problem is that his flow isn't pop enough, his producers aren't as good, and, like you were saying, the fanbase demographics are different so he's not going to win anyone over.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The only reason he's getting more hype than usual is he started loving Nicki and mainstream rap is dry right now. Never heard him mentioned any where near the top rappers.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

gohmak posted:

OB is from Hamilton. I went to school with him. Can't say anything else though :tinfoil:

----

So when is Pusha T's new album coming out?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Housh posted:

So when is Pusha T's new album coming out?

lmao not in the next 2 years i'd say. the delays for MNIMN were ridiculous.

new gunplay album is ok. No meek feature though :'(

also

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Lmao

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

q. millers' verse was the best part meek's diss track, humiliating.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

they're about to savage this dude on the breakfast club since this has somehow also revived the hot 97 power 105 beef

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Apparently everyone really thought drake was spending them safe house nights out in Calabasas

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
running through the six like a commode.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Can someone explain the Jordan crying meme?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

It's Jordan, crying. As a meme

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

lol charlamagne went in

http://www.power1051fm.com/media/play/donkey-of-the-day-meek-mill-26239974/

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

alansmithee posted:

What does getting roughed up by p diddy have to do with anything lmao, p diddy would beat your bitch rear end. Goddamn, "Meek 10x the rapper Drake is".

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Drake wrote his diss which is 10x better than Meek's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Drake is a better rapper, better entertainer, has better music, has more sales, more presence and a bigger following

Meek is uhh I guess more 'street' and less uhh duurrr 'soft'?? Lol