Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Razzled posted:

I'm rewatching the original series on netflix. What do I watch after that to prepare for adventure tri. ?

Watch Frontier with me and suffer!

It might actually motivate me to do trip reports with something resembling frequency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

gently caress all that just watch digimon: the movie because it's the best goddamn dub ever.

Thank you for visiting meow dot com

This is the truth, though stop watching immediately once it stops being basically-summer wars.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
02 is actually in the upper middle of my list of amusingly bad watches. the dub cracks jokes so often I enjoyed it all the way through.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Watch everything and form your own opinion.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

mateo360 posted:

Watch everything and form your own opinion.

Except Frontier. Take our opinion for it, it's bad and not worth watching.

KoB
May 1, 2009

nehezir posted:

it's on the vita so I'll never play it.

You can frequently get a Vita TV for like 30-40 bucks.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

KoB posted:

Yeah, but a lot of Vita games don't work on Vita TV for random reasons.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

I almost want to buy a Vita, except this will never get localized and there's no reason to dream :smith:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I almost want to buy a Vita, except this will never get localized and there's no reason to dream :smith:

If you double dip on Cyber Sleuth, it wont be a dream

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

If you double dip on Cyber Sleuth, it wont be a dream

triple dip most likely.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

dis astranagant posted:

Yeah, but a lot of Vita games don't work on Vita TV for random reasons.

Mostly that the Dualshock 3&4's don't have a touchscreen or rear touchpad :v:.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Torrannor posted:

Adventure 02 was worse than Adventure and Tamers, but it was still good fun. Don't listen to the haters.

It's better than Frontier, but it still has a lot of issues, especially in the latter half where it seems like the writers had no idea where to go.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

KoB posted:

I'm not purchasing a new version of a garbage handheld.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
For those interested, Another Person and mikeycp are doing a Let's Play of Digimon World Re:Digitize on the LP sub forum right now. Its pretty cool so I figured I'd plug it here.

Check it out.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Stolen from the Vita thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtn9i3S6Mkk

Could it be? Analogman's returns?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Holy poo poo

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Okay Matt stop sitting on the BAD GUY'S SPEAR

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I love their faces, they look slightly pissed, like this punk's attack to destroy what they stand for came up when Matt was gonna go on a date or Tai's soccer game. Also the art is amazingly gorgeous.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

That's so going onto my phone, right next to my butterfly ringtone

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The DVD/Blu-Ray for it is out on the 18th of December by the way. Also, happy Odaiba Memorial day (in Japan time)!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The movie's runtime seems to be 80 minutes, so assuming all six movies have the same runtime we're looking at 480 minutes worth of digimon, aka 20 episodes worth.

Also the guy that did the first digimon manga has something coming out but it won't be revealed 'till the 21st

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

New PV in kinda lovely quality!

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Youtube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIGcjZ2nxbI

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending

Burkion posted:

Okay Matt stop sitting on the BAD GUY'S SPEAR

Its innuendo

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So I think we can all agree that Greymon VS Kuwagamon is the best thing ever and leave it at that

Also I find it hilarious that even THIS FAR IN we've still gotten zero proof season 2 happened. I swear to God if TK and Kairi have their season 1 Digivices I will be the happiest nerdling alive

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Wasn't Joe starting college in 02 anyway? I get the feelung this takes place in between.

Edit: Nevermind. Apparently they're only 3 years apart. Must havw been a mistranslation. I bet it was originally cram school.

nehezir fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Aug 1, 2015

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Yeah don't try to think about the age/maturity level of any of the characters. It'll just make your head hurt. Or time in general.

Especially in season 2, where high schoolers are basically adults.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

nehezir posted:

Wasn't Joe starting college in 02 anyway? I get the feelung this takes place in between.

Edit: Nevermind. Apparently they're only 3 years apart. Must havw been a mistranslation. I bet it was originally cram school.

Very possibly.

Look I've hated season 2 since I was a literal child, so the prospect that the franchise has tossed it out the window makes me biasedly happy.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

I always had fun with 02. Its an amusingly bad show because of the dub changes.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Burkion posted:

So I think we can all agree that Greymon VS Kuwagamon is the best thing ever and leave it at that
That animation is really really good.

nehezir posted:

He was getting ready for his high school entrance exams, I think, which takes up most of a year in Japan.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The book in Tai's room says "One Vision volume 2", which is the theme for Matrix Evolution in Tamers, the first "volume" of it going from Champion to Ultimate and the "volume 2" would thus refer to when the kids and the digimon combined for the Mega stage. :stare:

...or i'm looking way too deeply into it and it's just a reference to a song someone in production really liked.

Animation looks awesome as hell, can't wait to see this thing.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

That animation is really really good.

He was getting ready for his high school entrance exams, I think, which takes up most of a year in Japan.
Makes sense, he was a pretty huge 14 year old vy then.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Is any other latin american listening to the new Butter-fly and singing over it with our dub lyrics? That last On My Love/Digimon feels so good to sing, specially if you repeat Digimon over and over to the last beats.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Exclusive image of the Gokaiger gaiden to come out soon, where they search for the Ultimate Power of the Digimon.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Is any other latin american listening to the new Butter-fly and singing over it with our dub lyrics? That last On My Love/Digimon feels so good to sing, specially if you repeat Digimon over and over to the last beats.

I didn't think of this, I should try it out.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Exclusive image of the Gokaiger gaiden to come out soon, where they search for the Ultimate Power of the Digimon.

:lol: @ the 02 kids shoved off to the side of the banner and like a quarter the size of the Tri portion.

That's like the most passive aggressive way to go about that. Unless they also have the cast from other seasons on the banner too and they just sort of had to include 02 because it is still a thing that exists in the real world.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

nine-gear crow posted:

:lol: @ the 02 kids shoved off to the side of the banner and like a quarter the size of the Tri portion.

That's like the most passive aggressive way to go about that. Unless they also have the cast from other seasons on the banner too and they just sort of had to include 02 because it is still a thing that exists in the real world.

I kind of have to think that it's the latter, if only because that's old promo art for Davis and Veemon, and Season 2's KAIRI is on there as well, despite her being part of the Tri group shot.

If it's the former then it's just hilarious

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm sorry to ruin your fun, but both Adventure series get the same treatment.

Also 02 is getting a blu-ray release, and the Fes had a statue of Taichi alongside Daisuke, so 02 is still very clearly a thing. It won't be suddenly retconned away, it will just be quietly ignored.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm sorry to ruin your fun, but both Adventure series get the same treatment.

Also 02 is getting a blu-ray release, and the Fes had a statue of Taichi alongside Daisuke, so 02 is still very clearly a thing. It won't be suddenly retconned away, it will just be quietly ignored.

I'll gladly take it!

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
DAISUKE HAD TO GO. HIS PLANET NEEDED HIM

NOTE: DAISUKE DIED ON THE WAY BACK TO HIS HOME PLANET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
It'll be interesting to see how they explain the 02 cast not getting involved in Tri, at least initially