Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bundt Cake posted:

Shields has done some grappling things in mma that are kind of insane if unspectacular, but hes also capable of being terrible so I dont know what tot hink of him

I think most people try to convince themselves that not only did Jake survive the H-Bomb, but also soundly beat everyone's favorite Old Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

canoshiz posted:

IIRC there was a UFC fighter (can't remember who) who said on an AMA that Shields was one of the most weirdly strong people he had ever rolled with. I don't think he's physically weak at all.

hmm i did forget about that. Well... I still stand by my statement for some reason

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Shields is tapping into his inner serial killer for this fight. I just couldn't bet against someone with dem crazy eyes.
(Although he could just be really hungry and scanning the crowd for tofu and/or hay.)

http://gfycat.com/BothCluelessAnaconda

Doctor Nick
Dec 27, 2003

jase1 posted:

It's my birthday and I am celebrating in Vegas and I just walked away from a 36 hour poker session up almost 10k so I am taking 1k of those winnings and trying to get lucky as gently caress and decided to make a bet.

1k on correia to get back 11k. Hopefully I am not at my birthday party during the fight otherwise I will miss it.

gettin' ready

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Happy birthday jase1!

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
even though I put a lot of money on Ronda winning within the first few rounds, I hope jase1 wins his bet. And enjoy your birthday dude.

And Atom too but he has significantly less money on the line.

an cow
Mar 18, 2002

This post may lower your reputation
Does DraftKings bullshit count in this thread as well?

My lineup for tonight:

Rousey
Aguilar
Vitor Miranda
Soa Palelei
N E I L M A G N Y

I know Rousey is a bit of a trap but it seems like way too many guaranteed points and insurance against Struve or someone making GBS threads the bed.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

jase1 posted:

It's my birthday and I am celebrating in Vegas and I just walked away from a 36 hour poker session up almost 10k so I am taking 1k of those winnings and trying to get lucky as gently caress and decided to make a bet.

1k on correia to get back 11k. Hopefully I am not at my birthday party during the fight otherwise I will miss it.

Oh hey we share the same birthday. Good luck!

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009
Was thinking of dropping some money on Correira to win but I just can't see any way of her winning so instead I'm wasting my money on a $1 parlay on Rafael Cavalcante/Nordine Taleb/Jessica Aguilar/Neil Magny/Big Foot/Little Nog/Big Nog to win $1652

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Ronda by sub is only -165, which seems good to me, if not very exciting

I put $50 on that and have $50 from earlier on Ronda having the fastest sub of the night +125

vainman fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 2, 2015

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
ive got a tenner on a magny / aguilar / bigfoot parlay to win nearly 300$. i'm not predicting a win, but all of those fights are closer than the bookies make out imo

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

ive got a tenner on a magny / aguilar / bigfoot parlay to win nearly 300$. i'm not predicting a win, but all of those fights are closer than the bookies make out imo

:hfive: I also got 19 on Magny/Bigfoot to win 132 lets do this poo poo

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Marching Powder posted:

Yep, I've got $10 on that trio but I only get $270 if they win. Worth it imo, we'll see how they pan out.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Too many goons on the Magny train now. We all know how that goes. But good luck to us all and the Bigfoot fight.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Someone needs to do reverse parlays of goon picks every card

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Neil Magny

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
$100 on Ronda to win via TKO/KO.

Pays $195.

Swarm that bitch Ronda. Let the hands fly.

(I'm well aware I'm throwing money away.)

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Viper_3000 posted:

Pays $195.

goongratulations

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Viper_3000 posted:

Pays $195.

(I'm well aware I'm throwing money away.)

Congratulations, friend

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Good poo poo

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
Holy poo poo. I didn't throw my money away.

Wow Ronda. Just wow.

Is there going to be a single prop bet at even odds besides anything over 2 rounds next Ronda fight? I don't loving see it happening.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

vainman posted:

I put $50 on that and have $50 from earlier on Ronda having the fastest sub of the night +125

lol

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009
....I bet on the wrong horse tonight.

At least Bigfoot pulled through for me.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
$10 on a Struve / Rua / Rousey parlay for $25

After tossing $10 on Mendez I'm just a bit up. I'm never betting on mma again

Doctor Nick
Dec 27, 2003

jase1 posted:

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009

Nystral posted:

$10 on a Struve / Rua / Rousey parlay for $25

After tossing $10 on Mendez I'm just a bit up. I'm never betting on mma again

That's dumb

You're dumb

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009
You should tail jase1 instead, that guy knows what's up

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

vainman posted:

good bet but woof

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I lost on Feijao, Magny, and Big Nog but covered most of that on Bigfoot and betting heavy on Rousey finishing in round 1. The thing is if I had to redo those picks over I still would have picked Big Nog and Feijao, those fights were decently close where as Magny was on defense the entire fight and then got submitted.

Also manyak with a secret lock on the Palhares pick

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I didn't watch it live but it looked like Feijao died in the replay

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

origami posted:

I didn't watch it live but it looked like Feijao died in the replay

he got his brain scrambled but he tagged Cummins a lot in the first 2 rounds. Cummins could barely see at the end of the fight. I thought Magny was going to be the best bet for an upset out of the four but he did the worst. he got controlled the entire match.

Anyways I doubt I'll be betting on anything next weekend. It's a bad card.

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009

Bubba Smith posted:

I lost on Feijao, Magny, and Big Nog but covered most of that on Bigfoot and betting heavy on Rousey finishing in round 1. The thing is if I had to redo those picks over I still would have picked Big Nog and Feijao, those fights were decently close where as Magny was on defense the entire fight and then got submitted.

I bet on Magny solely on the basis of your post. How dare you mislead me. I should have put all my money on Bigfoot like I originally planned, but honestly I probably would've backed out like the coward I am. Also, how the gently caress did Jakes Shields lose to Paul Harris? I thought his vaunted legacy of American Jiu Jitsu could withstand a one trick pony, but I guess I was mistaken.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

The manyak lock rides again

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.
God dammit

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Made it to a TV just in time to see my 1k hit the floor like a ton of bricks.

Viper_3000 posted:

Holy poo poo. I didn't throw my money away.

Wow Ronda. Just wow.

Is there going to be a single prop bet at even odds besides anything over 2 rounds next Ronda fight? I don't loving see it happening.

Nice hit!

Is there seriously no one who can contend with Rousey or is the UFC feeding her tomato cans. Eventually she has to lose right or is she really that good?

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

jase1 posted:

Made it to a TV just in time to see my 1k hit the floor like a ton of bricks.

Nice hit!

Is there seriously no one who can contend with Rousey or is the UFC feeding her tomato cans. Eventually she has to lose right or is she really that good?

She really is that good and everyone else in her division is worse than you'd think. She is the best striker and grappler at W135 by huge margins.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bubba Smith posted:

Too many goons on the Magny train now. We all know how that goes. But good luck to us all and the Bigfoot fight.

What's it like to be a prophet

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Sam Alvey is anywhere from +250 to +320 vs. Derek Brunson

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Alvey is tempting but it feels like a fight where you're waiting all 15 minutes for Alvey to finally land the shot to put Brunson away and it never happens.

I'd love if it did though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Bet against Mark Holtzman, jase