Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Sounds good on this end, but now I really want to hear a schmoyoho WHM tune

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

After about ten episodes you start to think Al-Qaeda had a point.

That's harsh as gently caress but :wow: can you elaborate?

My favorite episode in the backlog is probably Planet of the Apes. The Mark Wahlberg/Tim Burton dialogue gets me each time. I definitely need to phone in Cool World, one of my favorites.

Armani fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jul 30, 2015

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Sounded fine to me. I was streaming from the default iPhone podcast app - I wonder if that made a difference?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Armani posted:

That's harsh as gently caress but :wow: can you elaborate?

It's just so twee. Have you ever heard the podcast about Batman: The Animated Series? It's exactly like that. It's way too precious for me.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
It's sort of a low key episode but after listening to it again I feel like The Pallbearer might be in the top 5 funniest episodes of the entire podcast. Cloudy was consistently hilarious, Schwimmer being a massive awful creep was great and just the general skewering of the worst sort of early 00's late 90's american independent film was wonderful.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

OldTennisCourt posted:

It's sort of a low key episode but after listening to it again I feel like The Pallbearer might be in the top 5 funniest episodes of the entire podcast. Cloudy was consistently hilarious, Schwimmer being a massive awful creep was great and just the general skewering of the worst sort of early 00's late 90's american independent film was wonderful.

I prefer Free Enterprise as that kind of thing because it's the exact kind of movie I despise. It's the closest they'll get to doing Tomcats.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

After relistening to 200 to see if it was the one with Eric casting a Hemsworth as himself (it was), I went and listened to what Cabin said was his favorite episode (I think), Babycakes. Apparently I had skipped over that one before, and it was pretty great.

I'll always have a soft spot for the Foodfight episode, since after watching that... thing I searched Stitcher for podcasts that talked about it and that's how I found WHM.

e: And yeah, Pallbearer is definitely top 5 I'd say.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

DoombatINC posted:

Sounds good on this end, but now I really want to hear a schmoyoho WHM tune

There's definitely issues on Andrew's mic. Listen to him say "funnaaaay" around 10:30.

BlameSpacePod
Feb 24, 2015

weekly font posted:

There's definitely issues on Andrew's mic. Listen to him say "funnaaaay" around 10:30.

There's no auto-tune. Anyone having issues, I suggest getting your devices checked out.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

weekly font posted:

Another vote for "sounded fine". I listened to it on the app.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

BlameSpacePod posted:

There's no auto-tune. Anyone having issues, I suggest getting your devices checked out.

Andrew sounds a bit different than normal, a few times I wondered if a guest was there, but that's obv due to different acoustics and mics. Sounded fine and dandy on laptop speakers.

Enjoy your summer break!

Bolek
May 1, 2003

It's not by any stretch unlistenable but its bizarre to me that people cant hear it. It's not the device BTW. That makes no sense.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Certain media players don't like certain encodings, I've run into that before. Alcohollywood episodes would stutter and eventually stop producing audio on my old burner Android phone. Only Alcohollywood episodes, only that phone.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Like i said, it's fine, not a huge deal, but it ain't the player I checked on the ipod and from my computer on their site. Encoding doesn't even make sense because, like previously said, it's just one of the guys. Just one input track. Not the whole file. It's there.

100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS
I noticed it too, sounded like Andrew was going to burst into tears a few times with the warbling, but it definitely didn't prevent me from enjoying the episode.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
After re-listening to the episode I do notice it now, but it's really not something that ruins the episode at all.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Listened to the Green Lantern live episode with headphones yesterday and didn't notice anything wrong with the audio at all.

Battle Rockers
Aug 3, 2008

i wanna witness ur slit
I'm going to try a direct stream from their site.

Ugh, I still notice it.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

Battle Rockers posted:

I'm going to try a direct stream from their site.

Ugh, I still notice it.

Weird, streaming from the site fixed it for me.

A little slow to start going but once it did with the "cat diarrhea" Paralax, the ineffectiveness of the Lantern guys (why are you in a space ship, your ring goes faster) and Hal Jordan's total dickness in this thing made me laugh.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Everyone call in and suggest every gloriously lovely movie that Roddy Piper starred in. :colbert: Aside from the obvious "They Live" of course. I'm gonna suggest Sci-Fighters, Hell comes to Frogtown, and Jungleground.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Jiro posted:

Everyone call in and suggest every gloriously lovely movie that Roddy Piper starred in. :colbert: Aside from the obvious "They Live" of course. I'm gonna suggest Sci-Fighters, Hell comes to Frogtown, and Jungleground.

I was planning on calling in about Hell Comes To Frogtown earlier but now I'm not so sure. It's not quite the same but it's like requesting a Robin Williams or Paul Walker movie. Tougher to do now. Or maybe it isn't. #donotworryaboutpaulwalker

Either way everyone should watch Hell Comes to Frogtown. "Youuuu have aroused the three snakes!!"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Croisquessein posted:

A little slow to start going but once it did with the "cat diarrhea" Paralax, the ineffectiveness of the Lantern guys (why are you in a space ship, your ring goes faster) and Hal Jordan's total dickness in this thing made me laugh.

Believe it or not, but it took like 15 years for someone to actually address that question.

Speaking of which, I was expecting a lot more :goonsay: from Chris on how much stuff they screwed up from the comics.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I was planning on calling in about Hell Comes To Frogtown earlier but now I'm not so sure. It's not quite the same but it's like requesting a Robin Williams or Paul Walker movie. Tougher to do now. Or maybe it isn't. #donotworryaboutpaulwalker

Either way everyone should watch Hell Comes to Frogtown. "Youuuu have aroused the three snakes!!"

Walker and Robin went kinda traumatically. Piper was steeped in schlock and he knew it and breathed it in to just throw it back at you. Piper also went in his sleep was livin life and had beaten cancer was making fun of Austin with a really good ep. :smith: I just think it be a nice tribute cause he seemed like the kinda poo poo talker that the podcast would admire especially Steve. Plus it would also buck the trend of them making fun of a guy two weeks before they died like with Robin Williams and Paul Walker.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
Just called in Windows, which is definitely the most horrible legitimate movie I've ever seen. If they play my call on the air you'll see that I sound particularly nervous and horrible. BTW calling the hotline internationally only works from the Skype ap, not the Skype for web beta thing so if you're an international caller, don't try and do Skype for web.

Do you think the gang mind if you call in more than once? There's more than one movie I'd like them to cover, but they did tweet that the one I called in last year was a Stay Tuned. So maybe there's not much point calling it in again because it's already on their radar.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Call it in! Your call may prompt them to actually do it and you'll get to take all the credit.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

There must be like a couple dozen "Stay Tuned" movies at this point, probably wouldn't hurt to remind them.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Send us your drawing of this turtle or Kiefer Sutherland and a check for five dollars and we will evaluate your art.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

The Duke posted:

There must be like a couple dozen "Stay Tuned" movies at this point, probably wouldn't hurt to remind them.

If anyone is curious the WHM subreddit has a huge list of all the stay tuneds, i think it's got most of them: http://www.reddit.com/r/WeHateMovies/wiki/reviewed

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Squallege posted:

Send us your drawing of this turtle or Kiefer Sutherland and a check for five dollars and we will evaluate your art.

??????

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Ror posted:

If anyone is curious the WHM subreddit has a huge list of all the stay tuneds, i think it's got most of them: http://www.reddit.com/r/WeHateMovies/wiki/reviewed

Haha, mine is the first one posted to Twitter. I might be the only one pushing that movie, but I'm pushing it HARD.

Edit: called it in.

Infamous Sphere fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Aug 3, 2015

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

It's just so twee. Have you ever heard the podcast about Batman: The Animated Series? It's exactly like that. It's way too precious for me.

Hahaha, no I have not. I was just taken aback by the comment. I'll give it (The Flophouse) a listen - maybe I'll agree with you by the end, who knows?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I'm tempted to drop a few bucks on the app and listen to new content during the break. I have to go through Amazon Apps because it's not on the Google Play store right?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Armani posted:

Hahaha, no I have not. I was just taken aback by the comment. I'll give it (The Flophouse) a listen - maybe I'll agree with you by the end, who knows?

I admit it was a little much.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

How long are they on break?

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

How long are they on break?

Just through August. But they're releasing "classic" episodes with new intros and outros from the guys (and the music removed because they pre-date the theme song) to tide us over.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Croisquessein posted:

why are you in a space ship, your ring goes faster

Because Abin Sur doesn't entirely trust his ring; he's afraid of a prophecy called the Blackest Night. Which they brought up in Green Lantern: Secret Origin (iirc) that could have functioned wonderfully as a self-contained-but-setting-up-later-stories story.

I can't bring myself to listen to their take on GL; the design/art was so perfect that the story being so disappointing hurt even worse.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The space ship was part of the original set-up, and there's an in-universe explanation in DC, but in the movie it's just a weird plot hole they could have easily changed.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MisterBibs posted:

Because Abin Sur doesn't entirely trust his ring; he's afraid of a prophecy called the Blackest Night. Which they brought up in Green Lantern: Secret Origin (iirc) that could have functioned wonderfully as a self-contained-but-setting-up-later-stories story.

I can't bring myself to listen to their take on GL; the design/art was so perfect that the story being so disappointing hurt even worse.

The cod-literalization of a creepy and effective short GL story is the emblem of how creatively bankrupt Johns is. I can't stand that thing.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

The cod-literalization of a creepy and effective short GL story is the emblem of how creatively bankrupt Johns is. I can't stand that thing.

I don't know what the hell 'cod-literalization' is, but Johns took the a rather meh seed and made it into the best Event Story either line ever had.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The space ship was part of the original set-up, and there's an in-universe explanation in DC, but in the movie it's just a weird plot hole they could have easily changed.

That's my point. Why is he in a space ship? Because he's afraid. Of what? The Blackest Night. No need to really talk about it, there's enough going on right now (Alien who is trying to kill some human because he will possess The Black, have Sinestro and Hal deal with said alien, ignore that Blackest Night poo poo from the dangerous alien)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

"You'll get the chair, Longstocking! THE CHAIR!"