Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

ive got all next week off work which is pretty sweet

but my contract runs out on friday and no one has even mentioned renewing it so ill probably be unemployed by the weekend lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
oscar isaacs head is a weird shape

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Vitamins posted:

but my contract runs out on friday and no one has even mentioned renewing it so ill probably be unemployed by the weekend lmao

that means you will be off next week

and every subsequent week

torque is real dumb and kind of great

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Party Boat posted:

that means you will be off next week

and every subsequent week

hmmm not so bad then!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the non-underground bits of the house in this film are fully sick and i want to live there. shame its a set

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
It looks like all the best posters in this thread had lasagne for tea tonight.

Yes, I had lasagna

Fluo
May 25, 2007

*tibs bedora*

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

you'd think someone building a robot for sex would give it big tits

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The Big Taff Man posted:

Yes, I had lasagna
did you make it yourself

i used lamb mince and marinated it in red wine but used too much and now im sleepy

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

well i only have 1 real complaint about that film but it was real good otherwise

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

The Big Taff Man posted:

Yes, I had lasagna

Moussaka is much better.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Jose posted:

well i only have 1 real complaint about that film but it was real good otherwise

i didn't think much of it. disappointed with it considering my enjoyment of alex garlands stuff

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

mousakka can suck a fuckin dick

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ratjaculation posted:

i didn't think much of it. disappointed with it considering my enjoyment of alex garlands stuff

i thought it was good just the ending either its read that he never created AI and just what he thought what it was or that the film just ignored that as inherently lovely as humans are they forgot compassion/empathy just to get that ending but the film was set up to make you think it was real AI.

also i'm sure i recognised the song in the climactic scene and i can't find it named anywhere

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Jose posted:

i thought it was good just the ending either its read that he never created AI and just what he thought what it was or that the film just ignored that as inherently lovely as humans are they forgot compassion/empathy just to get that ending but the film was set up to make you think it was real AI.

also i'm sure i recognised the song in the climactic scene and i can't find it named anywhere

it wasn't terrible, but i think maybe it wasn't for me. will rewatch it one day and see.

shazam/siri the song?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

mousakka can suck a fuckin dick

didn't know Scar had an account

e: nvm, dyslexia

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I regret getting take away noodles and not making lasagne now. I love lasagne.

I've got work all weekend now and I don't want to do it. Someone please do my job for me instead ta.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
London is pretty good I went to see the Harry Potter thing and my god the hogwarts recreation. Also Hagrid's robot head.

I have a day to wander about town properly, I've been the the selfridges and bought some biltong so my aims are done. What do I do now

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Go to a museun

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
wear funny police hat!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i just bought 3.8kg of meat to make into stew and curry this weekend :getin:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

does anyone believe those lidl adverts? i think those people are paid actors

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

hemale in pain posted:

does anyone believe those lidl adverts? i think those people are paid actors

which ones? they show different ads in different regions. the ones here go on about how local everything is and how proud they are to serve northern ireland :laugh:

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Jose posted:

That was my thought too, the whole thing was really good but marred by the ending

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

screamname posted:

Hahaha. The only place to go when you were off your face and everywhere else closed. Better than the so called nightclubs.

I remember when you'd rock up and someone's grandma was still in the corner from their 18th birthday party. As they allowed public in after 11pm

Good place for cheap drinks, free prawn crackers and for anybody who was enjoying extra curricular activities. If you catch my drift

I can't deny I had many a good night in there, dancing to terrible terrible music.

Me and my mate got thrown out of the willow for poking all of the ceiling tiles out of place.

The duchess is good these days. I'll miss fibbers.

I'm back home in York in two weeks. Looking forward to seeing how none of it has changed in the ten years since I moved out.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Guys I'm on the Isle of Wight and no one understands my dulcet northern tones.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

What times did you guys get in your park runs? I got stayed in bed like a sane person

My new job has a pretty decent canteen, gonna get fat

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Vitamins posted:

They've probably just forgotten. My 3 month contract's lasted a year so far.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

CancerCakes posted:

What times did you guys get in your park runs? I got stayed in bed like a sane person

Time isnt up yet but about 23.20 i think.

There were some definite nipple greasers there.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Bobby Deluxe posted:

did you make it yourself

i used lamb mince and marinated it in red wine but used too much and now im sleepy

the missis made it and it was beef mince. She makes a good lasagne, she made one last week and it was with turkey mince and it was horrible

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
+1 to the lasagna making club

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

CancerCakes posted:

Idk, I did an extra mile before, and then 2 miles after. I was trying to stay on what my hoped for half marathon pace will be, which is 5:42, I was a few seconds behind tho, I think 5:46ish.

Parkrun time will probably be somewhere around 28 mins

DrWrestling69 posted:

Time isnt up yet but about 23.20 i think.

There were some definite nipple greasers there.

nice. my nipples were greased

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

lasagne has that magical ability to stay hot forever and burn your mouth on the first bite no matter how long you leave it to cool

prehistoric mammoth lasagne? gently caress you too hot

they're the savoury version of mcdonalds apple pies

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Bobby Deluxe posted:

:britain:the players::britain:

pedricko: sells saussies at markets across europe and is the current thread mvp (has never been stairsed in public)

the big taff man: rugby footie guy, he keeps a notebook on all posters (getting married soon despite being a ginger)

fluo: brews beers which he cums in (major face / heel heat with taff currently)

bozza: trains (like thomas not like arnie), in a good marching band

party boat: northern, mysterious

jose: northern, less mysterious, loves meat

fraction: kills dogs and dates older women, just got a new job so yay

down jacket fetish: classic bants, loves a cheeky nandos

phoon: old man

gnarlyhotep: kills thread every few hundred pages but is a decent fellow otherwise

mfcrocker: kills goons and buries them under a patio

ratjaculation: imagines how good people are at smash bros

vitamins: same av as me so problematic

uncleblazer: has seen taff on the toilet

feedmegin: no av, does not post enough

pistol_pete: previous op he took us places we never thought we would go

drwrestling: i cant remember, occasional poster (will update as knowledge is gleaned)

bobby deluxes fat mam: i am not happy about this trope but what the hey, taff is payin the bills

me: weather wizard but a lot of my sacrifices have failed recently so dont blame me

if i left anyone out please tell me so i may update my records

pro thread notes:

previous thread for reference

:siren: do not give out personal details :siren: someone is killing goons and burying them under his/her patio!!!

our current leader is david cameron who is a human shaped robot incapable of love

we as a nation currently hate immigrants, the unemployed and disableds, but we are strangely ok with the gays right now

a bap and a bun and a cob are mostly the same thing but a stottie is not (its much bigger)

best monster munch = pickled onion (flaming hot in close second, roast beef no)

thread game: rocket league on ps4

lots of us grease up our nipples and run around the park and are happy to answer questions about it!

americans are welcome to post about the uk but just remember you did not win the war for us christopher lee did

here is the uk:

lmao what human being poo poo is this

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's u

someone asked me where the nearest nandos was yesterday. evidently they sensed my affinity for cheekiness

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

crispix posted:

which ones? they show different ads in different regions. the ones here go on about how local everything is and how proud they are to serve northern ireland :laugh:

they have these ads were they serve people food and say "this is x brand" but then go "NO ACTUALLY ITS LIDL YOU MORON" and everyone laughs and acts surprised instead of angry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SuCpZ2CPao

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

gently caress the ROW posted:

lmao what human being poo poo is this
i know im not even in it qq

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

hemale in pain posted:

they have these ads were they serve people food and say "this is x brand" but then go "NO ACTUALLY ITS LIDL YOU MORON" and everyone laughs and acts surprised instead of angry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SuCpZ2CPao

ah, you must live in a posh place. NI has mostly skint people so their tactic here is the now worn out to all gently caress play on local pride. every multinational supermarket seems to do it: pretend to be a good, honest local shop with local things for local people by doing ads in hammed up regional accents and assume people will be naive/thick enough to appreciate that poo poo. i call it the Coohoolin Phenomenon :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

The Big Taff Man posted:

the missis made it and it was beef mince. She makes a good lasagne, she made one last week and it was with turkey mince and it was horrible

Turkey mince is poo poo. Lamb mince owns. Beef is in the middle.