Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Wouldn't want to dilute the brand identity with a treatment of possibly the most iconic game in the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Anonymous Robot posted:

Wouldn't want to dilute the brand identity with a treatment of possibly the most iconic game in the series.

Nah, that sounds like a dumb idea for babies. Stay strong Capcom :911:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I really want to see more new games rather than an RE2 remake. RE2 is pretty much perfect as things stand.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
That's the most I've seen "brands" used unironically in a single block of text, what the heck.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

RE2 remake NOW.

e: actually I want one for 3. Nemmy in HD with fiendish new bullshit to wade through please.

e2: that, or make Mr. X actually act like Nemesis

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

capcom probably seeing how much attention that fanmade remake got. personally im fine with this but yeah I'd also like to see new games....although only if they have a better budget than the ugly poo poo we got with REV2, even if people liked it overall

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Lamprey Cannon posted:

This just popped up on the Facebook Resident Evil page.

This is setting off my MegaMan Legends 3 related PTSD.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
We don't want to dilute the brand identity *makes re6 the most boring banal mass audience appeal game ever*

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
After playing everything after RE2, I'd be totally fine if the wanted to remake it. As long as it wasn't some half assed poo poo. It's gotta be similar quality to the GC REmake.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
If they're going to remake RE2 it'd be cool if they did a Raccoon City game, where all the scenarios (Leon, Claire, Jill, Hunk) are playable.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Lamprey Cannon posted:

This just popped up on the Facebook Resident Evil page.

Since been updated with another post seemingly indicating this may finally be happening. I don't really care which way they do it, I guess traditional would be best because it couldn't possibly be faithful with the modern style. The only good thing about it not being done until now is they cant just take the 2002 version and repolish and repackage it like RE1. They better not just be loving around with us.

There is an independent group called Invader games, I believe they are Italian, they are already working on a remake and you can try the alpha, its worth a look.

I used to have a FF lid cover on my old PS, "commemorating the playstation chapter of the FF saga" I peeled it off and stuck it on my desk when I sold it. Its still there at my parents place.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Full Battle Rattle posted:

If they're going to remake RE2 it'd be cool if they did a Raccoon City game, where all the scenarios (Leon, Claire, Jill, Hunk) are playable.

This would be loving cool. Retcon the poo poo out of things to make it all work together. Kill like 200 birds with one stone.

I've said it way too many times already, but if they'd just make a game that was a longer version of Leon's 1st chapter from RE6, I'd be real happy. Hell, just stretch out chapter one and call it a Resident Evil 2 remake. Boom. Done.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

capcom lately has been getting back to "what works" i.e. re releasing DMC with better upgrades as well as the souped up DMC4. between that, putting out a fairly decent RE digital episodic thing, and the REmake in January, they seem like they're on the right track. even if that track is just "loving remake everything" which I'm fine with because it could lead to the new games being as good as the old ones.

I'd actually really like a REmake2 with a similar revamp like that fan made thing that's out right now, though I'm sure even more people would rather they preserved the old style for it.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I'd love a co-op style RE2 game in the vein of Leon's campaign from RE6, but I'm one of the few who doesn't care much about the "horror" aspect and more about the fun aspect. RE6 was a blast to actually play, despite its issues.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

MinibarMatchman posted:

capcom lately has been getting back to "what works" i.e. re releasing DMC with better upgrades as well as the souped up DMC4. between that, putting out a fairly decent RE digital episodic thing, and the REmake in January, they seem like they're on the right track. even if that track is just "loving remake everything" which I'm fine with because it could lead to the new games being as good as the old ones.

I'd actually really like a REmake2 with a similar revamp like that fan made thing that's out right now, though I'm sure even more people would rather they preserved the old style for it.

I heard the DMC4 HD remake was kind of a trainwreck on launch, have they patched it since? Capcom's PC releases lately have been coming out pretty hosed up but usually they get patched after a couple weeks. Rev2 had a bit of a longer wait due to the episodic release I think.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
RE2 HD with the love that REmake got (and the graphics that RE0 HD has) would be so amazing. Make us fear the lickers once more.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Levantine posted:

I'd love a co-op style RE2 game in the vein of Leon's campaign from RE6, but I'm one of the few who doesn't care much about the "horror" aspect and more about the fun aspect. RE6 was a blast to actually play, despite its issues.

Agreed. The game definitely had its issues, and lots of parts that were just plain bad, but it could occassionally be pretty drat fun. I loved almost all of Tall Oaks and the Cathedral. Most of Chris's campaign felt.... honestly pretty horribly un-RE-ish, but still fun despite itself.

Jake's campaign was just a little too silly and Hollywood-action-movie for my liking, but still had its moments.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It was a lost opportunity that there was no QTE to make Jake suplex that tank.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Was anyone else completely thrown off by how Claire in Rev2 looks literally nothing like she did in previous games? I mean Chris and Jill before and after RE5 did too but this is even more jarring to me for some reason.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jul 31, 2015

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Basticle posted:

Was anyone else completely thrown off by how Claire in Rev2 looks literally nothing like she did in previous games? I mean Chris and Jill before and after RE5 did too but this is even more jarring to me for some reason.

I'm not sure I see what you mean

vs.

Like, she looks exactly how you'd expect somebody to look, after aging twenty years. Or do you mean that she's not wearing the same pink leather biker jacket and booty shorts that she used to?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Yeah, I kinda like that Claire looks like somebody's mom now.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Claire is badass in every game she's in and that includes Rev 2, which is a cool and good game with a cool and good design for Claire, the best female RE protagonist.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Geight posted:

I heard the DMC4 HD remake was kind of a trainwreck on launch, have they patched it since? Capcom's PC releases lately have been coming out pretty hosed up but usually they get patched after a couple weeks. Rev2 had a bit of a longer wait due to the episodic release I think.

DMC4HD, you mean DMC4 SE or the base, PC game? Because SE runs without a hitch and had no issues.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

man nurse posted:

Claire is badass in every game she's in and that includes Rev 2, which is a cool and good game with a cool and good design for Claire, the best female RE protagonist.

This dude knows what the gently caress is up.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Speedball posted:

She just looks as if she's so sick of this poo poo, I love it.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
She definitely looks different from what she did in that RE animated movie

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

blackguy32 posted:

She definitely looks different from what she did in that RE animated movie

She recovered from whatever allergic reaction she was having in that movie.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Speedball posted:

She is like the only older character in the series who actually looks their age. It's depressing seeing the design get poo poo from a lot of places for actually having an older character look the age that they are.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

She is like the only older character in the series who actually looks their age. It's depressing seeing the design get poo poo from a lot of places for actually having an older character look the age that they are.

Barry looks like a 50+ year old dude who uses Just for Men, so that seems pretty accurate.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Alyson Court or no deal :colbert:

this is in regards to a REmake 2, the lady who voiced Claire for REv2 was great but for a younger Claire Alyson's voice always worked well

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
so i guess it is happening??????

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

abagofcheetos posted:

so i guess it is happening??????

Stop it. If this is a fake, I'll be very disappoint. :saddowns:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I can only play the classic RE games with the new control scheme they made for REmake HD, so I approve of RE2make.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

RE2 was always my fave, especially due to the awesome "zap" mechanic of Part A affecting Part B for the next character. Also Mr. X was scary as poo poo. Can't even imagine how much more incredible poo poo we'd get for a completely remastered and rebuilt RE2. HD Tofu.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
I still remember almost making GBS threads myself when picking up the cogwheel or whatever in scenario B because it was such a random jumpscare.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Huh. So I picked up REs on this weeks PSN sale. I played it as a kid, but I always played in hard because I was HARDCORE when I was 10, so I never really tried out Easy mode.

Uh, when they say Easy mode, they really mean it, don't they? An Assault Rifle with two mags, a shotgun with like 40 rounds, a magnum with 24, a pistol with around 260 bullets, I run into green herbs like every 30 seconds, the 3 Healthspray container, and maximum item slots from the start.

As interesting as it might be to run through the game killing everything effortlessly, I may restart on Hard mode just so I don't fall asleep killing Nemesis every time he shows up.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

You'll regret those words during a certain boss fight with him.
I'd fall asleep during that boss fight because the fight itself is so bullshit that it makes you realize RE3 isn't a very well thought out game so you turn it off and go to bed.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
The funny thing is, it makes total sense why Jill has such a ridiculous armoury at the start of that game. There's no way you'd willingly walk out into zombie armageddon with only a pistol and like 20 bullets.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Especially knowing what she knows about Umbrella, and how close at hand they are. Honestly, I always kind of thought Easy mode was more realistic in that regard. Of course someone who survived the Spencer Mansion is going to have a loving arsenal within arm's reach at all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I assumed Jill was caught off-guard which is why she is dressed like she was going for a night on the town.