Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
yeah lamb is the best mince, it goes amazing in bolognese as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
quorn :slick:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

we dont use the q word

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
I work with a guy from near Manchester

He blows his nose like a trumpet loudly in our tiny office, coughs and hacks phlegm and spits it into tissues, then examines it

He has jungle-like nose hair, is super fat, has hosed up teeth and walks like a duck

His only hobbies are talking about how Man U sucks and how great Man City is, and making fart jokes

He reads Viz and Garfield unironically

He refuses to say the word "lunch" because it sounds too much "like a Jessie", and when he hears sad news about someone dying he says "oh my deary, what a shame, bless him"

It's no wonder his wife divorced him because he yelled at "the telly" too much during games

He constantly repeats phrases in lower and lower volumes, like after reading a particularly rib-tickling Viz comic "that's good that... that's good that....... that's good that"

Why is it that all northern English people I have ever met are retarded? the Londoners and people from Brighton or whatever are usually fine. Even the Scots are decent.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

we dont use the q word

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

The gently caress is 'like a Jessie'?

I'm in Warrington! Traffic sucks and it's pissing down. Feels like home.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
I don't know man you tell me it's your weird rear end country

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Fraction posted:

'girl' I think.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Fraction posted:

ive only ever heard people use it when doing impressions of a scottish person

i doubt its a word they even really use any more

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

och aye the noo ya wee jessie

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Like a Jessie = like a girl

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008

Fraction posted:

Sausage HQ is in Warrington :captainpop:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Gibberish posted:

I work with a guy from near Manchester

He blows his nose like a trumpet loudly in our tiny office, coughs and hacks phlegm and spits it into tissues, then examines it

He has jungle-like nose hair, is super fat, has hosed up teeth and walks like a duck

His only hobbies are talking about how Man U sucks and how great Man City is, and making fart jokes

He reads Viz and Garfield unironically

He refuses to say the word "lunch" because it sounds too much "like a Jessie", and when he hears sad news about someone dying he says "oh my deary, what a shame, bless him"

It's no wonder his wife divorced him because he yelled at "the telly" too much during games

He constantly repeats phrases in lower and lower volumes, like after reading a particularly rib-tickling Viz comic "that's good that... that's good that....... that's good that"

Why is it that all northern English people I have ever met are retarded? the Londoners and people from Brighton or whatever are usually fine. Even the Scots are decent.

a turbogoon

Vitamins posted:

one coohoolin is enough :mad:

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
oh and he also crushes bottles really loudly in the tiny office for customers to hear, and also sneezes incredibly loudly, again, scaring customers

seriously is it something in the water?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He was kicked out for a reason.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the water in the north is good because its not all recycled

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

crispix posted:

one coohoolin is enough :mad:

im sorry :gonk:

Jose posted:

the water in the north is good because its not all recycled

this is true

ive found water in hampshire to be particularly bad for some reason

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hampshire's got its own aquifer. I blame that.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

dartmoor provided me with radioactive water, so what?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Watching raiders of the most ark on BBC 1 is making me realise I must have been about 12 the last time I saw it from the start

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

indiana left that woman captive of the nazis

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I've decided to go solo on doing gig promotions in Liverpool but I've just realised I've been so out of the loop for years now that I have no idea what to be putting on. I've only got one gig planned so far :ohdear:
I don't even get involved in any online communities anymore so I have no idea about new music or underground music apart from all of the lovely local bands. Help.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You probably should have thought about that before starting.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Well I mostly had one of the other guys in our collective who recommended what bands to put on and such, I just haven't really been discovering bands by myself since I was in my late teens. It just feels weird to get back into.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

put some post rock gigs on. i mean they'll probably fail but its good music imo if the band aren't poo poo. its noise otherwise

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've never seen a crowd turn so fast as they do when they get unexpected post rock. Traditional folk goes down better.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao who would ever do that except a dj taking the piss

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Jose posted:

put some post rock gigs on. i mean they'll probably fail but its good music imo if the band aren't poo poo. its noise otherwise

this is so true, i like your music opinions jose

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

idk Liverpool still has a bit of a scene of post rock lovers and such. I wouldn't mind getting MAYBESHEWILL to play again, or maybe Red Sparowes. Just something mega entry level and then get a few of the more obscure stuff on as support.

I'm mostly going to be dealing with Metal shows as I have more contacts in that scene and I know how to promote to metalheads better, would love to slowly move onto more interesting stuff though. i guess the new ~cool~ thing is this whole doom-pop poo poo like Chelsea Wolfe and King Dude so i could ride on that for some easy cash.

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

Jose posted:

put some post rock gigs on.

Good god yes. Little annoyed I'm going to have to miss arctangent later this month.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i had the chance to get a free ticket to see explosions in the sky but it would have involved going with a mates ugly ex who was keen when i wasn't

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

Seen them four times and I'm sorry to say you missed out on something beautiful. They'll probably tour next year though, they're working on a new album now.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Vitamins posted:

Incorrect.

It would be big Jessie.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

UncleBlazer posted:

Seen them four times and I'm sorry to say you missed out on something beautiful. They'll probably tour next year though, they're working on a new album now.

i'd like to see EF live

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I enjoy explosions in the sky

Miggles
Dec 8, 2003

Is Jodrel Bank still a thing?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The radio telescopes there are still an active research thing, yes.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I would like post rock but I feel like my head is disappearing up my arse when I listen to it

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Miggles posted:

Is Jodrel Bank still a thing?

I saw it from a distance today

It was being rained on quite hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

there is no post rock there is only dad rock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBRoQ91W1rk