Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

I take it back. You are now: "the use of an apostrophe to denote a plural"

I am a grammar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
If I sign up for Asiina's game will someone create a cool role for me?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Also, hi everyone!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Also, also, it was my birthday the other day.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Also, hi everyone!

Hello!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I need another replacement for This is Complete Bullshit. It's becoming something of a habit.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mithross posted:

I need another replacement for This is Complete Bullshit. It's becoming something of a habit.

And it's bullshit!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

TMMadman posted:

And it's bullshit!

Good, I was hoping someone would say it.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Magnus Gallant posted:

I am a grammar

You are "imperial measurements in technical papers", while not technically incorrect, you are a product of a bygone era and it makes you unintelligible 99℅ of the time. You are lovingly irritating the other 1% of the time.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Happy bday. Hey when did you mention you were going to be in Syd? I forget

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

You are "imperial measurements in technical papers", while not technically incorrect, you are a product of a bygone era and it makes you unintelligible 99℅ of the time. You are lovingly irritating the other 1% of the time.

<3 you busb

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mithross posted:

Good, I was hoping someone would say it.

I got your back, Jack! :hfive:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

busb posted:

Happy bday. Hey when did you mention you were going to be in Syd? I forget

October, Labour Day long weekend.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

If I sign up for Asiina's game will someone create a cool role for me?

Just pick any role, I'm sure it'll be cool.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

fiery_valkyrie posted:

October, Labour Day long weekend.

Oh that's ages away I will forget again before then.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

busb posted:

Accurate.

Quote this post and I will tell you what piece of grammar or punctuation you are from this report I'm editing that is used incorrectly.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

You are "ellipsis with random number of fullstops". You are basically so lazy and careless that whenever you want to indicate something continues to go on, you just mash the fullstop key anywhere between 1 and 6 times, but never the correct 3 times without spaces in between. You are also a oval office because you blend into the text a lot, especially when in italics.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Seriously though, someone replace in to This is Complete Bullshit. It's a fun game with fun people, and it's still early d2.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Sign me up

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Thanks!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The discussion for my music and culture class this week was "6 pieces of music that shaped me", I'm gonna post my response and if you guys wanna do it too then you can, it's a nice change from buzzfeeds

Yothu Yindi - Treaty

This is the first song I can remember to make me notice that music was a thing. One of my first memories was singing along with mum in the car and as a white kid living on the coast surrounded by other white kids it was my first exposure to aboriginal music and culture.

Beethoven - Symphony No. 9: Ode To Joy

My introduction to classical music when I was a teenager. This song is the reason I frequently tune into ABC Classic FM when I am feeling stressed out. It has been hailed as the greatest piece of music ever written and I would find it hard to argue against that.

Dave Dobbyn & The Herbs - Slice of Heaven

My cousin and I were massive Footrot Flats kids and this is the song at the end of the Footrot Flats movie 'The Dog's Tale'. It makes me remember a lot of the good parts of summer growing up. This will always be my favorite song.

Millencolin - Life on a plate (yes, the full album)

This was my introduction to punk, I bought it on a whim after seeing on of my "cooler" classmates bring it to class in year 6. Those catchy skate punk melodies had me hooked instantly. I listened to this every morning before school in the first year of high school. I still love that it is optimistic yet melancholy but incredibly earnest in it's delivery.

Bomb the Music Industry! - You Still Believe In Me

This is the band I think that has defined my twenties. I chose this song because it was the first BTMI song I ever heard and remember thinking "what the hell is this?" but the band grabbed a hold of me and I fell in love with them, they haven't made a single song I don't love and a lot of their songs are very important to me. BTMI showed me you don't have to achieve perfection to make something beautiful , you can find beauty in mess, noise and imperfection as long as you try your best and believe in what you are doing.

There is a documentary about the band coming out later this year called Never Get Tired made after they called time out after 10 years as a band in 2014.

The Smith Street Band - Don't gently caress With Our Dreams

The band that made me fall in love with live gigs, every Smith Street Band show is filled with a massive amount of love and energy. Singing Don't gently caress With Our Dreams with hundreds of other people while having your arms around total strangers in a sort of strange group hug and then getting kicked in the face by stage divers is a hell of an experience.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If I think about music that changed my life, I feel like I'm being melodramatic. Like saying that listening to Led Zeppelin IV for the first time stopped me from committing suicide - because drat it, I was going to listen to this lauded album before I offed myself and then didn't get around to actually doing it. Sounds weird because I probably wouldn't have gone through with it anyway.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
'shaped you' is also a broad term that could also map out how your taste in music has changed over your life

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Also applies since it started me actually seeking out dad rock.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Mar 27, 2020

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
narrow window buzzfeed - quote my post with a story involving plane travel and I will tell you who you are at the airport right now. closes in 30 minutes when my plane takes off and reopens for my hour layover in the morning.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

narrow window buzzfeed - quote my post with a story involving plane travel and I will tell you who you are at the airport right now. closes in 30 minutes when my plane takes off and reopens for my hour layover in the morning.

When I was 12 or 13, I went to LA with my mother to go see Disney Land, and my carry on consisted of about 60lbs of assorted books, for a week long trip.

It weighed as much as all the rest of my luggage, and all of my brother's, combined.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

In high school we went on a trip to Europe which involved an overnight flight. There were about 100 of us so we were most of the passengers on this plane. They had randomly assigned us our seats but being cliquey teenagers the very second the seatbelt sign went off we all got up and moved around. Our chaperones and the flight attendants were very annoyed with us, especially since people had special meals but nobody was in their assigned seats. I feel bad for the non-us passengers on that flight. It was my first time flying and I was nervous but a friend who was sitting behind me shook my chair and made jokes about how we would crash, which made me laugh and feel better. It wasn't a terrible way to spend 8 hours.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Mine too! What day?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

EccoRaven posted:

In on round 2. When I went to Israel on Birthright our seats were scattered all over the plane so I wasn't sitting near anyone from my trip, or even anyone my age. I was in the middle section, on the aisle. There was a huge fat woman next to me so I was half in the aisle the whole time and kept getting bumped by people and flight attendants and carts. Also it was hot as gently caress and my tiny air conditioning pointer did not help. Worst 10 hours of my life.

Israel was great though.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ecco you should get a Nexus 6 I love mine it is p great.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

busb posted:

Accurate.

Quote this post and I will tell you what piece of grammar or punctuation you are from this report I'm editing that is used incorrectly.

hi

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

fiery_valkyrie posted:

happy birthday f_v!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

I ended up visiting a friend in York a few weeks before going to Paris for my study abroad program in 2009. This meant that I flew across the Atlantic on Air India (wonderful food and service) only to land in Brussels, for what would turn out to be a 12 hour layover. I've never been very comfortable falling asleep in airports, or any sort of transportation hub for that matter, due to simple paranoia of missing my flight or theft, and I never sleep on planes because I'm too excited to fly and/or travel. So I ended staying awake for about 36-40 hours while on my way to York. In the Brussels airport I used the only euro I had to by a double expresso, the first in my life, and in my waking sleep state I managed to count nearly all the ceiling tiles, though I've since forgotten the total.

When I finally got to York I was super happy to find out that the foreign passport line was much shorter than the EU passport line, but I ended up being the last person staying since I decided to help the many Pakistani travelers fill out the paperwork required of us and seeing as so many didn't speak, read, or write in English I took the time to help them flip through their passports and travel papers to help them fill out the appropriate stuff.

All that and my luggage ended up staying on my original flight and went to India. It reached me 3 days later.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

also busb I just realized that you have a ridiculous dangling modifier in the post we all quoted. In context, it's very funny.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Ecco you should get a Nexus 6 I love mine it is p great.

is it too big? whenever I see it I think it's too big. I like to use my phone with one hand most of the time, though.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Definitely not too big. It's hard to type with one hand but you can navigate and everything fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Exakt please check your PMs tia